Vlad to interview one more canditate!!

JamboPete

No Nonsense

Probably Mugabe after his transparent victory over the MDC. Must have impressed another tyrant like Romanov..

The Future's Maroon

Its says to interview at LEAST one more, so that could be four or five new names linked?

I hope Banderson is right about wanting someone in before July 20 - because we really need it sorted out as soon as possible.

Its says to interview at LEAST one more, so that could be four or five new names linked?

I hope Banderson is right about wanting someone in before July 20 - because we really need it sorted out as soon as possible.

How does Banderson know? Nothing attributed to sources from Tynie.

Dr. Bapswent

Oh no, Vlad's actively looking for the best current option, and wants to shop around.

Terrible idea.

Quick hang him.

200milesfromgorgie

i had a missed call on my phone earlier. looks like i've blown my chance.

marshallschunkychicken
Has to be a pyramid stooge.

They've already passed. No need to interview.

I've still got an inkling that we're going to get foisted with the Kaunas manager with Chervenkov as #2.

Dr. Bapswent
Has to be a pyramid stooge.

If its a pyramid stooge, why is he not in place already?

Oh no, Vlad's actively looking for the best current option, and wants to shop around.

Terrible idea.

Quick hang him.

In our 7th month of having no manager, and pre-season having started?

Has it?

Each and every other time since Rix we have been told we are searching high and low for a manager and there are boxes full of CVs and queues of managers on the phone wanting the job...

...have we ended up with anything other than a pyramid stooge?

So the question back to you is - why wont it be?

How can you believe anything that Banderson reports now after his Fireworks Phil article?

Basically admits that nobody knows what is happening at Hearts and that all communication comes through Ukio - so how did he get Vlad's 3 man shortlist then? Did someone at Ukio tell him over the phone??

Appears BAnderson made the shortlist up.

Dr. Bapswent
In our 7th month of having no manager, and pre-season having started?

In case you werent aware, we have been a bit unlucky with our first choices.

So yes, its taken a while.

Doesn't mean he cant be credited with trying to find the right one.

Terrible idea.

Quick hang him.

The best option? He's looking for someone who's willing to co-operate with his bizzarre system.

Only a Game

Terrible idea.

Quick hang him.

We should have had one in place and working at least two weeks ago.

Every day that passes without one and with the coaching team we've got in charge right now is another nail in the coffin for next season IMO.

We_are_the_Hearts
The best option? He's looking for someone who's willing to co-operate with his bizzarre system.

Exactly. Folk on here can try and bend it any way they want but we will never achieve anything like our potential while this nutter wants part of team control. Does he not understand you pick a team on the strengths and weaknesses of your opponents and then a manager will analyse the game and try to influence it as it is happening?????? If it wasn't for this bizarre system we would have got a manager months ago. SHAMBLES.......................

Have we really? Do you really believe that?

All this bad luck, with no culpability at all on the way Romanov has treated managers over the past 3 years.

How unfortunate.

All these other teams that are sooooo unlucky in their manager searches they go 7 months without a head coach.

We are where we are - but it is unnacceptable and hugely incompetent to be here.

ToadKiller Dog

Forgive my thickness but one story from Banderson says "Vlad to interview one more candidate " and anothe he says " LINES of communication with Vladimir Romanov are dead, and have been for some time."

Maybe i am a bit stupid but that does not compute?

Dr. Bapswent
Have we really? Do you really believe that?

All this bad luck, with no culpability at all on the way Romanov has treated managers over the past 3 years.

How unfortunate.

All these other teams that are sooooo unlucky in their manager searches they go 7 months without a head coach.

We are where we are - but it is unnacceptable and hugely incompetent to be here.

Do you have proof of this? genuine proof.

other than, it happened before and look at way he has done things in the past.

Because thats not proof.

Because thats not proof.

I reckon everyone who went to the interviews went with a fresh mind, focusing on what Romanov was going do and offer in present time and not worry about the past. That is where I think the problem started. He hasn't changed his terms and therefore at least three of the candidates rejected it. All in my opinion of course, but I think it makes sense.

