Future stars from our Academy

thewanderer

thewanderer

A lot has been said of Chris Hamilton, is he the next big thing for us? Who else should we be looking out for this season?

Byyy The Light

Unfortunately I fear he’ll never realise his potential due to his height. Needs to find a new position.

I think Irving and McDonald will become regulars. 

Famous 1874

Hopefully we see more of McDonald. Leo Watson is highly rated I believe.

FF will have the best knowledge. Hopefully he can mention a few names 

52 minutes ago, thewanderer said:

A lot has been said of Chris Hamilton, is he the next big thing for us? Who else should we be looking out for this season?

Any younger players promoted to the first team will be the one's to look out for I will say.   It's then up to them to prove or show they are future stars or future wasters.

No pressure on anyone now :) 

Hopefully if they struggle but put the work in, they will get better guidance this time round.   I would like to see all of them make it but it's going to be hard knocking the seniors out the team.  I would say the wing areas are the positions with the most probable rotation, so players like Moore, McDonald, Hendo should be on the thoughts.  The 5 sub rule might help get a few some game time in other positions but it doesn't guarantee it.

jamboinglasgow
26 minutes ago, Michael25 said:

leo watson i would say is decent

If rumours are true that we are looking to move on Garuccio and White as well as selling Hickey, I can see us bringing a new left back (Kingsley being the one mentioned) and Watson being the back up left back.

Though a couple of things about youth/reserves I am intrigued by. First of all, not seen anything that the reserves and U18s are back in training, I could see with no leagues at the moment for those teams that we leave them on furlough till then but just curious to see if that is the case. Secondly, I started a thread about this a few months back, any word about the new youth players signing pro contracts? Does anyone know if we are keeping on players or if due to budget constraints we are not?

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If rumours are true that we are looking to move on Garuccio and White as well as selling Hickey, I can see us bringing a new left back (Kingsley being the one mentioned) and Watson being the back up left back.

Though a couple of things about youth/reserves I am intrigued by. First of all, not seen anything that the reserves and U18s are back in training, I could see with no leagues at the moment for those teams that we leave them on furlough till then but just curious to see if that is the case. Secondly, I started a thread about this a few months back, any word about the new youth players signing pro contracts? Does anyone know if we are keeping on players or if due to budget constraints we are not?

Am I right in saying that Kingsley has a bit of an injury record? Could be a good set up, Watson has a pretty solid chance of getting his shot should anything happen to Kingsley assuming we do manage to sign him. 

Was it Dean Ritchie who joined Airdrie recently that said something to the effect of not seeing a path to the first team. Obviously, this could simply just be a case of him not being good enough, which happens and will always happen (i hope the lad bounces back) but its something we should really be conscious of. The kids are where the value is. If we can get a few things right at the same time in terms of senior players and having a few decent youngsters coming through around the same time then we could very well be in with a shout for silverware. 

I’d imagine Watson will replace Hickey as the next up and coming youngster. Reckon Irving, Cochrane and McDonald could be important this season.

Unknown user
7 hours ago, thewanderer said:

I'm hoping to see Connor Smith break through, I think he looks a bit tasty.

2 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Please drop the Cochrane chat, it’s never going to happen for him.

the Cochrane that dominated Scott Brown makes it at Hearts. If he can consistently play to that level he will make it. Big if though b

Finlay James

Watson has a chance and Hickey leaving will increase this.

Connor Smith will hopefully break through and become a regular this season.  I'd love to see him McDonald and Irving in the same team as they are fearless.

Scott McGill is a clever wee player and I understand Stendel really rated him.  He may get some opportunities this season.

Leroy Makovora may also force himself into the squad.

David McCaig
6 hours ago, OTT said:

Am I right in saying that Kingsley has a bit of an injury record? Could be a good set up, Watson has a pretty solid chance of getting his shot should anything happen to Kingsley assuming we do manage to sign him. 

Was it Dean Ritchie who joined Airdrie recently that said something to the effect of not seeing a path to the first team. Obviously, this could simply just be a case of him not being good enough, which happens and will always happen (i hope the lad bounces back) but its something we should really be conscious of. The kids are where the value is. If we can get a few things right at the same time in terms of senior players and having a few decent youngsters coming through around the same time then we could very well be in with a shout for silverware. 

Dean Ritchie is the same age as Harry Cochrane and Andy Irving.

There is clearly a pathway for those who are good enough...Dean Ritchie wasn't good enough.

To be fair to Dean, the Daily Record headline didn't really reflect what he said as he certainly didn't seem to be making any jibes.

copa-mundial

With Craig Gordon back, and hopefully a coaching role after his contracts done. 

I'd like to think it'll be Harry Stone. A lot of promise being put out. Would be great to have a good young keeper. 

Football First is the guy to ask. 

3 hours ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

The laddie is only 19 ffs. Plenty of time left to develop 

Irving is a real prospect, albeit this is an impimportant season for him to really kick on.

last season he had close to the most forward passes to hit the target not just for hearts but for the whole spfl.

He has the potential to develop into a linchpin of our team.

Diadora Van Basten

I used to really like Sean Ward when he played for Tynie. I think we missed a trick not signing his teammates John Robertson who is in St Johnstone’s plans and Alassan Jones Who is at Dundee United. 

