Jump to content
Carl Weathers

Buying a house in Edinburgh now

Recommended Posts

hmfcbilly
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Thanks for the offer. However, although I was born in Edinburgh, most of my childhood was living in tweedbank. I haven't been back for almost 30 years so I will be using it as an excuse to catch up with old friends.

👍 no worries. I didnt live here 30 years ago but I'd imagine tweedbank has expanded a fair bit housing wise in that time. If I was moving here my personal choice would be gala over tweedbank purely for the fact you have shops and restaurants and most of it is in walking distance from your house. That's just me though and I would imagine having grown up in Tweedbank you will have some good memories of your time there. Good luck if your move bsck down goes ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge
11 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Thanks for all of the comments. I'm leaning toward staying put for another year and a half (until the baby is a year old) and seeing what the market is like.

 

Having said that, I'm sure myself and my wife will check the ESPC everyday anyway... 

 

Does it have to be Edinburgh mate? I live in  Fife (Crossgates to be exact, just outside Dunfermline) and like @Ainsley Harriott suggested, we part exchanged with a builder for a new build. The builder gave us market value for our property which we stayed in until our move date then it was just a case of moving all our stuff on the day. It took a whole lot of stress away. We’re a family of 5 living in a 4 bed detached house which cost the same as 2/3 bedroom flats currently for sale in Edinburgh. Indeed, the exact same property I bought to the exact same spec cost £80k more in a development in newtongrange! I’m a 10 minute drive to inverkeithing train station and you can get a train from there that can have you at haymarket/Waverley in 15-20 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

I moved here for work purposes 7 years ago. Ironically, im now based in Edinburgh for work again as is my wife but we both couldn't imagine living in the city or midlothian again. This side of the borders has the added benefit of the train for commuting.  Like you say, can get a decent property for a variety of budgets and the train takes less than an hour from Tweedbank to Waverley. I reckon some peak time buses would struggle to get from dalkeith to Edinburgh in that time

 

My next door neighbours used to rent a flat in Leith but wanted to buy, however they could never afford a cupboard in Edinburgh never mind a flat/house.

They moved out here bought a 3 bed-room semi-detached ex-council house with large garden both front & back for under £120K, the guy works in Edinburgh and it takes him less time to get to his work from here than it used to take going across Edinburgh via the bus.

 

I spent my early childhood in Craigmillar, moved to the Borders over 50 years ago now, would never ever consider living anywhere near a city again.

 

Edit: Meant to add that my neighbours are paying less for their mortage now than they were paying in rent in Edinburgh.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
On 01/08/2020 at 19:49, Samuel Camazzola said:

Would you be interested in a new build (although I don't know what developments - if any - are in your preferred area of choice)? 

 

A lot of developers will take your place off your hands as a part exchange, remove your selling worries and you can get your new home at a fixed price. 

 

 

We are currently looking to buy a new build and looked at the scheme's offered by developers but there are things to consider and we decided not to use any of them for the following reasons

 

it can be limited by the developer to 75% of the value of the new build, which for us meant either limiting how much we could get for our flat or going for a more expensive property

Part exchange/easy move means that the developer picks the estate agent and can sometimes insist that you use a specific IFA for the mortgage/AIP

They get 2 valuations and agree a price with you, then the second someone meets that price you sell, even if there are other people interested that would have pushed the price up further

 

What we've done instead is taken an early bird reservation on one of the last plots on the site (projected to be completed in April 21) to give us more time to sell our flat by ourselves and if any of the other plots for that house type haven't sold at the point we sell then we can move the reservation to one of the earlier plots that are due to be completed dec/jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
14 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

 

Does it have to be Edinburgh mate? I live in  Fife (Crossgates to be exact, just outside Dunfermline) and like @Ainsley Harriott suggested, we part exchanged with a builder for a new build. The builder gave us market value for our property which we stayed in until our move date then it was just a case of moving all our stuff on the day. It took a whole lot of stress away. We’re a family of 5 living in a 4 bed detached house which cost the same as 2/3 bedroom flats currently for sale in Edinburgh. Indeed, the exact same property I bought to the exact same spec cost £80k more in a development in newtongrange! I’m a 10 minute drive to inverkeithing train station and you can get a train from there that can have you at haymarket/Waverley in 15-20 minutes. 

 

The house we've put an early bird reservation on is just up the road from you at the Keapmoat site at Hill Of Beith, for 50k more than what we're looking to get for our 1 bed flat in leith we're getting a 3 story, 3 bed, 3 bogs semi detached house with front and back garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

 

The house we've put an early bird reservation on is just up the road from you at the Keapmoat site at Hill Of Beith, for 50k more than what we're looking to get for our 1 bed flat in leith we're getting a 3 story, 3 bed, 3 bogs semi detached house with front and back garden.


