Jump to content
HMFC-1874

Watching the Hearts Matches when they start ?

Recommended Posts

HMFC-1874

So with the games being closed games for the foreseeable,  are Hearts still restricted to only allowing Audio to UK fans ?  Another stupid rule in the first place of many by the SPFL..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian

What's the deal, can't we show games live on Hearts TV? Or do we have to wait until our turn on Sky or BT comes round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC-1874

My understanding of it is this, due to the tv licencing deals with SKY,BT, BBC and other services. Hearts are only allowed to show live video to people outside the UK, offering only Audio to UK subscribers per agreement in the TV licencing deal. Regardless if we are on of the channels or not at that given time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenbo

VeePeeEnnnnnnnn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

What's the deal, can't we show games live on Hearts TV? Or do we have to wait until our turn on Sky or BT comes round?

 

Sky aren't showing the Championship.

 

It'll be the BBC that dictate it. BCD games can surely be shown on Hearts TV for UK subscribers if the top flight teams can do the same. Otherwise more prejudice.

 

 

Edited by kila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glencoejambo

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

Why some 2 months after the Premiership??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC-1874
Just now, Glencoejambo said:

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

Why some 2 months after the Premiership??

They only care about the Premiership... the wallets are being filled of all those at the head of the SPFL and the clubs in the Premiership... not really a surprise after recent times..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroonjam
10 minutes ago, Glencoejambo said:

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

Why some 2 months after the Premiership??

I was thinking this today. Was it something stupid to do with the clubs claiming they didn't have the money to do a full season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perth to Paisley

A lot of our games will be Friday at 7 on Alba ..

Dundee game for example?

 

Also there is a new TV service for overseas betting purposes called Pixellot....sure Roger Mitchell is behind it ...its covering Championship games - vpn may be on your shopping list!

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/img-finalises-spfl-betting-rights-deal-as-pixellot-technology-added/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Glencoejambo said:

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

Why some 2 months after the Premiership??

Furlough ending!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo

Get yourself a vpn (I use Nord it's v good) then subscribe to hearts TV international, more cash for the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

Will be fans in at games by the time the season kicks off. They are starting filling stadiums with fans on September 14th onwards assuming the situation stays the same as it currently is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads

I hope this happens otherwise our boycott of away games us meaningless, can't see it though

10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will be fans in at games by the time the season kicks off. They are starting filling stadiums with fans on September 14th onwards assuming the situation stays the same as it currently is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo61
48 minutes ago, HMFC-1874 said:

So with the games being closed games for the foreseeable,  are Hearts still restricted to only allowing Audio to UK fans ?  Another stupid rule in the first place of many by the SPFL..

Surely season ticket holders should be able to view home games if bcd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo61
13 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will be fans in at games by the time the season kicks off. They are starting filling stadiums with fans on September 14th onwards assuming the situation stays the same as it currently is. 

Not filling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon

8 of the 10 Championship voted to delay start as they said they couldn't afford it.

 

Another complete and utter sheissefest.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
39 minutes ago, Glencoejambo said:

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

Why some 2 months after the Premiership??

The assumption is that clubs will be allowed spectators in by then (remains to be seen) and the Champ clubs cannot possibly afford the cost of testing without gate money , if at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

To be honest,  more exciting watching text commentary than the games themselves. 

 

I find that the experience is dire, hopefully be better watching Hearts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
16 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The assumption is that clubs will be allowed spectators in by then (remains to be seen) and the Champ clubs cannot possibly afford the cost of testing without gate money , if at all. 

So why did JA give them 50k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

So why did JA give them 50k?

That wasnt for testing it was for community initiatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles

It’s a shame bt don’t have the rights to show Scottish league football this season. Their coverage was very good I thought. Far better than sky sports. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David McCaig
21 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will be fans in at games by the time the season kicks off. They are starting filling stadiums with fans on September 14th onwards assuming the situation stays the same as it currently is. 

Highly unlikely as test events for crowds now cancelled and Chris Whitty indicating that lockdown has been loosened as much as possible without R number starting to spiral

 

Even pub openings may be rolled back to allow schools to open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
32 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Highly unlikely as test events for crowds now cancelled and Chris Whitty indicating that lockdown has been loosened as much as possible without R number starting to spiral

 

Even pub openings may be rolled back to allow schools to open.

He’s talking about England specifically but the same principles apply here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

The big risk is if enough championship clubs can actually start the season if there are still no crowds by then. I’m not convinced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jumper
21 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

That wasnt for testing it was for community initiatives.

I got so confused about all that stuff to do with JA's £50k to each club for community issues. I'm sure I heard on the radio that testing was a community issue because it would allow clubs to play and bring football back to the fans? Ok, no fans in the grounds but at least the fans had their team back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JAMBONI
23 hours ago, Glencoejambo said:

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

Why some 2 months after the Premiership??

I think it's because they hope spectators will be allowed in.(No chance) It will cost all clubs money to play BCD with no income. Even if there are a limited number of spectators, they will be season ticket holders so again no extra income....sit back and enjoy the fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunks
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Highly unlikely as test events for crowds now cancelled and Chris Whitty indicating that lockdown has been loosened as much as possible without R number starting to spiral

 

Even pub openings may be rolled back to allow schools to open.

