One Lithuanian I'm sorry we missed out on

CJGJ

STANKEVICIUS MOVES TO SAMP

Sampdoria have snapped up Lithuania defender Marius Stankevicius from Serie B club Brescia for an undisclosed fee.

The 26-year-old fullback comes into the team as a replacement for Christian Maggio and Cristian Zenoni, who departed for Napoli and Bologna respectively earlier this summer.

"I am happy to have this opportunity," said Stankevicius, who has 38 caps for his country. "Sampdoria have made me feel important and now I want to repay the faith they have shown."

Stankevicius also cited the opportunity to play in the UEFA Cup as a key reason for his move.

STANKEVICIUS MOVES TO SAMP

Sampdoria have snapped up Lithuania defender Marius Stankevicius from Serie B club Brescia for an undisclosed fee.

The 26-year-old fullback comes into the team as a replacement for Christian Maggio and Cristian Zenoni, who departed for Napoli and Bologna respectively earlier this summer.

"I am happy to have this opportunity," said Stankevicius, who has 38 caps for his country. "Sampdoria have made me feel important and now I want to repay the faith they have shown."

Stankevicius also cited the opportunity to play in the UEFA Cup as a key reason for his move.

It's 3.5 mln euros acording to the press here. Brescia wanted 4 mln at first.

Ibrahim Tall

Quite a few who are more than good enough, Semberas, Savenas, Stankevicius, Dedura, Danilevicius, Poskus, Karcemarscas(sp?) and even Janny now that he looks like he can be arsed again would all be atleast as good as anything we have imo. Problem is despite the Lithuanian connection we seem to be getting the ones who haven't been able to get a move elsewhere already.

Quite a few who are more than good enough, Semberas, Savenas, Stankevicius, Dedura, Danilevicius, Poskus, Karcemarscas(sp?) and even Janny now that he looks like he can be arsed again would all be atleast as good as anything we have imo. Problem is despite the Lithuanian connection we seem to be getting the ones who haven't been able to get a move elsewhere already.

That's Vlad's superplan though. Bring in promising youngsters like Zalioukas, Kurskis and Pillowbiter an minimum cost and sell them onto Manchester United and Chelsea for huge profits.

It's 3.5 mln euros acording to the press here. Brescia wanted 4 mln at first.

mmm perhaps that is the reason why we 'missed out' on him!:)

I'm sure that we tried to sign Stankevicius in either Jan 2005 or the summer of 2006 but that the Lithuanian international manager advised him not to come to us. The reason he gave was that Hearts were fine for a youngster like Miko or a veteran like Jankauskas but that Stankevicius should be playing his club football in a better league than the SPL.

This was when Miko, Chesney, Jankauskas & Barassa, who'd looked OK in his first couple of games & then got injuried, were our only Lithuanians.

The last I heard Danilevicius was out of favour at his club. Kislas, any chance of shedding any light on his situation as he would be someone I would love to lead our line. Better than Velicka albeit older.

sergent garcia
The last I heard Danilevicius was out of favour at his club. Kislas, any chance of shedding any light on his situation as he would be someone I would love to lead our line. Better than Velicka albeit older.

last season he loaned to seria b debutants grosseto and helped them avoid relegation with 8 goals, but as livorno got relegated the grosseto couldnt keep him. as i know he was co-owned by livorno and bologno and livorno decided to get total control of him, as the season not started yet here is no reason to think he is out of favor with livorno and he is totally different from velicka likes to play from deep but stills scores lots of goals (once was one of top scorers of seria b with avellino) ...

last season he loaned to seria b debutants grosseto and helped them avoid relegation with 8 goals, but as livorno got relegated the grosseto couldnt keep him. as i know he was co-owned by livorno and bologno and livorno decided to get total control of him, as the season not started yet here is no reason to think he is out of favor with livorno and he is totally different from velicka likes to play from deep but stills scores lots of goals (once was one of top scorers of seria b with avellino) ...

Cheers.

He really would be a great signing.

Archived