Forgive my thickness but one story from Banderson says "Vlad to interview one more candidate " and anothe he says " LINES of communication with Vladimir Romanov are dead, and have been for some time."

Maybe i am a bit stupid but that does not compute?

Makes you wonder exactly where Banderson got his 3 man shortlist exclusive from eh?

At least we've now been given a definite timescale on this - dunno how the EEN know though? Would be good if someone at Hearts is finally informing the press about this.

Only a Game
At least we've now been given a definite timescale on this - dunno how the EEN know though? Would be good if someone at Hearts is finally informing the press about this.

Yeh and we've got a great record where timesscales have been concerned

Because thats not proof.

Depends what test you would seek to apply to the burden of proof. Pyschological or criminal or civil !!!

Dr. Bapswent
Depends what test you would seek to apply to the burden of proof. Pyschological or criminal or civil !!!

Actual will do.

Actual will do.

We werent unlucky with Ruber. He confirmed that Vlads methods were not compatible with his as a football coach.

Circumstantial proof - which counts fine - with McGhee is that he chose to stay in a job paying less than he was offered here. Having worked in Scotland for the last year and being well connected to the general Scottish establishment, it is fairly safe to say we were not unlucky that McGhee turned us down. It is safe to say that concerns of whether or not he could work under Romanovs regime were integral to his decision

I dont know much about Weiss as I was on holiday. IMO we were lucky not to get him but thats by the by.

OK

Your turn

Prove we we have been unlucky

Old Hearts

Let's face it, the standard & calibre of manager/coach being interviewed are simply NOT up to the standard required for HMFC.

It is beyond a joke now .... Sod off Romanov & give us our once proud club back!!

Wake up!

Unlucky nobody is stupid enough to become manager?

The job is the biggest joke in British football if not the world.

In the light of the Phil Anderton interview today, and with particular regard to the points about how VR dominates any discussion - how do we think someone would impress Vlad in an interview (over 8 days)?

Put on your best Mad Max stare into Vlad's eyes as Rix did?:eek:

In the light of the Phil Anderton interview today, and with particular regard to the points about how VR dominates any discussion - how do we think someone would impress Vlad in an interview (over 8 days)?

Put on your best Mad Max stare into Vlad's eyes as Rix did?:eek:

Easy

VR: How would you pick the team?

However you tell me to.

VR: Who would you sign?

The cream of Ripo and Kaunas

VR: Can you work a fax machine?

Yes

Congratulations, you are the new HMFC manager.

Dr. Bapswent
We werent unlucky with Ruber. He confirmed that Vlads methods were not compatible with his as a football coach.

Circumstantial proof - which counts fine - with McGhee is that he chose to stay in a job paying less than he was offered here. Having worked in Scotland for the last year and being well connected to the general Scottish establishment, it is fairly safe to say we were not unlucky that McGhee turned us down. It is safe to say that concerns of whether or not he could work under Romanovs regime were integral to his decision

I dont know much about Weiss as I was on holiday. IMO we were lucky not to get him but thats by the by.

OK

Your turn

Prove we we have been unlucky

MM went back to Motherwell - after a call from Boyle, and nobody really knows why. he was on his way to meet Vlad, so therefore had not already decided to say no. it was Boyle who changed his mind, not Vlad.

Weiss, knew he was in the running for the Slovakian job, which he preferred, and therefore said no to Vlad. Thats understandable.

Rober has a decent pedigree, and can get a better job than Hearts. He was under no pressure to take it, and chose not too.

All 3 have heaped praise on Vlad, all 3 could have come out and said, 'Jeez, that guys a nutjob' with no repercussions.

MM went back to Motherwell - after a call from Boyle, and nobody really knows why. he was on his way to meet Vlad, so therefore had not already decided to say no. it was Boyle who changed his mind, not Vlad.

Weiss, knew he was in the running for the Slovakian job, which he preferred, and therefore said no to Vlad. Thats understandable.

Rober has a decent pedigree, and can get a better job than Hearts. He was under no pressure to take it, and chose not too.

