Jump to content
Hairdryer

Welly boots

Recommended Posts

Hairdryer

My feet got soaked today anyone got any recommendations on what are the best welly boots to buy 

thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

My feet got soaked today anyone got any recommendations on what are the best welly boots to buy 

thanks in advance 

I've tried every type of wellies under the sun over the years, I wear Goodyear Stream now, I wear Alrberg Boots 90% of the time, 50 quid for neoprene lined wellies with and adjustable calf strap, great value and a 3rd of the price of the continental counterparts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hairdryer
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've tried every type of wellies under the sun over the years, I wear Goodyear Stream now, I wear Alrberg Boots 90% of the time, 50 quid for neoprene lined wellies with and adjustable calf strap, great value and a 3rd of the price of the continental counterparts.

Thanks can you please recommend anywhere to buy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
Salad Fingers

The ones with the wee frogs eyes on them. Served me well through primary's 1-3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

The ones with the wee frogs eyes on them. Served me well through primary's 1-3. 

I can't get a pair in size 11. I'd love to turn up at a job with some of the pretentious wankers that I have to deal with some of the time with a pair of them on, or the Bob the Builder ones with the wee flashing lights on the side like my son had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Got mine from Barbour in Frederick St, just off Princess St.


https://www.barbour.com/uk/mens/footwear/wellingtons

Along with Hunter wellies, which used to be great boots, they're no classed as a "Fashion Boot". I was going to buy my son a pair last year, I was told at the shop that they're really designed for Glastonbury and when they split, if they've been dirty you'll not get a refund!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan

Remember to cut the string holding the boots together, otherwise you’ll fall over and do yourself a mischief.

 

And mind, the one with L goes on the left foot and the one with R goes on ...

 

Och, I’ll leave that for you to work out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Remember to cut the string holding the boots together, otherwise you’ll fall over and do yourself a mischief.

 

And mind, the one with L goes on the left foot and the one with R goes on ...

 

Och, I’ll leave that for you to work out..

logo-jimmy-cricket.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta


I’d rather risk the wet feet 😊image.thumb.jpeg.20ead6943ff125482aca5010deaceead.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've tried every type of wellies under the sun over the years, I wear Goodyear Stream now, I wear Alrberg Boots 90% of the time, 50 quid for neoprene lined wellies with and adjustable calf strap, great value and a 3rd of the price of the continental counterparts.

 

Is that an autocorrect typo or another type of boot?

 

The Goodyears - how big does the calf go to, d'you know? I'm fairly chunky in the calf department and have difficulty finding suitable wellies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
Just now, Boof said:

 

Is that an autocorrect typo or another type of boot?

 

The Goodyears - how big does the calf go to, d'you know? I'm fairly chunky in the calf department and have difficulty finding suitable wellies.

Sorry, my Gorilla thumbs strike again!!! 

Altberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
conn artist

Aigle. French brand, look great, comfy. Sell them in decathlon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady
Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Boof said:

 

 

 

The Goodyears - how big does the calf go to, d'you know? I'm fairly chunky in the calf department and have difficulty finding suitable wellies.

I've got big calfs too Boof, 17.5 inch, they fit me fine, large calf fitting is the first thing I look at. I'm on my second pair of streams and will get anther pair.

The best wellies for the money out there imo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Sorry, my Gorilla thumbs strike again!!! 

Altberg.

 

Aha! Altberg lace-up boots for the 90% and Goodyears when you need wellies?

 

Yoinks - just checked...19.5" circumference. That boot still sufficient?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Boof said:

 

Aha! Altberg lace-up boots for the 90% and Goodyears when you need wellies?

 

Yoinks - just checked...19.5" circumference. That boot still sufficient?

Yes and yes!!

I have mine about 50% tightened and there's room left on mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin

Big calfed wankers. 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Big calfed wankers. 😡

🤣🤣 Calfs like a Heron I presume??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣 Calfs like a Heron I presume??!!

 

Like a couple of lengths of garden hose propping up a beanbag.

 

In a kilt I actually look like I'm levitating.

 

:(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

This thread has just made me measure my calves. 
I feel inadequate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Like a couple of lengths of garden hose propping up a beanbag.

 

In a kilt I actually look like I'm levitating.

 

:(

 

🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
Just now, Tazio said:

This thread has just made me measure my calves. 
I feel inadequate. 

I can barely find Gaiters to fit my calves, there's only a couple of makes I can buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I can barely find Gaiters to fit my calves, there's only a couple of makes I can buy.

I had decent legs until I started long distance running as a teenager and all my leg diameter vanished. Even with working in a job where I’m on my feet most of the day and a hefty cycling regime they stay skinny. Solid muscle though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I had decent legs until I started long distance running as a teenager and all my leg diameter vanished. Even with working in a job where I’m on my feet most of the day and a hefty cycling regime they stay skinny. Solid muscle though. 

 

I had decent legs until I started going to all night raves as a teeneger and all my leg diameter vanished.

