Was the 93/94 Asics Inter away kit ever worn in a competitive match

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

Just looking for a bit of help.

I know that the Inter style away kit was worn in Henry Smith's testimonial match season 93/94.

D845E28E-9D55-4D76-B27E-E646B5EE13A4.jpeg

It was also worn in pre-season 94/95 away at Middlesbrough.

Obviously the all yellow Asics kit was worn away at Dundee twice in 93/94 because the Inter style kit clashed,

Was it actually worn in any competitive games?

I have been looking but can't find any. 

Very popular away top but I was never keen. Only away shirt I've ever loved, or bought, was the silver of the mid '80's. Sadly, of course, forever associated with Dens and the final now. 

Summing up, I don't like away shirts. Hearts, like Brazil, and other teams with iconic shirts and colours, should always have priority to wear their traditional kit. Make the diddy clubs change. 

Apologies, anxious about you know what and waffling to pass the time. 

queensferryjambo
37 minutes ago, JTJ said:

A v Aberdeen 1-0 win (Scott Leitch)

That rings a bell. Thanks will try and find photos / video.

Thanks again :)

queensferryjambo
43 minutes ago, JTJ said:

A v Aberdeen 1-0 win (Scott Leitch)

Found it - brilliant. Thank you.

a safe pair of sells

Both Asics Away Strips we had 93 to 95, were superb. This and the Candy Stripes from the season after were top notch.

Samuel Camazzola

The Asics range of kits from the 90s were classy looking and of good quality. Villa, Newcastle, Blackburn, Bradford and a few Italian sides all had them. 

I think latterly, they've supplied kits for Japanese club sides and a few Aussie sports (cricket, athletics..) Would love to see them introduce more stuff again. 

Their boots were superb - Robbo sported them - and they've tapped into the golf shoe market now too. 

Zico's left foot
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

I know that the Inter style away kit was worn in Henry Smith's testimonial match season 93/94.

Ashamed to say that was the last time I was at Tynecastle!  Time, money then family got in the way, then I fell out of the habit.

Edited by Zico's left foot

Diadora Van Basten

Did we not wear it when we got gubbed by Falkirk? 

I remember wearing it on holiday and getting ripped by Falkirk fans.

queensferryjambo
16 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Did we not wear it when we got gubbed by Falkirk? 

I remember wearing it on holiday and getting ripped by Falkirk fans.

If you mean when they beat us 6-0 that was an earlier season. That would have been the Admiral shirts and Jordan was still in charge.

So previous season but makes sense if you had new strip on holiday.

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, been here before said:

For some reason I always associate that top with Kevin Thomas.

A photo of Thomas playing against Everton was used frequently.

The youth team / younger players were also all photographed for squad photo / team photo in that shirt with first team in home shirts.

Each individual players press image was used frequently hence this - 

Kevin_Thomas.jpg

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The earlier game at pittodrie in October was 0-0. Seems pretty forgettable but we might have worn it that day. 

Diadora Van Basten
14 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

If you mean when they beat us 6-0 that was an earlier season. That would have been the Admiral shirts and Jordan was still in charge.

So previous season but makes sense if you had new strip on holiday.

That would make sense.

queensferryjambo
25 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

The earlier game at pittodrie in October was 0-0. Seems pretty forgettable but we might have worn it that day. 

I will try and find highlights but always tougher for scoreless games - everyone deleted their videos of those ones :) 

queensferryjambo
Just now, dannymack said:

The Testimonial v Everton.

2_Kevin-Thomas.jpg

That's the one I was talking about earlier.

Thanks for posting it.

copa-mundial
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The Asics range of kits from the 90s were classy looking and of good quality. Villa, Newcastle, Blackburn, Bradford and a few Italian sides all had them. 

I think latterly, they've supplied kits for Japanese club sides and a few Aussie sports (cricket, athletics..) Would love to see them introduce more stuff again. 

Their boots were superb - Robbo sported them - and they've tapped into the golf shoe market now too. 

Asics testimonials were brilliant football boots. Classic black boot. None of this coloured nonsense of today. 

On topic of the kit. Loved this one. However, it was bad for pulls in it. Remember my parents taking a few back to Thompsons sports for exchange 

I've just remembered being at Henry's testimonial with an Everton supporting friend who'd just moved into our area at that time. He was a bit nervous about coming into the school end with me and standing at the corner of the shed, but enjoyed himself, the score probably helped that. He wasn't vocal when Everton scored and I suspect the Jambos around us just thought he was an "interested" bystander😄 . He went on to be my daughter's maths teacher when she went to high school. He's now retired, but I occasionally meet him in the pub if there's an Everton game on the telly.