If you can overlook the fact it’s in Fife and you have to live amongst Fifers you do get a lot more bang for your buck over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theshed
16 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

 

Does it have to be Edinburgh mate? I live in  Fife (Crossgates to be exact, just outside Dunfermline) and like @Ainsley Harriott suggested, we part exchanged with a builder for a new build. The builder gave us market value for our property which we stayed in until our move date then it was just a case of moving all our stuff on the day. It took a whole lot of stress away. We’re a family of 5 living in a 4 bed detached house which cost the same as 2/3 bedroom flats currently for sale in Edinburgh. Indeed, the exact same property I bought to the exact same spec cost £80k more in a development in newtongrange! I’m a 10 minute drive to inverkeithing train station and you can get a train from there that can have you at haymarket/Waverley in 15-20 minutes. 


Thats mental that it cost 80k more to buy a house in newtongrange 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
41 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:


If you can overlook the fact it’s in Fife and you have to live amongst Fifers you do get a lot more bang for your buck over here.

 

Way I see it is that I spend more time at home than anywhere else so the actual house i'm living in is far more important than the area plus as you said it's no time at all to get into Edinburgh, time it right for the train and i'll be at haymarket faster than it'd take me getting the bus from leith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge
4 hours ago, theshed said:


Thats mental that it cost 80k more to buy a house in newtongrange 


Nuts eh? But that’s the market I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

 

Way I see it is that I spend more time at home than anywhere else so the actual house i'm living in is far more important than the area plus as you said it's no time at all to get into Edinburgh, time it right for the train and i'll be at haymarket faster than it'd take me getting the bus from leith


Totally - especially if working from home is going to be the new normal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:


Totally - especially if working from home is going to be the new normal. 


That’s the main motivation for selling the flat and getting something bigger so I can actually have a home office that isn’t just a desk in the corner of the living room as I’m planning on a day a week in the office at most even after covid is done with (95% of my work interactions are with people not in the same office anyway)

Edited by Ribble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge
11 hours ago, Ribble said:


That’s the main motivation for selling the flat and getting something bigger so I can actually have a home office that isn’t just a desk in the corner of the living room as I’m planning on a day a week in the office at most even after covid is done with (95% of my work interactions are with people not in the same office anyway)


I suspect this will become more common as people start to work from home a bit more. Good luck getting the flat sold and getting moved over here 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
On 01/08/2020 at 14:21, Neil Dongcaster said:

Sell your flat and hold off buying a house for 6 months. The arse is about to completely fall out of the market once the redundancies kick in post furlough, 

 

 

 

That's a gamble.  What happens if he sells his house then prices keep going up?  In six months he might not be able to afford to buy a new place then he's on the outside looking in.

 

Too risky, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greenbank2
On 02/08/2020 at 21:37, hmfcbilly said:

👍 no worries. I didnt live here 30 years ago but I'd imagine tweedbank has expanded a fair bit housing wise in that time. If I was moving here my personal choice would be gala over tweedbank purely for the fact you have shops and restaurants and most of it is in walking distance from your house. That's just me though and I would imagine having grown up in Tweedbank you will have some good memories of your time there. Good luck if your move bsck down goes ahead

 

We're in the process of moving from Morningside to Gattonside - big change, but looking forward to it. Sold the house here 5 days after putting up the sign. Agent told us the market is mental and it's a combination of demand from the lockdown, and tax (whatever our equivalent of stamp duty is) relaxation.

 

On the OP's question. I bought my first place in Polwarth in 1985, a 1-bedroom flat for about £25K. In the 35 years since, I have never seen prices in Edinburgh go down. Through boom and bust, all that happens here is that the market tightens up, supply and demand reduce as people stop moving in bad times, and then lots of movement in good times. But the overall situation stays pretty much the same, prices go up. Worst case for sellers is that the amount over the valuation seems to shrink, but very few places do not achieve something over the valuation. The main reason for selling first is the possibility of getting a huge wedge above your asking price which allows you to move further up market, but will almost certainly result in you renting for a few months. The general market in Scotland may go down in the coming months, but in Edinburgh it will not. It never has.

 

One last point for the youngsters, there was a time when EVERY prospective buyer needed to get their own survey done for EVERY property they wanted to make an offer on. It cost hundreds each time. It is now very easy with virtually no financial commitment to make an offer, which is fueling buyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarthVodka

Just got my first quote for moving, 3 months storage and then moving again 😂🤢💩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
5 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

 

We're in the process of moving from Morningside to Gattonside - big change, but looking forward to it. Sold the house here 5 days after putting up the sign. Agent told us the market is mental and it's a combination of demand from the lockdown, and tax (whatever our equivalent of stamp duty is) relaxation.

