JFK-1

Black murder is normal

Justin Z

On 31/07/2020 at 08:59, Justin Z said:

Where the Washington football team, Cleveland baseball team, etc., are the ones that get the attention in the States, I can confirm from talking to Native Americans that yes, the Exeter Big Chiefs name, logo, mascot, etc., as caricatures of Native culture, would be offensive to them.

You're right that performative allyship is a problem and shouldn't be ignored. But it also shouldn't be used as a stick to beat and diminish progress with.

If you like, I can specifically ask a particular Native friend from law school if she would view the question "How many native Americans have even heard of rugby as a sport?" as far more patronising than an attempt to affect a change on Exeter ever would. I have my suspicions but would rather not speak for her.

I posted this three days ago. Why didn't you just say "no, I have no interest in hearing Native American or African American views, or of learning how I might be lacking in understanding because of my different lived experiences. I just want to get indignant at other white people for daring to agree with them and trying to increase the visibility of those views?"

Spellczech
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I posted this three days ago. Why didn't you just say "no, I have no interest in hearing Native American or African American views, or of learning how I might be lacking in understanding because of my different lived experiences. I just want to get indignant at other white people for daring to agree with them and trying to increase the visibility of those views?"

Sorry I assumed you are another white guy. So are you Native American or African American?

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Sorry I assumed you are another white guy. So are you Native American or African American?

Woke American.

Dawnrazor

JFK-1
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

57931d74ecebdfdfd73dd5d582bfa7141dd1876b

I'm not understanding what this is supposed to mean regarding the video. 

Dawnrazor
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm not understanding what this is supposed to mean regarding the video. 

It's more at how the the thread had developed.

Ron Burgundy
13 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

57931d74ecebdfdfd73dd5d582bfa7141dd1876b

:happy: :thumbs_up:

weehammy
17 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Native Americans

African Americans

Irish Americans

Polish Americans

Mexican Americans

Italian Americans

etc

etc.

Maybe the U S would be better if more people there were just ‘Americans’?!

Dawnrazor
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Maybe the U S would be better if more people there were just ‘Americans’?!

It'll never happen, the woke left would have nobody to be outraged for or to be offended for, they'd have to invent another group.