Match Day - St Mirren (friendly)

Sertse

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

😂Off topic slightly but there used to be a dentist in Bonnyrigg call D Kay. 

Or the Irish one called Phil McCavity

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sertse

• August Landmesser

• Beast Boy

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yann Songo’o according to the EEN

Only lasting memory of him is when he kicked off after Hamill decked Derek Adams. Thought him and Lockie were gonna have a scrap 

Mid Calder Jambo
19 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

There was a florist on Dalry Road called R. Bush when I was a kid.

There was a lady in Leith called M.Kay Bush

9 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Or the sandwich shop called

Sam and Ella's

42 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

:rofl:

There once was a lassie from Leith,

She had broken tombstones for teeth,

One night she drank rum,

And had too much fun,

Now she’s lying in bed with her son.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

There was a florist on Dalry Road called R. Bush when I was a kid.

When I worked for the education department in a London Borough in the 80s the Director's Secretary was called (and used to sign herself) Miss Speller

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

When I worked for the education department in a London Borough in the 80s the Director's Secretary was called (and used to sign herself) Miss Speller

Somebody please post the Miss Hedgehog photo!!

17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

😂Nice one. There was a guy in the Navy, John Findlay might remember, who was a Chief Clerk. In the Navy they are known as Writers and this guy was known as Chief Writer Ink Pen 

Got to say, all maroon looks tremendous. Although last seasons kit was rank. That white bit round the collar just looks bad. 

This season in all maroon would look cracking. 

Seems Robbie is going hard on the wingers, not sure what that means for Moore. Hopefully still a role for the laddie, seems a hard worker. Could potentially look at converting him to LB/RB if he's looking to be locked out of LM/RM. 

The 28-year-old played 45 minutes as a replacement Olly Lee.

I would say for Damour

Neilson is on the lookout for a defensively minded midfielder who will provide some steel in the middle of the park.

Hooray, superb, get in!  I am a fan of a DM player, it's essential.

Songo’o will continue to train with Hearts at Oriam in a bid to win a deal with at Tynecastle.

All the best big man!  Just don't break anybody in training :) 

55 minutes ago, OTT said:

Got to say, all maroon looks tremendous. Although last seasons kit was rank. That white bit round the collar just looks bad. 

This season in all maroon would look cracking. 

Seems Robbie is going hard on the wingers, not sure what that means for Moore. Hopefully still a role for the laddie, seems a hard worker. Could potentially look at converting him to LB/RB if he's looking to be locked out of LM/RM. 

All maroon is awful. I have no idea why they keep making strips like this. The shorts have to be white or it’s just wrong.

Yann a bit slow to close down the space for the run up to their goal.  Halket got his angle wrong for the shot.  No biggy, learn from it hopefully.

The Roberts goal was good for the composure and cool finish, good anticipation as well.  Nice  pass and move for the second goal, noticed White got involved, got forward well.  Lee almost screwed the move up, but we recovered and scored.

Edited by HMFC01

thehibsareintheirbeds

No the best quality or easiest to follow highlights but few decent flashes of play and good to have some pace and directness back in team.

Thought brandon got caught a few times and wonder if wighton will ever get a goal but encouraging start

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Wighton's shaved his head into the wood.

Looks like 12 Monkeys. 😄

And played like 1 monkey since joining us

Our 2nd goal was a fantastic, flowing move until Lee's misplaced pass - good passage of play though,  only a bounce game but encouraging to see us look lively and direct.   Hopefully we're we'll see more enjoyable football with more hunger to get results too.  Fingers crossed!

Brandon was terrible in these highlights, unfortunately. 

We also committed the same irritance of old - letting a ball carrier travel 30 yards uncontested in our own half to make a telling pass under zero pressure. Almost always costs us. Some stuff to work on for Robbie which he'll be well aware of I'm sure and it is early days. 

Lord knows what their keeper was thinking for the first goal. Second goal was pretty good to be fair and we were up against a team already through training and into the thick of it. 

Highlights showing chances for both sides. A bit more balance than the Sheff Utd game - unless we really DID create **** all in that game!

Nice to see a couple of goals and quite a few chances.

Onwards we go...

Leveins Battalion

What are folk expecting?:gok: A 6 month break isn't going to make Brandon,Damour,White and Wighton into quality footballers.They are and always will be shite.

Thankfully Robbie is clearing them out 1 at a time.:getout:

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

All maroon is awful. I have no idea why they keep making strips like this. The shorts have to be white or it’s just wrong.

Agreed!

19 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Who was it that shot at the end instead of squaring the ball for a tap in?

Looked like Henderson.

23 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Who was it that shot at the end instead of squaring the ball for a tap in?

Henderson 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What are folk expecting?:gok: A 6 month break isn't going to make Brandon,Damour,White and Wighton into quality footballers.They are and always will be shite.

Thankfully Robbie is clearing them out 1 at a time.:getout:

Yep. All not good enough unfortunately.

8 hours ago, jambocub said:

Any idea of what team st mirren put out

St Mirren: Lyness, Tait, Shuaghnessy, Sheron, McAllister, Durmus, MacPherson, McGrath, Dennis, Connolly, Erhahon. Subs: Alnwick, Henderson, Jamieson, Offord, Jack, Breadner.

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, j1964m said:

St Mirren: Lyness, Tait, Shuaghnessy, Sheron, McAllister, Durmus, MacPherson, McGrath, Dennis, Connolly, Erhahon. Subs: Alnwick, Henderson, Jamieson, Offord, Jack, Breadner.

I make that around 6 or 7 first team players for them, which is probably the same as what we had out as well by the time you take into account international duty and injuries etc. 

I've got a mate who plays for St Mirren  and played the game against us. He said that our current team would stroll the championship. I asked him about Songo and he said he was ok and just a big unit of a midfielder. He's played in the SPL for a number of years so I trust his opinion.

Considering that team was missing naismith, berra, smith, boyce, and any future signings, that's pretty promising.

25 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I've got a mate who plays for St Mirren  and played the game against us. He said that our current team would stroll the championship. I asked him about Songo and he said he was ok and just a big unit of a midfielder. He's played in the SPL for a number of years so I trust his opinion.

Considering that team was missing naismith, berra, smith, boyce, and any future signings, that's pretty promising.

Tait or Shaughnessy ? ;) 

August Landmesser
14 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Is Boyce carrying an injury? Couldn't see him in the training pictures this week either

He and Smith are away with Norn Iron

On 03/09/2020 at 08:58, kettering jam tart said:

Wouldn’t be kickback without people moaning about a win 

Good to know we have a presence in Kettering - I have cousins in Kettering, Corby and Cottingham and have visited the area often - been in the Rangers Club