9/11 Never Forget Footage.

maroonlegions

Feck me, this is the first time i have seen this.

Truly  emotionally harrowing and sad video.

Actual phone calls from poor folk on board the planes and control towers..

Samuel Camazzola

Still chilling. The image of the firefighter going up the stairwell as everyone was going down will be remembered forever. Thankfully he made it out in time. 

19 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Feck me, this is the first time i have seen this.

Truly  emotionally harrowing and sad video.

Actual phone calls from poor folk on board the planes and control towers..

Absolutely heartbreaking 😔

3 minutes ago, moshy said:

Thousands of people wiped out while the real terrorists let events go to plan.

Bush, Cheney, SIlverstein to name a few.

Has there been any more news on the missing trillions? 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No idea, they just borrowed more non existent trillions didn't they?

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The plane that struck the Pentagon conveniently wiped out all the records which were announced the day before, September the 10th. ☹️

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

The plane that struck the Pentagon conveniently wiped out all the records which were announced the day before, September the 10th. ☹️

:conspiracy:

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

There was back up data to that, unfortunately that was also destroyed when the bbc demolished wtc7 half an hour before the owner frankenstein said pull it down.

Up early that day as usual. Coffee in the cup and TV on to CNN. See the Tower and shots of a plane approaching suddenly the plane flies right into the tower.  Thats bad enough then they show another aircraft which is apparently off course, then it hits the tower, it was so unrealistic that you thought well I will go and get ready for the golf  and see what the guys have to say. It would seem it was so dramatic to us all that our minds couldn't cope with the real extent of damage and loss of life.

Feck me, I remember that day so clearly.  These poor, poor people.

We were in a police station in Spain all morning then we went to a bar.  They were showing re-run after re-run of the hits on the Towers and there was actually some sick b@stards clapping and cheering.

8 minutes ago, moshy said:

There was back up data to that, unfortunately that was also destroyed when the bbc demolished wtc7 half an hour before the owner frankenstein said pull it down.

Is there not a news clip online of the bbc reporting that the wtc7 had fallen before it had actually fallen.

Thanks for sharing this @maroonlegions. I make a point not to watch videos like this anymore, as even 19 years on it's still very raw and shocking to the conscience, but appreciate you putting it out there nonetheless.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Another thread to let the crackpots loose. 

36 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Harrowing footage indeed. Just watched it all.

Now cue the wacko conspiracy theorists...

As sure as summer follows spring.

Several thousand people died that day, all of the deaths were violent, and many suffered terrible anguish in the minutes before they died. Many of the victims' families are still suffering today. It was a terrible human tragedy, but there are still people who want to make some kind of political statement about it.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Thanks for sharing this @maroonlegions. I make a point not to watch videos like this anymore, as even 19 years on it's still very raw and shocking to the conscience, but appreciate you putting it out there nonetheless.

I second that.  I get choked up thinking about those poor, doomed people.  It's impossible to imagine the anguish of the victims who chose to jump to their death rather than be roasted alive.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

As sure as summer follows spring.

Several thousand people died that day, all of the deaths were violent, and many suffered terrible anguish in the minutes before they died. Many of the victims' families are still suffering today. It was a terrible human tragedy, but there are still people who want to make some kind of political statement about it.

I don't think making political statements about tragedies is out of bounds. Awareness of the political underpinnings, the individuals involved and their decisions, broad policy that led to terrorism, etc., are key to understanding the what, why and how of tragedies like this.

Conspiracist nonsense is apart from that imo.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

I second that.  I get choked up thinking about those poor, doomed people.  It's impossible to imagine the anguish of the victims who chose to jump to their death rather than be roasted alive.

One of the absolute worst things to think about. Had Vietnam-style flashbacks to that footage and also entirely created "memories" of the experience of jumping towards the street below from hundreds of metres up, for years afterwards.

luckyBatistuta

Never watched anything to do with that tragedy for many years and I now know why. I actually had tears in my eyes listening to that poor woman asking her partner to tell her children that she loved them. 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

I had a right emotional response when i got  to the part of that video  when a women on one of those ill fated planes was phoning her family.

Had to pause the video and  pull myself together such was the impact i felt.

Utterly tragic.

And people think why some folk  need  to reach for the bottle sometimes, when exposed to such harrowing human suffering.

Not condoning booze as a way out but i needed it at that moment. 

Poured myself a stiff highland malt and watched the rest.

Nothing can take away that indsious day of events.

Edited by maroonlegions

22 minutes ago, trotter said:

They have a lot of the calls that they play inside the museum at Ground Zero. Its ******* awful to hear. 

Feck never knew that. Must be brutal eh.

8 minutes ago, Gone said:

To this day I still randomly get thoughts in my head thinking about what it would be like to be trapped up there. Messes with me every September

The idea that always gets me is what was going through the peoples heads that jumped. Its either 1) stay inside with the guarantee you'll be crushed or burned alive, vs 2) jump 80-odd floors and take your chances of hitting something soft and the almost guarantee that you'll die.

Although option 2 is about as horrible as it gets, I would argue that its still miles better than option 1. 

Edited by trotter

6 minutes ago, trotter said:

The idea that always gets me is what was going through the peoples heads that jumped. Its either 1) stay inside with the guarantee you'll be crushed or burned alive, vs 2) jump 80-odd floors and take your chances of hitting something soft and the almost guarantee that you'll die.

Although option 2 is about as horrible as it gets, I would argue that its still miles better than option 1. 

Makes it a wee bit easier knowing they would have been unconscious by the time they hit the ground.

Is there not a news clip online of the bbc reporting that the wtc7 had fallen before it had actually fallen.

Yes that's what I was referring too.

Just now, moshy said:

Yes that's what I was referring too.

