Sad To Announce...... Gorgie Hearts Have Folded

coach

Like to thank the lads from here, who over the years played for Gorgie Hearts.

Laidlaw, Borris, McGrail, Smiffy, Stirlo, Mal, etc, etc, etc...

after 4 years iv decided to go back to kids football.

last season, our last, was out most successful, but if im being honest, our 1st season, with the lads above, and a lot more (sorry if i forget your names) was the most enjoyable.

as we started from Jambos Kickback, it was only right to make sure i thanked everyone who had been part of the club for its 4 years as a team.

im fully qualified, and i will return to adults football again, but at a higher level i hope. ...so, away to fernieside it is

thanks

Shaun

ps..

i have a LOT of football gear to sell, strips, nets, balls, cones, bibs etc etc.. A LOT MORE. i have started a thread in "for sale or wanted" section with my number on it.

Can you not get someone else to run it?

Tried for a few days, asked a lot of people i know and trust.

also, when i left 90% of the players walked away.

so, we were left in a position where there was no manager, and only a few players.

basher the jambo

All the best Shaun, It was good playing against yous the last couple of years some cracking games.

Unlucky Mate

You did a great job and it was good times while it lasted.

:pray:

MARSH U CHAMP :biggrin:

Guest juvehearts

Thats a crying shame mate,

well done on the coaching front.

good luck for the future,

gutted that GH have folded, was looking to get a club & get fit again :sad:

never got a chance to play in a game with you either shaun.

all the best mate

Ian.

I see that you forgot to put my name up there.

You used to forget me when i sat on the bench as well eh?

:P

I see that you forgot to put my name up there.

You used to forget me when i sat on the bench as well eh?

you were to good marsh..

..honest.

tell me, where did u end up playing ?

john brownlee

Just intrested was it financical or Pc rules regarding coaching

sorry to hear another sporting organization folding

sorry to hear that Shaun - that first season was something special and none of us will ever forget that even if the results weren't always the best!

Anyway all the best with the coaching - I've no doubt you'll go far as you've got the determination needed to make it.

TyphoonJambo

Dear Shaun,

Your CV sounds extremely promising and your success in managing a team of relatively untalented individuals leads me to believe you have the potential to do a job for me. Tel me, how are you with communications ( in particular the fax machine)? Have you small holes on all your major limbs capable of accomodating almost invisible strings capable of pulling you in predetermined directions? Are you willing to work for a bag of potatoes a week and what are your views on piggy back races as a means of finely tuning athletes? (both the Cuban and American Athletics teams are ****ting themselves over our discovery of their techniques by the way, if you want a good bet put your wages on Lithuania to wipe the Olympics clean). Finaly, if you can, pactice facing a camera whilst talking bollocks in a convincing manner to the great dilluded, but above all remmeber that you must at all times have absolutely no respect for history, a city's pride, the fans feelings or the style of football played.

I look forward to your application. Dont worry about your lack of knowledge of the British game nor your not being a well respected remember of the international game.The lithuanian game bears many of the same qualities of your local pub league (indeed many of our best have layed for Hearts) I have fooled a great number of poeple over the last couple of years and I am confident that my sheep will accept you as the new Messah.

Looking foward to hearing from you soon

VR

Like to thank the lads from here, who over the years played for Gorgie Hearts.

Laidlaw, Borris, McGrail, Smiffy, Stirlo, Mal, etc, etc, etc...

after 4 years iv decided to go back to kids football.

last season, our last, was out most successful, but if im being honest, our 1st season, with the lads above, and a lot more (sorry if i forget your names) was the most enjoyable.

as we started from Jambos Kickback, it was only right to make sure i thanked everyone who had been part of the club for its 4 years as a team.

im fully qualified, and i will return to adults football again, but at a higher level i hope. ...so, away to fernieside it is

thanks

Shaun

ps..

i have a LOT of football gear to sell, strips, nets, balls, cones, bibs etc etc.. A LOT MORE. i have started a thread in "for sale or wanted" section with my number on it.

Sorry to hear about Gorgie Hearts Shaun, many moons ago I played for a few of the Edinburgh Boys Clubs, have been o/seas for years now and often wondered what happened to one of the clubs I had a great time playing for, Longstone Hearts ? . All the best for the future Shaun ....CHEERS!

