gov

Sam Nicholson

TheBigO
11 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Between that and Nisbet and his clauses?

Has he got one right yet? Bet he told us Craigy G would sign an extension at Celtic

How long has he been heralded as ITK now?

So take his goss with a pinch (or tub) of salt. Still take them though, Jkb all the better for transfer rumours.

soonbe110
8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where did Bristol Rovers have so much money they "overspent" by by £20 million ? 

Wealthy owners. Same reason they are piling money in to next season to get promotion because season after that the salary cap is introduced in Leagues 1 and 2 and Bristol would have to let most of their players go if they are still in League 1. Huge financial gamble. 

baxterd1974
53 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Its population is bigger than Edinburgh.

Maybe you meant it isn't big enough for 2 big teams, just like Edinburgh.

Used to be, but no longer. Close mind you.

Tokyo Drifter

Can't blame him. Good luck,  Sam. Hope to see you back in maroon one day.

jonnothejambo
3 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Can't blame him. Good luck,  Sam. Hope to see you back in maroon one day.

Aye. For Arbroath. 

Space Pirate

Just waiting for the next ex Hearts player to want to leave his club, sure fire ITK signing. 

Saughton Jambo
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. For Arbroath. 

Exactly! We seem to have a healthy obsession with ex players who were bang average. We couldn't even get a development fee for Sam and yet some have welcomed him back like the long lost prodigal son. Signing for BR says it all about this daft obsession about loyalty and being a PHM. Good luck Sam but this  ship has sailed 

OmiyaHearts

It could have been good to see Nicholson back playing for us, but I've not seen him play for years, so I can't say if he'd have been a good signing or not.

baxterd1974

Bullet dodged 

kila
53 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Exactly! We seem to have a healthy obsession with ex players who were bang average. We couldn't even get a development fee for Sam and yet some have welcomed him back like the long lost prodigal son. Signing for BR says it all about this daft obsession about loyalty and being a PHM. Good luck Sam but this  ship has sailed 

He insisted on a sell on fee like Paterson did. But chances of us ever making something from that.

JohnB
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Exactly! We seem to have an unhealthy obsession with ex players who were bang average. We couldn't even get a development fee for Sam and yet some have welcomed him back like the long lost prodigal son. Signing for BR says it all about this daft obsession about loyalty and being a PHM. Good luck Sam but this  ship has sailed 

FTFY

Gas Eddie

Hi, Bristol Rovers fan here...stopped by to get your views on Nicholson and to get a few pointers to the qualities (or otherwise) of the player we've now signed...seems like a fairly even split so guess it's wait and see (hopefully we'll all get to see some football soon enough)...

Re some earlier comments...it's true to say parts of Bristol are a sh1thole, particularly in BS3...that part of Bristol really should be twinned with Chernobyl...

We've not really over spent 24M, I wish we had that kind of cash to over spend...

It's more an accumulation of historic debts, losses stretching back a few years, loans that needed re paying and interest payments...the debts have pretty much been dealt with thanks to our benevolent owner...

We're not a club that spends big money fees, the highest fee we've paid for a player was 375k and that was nearly 30 years ago...we are however a club that pays higher wages and I guess that's why Nicholson came our way...

Genuinely hope better days are round the corner for your club, an ex girlfriend's Granddad was a massive Hearts fan and he was a really good guy so I always look out for your results and think of him...

Here's hoping Sam does well down here and if he does really well we have space for a statue...

Best of luck for next season...hope it's a memorable one for you

Saughton Jambo
46 minutes ago, Gas Eddie said:

Hi, Bristol Rovers fan here...stopped by to get your views on Nicholson and to get a few pointers to the qualities (or otherwise) of the player we've now signed...seems like a fairly even split so guess it's wait and see (hopefully we'll all get to see some football soon enough)...

Re some earlier comments...it's true to say parts of Bristol are a sh1thole, particularly in BS3...that part of Bristol really should be twinned with Chernobyl...

We've not really over spent 24M, I wish we had that kind of cash to over spend...

It's more an accumulation of historic debts, losses stretching back a few years, loans that needed re paying and interest payments...the debts have pretty much been dealt with thanks to our benevolent owner...

We're not a club that spends big money fees, the highest fee we've paid for a player was 375k and that was nearly 30 years ago...we are however a club that pays higher wages and I guess that's why Nicholson came our way...