It's just ignored though eh, or put down to a mistake, just like the missing trillians and all the evidence being destroyed, no evidence of a plane actually crashing into the pentagon, all the security camera's conveniently missing the impact. etc etc

We're all just off our nut though and nobody ever lies. 

There is, yeah. If we stop for a minute and think about the likelihood of

- A reporter making a mistake that turned out to be accidentally prophetic

versus

- A multi-national conspiracy necessarily involving thousands, and none of those thousands have ever come out and revealed the truth in nearly two decades

... neither is likely, but it's pretty easy to figure out which is more likely, and who the burden of proof lies with. Keep in mind the burden of proof is not satisfied by "oh this is a strange coincidence, this is a weird thing, look at this odd bit, jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams", etc.

9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're all just off our nut though

PinClipart.com_right-clipart_17771.png.a991c251e4ecdc641116e7821ae08ee2.png

9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

and nobody ever lies. 

Ever. Especially not the pushers of 9/11 conspiracy theories :Aye:

Now please stop bamming up the thread.

Just now, Justin Z said:

There is, yeah. If we stop for a minute and think about the likelihood of

- A reporter making a mistake that turned out to be accidentally prophetic

versus

- A multi-national conspiracy necessarily involving thousands, and none of those thousands have ever come out and revealed the truth in nearly two decades

... neither is likely, but it's pretty easy to figure out which is more likely, and who the burden of proof lies with. Keep in mind the burden of proof is not satisfied by "oh this is a strange coincidence, this is a weird thing, look at this odd bit, jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams", etc.

PinClipart.com_right-clipart_17771.png.a991c251e4ecdc641116e7821ae08ee2.png

Ever. Especially not the pushers of 9/11 conspiracy theories :Aye:

Now please stop bamming up the thread.

Cool story bud, I'm not saying it's fact, I'm just saying, don't believe everything you read. 

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Cool story bud, I'm not saying it's fact, I'm just saying, don't believe everything you read. 

Which is a fine approach. But following up the fine approach of not believing everything you read with "it therefore must be a massive multi-national conspiracy and I will believe everything this YouTuber says REALLY happened" is a double standard. It doesn't help any of us get at the truth. I'm just saying.

52 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Which is a fine approach. But following up the fine approach of not believing everything you read with "it therefore must be a massive multi-national conspiracy and I will believe everything this YouTuber says REALLY happened" is a double standard. It doesn't help any of us get at the truth. I'm just saying.

There's shit going on that none of us know about and we can't do anything about it, so yeah, we might as well just talk about who was your favourite turtle, mine was Raphael.

19 years ago. Absolutely crazy as can still remember where I was.

I went to the 9/11 memorial in NYC a couple of years ago. Incredible place and had a tear in my eye.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I went to the 9/11 memorial in NYC a couple of years ago. Incredible place and had a tear in my eye.

Same here. 

Quite a moving experience. 

11 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We don't want to hear about your bowels.

WTF?! Do you lack an ounce of human decency?

Just now, redjambo said:

No, but it doesn't do us any good to relive it all and start greeting. 

Sorry for making a joke about someone's comment. 

48 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I have visited it too,an eerie experience.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes.

Yes, he does, Red.

Almost every day/night he makes a show of ignorance and non-compassion.

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No, but it doesn't do us any good to relive it all and start greeting. 

Sorry for making a joke about someone's comment. 

Joking's fine. I've been known to crack one or two myself on JKB (always falling flat of course).

But when someone comes on and states that they were moved by the remembrance of a horrific event, then resorting to a toilet humour joke perhaps isn't the most appropriate course of action, imo.

It's always good for society and individuals to remember horrific events in the past, to think about those who died, and to try to ensure that it never happens again. We should never become inured to events like these.

Anyway, my reaction was a bit OTT too. I'm sure you're a decent guy/gal. It just shocked me to see your comment in this thread, GJ.

Just now, redjambo said:

Joking's fine. I've been known to crack one or two myself on JKB (always falling flat of course).

But when someone comes on and states that they were moved by the remembrance of a horrific event, then resorting to a toilet humour joke perhaps isn't the most appropriate course of action, imo.

It's always good for society and individuals to remember horrific events in the past, to think about those who died, and to try to ensure that it never happens again. We should never become inured to events like these.

Anyway, my reaction was a bit OTT too. I'm sure you're a decent guy/gal. It just shocked me to see your comment in this thread, GJ.

Yeah, it's cool, as i said, i'm sorry for making a joke in this thread, I understand that it's not the place. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, it's cool, as i said, i'm sorry for making a joke in this thread, I understand that it's not the place. 

No problem, GJ.

Just to get back on topic, it certainly doesn't seem like 19 years ago. I can still remember that day vividly, from the moment I got back home and walked into the living room to find my parents watching it on TV (the first plane had already struck). The thing that got to me most was when folk started jumping from the windows. What must it have been like for them up there, knowing that they were going to die anyway, so just jumping. Horrific.

I remember watching it live after the first plane hit. My thoughts were WTF. How could a pilot be that incompetent you can see that building from miles away. I'm debating with myself. Some sort of mental breakdown? Technical faults? But how could a technical fault cause this?

Then in comes the second plane and I knew on the instant an attack was taking place. Instantly shocked by the scale of it but still not envisaging the towers coming down.

I saw a documentary in which there was a guy watching the buildings burn from an office block with a colleague of his. The colleague says to him you know I think those buildings may fall.

The guy says I was just about to respond to him with that's not going to happen, those buildings are made of steel. Before he could utter a syllable of that down it went.

Kudos to the heroes of Flight 93 who stormed the cockpit, men and women, couldn't take the plane back but did force it down before it could reach it's target. Suspected to be the Capitol.

Edited by JFK-1