“Good enough for the Championship”

Diadora Van Basten

maroonlegions

And so it begins.  

The thread for the interlopers.

Matter of time until its reeking.

FTH.

David Black

The squad we have should go through the entire season undefeated in this league. We are head and shoulders above the rest put together. The other 9 clubs couldn't put a select team against us that had the same quality.

Just now, David Black said:

The squad we have should go through the entire season undefeated in this league. We are head and shoulders above the rest put together. The other 9 clubs couldn't put a select team against us that had the same quality.

Could say that about last season as well. 

The players we had should've been nowhere near relegation.

We SHOULD be far too good for the Championship but football is a funny game and if we get off to a sticky start things could start to become difficult.

Every team in that league will be approaching games against us like a cup final, we have to be mentally prepared for it.

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If we don’t get promoted this year it will be down to these five words.

If we dont get promoted it will be down to the spfl and covid.

If you think Hearts wont win the Championship this season then youre supporting the wrong team. 

kingantti1874

What utter nonsense.. with Gordon in an Haring back we are massively stronger than last season. Berra has proven that he is more than able to deal with the championship, in fact - last season was the best defender in it bar none.. 

27 games? We will win the championship by 20 points - it will be all over by feb

Edited by kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I've said it since day one, we'll SKOOSH it.

Correct. We should be building a tea, for beyond next season though. 

Just remember what the rangers fans where like when we where in the championship the the last time. They where giving it big they will have the league sewn up by January came back to bite them we won it they stayed down 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Agree with that.

It's an easy sell to convince players to come and right the wrongs that have been committed against us by fellow teams and build a seige mentality but it'll be a lot harder getting players to effectively sacrifice a year of their short careers in a truncated championship.

It'll be hard.

51 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Don’t talk absolute fecking shite. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

:spoton:Get the Yorkshire lads signed. 

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

T-oolong have we hesitated. No team should be a matcha for us.

Building a team in a league nobody really wants to play in is a tough ask. My biggest ask/demand of Robbie is to really push the kids on this season. If we can go up with the likes of Cochrane, Irving, McDonald, Moore and Morrison all playing full seasons and the likes of Hamilton and Smith making a decent chunk of appearances too then I'd say it puts Neilson in the best possible situation for the following summer. I absolutely do not want to see us returning to signing a new team every summer. Its not an effective strategy as we've saw first hand. Aim for continuity as much as possible. 

Gordon, Naismith, Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Boyce and Haring gives us a very established experienced core which shouldn't be needing changed for at least 2 seasons. Add in all the kids and you have about 12/13 players who we should be looking to build our squad around. Yes, make additions, but we cannot be making, 7,8,9+ changes. Continuity. Do our best to keep the group together and try to build with the future in mind. 

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well said, darjeeling.

😀 no **** ever picks me up on typos while I’ve still got time to edit. 

Edited by GinRummy

Willie Hamilton genius
Just now, weehammy said:

The squad that had us bottom of a shit league at the lockdown and was unable to beat dross like Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren, St Johnstone.

Yes, we should have no challengers in the Championship but I doubt we’ll be horsing teams every week, unless that under-achieving squad is changed and supplemented.

Exactly. On paper that squad should have been nowhere near bottom 6, but in reality they were woeful.

Robbie will improve us, and the opposition is not as strong as last time we were in Championship.

Yes, we SHOULD slosh it, but talk of unbeaten all season, done by February etc worries me our fans are too blasé about it. I too, think we have some good players, but we don't want to be as arrogant as the Huns were before.

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:Get the Yorkshire lads signed. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It’s in the bag. 

😂😂😂😂😂 i give up

Edited by GinRummy

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

😂😩🙄😎

so many emotions and not enough emojis 

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

😂😩🙄😎

so many emotions and not enough emojis 

💩 Does this help.  👍

David Black
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Could say that about last season as well. 

The players we had should've been nowhere near relegation.

We SHOULD be far too good for the Championship but football is a funny game and if we get off to a sticky start things could start to become difficult.

Every team in that league will be approaching games against us like a cup final, we have to be mentally prepared for it.

The reason we have been so bad is because we were mentally and physically weak and unfit. Add to that awful style of football which a blind man could see the players did not enjoy. By the time DS came in the players confidence was shot to pieces and also having to adapt to a style the complete opposite to the previous seasons. Put all that together and it turned into the disaster it did. We are now clearing many from the squad (20?) will bring in 2 or 3 at the very most, new coaches , fitter players , hopefully Haring and Souter back, so yes I would put as much pressure on these players as possible to handle, as you say , these cup finals every week.  

Ainsley Harriott

I agree we will win the league comfortably but I also think we shouldn't settle for championship players. We should use the next 12 months to build a team capable of top 4 on our return. We have the 3rd biggest support in scotland plus 150k per month in fan donations we should still be attracting spl players.

Jambof3tornado

The task in hand is to get promoted. We must focus on that. If as a side project we can develop youngsters on the way then great. When we get back up the extra income means we can rebuild again and for the long term.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Would like to believe I'm as fervent Hearts as they come and also balanced. 

Totally agree with OP really is now time to look for better and show the correct level of ambition. 

That is being a regular top 4 club over a decade, with maybe a couple of excellent ones and a couple of bang average. 

The 3rd biggest club in Scotland should never accept "good enough for the championship "

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I agree we will win the league comfortably but I also think we shouldn't settle for championship players. We should use the next 12 months to build a team capable of top 4 on our return. We have the 3rd biggest support in scotland plus 150k per month in fan donations we should still be attracting spl players.

Post should end this thread. 

