Jump to content
August Landmesser

Hospitality open at Tynie - Eat out to Help out!!

Recommended Posts

Satsumo
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep.

 

2 screens on.

Perfect, thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
obua
4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Just pies at £2 each.

 

We seemed to be the only table that has a round of them and they ran out.

 

All alcohol drinks £4 and soft £2.  Pints were just Amstel or Coast to Coast.

 

28 booked in all together but there might have been a couple of walk ins.

 

I'm trying to remember since last time I was in the Gorgie suite, but it appears to have had a luck of paint.  All the wall were grey.   Wood finish before?

The Gorgie suite was refurbished at least 2 years ago, possibly longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
32 minutes ago, obua said:

The Gorgie suite was refurbished at least 2 years ago, possibly longer.

I cant remember the walls being all grey.

 

And I've been in a few times in the last 2 years.

 

Only once not drinking though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I cant remember the walls being all grey.

 

And I've been in a few times in the last 2 years.

 

Only once not drinking though. 

It was done up a couple of years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL

Looking forward to a wee session this afternoon picked the wrong day for live footie hopefully showing Stoke v Brentford would be funny if Brentford gained automatic promotion at the expense of West Brom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Anyone there today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q

Doesn't sound like it.....😁😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Anyone there today?

yep me and the better half 12-4 good afternoon around 40 punters in pies, pizza and sausage rolls £4 a drink maroon pounds to the club watched Stoke v Brentford, then Tynie arms for a couple then whighams. good day recommend Gorgie Suite especially with a few of your mates. i'm glad the footie was on the wife's patter was cack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
23 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep me and the better half 12-4 good afternoon around 40 punters in pies, pizza and sausage rolls £4 a drink maroon pounds to the club watched Stoke v Brentford, then Tynie arms for a couple then whighams. good day recommend Gorgie Suite especially with a few of your mates. i'm glad the footie was on the wife's patter was cack

Sounds good. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LMc
On 16/07/2020 at 17:47, davemclaren said:

It was done up a couple of years ago. 

 

The operations manager was saying it's been redecorated during lockdown. 

 

It's a decent set up in there. The thermometer was a bit off when I was getting my temp done. Gave me a bit of a fright 😅 

 

Big tables and small tables all around. Access to the stand to take in the lovely looking pitch. It's getting the top chopped off soon apparently as it's getting too thick because nothings getting done on it! They're only expecting four home games before the end of the year as well.

 

Would recommend it. Guinness on tap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, LMc said:

 

The operations manager was saying it's been redecorated during lockdown. 

 

It's a decent set up in there. The thermometer was a bit off when I was getting my temp done. Gave me a bit of a fright 😅 

 

Big tables and small tables all around. Access to the stand to take in the lovely looking pitch. It's getting the top chopped off soon apparently as it's getting too thick because nothings getting done on it! They're only expecting four home games before the end of the year as well.

 

Would recommend it. Guinness on tap!

Guinness on tap is a big improvement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboPete

Is the 1874 Bar still closed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, JamboPete said:

Is the 1874 Bar still closed?

I assumed they were just using the Gorgie Suite as it will be much easier to social distance in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevie1874

Really enjoyed meal at the Skyline lounge the other night, Highly recomend it 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Really enjoyed meal at the Skyline lounge the other night, Highly recomend it 👍

Booked in next Saturday. Been to all the other times they have opened it.

 

Food is excellent and pricing is really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold
On 16/07/2020 at 09:47, DETTY29 said:

The pitchers appeared to be empty milk cartons.....Screenshot_20200716-094612_Gallery.jpg

Hot Pies? What were their names?

 

:jjyay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, LMc said:

 

The operations manager was saying it's been redecorated during lockdown. 

 

It's a decent set up in there. The thermometer was a bit off when I was getting my temp done. Gave me a bit of a fright 😅 

 

Big tables and small tables all around. Access to the stand to take in the lovely looking pitch. It's getting the top chopped off soon apparently as it's getting too thick because nothings getting done on it! They're only expecting four home games before the end of the year as well.

 

Would recommend it. Guinness on tap!

Aye,

 

Don't go in if you have a temperature.

 

If it was right, 3 of the 4 of us were other way and had hypothermia. 

Edited by DETTY29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LMc
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aye,

 

Don't go in if you have a temperature.

 

If it was right, 3 of the 4 of us were other way and had hypothermia. 

 

🤣 

 

I was a balmy 36.5C yet one of our party was 34.5C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LMc said:

 

🤣

 

I was a balmy 36.5C yet one of our party was 34.5C. 

One 36.5 too and 3 between 34.7 and 35.1.....

 

I'd done an 8 mile walk before Tynie and got as high as Buckstone.  Hardly Everest.....

Edited by DETTY29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Guinness on tap is a big improvement. 

 

As long as they look after it.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Hot Pies? What were their names?