Sean is a skillful pacey winger with a good engine who creates and scores goals. I have heard we are trying to turn him into a full back which would be a mistake in my opinion.

John Robertson is a Striker who scored 130 goals for Tynecastle in a season. Callum Davidson has said he has impressed in pre season.

4 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

With Craig Gordon back, and hopefully a coaching role after his contracts done. 

I'd like to think it'll be Harry Stone. A lot of promise being put out. Would be great to have a good young keeper. 

Football First is the guy to ask. 

This for me.

Harry Stone has huge potential. I'd like to see him as number 2 to Gordon, with Doyle and Zlamal punted.

Abiola Dauda

I was at a Cowdenbeath game (dont ask) against Edinburgh City when Smith and Hamilton were there.  Obviously a low standard but I was very impressed with both. Smith was Cowdenbeath's main/only attacking threat and Hamilton absolutely strolled it. 

Chris is absolutely tiny. Anyone that has met him (or Morgaro Gomis for that matter) will see that footballer's heights are exaggerated. Both have an official height of 5'8 but neither is taller than 5'6 at the absolute most. 

I spoke to Gary Bollan and he rated Hamilton over Smith but also said he would not be surprised if he ends up as a DM and that his attributes are more suited to that position.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I was at a Cowdenbeath game (dont ask) against Edinburgh City when Smith and Hamilton were there.  Obviously a low standard but I was very impressed with both. Smith was Cowdenbeath's main/only attacking threat and Hamilton absolutely strolled it. 

Chris is absolutely tiny. Anyone that has met him (or Morgaro Gomis for that matter) will see that footballer's heights are exaggerated. Both have an official height of 5'8 but neither is taller than 5'6 at the absolute most. 

I spoke to Gary Bollan and he rated Hamilton over Smith but also said he would not be surprised if he ends up as a DM and that his attributes are more suited to that position.

That’s where I would play him

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Do you have some sort of mystic powers to see into the future? I seriously doubt it. Maybe Vlad did more damage with that punch than first feared.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Footballfirst

Best prospects (IMO) in each age group are:

2002 - Connor Smith (Aaron Hickey already established)

2003 - Harry Stone, Leo Watson

2004 - Callum Flatman

2005 - Callum Hambrook, Greig Allen, Macauley Tait

jambocall51
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2004 - Callum Flatman

Stone was born in 02z 

TyphoonJambo
18 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

Stone was born in 02z 

As in down under? 

Arron Darge looks a decent centre half.  CH's are usually late to make it into a team due to physicality and as he is only 17, I dont expect to see him in the 1st team for a while, but bear this in mind for 2023/24......

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

What position does Flatman play etc?

I think he’s a central defender in the Berra mould (hope I’m not getting mixed up with Watson here). Hopefully he doesn’t go. I believe Robbie spoke to him. Being honest and not biased, he’s better trying to make the first team at hearts.

40 minutes ago, poggs said:

Arron Darge looks a decent centre half.  CH's are usually late to make it into a team due to physicality and as he is only 17, I dont expect to see him in the 1st team for a while, but bear this in mind for 2023/24......

Recommended him a few times before Hearts eventually signed him 😄

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

2 players excite me Irving and Connor Smith.

Henderson,Moore etc meh.

Irving has genuine class. I don't think he has played much, if at all, with Peter Haring in the team.  They would make a great combination imo. 

Leveins Battalion
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

2004 - Callum Flatman

Used to work with Macauleys old man big Tattie is a big Jambo.

5 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I think he’s a central defender in the Berra mould (hope I’m not getting mixed up with Watson here). Hopefully he doesn’t go. I believe Robbie spoke to him. Being honest and not biased, he’s better trying to make the first team at hearts.

Thanks.

On 07/08/2020 at 23:22, Byyy The Light said:

Unfortunately I fear he’ll never realise his potential due to his height. Needs to find a new position.

I think Irving and McDonald will become regulars. 

I think he could slot into a holding midfield role

19 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I believe West Ham (I think) trying to sign Flatman.

Damn. Always feel a bit deflated when promising youngsters leave without making a first team appearance. 

On 08/08/2020 at 06:33, Smithee said:

I'm hoping to see Connor Smith break through, I think he looks a bit tasty.

Tasty? 🤔🤔🤔

Have seen him play on several occasions, and been very impressed. Certainly very aware of his surroundings on the park and has a real dig in his play as well as being quite cultured. Also watched a couple of games where Chris Hamilton played as a sweeper. Very composed and displayed an excellent repertoire of passing. A really good pace to his game and reminded me a lot of Don Masson in his heyday. I acknowledge that each one of us has their own opinions of players, and these are my contributions

Footballfirst

It will be interesting to see if any of the kids actually give up the game after the extended break. It's a lot of development time lost particularly for the younger ones.

23 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

This for me.

Harry Stone has huge potential. I'd like to see him as number 2 to Gordon, with Doyle and Zlamal punted.

👍👍👍

26 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Paton doing well at Ross Co and Doig at Hibs, good time to bed them in no crowds to get on their backs.

We should have kept both

32 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Paton doing well at Ross Co and Doig at Hibs, good time to bed them in no crowds to get on their backs.

Good point. Sometimes our youngsters wilt under the weight of expectation from the fans. This would be a good time to bring a few in and let them settle.