The solution 

I'm hopeful we will get straight back up, not quite as confident as some others on this thread, I expect it to be a battle, just hope we have the players willing to take the fight to opponents and rise to expectations. 

alwaysthereinspirit
40 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

💩 Does this help.  👍

2 months away and the drama queen, big wooden stick stirrers are out already. I thought They’d at least wait until a player broke down in training.

gashauskis9

Rather have a championship squad capable of winning the championship than a premiership squad not capable of staying in the Premiership.    We can deal with what we need for the Premiership next season.  

I'd rather we get the best we can afford and will come to us in the championship and then grow it organically in to the premiership, supplementing what we have built and the youngsters coming through with better players who are then willing to come to us in the premiership. I don't want us doing a rangers and paying players money they don't deserve just so we can have them in the championship. it would be spending money we don't need to at a time when we should be watching the budget. we have been screwed royally and have a massive loss in money this season. people saying we should be building a team for top 4 in the premiership, while we're in a truncated cesspit of a championship with a huge drop in money is just mental. 

yes, get the best we can afford, use the players we still have contracted and aren't leaving as well as a decent crop of youngsters, mould them in to a good, hard working team, and then supplement it with better when we are promoted and can properly afford it!

1 hour ago, David Black said:

This the quality that had us bottom of the league aye? To suggest we’re going undefeated suggests you’ve not seen us play in the last two seasons.

This squad have been shite for years now, I don't see any reason to believe they are going to skoosh anything. I would rather have average players with a good attitude than good players with a shite attitude.

Why would this bunch who slept walked us in to last place suddenly be winners ?

Just now, jambopilms said:

This squad have been shite for years now, I don't see any reason to believe they are going to skoosh anything. I would rather have average players with a good attitude than good players with a shite attitude.

Why would this bunch who slept walked us in to last place suddenly be winners ?

Man for man, player by player, the squad is NOT shite. As a collective it’s attitude has been shite. Very good individual players have also not had the right attitude. The coaching and tactics have been archaic, disjointed and ever changing. Some players train only when they fancy it and it fits in. The injuries have been horrendous, especially muscle injuries which to me points the finger at the overall fitness levels. The youth players are reaching a level and not progressing beyond it. Some of the signings and contracts have been ludicrous. Pace, width and goalkeeping has been an issue for nearly 3 years. Coaching and manager appointments have been repeatedly proved to be the wrong choice.

Loads of issues if we were a premiership club, not so many as a championship club and a full year to put it right.

I’m not sure we will go through the championship unbeaten but I’d be astonished and very concerned if we don’t win it by at least 12 points.

David Black
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This the quality that had us bottom of the league aye? To suggest we’re going undefeated suggests you’ve not seen us play in the last two seasons.

Regrettably I have seen them play almost every home game. The quality was not the problem it was the mental and physical strength that let them down. Players must be a the peak of physical condition to enable them to show their quality. They were never remotely at their physical peak.  Also the style of play was horrendous, the players clearly hadn't a clue as to their role and then their confidence was shot to pieces. Don't get me wrong I am not defending them one bit, but to deny we have far more quality than any of the rest is way off. Sort out the fitness and the attitude, get the players understanding their role and the quality will show through. I'm not saying we are never going to struggle in some games, but non the less our squad is way better than anything in this league.

David Black
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Man for man, player by player, the squad is NOT shite. As a collective it’s attitude has been shite. Very good individual players have also not had the right attitude. The coaching and tactics have been archaic, disjointed and ever changing. Some players train only when they fancy it and it fits in. The injuries have been horrendous, especially muscle injuries which to me points the finger at the overall fitness levels. The youth players are reaching a level and not progressing beyond it. Some of the signings and contracts have been ludicrous. Pace, width and goalkeeping has been an issue for nearly 3 years. Coaching and manager appointments have been repeatedly proved to be the wrong choice.

Loads of issues if we were a premiership club, not so many as a championship club and a full year to put it right.

I’m not sure we will go through the championship unbeaten but I’d be astonished and very concerned if we don’t win it by at least 12 points.

Totally agree.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

You build a team for the league you're in not the league you plan to be in in a years time. There's no doubt we'll sign players we think will also be suitable for the Premiership (or that we can develop)  if they come along and we can afford them but we'll also sign players to do a job this season. In any case there's not a lot of transfer activity anywhere. The Premiership could very easily be paused in a couple of weeks. It's very much a case for everyone of getting through this season.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Kind of agree. 

Many times we were playing OK and if not the far better side, we were in control then boom we were a Goal down, sometumes two. 

JP and Damour stick out, and every time we ****ed up the other team scored, normally if a midfielder ****s up, a defender might bail you out, if a defender ****s up, the keeper does you a turn. 

Not us, it was like a house of cards. 

Happened too often, many times a set piece or a Individual mistake. 

We weren't often out played and many games were 50/50 but we fell on the wrong side so often that we won only 4 games. 

We lost as many games as several well above us but drew far too many, the law of averages said we should have won a few more but we never. 

Tactics for Playing us last season.... 

Let them have the ball, let them have their half chances, don't worry they'll **** up and we'll score 1 or 2 without breaking a sweat. 

They'll need to score 3or  4 to win. 

It was surreal at times, too often it was aye we layed quite well, our keeper never made a save, but we conceded 2 or 3 and never won. 

Stendel changed that to the point were we looked like winning but his high line, zonal marking and the JP issues meant the mistakes continued, although we looked more dangerous in general, I felt we could easily win a game 4-0 or get get beat 4-0- against anyone. 

Edited by Smith's right boot