 

On the OP's question. I bought my first place in Polwarth in 1985, a 1-bedroom flat for about £25K. In the 35 years since, I have never seen prices in Edinburgh go down. Through boom and bust, all that happens here is that the market tightens up, supply and demand reduce as people stop moving in bad times, and then lots of movement in good times. But the overall situation stays pretty much the same, prices go up. Worst case for sellers is that the amount over the valuation seems to shrink, but very few places do not achieve something over the valuation. The main reason for selling first is the possibility of getting a huge wedge above your asking price which allows you to move further up market, but will almost certainly result in you renting for a few months. The general market in Scotland may go down in the coming months, but in Edinburgh it will not. It never has.

 

One last point for the youngsters, there was a time when EVERY prospective buyer needed to get their own survey done for EVERY property they wanted to make an offer on. It cost hundreds each time. It is now very easy with virtually no financial commitment to make an offer, which is fueling buyers.

I grew up in Oxgangs. Going by your username...did you live in Greenbank at any point too?! Gattonside is nice. Not much to it size wise. Couple of nice restaurants though and close to melrose, gala and getting on to the A68 too so ideally located. Lovely views aswell, especially if you've bought one of the Crawford builders new homes 😉

I think the market is strong all over just now. I keep an eye on the local market and properties that had been on the market for months before Covid are suddenly under offer now. I agree with you in the sense its demand coming off lockdown, stamp duty incentives etc but I fear this time next year the market will be in a slump. Once the furlough scheme ends and more people sadly (but almost inevitably) are made redundant i suspect people will be scared to move. I hope I'm wrong but really can't see a quick end to all this with winter approaching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Weathers

Thanks for all of the advice and comments. We've missed out on 4 houses now and the general theme is that everywhere in the area I'm interested in is getting approximately 30-40 viewings and over 5 notes of interest. No one is interested in selling to someone who has a property still to sell. 

 

I'll most likely stay where I am for the next 18 months (first baby due in Jan, so selling now and then renting isn't very appealing) and try again then. I'm sure I'll keep an eye on the property market to see what's happening.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

 

We're in the process of moving from Morningside to Gattonside - big change, but looking forward to it. Sold the house here 5 days after putting up the sign. Agent told us the market is mental and it's a combination of demand from the lockdown, and tax (whatever our equivalent of stamp duty is) relaxation.

 

On the OP's question. I bought my first place in Polwarth in 1985, a 1-bedroom flat for about £25K. In the 35 years since, I have never seen prices in Edinburgh go down. Through boom and bust, all that happens here is that the market tightens up, supply and demand reduce as people stop moving in bad times, and then lots of movement in good times. But the overall situation stays pretty much the same, prices go up. Worst case for sellers is that the amount over the valuation seems to shrink, but very few places do not achieve something over the valuation. The main reason for selling first is the possibility of getting a huge wedge above your asking price which allows you to move further up market, but will almost certainly result in you renting for a few months. The general market in Scotland may go down in the coming months, but in Edinburgh it will not. It never has.

 

One last point for the youngsters, there was a time when EVERY prospective buyer needed to get their own survey done for EVERY property they wanted to make an offer on. It cost hundreds each time. It is now very easy with virtually no financial commitment to make an offer, which is fueling buyers.

 

Big change indeed, from the hussle & bussle of the city to the quiet of the country, but Gattonside is perfectly placed as @hmfcbilly points out you are only a few miles away from Gala, Melrose & Earlston, and then between 10-20 miles from Lauder, Selkirk, Hawick, Kelso & Jedburgh, plus you have the BGH just over 2 miles away.

 

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greenbank2
15 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

I grew up in Oxgangs. Going by your username...did you live in Greenbank at any point too?! Gattonside is nice. Not much to it size wise. Couple of nice restaurants though and close to melrose, gala and getting on to the A68 too so ideally located. Lovely views aswell, especially if you've bought one of the Crawford builders new homes 😉

I think the market is strong all over just now. I keep an eye on the local market and properties that had been on the market for months before Covid are suddenly under offer now. I agree with you in the sense its demand coming off lockdown, stamp duty incentives etc but I fear this time next year the market will be in a slump. Once the furlough scheme ends and more people sadly (but almost inevitably) are made redundant i suspect people will be scared to move. I hope I'm wrong but really can't see a quick end to all this with winter approaching. 

