2 New Aussie Signings Arrived!

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown
I thought Dylan McGowan signed for us in January? He's Ryan's brother isn't he?

I think he may have agreed to sign in January or maybe signed provisionally - I saw him watching an U19 game in April and he's a double for his older brother but it looks like he's only officially signed on full time now.

Charlie-Brown
How old are they?

I think they are both just 16 - I'll check the SASI website for more info. :)

colinmaroon

Can I go against type and be the first to post a negative on this thread!!!

It's been an awful day!!!

Thanks!!!

CornhillHearts

He could not get a work permit last year and Hearts were appealing trust it has been resolved.

jamboinglasgow

I'm right in thinking Falzon is a goalie, think we have been a bit short in that area last season and this season with harry (I think) too old for U19's mean we only have Ridgers and Thompson (who will be 14 or 15) for two teams, or am I wrong?

Charlie-Brown
I'm right in thinking Falzon is a goalie, think we have been a bit short in that area last season and this season with harry (I think) too old for U19's mean we only have Ridgers and Thompson (who will be 14 or 15) for two teams, or am I wrong?

Bjornsson will be eligible for the reserves this year or possibly could go out on a loan, Ridgers will probably be the U19 goalie with Falzone in the U17 & a back up for Ridgers and the younger kid still eligible for U15 & U17.

200milesfromgorgie

as my boycot of the first team continues, i am going to follow th u-19's at least they seem to have a team...... i'm no peter file

Toxteth O'Grady
2 SASI* members Dylan McGowan and Matthew Falzon have both signed for Scottish Premier League club Hearts. The pair will transfer in July when the new season commences to begin their professional careers.

*South Australian Sports Institute

http://www.recsport.sa.gov.au/sasi/documents/08%20men's%20football.pdf

Never mind this stuff Charlie, You've got a job to do defending VR on The "Romanov Quotes" thread.:P

Toxteth O'Grady
as my boycot of the first team continues, i am going to follow th u-19's at least they seem to have a team...... i'm no peter file

The under 17's are worth watching too

CornhillHearts

The under 17s should be the team this season with the outstanding under 15s moving up to that grade, a big step mind.

jamboinglasgow
The under 17's are worth watching too

watched a few U19 matches last season and plan to watch alot more this. But U17's interest me though bit unsure whether to go or not.

The under 17s should be the team this season with the outstanding under 15s moving up to that grade, a big step mind.

Can't see it making a difference. Not like they'll get Zaliukas' or Miko's shirt even if they are good enough.

Can't see it making a difference. Not like they'll get Zaliukas' or Miko's shirt even if they are good enough.
Agreed :sad:

jamboinglasgow

aye cos Christophe Berra never gets picked, and neither does Andrew Driver, nor Eggert Josson, nor Callaum Elliot, nor Lee Wallace, nor Jamie Mole, nor Gary Glen, nor does Jamie Thomson. None of these get to play in our team as it is full of Zalikus and Miko.

In fact lets just give up on our youth academy cos we are never going to play good enough players:mad:

aye cos Christophe Berra never gets picked, and neither does Andrew Driver, nor Eggert Josson, nor Callaum Elliot, nor Lee Wallace, nor Jamie Mole, nor Gary Glen, nor does Jamie Thomson. None of these get to play in our team as it is full of Zalikus and Miko.

In fact lets just give up on our youth academy cos we are never going to play good enough players:mad:

hhmmm - how many of those were signed in vlad's youth drive?

oh yeah, none

and do you notice,clubs are looking at Berra,Driver,Wallace etc,i dont see ant clubs looking at Miko or Chez or Zall:mad:

jamboinglasgow
Apart from Clum how many games did the others get and how many did Miko play

Berra (captain) - 35 games

Miko - 14 games (started, 11 subs)

Driver - 23 games

Jonsson - 25 games

Elliot - 14 games started (10 sub)

Wallace - 16 games

Zalikus - 21 games

Thomson - 5 games

Glen - 5 games

Mole - 2 games

Zalikus has played more games then I thought but in terms of miko 4 young players have played more games then him. For Zalikus it is 3.

jamboinglasgow

oh yeah, none

er....eggert Jonsson was signed when Vlad was in charge July 2005. Plus are you only talking about foregin youngsters we have bought? O

er....eggert Jonsson was signed when Vlad was in charge July 2005. Plus are you only talking about foregin youngsters we have bought? O

oh dear, how embarrassing for you

april 2005

romanov not in control then

jamboinglasgow
oh dear, how embarrassing for you

april 2005

romanov not in control then

sorry I was taking my information from the Hearts website which says that he signed in July 2005.

But dont see what you are getting at exactly, players we have bought in foregin wise for the youth system are: Ryan McGowan, Visconte, Park, Rapnik, Copil, Branny, (American player, name escapes me) and now Dylan and Falzon.

Out of those I would consider only Ryan ready to appear in matches and came on as a sub in one game last season.

oh yeah, none

I think you moved the goalposts slightly.

The guy was talking about young players not getting a game because of Zali and Miko, not when they were signed. JiG provided stats to show that was not the case.

I and many others, strongly fancy 2 or 3 of those signed in Vlad's youth drive to break through this season.

Charlie-Brown

Jammy_T has lost the plot on this thread as when does it matter when any of the youth kids were signed as long as they are getting chances and playing however if he'd even thought about it he would realise that Ryan McGowan and Scott Robinson were the obvious answers to his question.