 

:jjyay:

£1 for crisps, wtf are they, unicorn nipples? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

One 36.5 too and 3 between 34.7 and 35.1.....

 

I'd done an 8 mile walk before Tynie and got as high as Buckstone.  Hardly Everest.....

Where they using hand held thermometers pointing at your forehead?

As accurate as a Daily Record story!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
24 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Where they using hand held thermometers pointing at your forehead?

As accurate as a Daily Record story!

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

BBC still insisting that it will be 25 degrees on Friday.

 

Get the plazza open early doors....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
credit card

Was there on Sunday at lunchtime. It was a sell out which was good to hear.  Braw grub, lots of space for anyone worried about social distancing and well worth it. Going again this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cynic

Great meal in Sky Lounge on Friday night. Service and food excellent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

All great news.  Can't help thinking our many detractors must absolutely hate us.  As a Hearts family we just go from strength to strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haringshairband

Eat out to help out? :oohmatron:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Eat out to help out? :oohmatron:

Helps the club and the wider economy. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Gorgie Suite bar open tomorrow and weekend as well. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maggieb
On 19/07/2020 at 16:31, Clark Griswold said:

Hot Pies? What were their names?

 

:jjyay:

I once went out with a hot chick from Aberdeen, asked me my favourite food ? I said I’m a simple human and love a PIE, 

she replied “ I hate pehs “I’m  still traumatised 30yrs later 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.    🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Biffa Bacon

Heading to the Sky Lounge on Sunday for lunch, should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

 

The Gorgie Bar opens

 

Today: 4pm - 10pm
Friday: 4pm - 10pm
Saturday: 12pm - 10pm
Sunday: 12pm - 10pm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimbojambo

We went to the Dine out in the European lounge on the first floor last night and it was really good food and a very safe environment. Worked out under £20 each for a 3 course meal and drinks so outstanding value. We had our temperature taken on arrival and my grandson, bless him asked in all seriousness "have I got it?" Really recommended but sold out for next week already but I'll be back 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
57 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

We went to the Dine out in the European lounge on the first floor last night and it was really good food and a very safe environment. Worked out under £20 each for a 3 course meal and drinks so outstanding value. We had our temperature taken on arrival and my grandson, bless him asked in all seriousness "have I got it?" Really recommended but sold out for next week already but I'll be back 👍

Good news that it seems to be going well. I was a bit sceptical when I first heard they were opening up the hospitality suites outside match days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tynietigers
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Good news that it seems to be going well. I was a bit sceptical when I first heard they were opening up the hospitality suites outside match days. 

I know a few of the chefs and GP the head of hospitality, and they are always working hard to come up with ideas to have Tynie open and give what they believe the best experience to the Hearts fans 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC1-5

Went to the Skyline last night and it was lovely, well planned out from the club and excellent food and hosting. Would definitely recommend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
Posted (edited)
On 30/07/2020 at 20:49, maggieb said:

I once went out with a hot chick from Aberdeen, asked me my favourite food ? I said I’m a simple human and love a PIE, 

she replied “ I hate pehs “I’m  still traumatised 30yrs later 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.    🤮


she wasn’t from Aberdeen then

Thats more of a Dundonian accent XD

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:


she wasn’t from Aberdeen then

Thats more of a Dundonian accent XD

True. Fit like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True. Fit like...

 No Dave she wasn’t fit at all.  No matter where she sat down, there was always a part of her sitting near you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

 No Dave she wasn’t fit at all.  No matter where she sat down, there was always a part of her sitting near you 

🤣🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Do you have to book to go to the 1874 bar ?  Going to the skyline for a meal and want to go there before it but unsure if we need to book into there as well ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Do you have to book to go to the 1874 bar ?  Going to the skyline for a meal and want to go there before it but unsure if we need to book into there as well ?

Not sure if 1874Bar is open, it was the Gorgie suite that was doing drinks.

Skyline was fabulous, the Sunday £20 deal is fantastic value, and the drinks were reasonably priced too. I would highly recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

Not sure if 1874Bar is open, it was the Gorgie suite that was doing drinks.

Skyline was fabulous, the Sunday £20 deal is fantastic value, and the drinks were reasonably priced too. I would highly recommend.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevie1874
4 hours ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Went to the Skyline last night and it was lovely, well planned out from the club and excellent food and hosting. Would definitely recommend!

The skyline lounge is on trip advisor so maybe leave a review on there if you can. I was really impressed also and plan to go back. Nice meal but it’s also helping our club in these strange times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
obua
4 hours ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Went to the Skyline last night and it was lovely, well planned out from the club and excellent food and hosting. Would definitely recommend!

Is there a dress code or is smart casual acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Biffa Bacon
8 hours ago, obua said:

Is there a dress code or is smart casual acceptable.

No specific dress code. I had shorts and a polo shirt. No issues, it is a very relaxed atmosphere. Temperature checks before entry, masks worn by staff and social distancing observed. It felt safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...