Dear Shaun,

Your CV sounds extremely promising and your success in managing a team of relatively untalented individuals leads me to believe you have the potential to do a job for me. Tel me, how are you with communications ( in particular the fax machine)? Have you small holes on all your major limbs capable of accomodating almost invisible strings capable of pulling you in predetermined directions? Are you willing to work for a bag of potatoes a week and what are your views on piggy back races as a means of finely tuning athletes? (both the Cuban and American Athletics teams are ****ting themselves over our discovery of their techniques by the way, if you want a good bet put your wages on Lithuania to wipe the Olympics clean). Finaly, if you can, pactice facing a camera whilst talking bollocks in a convincing manner to the great dilluded, but above all remmeber that you must at all times have absolutely no respect for history, a city's pride, the fans feelings or the style of football played.

I look forward to your application. Dont worry about your lack of knowledge of the British game nor your not being a well respected remember of the international game.The lithuanian game bears many of the same qualities of your local pub league (indeed many of our best have layed for Hearts) I have fooled a great number of poeple over the last couple of years and I am confident that my sheep will accept you as the new Messah.

Looking foward to hearing from you soon

VR

No Thanks

im very ambitious and dont fancy a backwards step

Shaun

:dribble:

Shame that they have folded i thought they were just starting to really establish themselves.

Played against them a few years ago for kickback and it was a really nasty game loads of abuse and terrible tackles.I loved it brilliant game to play in.

Shame that they have folded i thought they were just starting to really establish themselves.

Played against them a few years ago for kickback and it was a really nasty game loads of abuse and terrible tackles.I loved it brilliant game to play in.

ye, sadly we were like that 1st 2 years.

we were playing sunday football though, and its what the players at the time were used to...

step up to saturday, and you get a better bread of player.

they just want to show up, work hard and win (mostly)...

so im guessing when you hit the lower levels of senior/junior/kids at a high level the commitment and level of enthusiasm again goes up...

terrific experiance, loved every second of every day involved.

and yes, we were on the threshold of becoming one of the best sides in Edinburgh Saturday football..easily would have got there.

i think my main gripe of the amature game is the lack of commitment at this level. totally understandable, as lads have jobs/wifes/familes etc. i just want to be in a place there 100% loyalty and commitment is the norm.

i walk away a winner.

ps, the club name and gear is still for sale :dribble:

resisted earlier chances to reply to this thread BUT...

What were the reasons for Gorgie Hearts folding? Still not answered..

Also, i think before the season ends,knowing the Fernieside guys as i do there WILL be another parting of the ways with 'coach' tipping another club as the future.

Controversial perhaps but what i feel,we'll wait and learn.:(

basher the jambo

I know what your saying Shaun when i played in the Central Scottish AFL in my younger days with Fauldhouse.

They always had guys who would do anything to train and turn up for games. I used to turn up on a saturday morning after a night shift and travel through to Glasgow every other week.

Now that im helping out play/run one of the newer teams in the legue its hard to get guys to turn up. Its one of the times im traing to change in our team and i hope i can get somewhere with it.

resisted earlier chances to reply to this thread BUT...

What were the reasons for Gorgie Hearts folding? Still not answered..

Also, i think before the season ends,knowing the Fernieside guys as i do there WILL be another parting of the ways with 'coach' tipping another club as the future.

Controversial perhaps but what i feel,we'll wait and learn.:(

ok....

i walked away cos i just felt i wanted to, really is the only reason.

just needed a break. have been coaching kids for the last 10 years, havnt stopped, and i want to take a good under 15 side and turn them into a great side. its a massive challenge, but one im looking forward to.

as for your "feelings" i have no comment, but i will say this, im going there to focus 100% on the team i have. iv had a year owning a boys club, so i know the score. i have heard nothing but good things about fernieside.

and am i wrong in wanting to make any team i go to the best ?

iv coached 2 teams, one for 5 years other for 4, had to leave as all the kids were moving on, then Gorgie for reasons stated. at both teams we were winning things.

its 1st prize or nothing..surely thats a good way of thinking ? :confused:

I know what your saying Shaun when i played in the Central Scottish AFL in my younger days with Fauldhouse.

