Brentford v Fulham

XXX

Brentford v Fulham - Tues 7:45pm  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see promoted?

Good luck to Brentford and Fulham.

The best game to win, the worst game to lose.

Hopefully it will be a cracking game, won by a bit of brilliance.

Fulham up and down recently. But may have the experience of the big games. 

Brentford are exciting. If they want a longer spell in the Premiership they may need another season to build. 

Genuinely not bothered, just really , really looking forward to the game after the absolute crap the SPFL dished up over the last few days. 

Kenneth Dubeke

I fancy Fulham. Brentford probably should've gone up automatically but their bumhole appeared to collapse in the final weeks. Reacted well to eliminate Swansea 

Brentford - went to Griffin Park a couple of days after Spurs v Hearts and its got a pub at each corner of the ground,moving into a nice wee stadium next season which is probably right as Griffin Park is fairly old 

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Brentford - went to Griffin Park a couple of days after Spurs v Hearts and its got a pub at each corner of the ground,moving into a nice wee stadium next season which is probably right as Griffin Park is fairly old 

Me too - lovely pubs, good atmosphere, surroundings quite like Gorgie

Saw them lose to Wolves at home (with Dave Weir asst manager) a few years back. Good luck this time

I remember this play-off match being described as most profitable match to win and the costliest to lose in world football. Don't know if that's true but the money is pretty serious.

8 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I remember this play-off match being described as most profitable match to win and the costliest to lose in world football. Don't know if that's true but the money is pretty serious.

Apparently the richest game in world football, according to Sky.

Made roof safety/access hatches for Brentford's new stadium in my last job. Only reason I chose them lol 🤷‍♂️

Edited by WDJ87

Athletes Feet

Brentford for me. I work in London and one of the lads at work is a big fan and been along a few times for midweek games. Nice folks. Hopefully a promotion and new stadium wouldn’t change the feeling around the club.

48 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Five of the last EFL Championship Playoff Finals have been decided by a single goal.

That seems to be the tactics for Fulham.  Win it in the second half.  Although Brentford nearly gifted them a few goals already, with panicky defending :) 

Edit:  Brentford are holding back a bit as well, not closing down as much yet.

Edited by HMFC01

Way back in the PlayStation2 days, I used to pick Brentford as my team in This is Football 2003 to try and take to the Premiership. 

They are on the brink of doing it in real life, albeit without my amazing management skills. I really hope they do it! 

Not a great watch but Brentford have looked toothless. Playing the long game it seems despite their manager saying they were intent on attacking.

Would love to see Brentford go up. Really well run club, new stadium and I think a welcome addition to the top flight. Fulham went up last season, spent a load of cash and went straight back down. They've had their shot.

Brentford for me.  Be a nice change, they’re good to watch, & had a few really good trips to Griffin Park.  Don’t really want Fulham back in the Prem.  One boring yo-yo club getting promoted is enough for one year. 

Paul Hartley style free kick.  Keeper thinks a cross is coming in from the free kick but he goes for goal and the keeper is well out of position.

Was it Hector for Fulham that handled the ball two handed covering his face, or was  I seeing something else :)  Commentator said no handball, I wasn't convinced.

About 3 red cards overall and 1 free kick 1st half went past the ref' plus the penalty :) 

Brentford were robbed.

Congrats to Fulham, all the best.

Edited by HMFC01

so Fulham have about a month to prepare for a season in the prem? Reckon they're going right back down

Brentford will come back.

Though clubs after their strikers. 

Of course losing your last 2 league games to miss automatic promotion then not turning up in the final might haunt you. 

26 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Disappointed in Brentford tonight. Both teams woeful to watch, high pressure game tbf. 

Not a great game until the first goal

copa-mundial

Get money on Fulham finishing 20th in the Premiership next season. First team relegated. They're woeful. 

Just like Norwich. Yoyo club. 

Georgecowie

Awful game? Apart from the goal of the season. Yoyo club?  Premiership from 2001-2014. Can't believe they managed to get up this year but that must say a lot for the manager. Brilliant club, still able to have fans sitting together in the putney end. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Georgecowie said:

Awful game? Apart from the goal of the season. Yoyo club?  Premiership from 2001-2014. Can't believe they managed to get up this year but that must say a lot for the manager. Brilliant club, still able to have fans sitting together in the putney end. 

Before 2001 they hadn't been in the top league since 1968, I certainly wouldn't call them an established top club.

In the 6 most recent seasons, from 2013-14 to current, they've been relegated twice and promoted twice.

I'd say yoyo club is fairly accurate for their recent history.

I like Scott Parker a lot btw, always thought he was massively underrated as a player too.

Brentford have been mentally cucked for a few weeks, sounded like their head coach was having a breakdown in the interview after we beat them. 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'd say yoyo club is fairly accurate for their recent history.

Some would say that about us.

🤬😡