Matt Doherty

Walter Bishop

From wiki: "His final game of the loan spell was the 2012 Scottish Cup Final, against Edinburgh derby rivals Hearts, where Hibs lost 1–5.[10] Doherty's post-match comments in interviews and on Twitter were criticised by some Hibernian fans,[11] and Doherty later apologised for the team's performance.[11]"

Any idea what he said? hahaha

Edited by JJ93

Gloooooooooooooooooooooorious! :rofl:

Theres hope for the Gambian Roberto Carlos yet then, tbf. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

From wiki: "His final game of the loan spell was the 2012 Scottish Cup Final, against Edinburgh derby rivals Hearts, where Hibs lost 1–5.[10] Doherty's post-match comments in interviews and on Twitter were criticised by some Hibernian fans,[11] and Doherty later apologised for the team's performance.[11]"

There was an interview on youtube after the game by some young Irish lad, Doherty said something along the lines of cant get out quick enough when asked if he wants to come back for another season. 

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Read this beauty from over there:

Its absolutely nauseating to think that a prick like him will retire from football made for life when honest guys like Lewis Stevenson and his ilk will no doubt have to work on after they are done. Its not even that he pissed off Hibs fans, no clubs fans would tolerate the utter disrespect and disregard for their feelings he showed to us after that cup final … he cant score enough own goals to suit me

15 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Its absolutely nauseating to think that a prick like him will retire from football made for life when honest guys like Lewis Stevenson and his ilk will no doubt have to work on after they are done. Its not even that he pissed off Hibs fans, no clubs fans would tolerate the utter disrespect and disregard for their feelings he showed to us after that cup final … he cant score enough own goals to suit me

Beautiful.

Doubt Lewis Stevenson will get much work after he retires though... I mean seriously... Ru Paul’s Drag Race is super competitive these days.

43 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

£1-5 million from Wolves to Spurs.

:cornette:

He has been outstanding for Wolves over the last 3 seasons. 

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mourinhos lost the feckin plot. Just retire mate ffs. 

Quite the opposite, he’s regained his senses and eventually realised Serge Aurier is utterly pony. 

10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Genuinely cannot remember this guy at Hibs at all. 

Not sure how that's possible unless you haven't watched the 5-1 final over and over again like I have. 

SectionDJambo
11 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

He’s the one who had the look of bewilderment every time Andy Driver sailed past him.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Quite the opposite, he’s regained his senses and eventually realised Serge Aurier is utterly pony. 

Personally felt Spurs needed a more all rounder, certainly a more stronger full back defensively.  

Got a feeling Doherty suits mid table sides more. Unsure if he’s the standard Spurs need to keep them up at the top end. 

Yes, Aurier is murder.  😁

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

He was asked how he thought the Hibs fans would be feeling and said “**** then”, then it seems was out on the town at night 😆😂. I think of the game every time I see him, imagine what it does to them 😜.

24 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

12 minutes ago, communist said:

Not sure how that's possible unless you haven't watched the 5-1 final over and over again like I have. 

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He’s the one who had the look of bewilderment every time Andy Driver sailed past him.

Think he was asked if he would be extending his loan deal after the biggest derby in Edinburgh history. Replied along the lines of:

“No ****ing chance”

Not 100% sure it was the same guy, but was he not also the guy who thought he was signing for Hearts, because he’d never even heard of Hibs? :rofl: 

Edited by Beast Boy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
51 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Never realised how much of a PHM Doherty was. Statue material?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Think he was asked if he would be extending his loan deal after the biggest derby in Edinburgh history. Replied along the lines of:

“No ****ing chance”

Not 100% sure it was the same guy, but was he not also the guy who thought he was signing for Hearts, because he’d never even heard of Hibs? :rofl: 

Someone find this interview pls

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Linked on to the thread expecting it to be in light of today's transfer news. Perhaps even partially. 

Nope.

All from a few years back, hating a player who played for Hibs a few years further back and in a game they're completely over, likesay, ken?

Seen a wee bit of Matt Doherty at Wolves and he looks pretty decent.