They always had guys who would do anything to train and turn up for games. I used to turn up on a saturday morning after a night shift and travel through to Glasgow every other week.

Now that im helping out play/run one of the newer teams in the legue its hard to get guys to turn up. Its one of the times im traing to change in our team and i hope i can get somewhere with it.

all you can do mate is make people realize that the more the put into it, the more they get out it.

some lads just want to do things at thier pace, others will go at the coaches. that is something u will never change.

this season at Gorgie i let go of some really good players at this level for things like being late, causing unrest, etc, etc...sadly, you let one idiot go, and other comes in...its like a revolving door of tubes. 90% of all the lads i worked with over the years were good, the other 10% ruin it for everyone.

you know who you are ;)

Sean...

I have never met you but what i know for fact is you do have an 'abrasive' personality,i also have heard albeit through 3rd parties that you have issues with control (?)

possibly the reasons your coaches felt it neccessary to walk? from youngsters to adults. No denying you started something good,then single handledly destroyed it.......sound familiar?

Winning is not and should not be the motivation for coaching youngsters,development should always come first!

Improvment second and trophies 3rd.

The fact you are more interested in selling even the name of your club speaks volumes (in my opinion)

Sean...

I have never met you but what i know for fact is you do have an 'abrasive' personality,i also have heard albeit through 3rd parties that you have issues with control (?)

possibly the reasons your coaches felt it neccessary to walk? from youngsters to adults. No denying you started something good,then single handledly destroyed it.......sound familiar?

Winning is not and should not be the motivation for coaching youngsters,development should always come first!

Improvment second and trophies 3rd.

The fact you are more interested in selling even the name of your club speaks volumes (in my opinion)

this is a forum, and in joining you agree to "discuss" we are "discussing" and you have gave me your opinion.

this forum is like a football team. 100 people with a 100 views that will differ.

my coached walked from kids to adults football ?

i have no idea of what you speak.

there was a sunday team, that felt they couldnt live with being a gorgie hearts team.

and kids teams that walked away for ?. in what appeared to be a cracking deal. as stated, they had my blessing. i could have kept 1 team on next season, but "we" have folded the whole thing.

at 15 year old, i think the will to win should be there.

and by winning you have to coach, and by coaching, you have to develope, so i am well aware of whats needed here.

as for selling the club, what would you say i do with it? give it away to charity ? send my strips to africa ? please, enlighten me :dribble:

there will be no Gorgie Hearts next season. the gear is for sale. and its a good deal. the people that get them, get 2 cracking sponsors to help develop whatever club gets them.

As you say, we are discussing opinions....in my opinion if anyone put as much effort as you into a club and walked away on a whim i would question their character,and their ability to succeed at someone elses club.

I know a lot of the guys at fernieside,being a gilmerton laddie myself and no doubt your name will crop up over a pint;)

Now,regarding your african idea i am a trustee of the Peace Vlllage School & Orphanage in Kenya with 300 kids from 8 - 20 and you can rest assured your strips will be gratefully recieved if the offer still stands?

I can supply official charity registration numbers if required and letter headed papers for bona fide proof.

As you say, we are discussing opinions....in my opinion if anyone put as much effort as you into a club and walked away on a whim i would question their character,and their ability to succeed at someone elses club.

I know a lot of the guys at fernieside,being a gilmerton laddie myself and no doubt your name will crop up over a pint;)

Now,regarding your african idea i am a trustee of the Peace Vlllage School & Orphanage in Kenya with 300 kids from 8 - 20 and you can rest assured your strips will be gratefully recieved if the offer still stands?

I can supply official charity registration numbers if required and letter headed papers for bona fide proof.

Mate i know who you are, iv been in your presence, remember ? think harder...

my whole family are from the Inch/Gilmerton, im sure i will hear your name in the passing also. infact, the Liberton Inn i hear is a place you dwell, maybe see you in there.

As for walking away, i can see your point, but you really are drifting in the wrong direction here for some reason, almost trying to find reason, when there is none. at the end of the day, i just wanted to go back to a level where the hard work was doing more good. had enough of adults football perhaps, at this level.

as for the strips. if i get nobody wanting them, REALLY, ill get back to you, and we will do just that. the thought of something i worked so hard to do, being somewhere making a difference appeals to me.

