WhatsApp transfer from IPhone to Android

Statts1976uk

Statts1976uk

I’m jumping from an iPhone to Android shortly and looking at ways to transfer all my WhatsApp data over and it’s not looking too easy.

There must be some of you that have experience in this, good or bad, and I’m looking for some hints and tips so that I don’t have to lose all my chats.

assuming you are keeping the same phone number it should be traight forward. open the app on your iphone. go to settings, then chat. there should be an option to backup data. Do this, then once you install whatsapp on your new phone you should be able to restore all your chats

4 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

Does that work with backing it up to iCloud and then trying to open it on Android?

You can backup to Google Drive from your iPhone and download that onto your Android phone but I think that'll only get contacts, photos and calendar.

You should turn iMessage off on your iPhone too so your number is only linked for SMS otherwise your iPhone pals might have their messages to you go AWOL.

Statts1976uk
4 hours ago, kila said:

You can backup to Google Drive from your iPhone and download that onto your Android phone but I think that'll only get contacts, photos and calendar.

You should turn iMessage off on your iPhone too so your number is only linked for SMS otherwise your iPhone pals might have their messages to you go AWOL.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I’ll do that tomorrow when the new phone arrives. Hopefully a day or two of pain will be rewarded in the long term.