Sam Nicholson

gov

Says a lot about football these days that a mid table club in the English third tier can offer higher wages than Scotland's third biggest club.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• Absolute Scenes

19 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Says a lot about football these days that a mid table club in the English third tier can offer higher wages than Scotland's third biggest club.

Says a lot about English football.

It'll crash and burn one day.

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, Gas Eddie said:

Hi, Bristol Rovers fan here...stopped by to get your views on Nicholson and to get a few pointers to the qualities (or otherwise) of the player we've now signed...seems like a fairly even split so guess it's wait and see (hopefully we'll all get to see some football soon enough)...

Re some earlier comments...it's true to say parts of Bristol are a sh1thole, particularly in BS3...that part of Bristol really should be twinned with Chernobyl...

We've not really over spent 24M, I wish we had that kind of cash to over spend...

It's more an accumulation of historic debts, losses stretching back a few years, loans that needed re paying and interest payments...the debts have pretty much been dealt with thanks to our benevolent owner...

We're not a club that spends big money fees, the highest fee we've paid for a player was 375k and that was nearly 30 years ago...we are however a club that pays higher wages and I guess that's why Nicholson came our way...

Genuinely hope better days are round the corner for your club, an ex girlfriend's Granddad was a massive Hearts fan and he was a really good guy so I always look out for your results and think of him...

Here's hoping Sam does well down here and if he does really well we have space for a statue...

Best of luck for next season...hope it's a memorable one for you

Sam was a good wee player for us pal, hope he does the business for you. 😊

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Gas Eddie said:

Hi, Bristol Rovers fan here...stopped by to get your views on Nicholson and to get a few pointers to the qualities (or otherwise) of the player we've now signed...seems like a fairly even split so guess it's wait and see (hopefully we'll all get to see some football soon enough)...

Re some earlier comments...it's true to say parts of Bristol are a sh1thole, particularly in BS3...that part of Bristol really should be twinned with Chernobyl...

We've not really over spent 24M, I wish we had that kind of cash to over spend...

It's more an accumulation of historic debts, losses stretching back a few years, loans that needed re paying and interest payments...the debts have pretty much been dealt with thanks to our benevolent owner...

We're not a club that spends big money fees, the highest fee we've paid for a player was 375k and that was nearly 30 years ago...we are however a club that pays higher wages and I guess that's why Nicholson came our way...

Genuinely hope better days are round the corner for your club, an ex girlfriend's Granddad was a massive Hearts fan and he was a really good guy so I always look out for your results and think of him...

Here's hoping Sam does well down here and if he does really well we have space for a statue...

He's a nippy winger who can score spectacular goals but like most wingers he runs on confidence.

He works hard, he tracks back well, but he's definitely very forward thinking and direct. He likes to beat a man, but I would question his crossing ability. Maybe because of that he has a tendency to cut in, which is effective in many ways but I felt he was getting predictable towards the end of his time with us.

But best of luck, I like him, he'd be in our starting 11 for sure.

Edited by Smithee

Thanks for the responses and the info re Sam...

He sounds like your typical winger, sometimes involved in the game and at other times a bit anonymous...

TBH I'm not a fan of wingers as they rarely are involved for the entire 90 minutes but I guess if he pings in the cross that leads to the winning goal that's all we'll remember...

Good to hear he comes back to defend as even if he isn't having the best of games the minimum any fan wants to see is some commitment and a player putting in maximum effort...

Hoping we go 3 at the back next season and Sam plays more as a wide striker as he seems like he has goals in him and isn't afraid to get a shot in....

Thanks again and wishing you a successful and memorable season to come

3 minutes ago, Gas Eddie said:

Thanks for the responses and the info re Sam...

He sounds like your typical winger, sometimes involved in the game and at other times a bit anonymous...

TBH I'm not a fan of wingers as they rarely are involved for the entire 90 minutes but I guess if he pings in the cross that leads to the winning goal that's all we'll remember...

Good to hear he comes back to defend as even if he isn't having the best of games the minimum any fan wants to see is some commitment and a player putting in maximum effort...

Hoping we go 3 at the back next season and Sam plays more as a wide striker as he seems like he has goals in him and isn't afraid to get a shot in....

Thanks again and wishing you a successful and memorable season to come

He's two footed, quick, skillful, good finisher, good long shot, hard worker. He needed to tie that all together, hopefully in his time in states, he'll have learnt to.

I always found him very likeable, plays with his heart more than his head type. I think you'll like him, I hope he nails down a place and stars for you.

rudi must stay
On 22/07/2020 at 19:21, Gas Eddie said:

Sam is a good player. Very good infact, football wise get him playing with a smile he will be very successful. Your manager was very cute with his comments and I agree with. You are right to have big hopes for him as he has a bag of tricks that I enjoyed watching every week