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Asics testimonials were brilliant football boots. Classic black boot. None of this coloured nonsense of today. 

On topic of the kit. Loved this one. However, it was bad for pulls in it. Remember my parents taking a few back to Thompsons sports for exchange 

Asics Japan were good boots too. I still have a pair of Asics boots and had a pair of white ones in the late 90s. The opposition didn't expect someone with boots like that to put in crunching tackles! 😄

I’d pay good money for a good condition medium top of that away strip. Sadly one of a fair few missing from my collection I would love to have. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Loved that kit. Used to wear shorts and socks to 5s League,  full thing didn't work as a keeper. 

Season me and my mucker spent Saturday evenings trolling Paul Kane in Aberdeen pubs

Montgomery Brewster

Still have the top. Still remember going into the old club shop to buy it.

As an Inter man - it was a dream come true. cracking  strip 😁

Fitzroy Pointon
10 hours ago, a safe pair of sells said:

Both Asics Away Strips we had 93 to 95, were superb. This and the Candy Stripes from the season after were top notch.

This. Terrible quality the Inter one but they seem to have sorted it for the candy stripe one. 

millerjames398
13 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

It was also worn in pre-season 94/95 away at Middlesbrough.

Obviously the all yellow Asics kit was worn away at Dundee twice in 93/94 because the Inter style kit clashed,

Was it actually worn in any competitive games?

I have been looking but can't find any. 

I was at that boro away friendly..some place😂

Maroonblood22

My favourite kit that one, would pay good money for one of those... missing it from my collection! :lol: 

bigsuperslim1874
15 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I’d pay good money for a good condition medium top of that away strip. Sadly one of a fair few missing from my collection I would love to have. 

I had/have it but it’s been missing at my parents for about 20 years. All my tops were in a bag and when they moved house it disappeared 😭

I'd love it if we had that as away kit. I used to always like the away kits when I was a kid but it's been long time since I've felt inclined to buy any we've released and tend to find them pretty poor compared to the home tops.

A remake of that and I'd be all over it.

bigsuperslim1874
19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd love it if we had that as away kit. I used to always like the away kits when I was a kid but it's been long time since I've felt inclined to buy any we've released and tend to find them pretty poor compared to the home tops.

A remake of that and I'd be all over it.

👍 Ditto. As someone said on the other thread, the official away top will be a disappointment now!

On 22/07/2020 at 12:36, martoon said:

Very popular away top but I was never keen. Only away shirt I've ever loved, or bought, was the silver of the mid '80's. Sadly, of course, forever associated with Dens and the final now. 

Summing up, I don't like away shirts. Hearts, like Brazil, and other teams with iconic shirts and colours, should always have priority to wear their traditional kit. Make the diddy clubs change. 

Apologies, anxious about you know what and waffling to pass the time. 

Loved this kit. That said, we change against teams who wear darker shades of blue (Dundee, Falkirk, Raith spring to mind) so with our 3rd kit being a dark colour too, I doubt we’ll have an Inter-style kit sadly. 

bigsuperslim1874
2 hours ago, WagonWheel said:

Loved this kit. That said, we change against teams who wear darker shades of blue (Dundee, Falkirk, Raith spring to mind) so with our 3rd kit being a dark colour too, I doubt we’ll have an Inter-style kit sadly. 

Even just a replica to buy out the shop would be awesome mate - like the silver top/retro wear.

Samuel Camazzola

I still have the top. Size M and purchased from InterSport, St James' Centre branch. 😄

Would have been better if the badge was embroidered but the look has aged well. 

Bungalow Bill
On 22/07/2020 at 15:14, copa-mundial said:

Took 3 away tops back and the home shirt because of the pulls. Got the top for my 12th birthday. My mum ended up just getting her money back and it was my first season without the latest strip. 

copa-mundial
21 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

Took 3 away tops back and the home shirt because of the pulls. Got the top for my 12th birthday. My mum ended up just getting her money back and it was my first season without the latest strip. 

It was really bad for pulls wasn't it. 

I think my parents took two tops back, the third went the same way, but I kept it as I loved the kit.