[the infact, the Liberton Inn i hear is a place you dwell, maybe see you in

not been in the liberton Inn since my 4th year at Gracemount High which was about oooh 10 years ago (roughly:))

I'm not trying to be secretive about my ID..in fact if you pm me i'll give you my name & address!!

especially if you are going to donate to my african kids!

[the infact, the Liberton Inn i hear is a place you dwell, maybe see you in

not been in the liberton Inn since my 4th year at Gracemount High which was about oooh 10 years ago (roughly:))

I'm not trying to be secretive about my ID..in fact if you pm me i'll give you my name & address!!

especially if you are going to donate to my african kids!

pm me, we can talk on msn

would like to find out more about the african thing.

pm me, ill give u my msn boss.

Robertson9

Sad that the club folded mate really enjoyed playing under you even though we didnt always agree on things :rolleyes:

Looking back now i know you were right ;)

It says a lot that a guy passing judgement on you on a internet forum has stated he doesnt know you!!

I wonder if he would have the bottle to say what he has to say face to face with you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

basher the jambo

Knowing both of them,

Why wouldnt he say it to his face :rolleyes::rolleyes: They are both grown men after all....

Sad that the club folded mate really enjoyed playing under you even though we didnt always agree on things :rolleyes:

Looking back now i know you were right ;)

It says a lot that a guy passing judgement on you on a internet forum has stated he doesnt know you!!

I wonder if he would have the bottle to say what he has to say face to face with you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

its just a forum, where people express opinions.

people base opinions on whatever, then say their bit.

i can hold my head up high and say i did my bit, worked hard, offered football in a cracking environment and tried to enjoy it.

its not uncommon for people to leave things, so i dont know why people are getting worked up :biggrin:

perhaps next time i hear anyone on here has left one job/interest for another, i will annoy them :dribble:

Sad to hear the news Sean, I played for Kickback a couple of times against GH and to echo Elmo's comments the games were always great to play in.

Just down the road from Fernie so will pop up and see how you are getting on with them

Sad to hear the news Sean, I played for Kickback a couple of times against GH and to echo Elmo's comments the games were always great to play in.

Just down the road from Fernie so will pop up and see how you are getting on with them

agreed, the Gorgie v Kickback, esp in the early days, were good fun.

i think the only player to get injured was Abdul from my team, when he broke his collar bone falling.

a few days later a card appeared thro Abs door from the kickback lads, saying get well soon.

was enjoyable stuff

Guest juvehearts
all you can do mate is make people realize that the more the put into it, the more they get out it.

some lads just want to do things at thier pace, others will go at the coaches. that is something u will never change.

this season at Gorgie i let go of some really good players at this level for things like being late, causing unrest, etc, etc...sadly, you let one idiot go, and other comes in...its like a revolving door of tubes. 90% of all the lads i worked with over the years were good, the other 10% ruin it for everyone.

you know who you are ;)

Gutted about them :sad:.

would have stayed & done well for GH.

still got a kid now & getting married to the partner in august,

ill Pm you with the details..... you should come, bring the family too man!

What ever happened to "Real Maroon", think they were the original team to emerge from (the original) kickback?

Good luck in your new venture Shaun.

Those early GH days were good. Hope everyone who was there is doing well.

All the best

Boris

Bit of a shocker - didnt expect that!

All the best for the future Shaun!

What ever happened to "Real Maroon", think they were the original team to emerge from (the original) kickback?

*Ahem*.

;)

Miller Jambo 60
Bit of a shocker - didnt expect that!

All the best for the future Shaun!

Sure the big barman from the mid played centre forward.

Shame hope they can get a backer.

DOUGSTAR X TOBY And CORRIE THISTLE

HappyJambo

They originated from jambos.net . Been going for 8 years roughly.

They originated from jambos.net . Been going for 8 years roughly.

Several JKB luminaries have pulled on the (real) maroon, currently including Borthers and Rob 1874, and in the past season we have also been "treated" to fleeting appearances from Gigalo Aunt and Buffalo Bill. ;)

Unfortunately our current goalie is rank rotten, eh HappyJambo?

Archived