Genuinely hope better days are round the corner for your club, an ex girlfriend's Granddad was a massive Hearts fan and he was a really good guy so I always look out for your results and think of him...

Here's hoping Sam does well down here and if he does really well we have space for a statue...

Hi Eddie,

most of us would welcome Sam back here but we can turn a bit iffy when we are turned down. It’s not just Sam, it happens a lot. Personally I would’ve had him back but now that he’s gone then my attitude is feck him. We don’t mean it personally.

As for people slagging off your home city, then again that’s us just incredulously venting off as our own home city is beautiful and why would anyone turn us down when we can offer them a castle as a back drop to their working environment. Don’t take our ranting as personal pal. We’d say the same about Messi or Ronaldo if they turned down the famous JT’s. 

You’ve got a good signing in Sam but only if he plays to his maximum capability. I suppose you could say that about most players but on his day he can be a game changer. 

Also the debt thing and benefactors....well not only have we wrote the book but we’ve still got the teeshirts left over from our last episode. We are having a bad time of things just now as we genuinely are the third biggest club in Scotland. We are a sleeping giant and if it wasn’t for the massive gulf in finances that the two erse cheeks from Glasgow throw about, then we’d be able to mount a challenge. Obviously our finances just now are in a predicament due to the state our last manager, who I can’t name without spitting venom, dictates what we can and are prepared to offer. So it’s no wonder Sam chose the Rovers over a move back here. 

Good luck with your team though and I’m glad your girlfriends grandad was a Jambo as we are a unique breed! 

HHGH 🇱🇻

Rooster20

Says a lot about football these days that a mid table club in the English third tier can offer higher wages than Scotland's third biggest club.

graygo
19 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Says a lot about football these days that a mid table club in the English third tier can offer higher wages than Scotland's third biggest club.

Says a lot about English football.

It'll crash and burn one day.

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, Gas Eddie said:

Sam was a good wee player for us pal, hope he does the business for you. 😊

Smithee
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gas Eddie said:

He's a nippy winger who can score spectacular goals but like most wingers he runs on confidence.

He works hard, he tracks back well, but he's definitely very forward thinking and direct. He likes to beat a man, but I would question his crossing ability. Maybe because of that he has a tendency to cut in, which is effective in many ways but I felt he was getting predictable towards the end of his time with us.

But best of luck, I like him, he'd be in our starting 11 for sure.

Edited by Smithee

Gas Eddie

Thanks for the responses and the info re Sam...

He sounds like your typical winger, sometimes involved in the game and at other times a bit anonymous...

TBH I'm not a fan of wingers as they rarely are involved for the entire 90 minutes but I guess if he pings in the cross that leads to the winning goal that's all we'll remember...

Good to hear he comes back to defend as even if he isn't having the best of games the minimum any fan wants to see is some commitment and a player putting in maximum effort...

Hoping we go 3 at the back next season and Sam plays more as a wide striker as he seems like he has goals in him and isn't afraid to get a shot in....

Thanks again and wishing you a successful and memorable season to come

TheBigO
3 minutes ago, Gas Eddie said:

Thanks for the responses and the info re Sam...

He sounds like your typical winger, sometimes involved in the game and at other times a bit anonymous...

TBH I'm not a fan of wingers as they rarely are involved for the entire 90 minutes but I guess if he pings in the cross that leads to the winning goal that's all we'll remember...

Good to hear he comes back to defend as even if he isn't having the best of games the minimum any fan wants to see is some commitment and a player putting in maximum effort...

Hoping we go 3 at the back next season and Sam plays more as a wide striker as he seems like he has goals in him and isn't afraid to get a shot in....

Thanks again and wishing you a successful and memorable season to come

He's two footed, quick, skillful, good finisher, good long shot, hard worker. He needed to tie that all together, hopefully in his time in states, he'll have learnt to.

I always found him very likeable, plays with his heart more than his head type. I think you'll like him, I hope he nails down a place and stars for you.

rudi must stay
On 22/07/2020 at 19:21, Gas Eddie said:

Sam is a good player. Very good infact, football wise get him playing with a smile he will be very successful. Your manager was very cute with his comments and I agree with. You are right to have big hopes for him as he has a bag of tricks that I enjoyed watching every week