 

Yup. Big influencing point. Also any village which has a restaurant/pub and no shop ticks my boxes! Thanks for the info. (and currently live in the old City Hospital grounds)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
3 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

 

Yup. Big influencing point. Also any village which has a restaurant/pub and no shop ticks my boxes! Thanks for the info. (and currently live in the old City Hospital grounds)

Excellent! A local builder with a good reputation too. Good luck with your move and I hope you enjoy your new surroundings😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
On 02/08/2020 at 04:32, hmfcbilly said:

I live 3 miles from galashiels. I've noticed most properties in the area are under offer and selling quick since lockdown lifted so its not just edinburgh thats experiencing a boom. My own opinion is folk are acting quickly whilst they still have jobs. I reckon this time next year the arse will fall out the property market like 2008. Just my opinion though. As an Edinburgh boy..no idea why more folk don't consider the borders area. 50mins on a train directly into centre of Edinburgh, less than some bus journeys from mid/east lothian and get so much more for your money property wise. Folk can still be clique w*nks mind 😂😂😂

We'll probably be heading that way soon, rental though. 

It'd never occurred to me before but now that we both drive it makes a lot of sense, you can get some serious bang for your buck compared to Edinburgh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We'll probably be heading that way soon, rental though. 

It'd never occurred to me before but now that we both drive it makes a lot of sense, you can get some serious bang for your buck compared to Edinburgh. 

 

A helluva lot more 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

We'll probably be heading that way soon, rental though. 

It'd never occurred to me before but now that we both drive it makes a lot of sense, you can get some serious bang for your buck compared to Edinburgh. 

Not a bad idea to rent for a bit. Most folk i know have made the move to the borders for lifestyle purposes aswell as property prices. That said, its not for everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
6 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Not a bad idea to rent for a bit. Most folk i know have made the move to the borders for lifestyle purposes aswell as property prices. That said, its not for everyone!

We've owned in the past, we hated it. Well, really we hated being locked in to a big mortgage for a quarter century, it really limits your options.

It's definitely a lifestyle choice for us, some of the houses available at reasonable prices are gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We've owned in the past, we hated it. Well, really we hated being locked in to a big mortgage for a quarter century, it really limits your options.

It's definitely a lifestyle choice for us, some of the houses available at reasonable prices are gorgeous.

 

New builds or old houses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We've owned in the past, we hated it. Well, really we hated being locked in to a big mortgage for a quarter century, it really limits your options.

It's definitely a lifestyle choice for us, some of the houses available at reasonable prices are gorgeous.

Definitely more of a pain if you like to move fairly regularly thats for sure! Good luck with your move. Having grew up in Edinburgh, I love the fact I now have the countryside on my doorstep. Plus Gala has everything I need, supermarkets, family run cinema, some decent places to eat round the surrounding area and just 50mins on a train to Edinburgh which stops at Fort Kinnaird enroute. Unless you're going out to the early hours, the last train home from Edinburgh is just before midnight so there was always time to go for a decent drink after the football, or up for a day out. Not sure there will be much call for either purposes in the foreseeable future mind but hopefully those days will return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
On 02/08/2020 at 16:13, hmfcbilly said:

I'm in the other direction mate, wee village called Clovenfords. Couple of miles from Gala on the A72 peebles Road. If you have any questions in the future about areas etc ill be happy to help. Feel free to PM me.

 

I meant to say to you.

Do you know that Cloven was a hot bed of thievery and downright illegal behaviour.

 

Oh yes.

 

One of my wife's relatives was caught in a field near Clovenfords with nets for the purpose of poaching no less, made the Southern Reporter an all.

Ok, it was December 1865 :laugh: and it was her G-G-G- Grandfather, he got a month's jail at Jedburgh Prison, with hard labour, which was breaking rocks at a quarry near Selkirk.

 

Oh! the shame of it. 

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

I meant to say to you.

Do you know that Cloven was a hot bed of thievery and downright illegal behaviour.

 

Oh yes.

 

One of my wife's relatives was caught in a field near Clovenfords with nets for the purpose of poaching no less, made the Southern Reporter an all.

Ok, it was December 1865 :laugh:, he got a month's jail at Jedburgh Prison, with hard labour, which was breaking rocks at a quarry near Selkirk.

 

Oh! the shame of it. 

I've had many a great night in there, and the Gordon Arms along the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
38 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

New builds or old houses?

We're looking at old ones, i haven't paid much attention to the new build scene tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've had many a great night in there, and the Gordon Arms along the road.

 

Not been there is many a year, when the kids were wee we used to take them to St. Mary's Loch & Greymare's Tail and would often end up at the Gordon Arms on the way back.  Not a road we are on very often nowadays.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Not been there is many a year, when the kids were wee we used to take them to St. Mary's Loch & Greymare's Tail and would often end up at the Gordon Arms on the way back.  Not a road we are on very often nowadays.

