Cobra Kai

iantjambo

For fans of The Karate Kid movies and who haven’t seen the Cobra Kai tv show. Season 1&2 is now available on Netflix.

Really good series.

With so many dodgy remakes and reboots going about this is actually decent. Its much better than the shite Karate kid movie they let will Smith do. 

A pity old Miyagi didn't make it though. 

1 minute ago, JimKongUno said:

With so many dodgy remakes and reboots going about this is actually decent. Its much better than the shite Karate kid movie they let will Smith do. 

A pity old Miyagi didn't make it though. 

Yeah, the remake, like most remakes, was atrocious. 
I love the tv show though. It really sticks to the original movies.

William H. Bonney
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah, the remake, like most remakes, was atrocious. 
I love the tv show though. It really sticks to the original movies.

this was my favourite scene. 

Just now, Furious Styles said:

this was my favourite scene. 

I loved the episode where Johnny’s childhood friends returned. 
A really nice touch was Tommy being zipped up in a body bag. Of course, this was a reference to the “get him a body bag” line in the original movie. 
 Incidentally, The actor that played Tommy (Robert Garrison) was seriously ill in real life and passed away from kidney failure just a few months after the episode was aired.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Binge watched season 1 last weekend. Excellent stuff. Smart and funny with lots of little nods to the original movie(s).

Hadn’t even heard of it until a few days ago and was surprised to learn it had been around YouTube’s premium channel since 2018. Glad Netflix bought it so it can get the attention it deserves.

Captain Sausage

I thought it was absolutely chronic. 

There is a nice dose of nostalgia, but the acting is some of worst I’ve come across recently. Got halfway through episode 2 and turned it off. 

Always knew Johnny was the real victim in the Karate Kid movies. Badly portrayed and vilified when the whole situation was caused by that evil "Daniel San" and his Sensei. 

He only won that Karate tournament due to an illegal kick to the face then Daniel stole Johnny's bursds. Poor guy.

Johnny had an alcoholic mother, a complete tosser as a step-father and his Sensei was just evil and manipulating.

Hard times for a vulnerable teenage boy whereas Danial had a loving mother and a hard working positive father figure in Mr Miyagi.

Even now, Daniel is a first class "look at me" tosser who rubs Johnny's nose in it at every opportunity and STILL blames Johnny for everything. Even Daniels wife can see he's a knob of the highest order!

Excellent series if you were the right age when the original Karate Kit movies came out. Binge watched most of it on Sunday on the couch nursing a hangover.

Watched the first 2 episodes of the first series for free.  Was delighted the rivalry had returned, liked when they stared at each other at the end of episode 2.   Gutted when I realised I had to pay to watch the rest of it :)   

Hopefully it becomes available sometime later.  I don't use netflix.

• 1 month later...
On 28/08/2020 at 20:35, iantjambo said:

For fans of The Karate Kid movies and who haven’t seen the Cobra Kai tv show. Season 1&2 is now available on Netflix.

Really good series.

On face value thought it looked shit so never did try watching. Mind you I didn't much like Karate Kid either.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

On face value thought it looked shit so never did try watching. Mind you I didn't much like Karate Kid either.

It's cheesy as you like and terrible, but strangely enjoyable at the same time.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 03/10/2020 at 18:49, Sooperstar said:

It's cheesy as you like and terrible, but strangely enjoyable at the same time.

My missus watched every episode which stunned me. Primarily because it's a pile of 💩 

I'm gutted this never got cancelled. Can't believe it didn't get cancelled. My Mrs is going to want it on. Where's the seethe thread?

11 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

My missus watched every episode which stunned me. Primarily because it's a pile of 💩 

8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I'm gutted this never got cancelled. Can't believe it didn't get cancelled. My Mrs is going to want it on. Where's the seethe thread?

quiet-johnny-lawrence.gif

Weirdly I didn't realise this was out today yet reaching into the wardrobe this morning it was my Cobra Kai tshirt that was first to hand! Mrs Ribble is working tonight so I'll have peace and quiet to binge it by myself!

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Weirdly I didn't realise this was out today yet reaching into the wardrobe this morning it was my Cobra Kai tshirt that was first to hand! Mrs Ribble is working tonight so I'll have peace and quiet to binge it by myself!

We’re about to start binge watching. Should be done by about 5-6 o’clock. Then crack open the beer and start celebrating Hogmanay. 
Today is a good day 😁