Guest JamboRobbo
Jammy_T has lost the plot on this thread

The irony of yourself saying that to anyone, is not lost on me.

Charlie-Brown

JT has lost the plot in the context of this thread, enjoy your irony! :)

I thought for a second you were going to make a positive contribution to the thread.

Jammy_T has lost the plot on this thread as when does it matter when any of the youth kids were signed as long as they are getting chances and playing however if he'd even thought about it he would realise that Ryan McGowan and Scott Robinson were the obvious answers to his question.

The youth signed by Vlad has gone nowhere - yet

The youth that was already here when Vlad arrived is the only youth that has broken into the first team

As has always been the case in our history - our academy is pretty good at getting guys into the firsts

This has nothing to do with Vlad - it has ay' been.

Vlad is held out as some sort of master of youth strategy. Simply pointing out that as yet, nothing has changed in the firsts on the youth front because of Vlad. This may change in the future but the progress of Kostadinov and Copil so far suggest maybe not

What has changed it that the club website seems to announce 16 year old signings with the fanfare of a new first team signing.

I and many others, strongly fancy 2 or 3 of those signed in Vlad's youth drive to break through this season.

Most of us thought this last season too with Kostadinov and Copil with the firsts pre-season

As I said, things may change, and I'd be delighted if they did.

The reality appears to be, so far, that the fanfare of these youth signings when they happen is a little misplaced

I think starting with John Murray signing a new contract earlier this year we've started to clear the decks a bit in terms of squad numbers and players leaving to enable the youths to progress quicker through the reserves and into the first team squad and I reckon our academy youths will make up the squad numbers next season and don't expect us to make many new signings.

Seymour M Hersh
The youth signed by Vlad has gone nowhere - yet

The youth that was already here when Vlad arrived is the only youth that has broken into the first team

As has always been the case in our history - our academy is pretty good at getting guys into the firsts

This has nothing to do with Vlad - it has ay' been.

Vlad is held out as some sort of master of youth strategy. Simply pointing out that as yet, nothing has changed in the firsts on the youth front because of Vlad. This may change in the future but the progress of Kostadinov and Copil so far suggest maybe not

What has changed it that the club website seems to announce 16 year old signings with the fanfare of a new first team signing.

Can you supply a link? Just looked at the site and saw no mention. Ah but that might not allow you yet another snipe (accuracy doesn't seem to matter) at Romanov. He started the Gulf War you know.:wacko:

Can you supply a link? Just looked at the site and saw no mention. Ah but that might not allow you yet another snipe (accuracy doesn't seem to matter) at Romanov. He started the Gulf War you know.:wacko:

Kostadinov, Copil, Wagner, Rapnik....

You still got your period?

I remember when Tommy Harrison & Padraig Moran (a young irish winger) were signed and hailed as the next Giggs & George Best by the Evening News and also those who ran Hearts marketing and youth set up at the time, not unlike Kostadinov & Copil it was mostly exaggeration but the signing of those kids was a real coup for a club like Hearts as those players were highly sought after by many bigger clubs.

jamboinglasgow

think he means articles like this:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1103553,00.html

and this:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1230241,00.html

however they are just saying we have new players in the youth ranks bought in and has a quote from DM. Nothing quite like he describes.

Some people need to go chill out. Have a bubble bath, smoke a doob or 2, thrash themselves silly, whatever works.

We've signed two new young lads. Guid. End of.

I remember when Tommy Harrison & Padraig Moran (a young irish winger) were signed and hailed as the next Giggs & George Best by the Evening News and also those who ran Hearts marketing and youth set up at the time, not unlike Kostadinov & Copil it was mostly exaggeration but the signing of those kids was a real coup for a club like Hearts as those players were highly sought after by many bigger clubs.

The reality is the signing of all these international starlet youth players is encouraging.

Whether or not it is something to shout about we'll know in about 2 to 5 years

Subject to them being properly coached and managed of course....

Seymour M Hersh
Kostadinov, Copil, Wagner, Rapnik....

You still got your period?

:hobofish::107years:

Seymour M Hersh
think he means articles like this:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1103553,00.html

and this:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1230241,00.html

however they are just saying we have new players in the youth ranks bought in and has a quote from DM. Nothing quite like he describes.

That'll be the communication from the club many desire more of perhaps.;)

Ron Burgundy

A positive thread hijacked by the usual suspects and turned into another Vlad bash fest.

Some folk need a right good shake.

Berra (captain) - 35 games

Miko - 14 games (started, 11 subs)

Driver - 23 games

Jonsson - 25 games

Elliot - 14 games started (10 sub)

Wallace - 16 games

Zalikus - 21 games

Thomson - 5 games

Glen - 5 games

Mole - 2 games

Zalikus has played more games then I thought but in terms of miko 4 young players have played more games then him. For Zalikus it is 3.

Jose Goncalves should probably be on that list

He turns 23 in September (Berra was 23 in January) and was only 20 when he arrived.

Despite coming back from serious injury and never fulfilling the promise he'd shown pre-injury he still managed to start 29 games last season.

jamboinglasgow
Jose Goncalves should probably be on that list

He turns 23 in September (Berra was 23 in January) and was only 20 when he arrived.

Despite coming back from serious injury and never fulfilling the promise he'd shown pre-injury he still managed to start 29 games last season.

I would agree with you however thought if I put him in people would go mad as they dont like Jose. I think he will benefit alot from going to nuremburg as if he can reclaim the form he first showed he would be a great player, staying at hearts wouldn't bring that.

Archived