It's a beautiful part of the world, when we move back we'll buy around that area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We're looking at old ones, i haven't paid much attention to the new build scene tbh

 

The old ones do have a bit of character about them and a lot more stories attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's a beautiful part of the world, when we move back we'll buy around that area. 

 

There is no denying the scenery around the Scottish Borders is stunning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

I meant to say to you.

Do you know that Cloven was a hot bed of thievery and downright illegal behaviour.

 

Oh yes.

 

One of my wife's relatives was caught in a field near Clovenfords with nets for the purpose of poaching no less, made the Southern Reporter an all.

Ok, it was December 1865 :laugh: and it was her G-G-G- Grandfather, he got a month's jail at Jedburgh Prison, with hard labour, which was breaking rocks at a quarry near Selkirk.

 

Oh! the shame of it. 

😂😂 I wasn't aware Jimbo but always nice to hear a bit history regarding the area from days gone by👍 Not much in the way of crime here these days although a couple of cars did get nicked off a drive in my street about 8 months ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've had many a great night in there, and the Gordon Arms along the road.

the Clovenfords Hotel was done up a couple of years ago. Much nicer for it and not bad food at the minute. Its nice to have a pub in the village although its a shame its not a freehold and is owned by one of the brewery chains (Heineken I believe). Decent bit outside and the weather has been not bad since it reopened plus a large conservatory so no issues with distancing for meals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
57 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Not been there is many a year, when the kids were wee we used to take them to St. Mary's Loch & Greymare's Tail and would often end up at the Gordon Arms on the way back.  Not a road we are on very often nowadays.

beautiful area around St Mary's loch. When we were in the championship (last time🙈) i drove that way to Palmerston to see us play Queen of the South with my wife who was 7 months pregnant at the time. I'll never forget her response as we walked to the ground for her 1st ever experience of terracing....me..."do you want to nip in that pub for the loo before we go in?" Her..."No, I should be fine, there will toilets in there surely?". Me..."yes but remember you're not going to Tynecastle today, they won't be up to much". Ill never forget the look on her face at the queue of blokes for the 'unisex' portaloos as we entered the ground! She popped in to a pub as soon as we left the ground at fulltime 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley

I'm hoping that Edinburgh's property market remains mental for a couple more months. MiL's house has just gone on the market and if someone pays handsomely, I retire a couple of years sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

Had our initial valuation done on Saturday, we were expecting home value to be around 130-135 so with offers over hoping to get high 140’s when it actually sells, estate agent expects home report to come back around 150-155 so will be going up for sale at offers over 150! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig_
On 05/08/2020 at 22:48, I P Knightley said:

I'm hoping that Edinburgh's property market remains mental for a couple more months. MiL's house has just gone on the market and if someone pays handsomely, I retire a couple of years sooner. 

 

Packing her off to a nursing home then trousering the cash? Shrewd move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
37 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

 

Packing her off to a nursing home then trousering the cash? Shrewd move.

Nearly.  Crematorium rather than nursing home, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darren
On 04/08/2020 at 23:24, Carl Weathers said:

I'll most likely stay where I am for the next 18 months (first baby due in Jan, so selling now and then renting isn't very appealing) and try again then. I'm sure I'll keep an eye on the property market to see what's happening.

 

We thought the same when my partner was due - we'll not be moving until our baby is about 18 months. We're in a two-bedroom flat and it is fine for now but we'll need to upsize sooner rather than later. Thankfully we won't be looking in Edinburgh, though, it seems like it's a nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig_
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Nearly.  Crematorium rather than nursing home, though. 

 

:naughty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
8 hours ago, Craig_ said:

 

:naughty:

I was 400 miles away. I have people will testify to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I was 400 miles away. I have people will testify to that. 

Is it still 5%?

 

EDIT: Sorry, meant to PM.

Edited by hughesie27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott

If like me you don't mind a commute just live out of the city. I got a 4 bed detached 3 bathrooms and a double garage for 350k. Imagine how much more I would pay in edinburgh. I'm not talking about Fife though stuff relying on the bridge to get back and forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If like me you don't mind a commute just live out of the city. I got a 4 bed detached 3 bathrooms and a double garage for 350k. Imagine how much more I would pay in edinburgh. I'm not talking about Fife though stuff relying on the bridge to get back and forward.

 

Luckily due to covid (and my actual job) i'm unlikely to ever have to worry about the bridge more than once or twice a week, even then if the weather is affecting/due to affect the bridge i'll about turn/work from home that day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...