All 3 have heaped praise on Vlad, all 3 could have come out and said, 'Jeez, that guys a nutjob' with no repercussions.

Excuse my stupidity Doc, but i really dont see whats "unlucky" about any of that??

Bottom line is that all three were "interviewed" and all three chose not to come to Hearts.

The Old Tolbooth

We haven't been unlucky, we've been treated how any manager with a sensible mind of his own would treat Vlad.

I honestly don't think we can put bad luck down to anything at all with any of these so called appointments, when we have such a bampot running us.

Dr. Bapswent
Excuse my stupidity Doc, but i really dont see whats "unlucky" about any of that??

Bottom line is that all three were "interviewed" and all three chose not to come to Hearts.

Unlucky in the sense that had other things not conspired, they all had a good chance of saying yes.

Boyle, Slovakia

the only exception is Rober, who said no, but he is probably a little to high to aim for.

MM went back to Motherwell - after a call from Boyle, and nobody really knows why. he was on his way to meet Vlad, so therefore had not already decided to say no. it was Boyle who changed his mind, not Vlad. How do you know it was Boyle that changed his mind?

Weiss, knew he was in the running for the Slovakian job, which he preferred, and therefore said no to Vlad. how do you know that he preferred the Slovakian job and it wasnt down to Vlad - he sounded pretty keen when first interviewedThats understandable.

Rober has a decent pedigree, and can get a better job than Hearts. He was under no pressure to take it, and chose not too. He said he was interested but he couldnt work with Vlads methods - thats a lot clearer proof than your chat here

All 3 have heaped praise on Vlad, all 3 could have come out and said, 'Jeez, that guys a nutjob' with no repercussions. Vlad speaks a good game when courting people - do you remember? Once he has you in his grasp then he turns into a w(a)nk-stain

A fair amount of supposition but not really any proof there though....

Unlucky in the sense that had other things not conspired, they all had a good chance of saying yes.

Boyle, Slovakia

the only exception is Rober, who said no, but he is probably a little to high to aim for.

If Rober thought he was too good for the Hearts job, why did he even bother attending an interview / chat / informal discussion about the position??

And the fact that Boyle made less wages at a smaller club more appealing to MM than RR made the Hearts job kinda proves the point - this isn't about luck any more.

That's one way of putting it.

I think it's fairer top say that we've been a bit unlucky in our choice of owner when it came to getting a decent new manager.

Dr. Bapswent
If Rober thought he was too good for the Hearts job, why did he even bother attending an interview / chat / informal discussion about the position??

And the fact that Boyle made less wages at a smaller club more appealing to MM than RR made the Hearts job kinda proves the point - this isn't about luck any more.

I never said Rober thought he was too good.

He just is good, and can keep his options open as he is likely to get another decent job.

Too high to aim for = too good, no?

bighalders

Terrible idea.

Quick hang him.

There is no evidence to suggest that Vlad is looking for the best option, apart from McGhee no other candidate given to the public meets the 1st Jan statement

Dr. Bapswent
Too high to aim for = too good, no?

Ill say it again,

I never said he thought he was too good.

Ill say it again,

I never said he thought he was too good.

So who DOES think he's too good then? Hearts? Vlad?

So now we dont want to appoint someone cos they are too good?!!?

Hmmmm, come on doc, you know that makes no sense!!

Dr. Bapswent
So who DOES think he's too good then? Hearts? Vlad?

So now we dont want to appoint someone cos they are too good?!!?

Hmmmm, come on doc, you know that makes no sense!!

Your right.

your posts have made no sense, stemming from the fact you have completely failed to understand what i said in the first place.

So, once more. Just for you.

Rober is a good coach - good experience, he'll have no trouble getting another job. He does not need the Hearts job, ergo - if its not perfectly suited to him, he doesn't have to take it. this would not necessarily indicate a huge clash between him and Romanov. Such as him not thinking the Lithuanian pyramid of the scheme was not up to scratch.

He chose not to take it, because such an issue arose.

The assertion that he is a good coach and probably too good for Hearts currently comes from me, and and assessment of his track record.

OK.

Archived