 

That's a different country.  Although seeing the crowds across Scotland on Friday, I won't be surprised to see a rise in cases here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackshades
4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

 

That's a different country.  Although seeing the crowds across Scotland on Friday, I won't be surprised to see a rise in cases here.

When I'm out and see the way people are going about, you would think covid had miraculously just gone. it's going to go up again that's inevitable and the chances are we will go backwards .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy

Get iptv. It’s peanuts a year. There’s a boy on here does it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Get iptv. It’s peanuts a year. There’s a boy on here does it. 

Got his name? I need a new channel list😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Got his name? I need a new channel list😁

Can’t actually remember who it was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo

Shame, still. Good advice. Cheap as chips 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan
On 01/08/2020 at 16:55, TypoonJambo said:

Get yourself a vpn (I use Nord it's v good) then subscribe to hearts TV international, more cash for the club. 

 

Hearts TV International + VPN.  I have been using various VPN providers for years.  Some VPNs are better when you are trying to access UK websites from abroad but most VPNs work fine in the UK for watching Hearts TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Got his name? I need a new channel list😁

Find the Kodi thread on here in the shed and ask for him. He’ll PM you a link. I keep meaning to get a hold of him but plenty time.

Edited by JimmyCant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

I know from the NZ experience that eliminating community transmission is the key to everything.  The govt here didn't open everything up until there had been zero community transmission for a month or so.

 

Scotland may reach that happy state by mid October.  I hope so but if not, I can't see non restricted crowds being allowed.

 

Would love to see Hearts fund a friendly training type tournament in Edinburgh with ICT, Partick, Cove and Stranraer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Find the Kodi thread on here in the shed and ask for him. He’ll PM you a link. I keep meaning to get a hold of him but plenty time.

Cheers mate, sorted👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC-1874
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cheers mate, sorted👍

Could you send me a link or the username to the user you found cheers :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo

Just loaded his channel list perfect. I'll pm you his details 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Just want to slap Donkey even more - he and his cabal have stitched us up proper

but we will have revenge on him one way or another 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know from the NZ experience that eliminating community transmission is the key to everything.  The govt here didn't open everything up until there had been zero community transmission for a month or so.

 

Scotland may reach that happy state by mid October.  I hope so but if not, I can't see non restricted crowds being allowed.

 

Would love to see Hearts fund a friendly training type tournament in Edinburgh with ICT, Partick, Cove and Stranraer.

The big difference here Doug is that we have 4 separate countries in the Union and while there is supposed to be 'joined up' thinking, there has been significant divergence between ourselves and England.  we can stamp on community transmission, and we've done a reasonable good job if this to be honest, but there is still a significant number of people coming up from England for holiday breaks and they are now having very significant flare ups down south that they could bring North.  

 

Your country has been brilliant at controlling this but you have 1 central Government that, in the main, people trust to look after them during this crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smoked-Glass

Bbc will have some Friday night games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunks
2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

The big difference here Doug is that we have 4 separate countries in the Union and while there is supposed to be 'joined up' thinking, there has been significant divergence between ourselves and England.  we can stamp on community transmission, and we've done a reasonable good job if this to be honest, but there is still a significant number of people coming up from England for holiday breaks and they are now having very significant flare ups down south that they could bring North.  

 

Your country has been brilliant at controlling this but you have 1 central Government that, in the main, people trust to look after them during this crisis.

 

NZ also has the advantage of no land borders. 

 

I'm sure I recall a small outbreak traced to UK visitors who never followed quarantine rules after arrival.

 

We have much of the North of England going back into lockdown and while SG advice is to not travel south, they don't have the powers to stop anyone or indeed to prevent visitors from those areas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, Dunks said:

 

NZ also has the advantage of no land borders. 

 

I'm sure I recall a small outbreak traced to UK visitors who never followed quarantine rules after arrival.

 

We have much of the North of England going back into lockdown and while SG advice is to not travel south, they don't have the powers to stop anyone or indeed to prevent visitors from those areas.

 

No land Borders....why the hell could I not have just said that!!

 

As for the North of England, I agree.  They can come willy nilly and if they have the virus potentially spread it all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
On 01/08/2020 at 16:20, HMFC-1874 said:

So with the games being closed games for the foreseeable,  are Hearts still restricted to only allowing Audio to UK fans ?  Another stupid rule in the first place of many by the SPFL..

 

Do what I do pay for HeartsTV international and disguise your IP address. Job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alfajambo
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just want to slap Donkey even more - he and his cabal have stitched us up proper

but we will have revenge on him one way or another 

It’s a shocker; they demote us with 24 pts still on the table

Prevent us from playing competitive games until October.  

And if football is cancelled between now and then it could even be longer.

Throw in the additional bonus of the uncertainty of promotion regardless of league position in May 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing

Murrayfield must be the best option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leith_dude
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just loaded his channel list perfect. I'll pm you his details 

Can you send it to me as well please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
On 01/08/2020 at 17:09, Jambo61 said:

Not filling!

5k or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...