 

😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I had decent legs until I started long distance running as a teenager and all my leg diameter vanished. Even with working in a job where I’m on my feet most of the day and a hefty cycling regime they stay skinny. Solid muscle though. 

I carry a stone on two too much these days, but years of working on hills have got my calves solid, when I've lost weight in the past my claves haven't shrunk more than a half inch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Remember to cut the string holding the boots together, otherwise you’ll fall over and do yourself a mischief.

 

And mind, the one with L goes on the left foot and the one with R goes on ...

 

Och, I’ll leave that for you to work out..

Reminds me of the old joke -

 

Paddy - How will I know which boot to put on which foot ?

 

Mick - Well, there's a label on each one. L for the left one, and R for the right one.

 

Paddy - Jeezuz, thats bloody brilliant, so it is.    Ach....that'll be why the wife's knickers have C&A on them  (*)

 

☺️

(*)   .... for viewers who remember long-departed department stores in Princes Street.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Reminds me of the old joke -

 

Paddy - How will I know which boot to put on which foot ?

 

Mick - Well, there's a label on each one. L for the left one, and R for the right one.

 

Paddy - Jeezuz, thats bloody brilliant, so it is.    Ach....that'll be why the wife's knickers have C&A on them  (*)

 

☺️

(*)   .... for viewers who remember long-departed department stores in Princes Street.

 

 

 

 

That is an old one!! Made me giggle though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Reminds me of the old joke -

 

Paddy - How will I know which boot to put on which foot ?

 

Mick - Well, there's a label on each one. L for the left one, and R for the right one.

 

Paddy - Jeezuz, thats bloody brilliant, so it is.    Ach....that'll be why the wife's knickers have C&A on them  (*)

 

☺️

(*)   .... for viewers who remember long-departed department stores in Princes Street.

 

 

 

 

A new twist on the name of the shop!

 

My dad used to call it ‘Cheap and Awful’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan

A thread about wellies is now a male ‘I’ve got the best/worst legs’ competition.  :rofl: 

 

ps.  I win..  

 

:greggy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Like a couple of lengths of garden hose propping up a beanbag.

 

In a kilt I actually look like I'm levitating.

 

:(

 

 

I've only worn a kilt outfit once but not a chance could I keep those bloody laces tied and up around my calves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
Just now, Morgan said:

A thread about wellies is now a male ‘I’ve got the best/worst legs’ competition.  :rofl: 

 

ps.  I win..  

 

:greggy:

 

Which? Best...or worst :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
Just now, Boof said:

 

I've only worn a kilt outfit once but not a chance could I keep those bloody laces tied and up around my calves. 

Well that’s a good thing as they’re supposed to be around your ankle horizontal just a above your foot. We’re not fecking gladiators. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 minute ago, Boof said:

 

Which? Best...or worst :P 

Best.

 

Obviously.

 

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well that’s a good thing as they’re supposed to be around your ankle horizontal just a above your foot. We’re not fecking gladiators. 

 

Google definitely wasn't me friend in that case...

 

Leg.gif illustration

 

Not my legs... :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Not my legs... :lol: 

 

Nor mine.

 

Too bulky.

 

 :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

 

A more sensible pic

 

That looks more manageable...so many differing ideas online.

 

Will give that a go next time - if there is a next time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

I've only worn a kilt outfit once but not a chance could I keep those bloody laces tied and up around my calves. 

That's because they shouldn't  go anywhere near your calves!

 

Beaten to it, but incorrectly tied ghillies are one of my biggest phobias.

Edited by Alex
Beaten to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's because they shouldn't  go anywhere near your calves!

 

That's not what this guy demonstrates...lower calves, anyway.

 

Leg.gif illustration

 

I now stand corrected and next time I wear a kilt I'll be able to dance to my heart's content knowing that I'll not be tripping up any old dears with me flailing laces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Reminds me of the old joke -

 

Paddy - How will I know which boot to put on which foot ?

 

Mick - Well, there's a label on each one. L for the left one, and R for the right one.

 

Paddy - Jeezuz, thats bloody brilliant, so it is.    Ach....that'll be why the wife's knickers have C&A on them  (*)

 

☺️

(*)   .... for viewers who remember long-departed department stores in Princes Street.

 

 

 

 

🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:


I’d rather risk the wet feet 😊image.thumb.jpeg.20ead6943ff125482aca5010deaceead.jpeg

 

Smert!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)

I'm a big calves [email protected] And  Roof work keeps them massive. 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

Smert!

 


They are indeed, but sadly not mine😞 The lucky owner is @Irufushi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow

The most scottish thing ever - asking where to buy welly boots in August 

 

The weather is absolute dogshit in Scotland :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irufushi
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:


They are indeed, but sadly not mine😞 The lucky owner is @Irufushi 

😂👋🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
18 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

My feet got soaked today anyone got any recommendations on what are the best welly boots to buy 

thanks in advance 

Pair o Dm boots keep the rain out,  mind i wore wellies at primary 🤔.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...