When the Irish kid asked if he'd be returning didn't Doherty just snort with derision and shake his head? 

That's my memory of it. 

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Interviewed after the game and the interviewer asked if he’d be coming back the next season?

he replied “no chance”😂😂

SectionDJambo

I have to say that Doherty has gone up in my estimation, since hearing how he pissed off the nitwits at Easter Road.

Do the rest of that team that caused them such public embarrassment attract the same vitriol?

been here before
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

And another...

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?262913-Matt-Doherty-Tweet

Classy...

Sean. 08:46 PM 28-04-2013
I'm not one for wishing injury on a professional but i'll make an exception for that ****. Cruciate ligament please.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Quality player tbf. Love the fact he got a new one by the famous

Great player i couldn't believe it was the same guy that was at Hibs where he was absolute shite.

Gives 100% every week , defends well and scores quite a few as well.

49 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

“No ****ing chance”

That's my recollection too, he didn't even try and dress it up with the old "had a great time, great bunch of lads and thanks to the gaffer/fans but probably time to move on" sort of chat, it was a simple, quick, "no chance at all" type answer.

Have to agree he has improved massively since then, could do very well at Spurs.

6 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

That's my recollection too, he didn't even try and dress it up with the old "had a great time, great bunch of lads and thanks to the gaffer/fans but probably time to move on" sort of chat, it was a simple, quick, "no chance at all" type answer.

Have to agree he has improved massively since then, could do very well at Spurs.

Was one of those cherry on the top moments. As we asked in the glow that only supporters of a team that has battered their closest rival to near death in a cup final could ever understand.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

The video has been wiped off youtube unfortunately. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, JJ93 said:

He was one of a team of loaned in mercenaries Hibs couldn't afford who didn't;t want to be there and it showed in his play and comments. 

We on the other hand had a team full of home grown youngsters with a sprinkling of solid pros and foreign imports. 

I recall he was getting abused mercilessly from Hibs fans regarding the Cup Final in the days after and he simply responded saying he didn't care. :rofl: 

queensferryjambo

Matt Doherty has worked hard and become an excellent player.

Once he left Hibs and after Andy Driver let him out of his back pocket of course ;) 

2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I recall he was getting abused mercilessly from Hibs fans regarding the Cup Final in the days after and he simply responded saying he didn't care. :rofl: 

We should look to offering him a transfer as experienced back up when he’s no longer up to EPL/CL in a few years.

queensferryjambo
9 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

His best line was when he was asked at the end of the interview if he would be back at Hibs next season he looked about and said in the most disrespectful tone - 'no chance' :) 

I might be imagining it, but when he signed on loan for them and was asked about the Edinburgh clubs  did he not say " Everyone knows who Hearts are" or something similar?

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

His best line was when he was asked at the end of the interview if he would be back at Hibs next season he looked about and said in the most disrespectful tone - 'no chance' :) 

That blog was epic. Can't find it on youtube anymore. Think it got pulled. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Some amount of roasters in that place. "Doherty couldn't lace wee Lewy's boots" :laugh2:

Wee Lewy can’t lace his own boots... the boy just screams Velcro.

Edited by Beast Boy

He’s developed into a very good fullback in all fairness.

Was also part of THAT cup final and proceeded to deliver a few good kicks to the ribs while they were already down and hurting badly.

An all round good egg 😁

Good luck Matt :)

5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He's developed into a quality full back. Chips in with a few goals too.

Don’t care if he goes onto play for Real Madrid

He will always be the crappy Hibs full back who had had his arse handed to him by Andy Driver in 2012

The Internet
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Don’t care if he goes onto play for Real Madrid

He will always be the crappy Hibs full back who had had his arse handed to him by Andy Driver in 2012

:indeed:

Driver lucky not to be locked up for the abuse he handed out that day. 

jambo-in-furness

Knowing of his remarks after the cup final I have always looked for him on MOTD and he is now quite a player,  Must admit I think he’s worth a lot more than £1-5m in today’s EPL market.  Happy to repeat 1-5 for all the hobos looking in.