Jump to content
gov

Sam Nicholson

Recommended Posts

Ibrahim Tall
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Bummer - no sell on fee


We wouldn’t have got one anyway, it was Minnesota he joined from us, they sold him to Colorado.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That’s the problem, watching highlights is suicidal when looking to sign a player. We have signed too many players by not doing the work needed like scouting the player playing. An agent phone a manager, tells the manager that this guy is magic, shows the manager the player on Google & You Tube, manager meets player and agrees 3 year deal. End result disaster. Even Rudi played as a trial it’s against Middlesbrough & Hull City. Let’s do things the right way as too much money has been flushed down the toilet on crap.

 

I meant you using google to find out if he'd been injured, easy to find. He's better than the wingers we have now, I don't care how he's played in the last few years, he's better than what we have so its a no brainer to take him, considering transfers are not something easy to manage just now

He didn't get on with Levein hence why he left, I thought you would have been all over that since you were all over Levein in negative light. He knows our game, is a home grown talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Castle rock
51 minutes ago, DH1986 said:


In the likely event of us playing in the championship there is no need to do a Rangers and overspend to win a division we should stroll easily.

 

We can be as ambitious as we like the following season.

I've never said overspend I get your point but I think we should still be trying to move forward not back

I just don't see the point of going back to ex players barring a few exceptions like robbo and rudi. Most are worse players when they return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Castle rock
37 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

 

I do feel like we are the Gorgie time machine also. Folk are obsessed generally with bringing player's back.

 

However I feel this might be a good signing at this time.

 

He's a known quantity both on and off the field and it removes our inept scouting team from the equation.

I liked Sam when he was here first time but my fear is like most returning players he won't live up to expectations 

I will naturally support Sam if he returns. 

HHGH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baxfee
36 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:


We wouldn’t have got one anyway, it was Minnesota he joined from us, they sold him to Colorado.

Shows how little attention I paid to that one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff

He’s better than what we have so yes for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benny
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s better than what we have so yes for me. 

How do you come to that conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
Just now, benny said:

How do you come to that conclusion.

I don't know how he could have come to any other conclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
1 minute ago, benny said:

How do you come to that conclusion.


I’ll explain for you in greater detail later but we have a squad at the bottom of the table and Sam is better than any winger we have including that boy we got in Jan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benny
Just now, Cruyff said:

I don't know how he could have come to any other conclusion. 

Would agree 4 years ago but I have no idea how good he has been since he left Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:


I’ll explain for you in greater detail later but we have a squad at the bottom of the table and Sam is better than any winger we have including that boy we got in Jan. 

Correct

Whilst I really like Moore, he still has bits to learn, and having a senior winger in Sam means we are not so thin in that area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
Just now, benny said:

Would agree 4 years ago but I have no idea how good he has been since he left Hearts.

 

His value has gone up so i'd imagine he's done enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
1 minute ago, benny said:

Would agree 4 years ago but I have no idea how good he has been since he left Hearts.

I'd imagine he is probably a better player now. Technically the MLS is decent but some of the defending is comical and it is quite slow paced. 

Normally I'm against folk returning but it's not like he's past it. 25-30 Yr old, will be at his peak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benny
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

 

His value has gone up so i'd imagine he's done enough

Hopefully you are correct but you imagine doesn't fill me with confidence.

Sam was a brilliant prospect but somewhere along the line it all stopped.

Just asking if he has come anywhere close to getting back into form.

Walker was a brilliant prospect as well but he has come nowhere close form wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Correct

Whilst I really like Moore, he still has bits to learn, and having a senior winger in Sam means we are not so thin in that area. 

Moore is good for when we're needing a winger to press and track an attacking full back. If we're trying to break teams down and need a bit of magic, Nicholson can provide that. Options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:


I’ll explain for you in greater detail later but we have a squad at the bottom of the table and Sam is better than any winger we have including that boy we got in Jan. 


Yes but how about we go out and scout some players to see if anyone better is out there, rather than just going for Nicholson because Murray still has his phone number and it’s a doddle to do and we can all knock off in time for tea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Yes but how about we go out and scout some players to see if anyone better is out there, rather than just going for Nicholson because Murray still has his phone number and it’s a doddle to do and we can all knock off in time for tea


Aye, true that.   Although this upcoming season might not be the time to put new scouting measures in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


Aye, true that.   Although this upcoming season might not be the time to put new scouting measures in place. 

We might be hit with a transfer ban and will have to move quickly to build our squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Largo
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:


In the likely event of us playing in the championship there is no need to do a Rangers and overspend to win a division we should stroll easily.

 

We can be as ambitious as we like the following season.

Firstly I seriously I hope HMFC are not playing in the Championship but don't kid yourself , Rangers made the massive mistake of thinking  it would be a stroll and that didn't end well. Remember every team in that division will look at HMFC as their cup final .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Didn't get on with Levein which was a factor in him leaving............fact.

No surprise there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

 

I meant you using google to find out if he'd been injured, easy to find. He's better than the wingers we have now, I don't care how he's played in the last few years, he's better than what we have so its a no brainer to take him, considering transfers are not something easy to manage just now

He didn't get on with Levein hence why he left, I thought you would have been all over that since you were all over Levein in negative light. He knows our game, is a home grown talent. 

He’s better than what we’ve got !  Really.  Well that wouldn’t be hard. I doesn’t matter what he was like with Hearts or how he was in the States I just want Neilson to be sure he is good and fit enough for Hearts NOW remembering he’ll be signing a 2-3 year contract.
Like I said before we can’t afford to sign a player just to be in the squad we need quality over quantity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Largo said:

Firstly I seriously I hope HMFC are not playing in the Championship but don't kid yourself , Rangers made the massive mistake of thinking  it would be a stroll and that didn't end well. Remember every team in that division will look at HMFC as their cup final .

 

Well, last time we were in a tougher Championship with the same manager but arguably worse players (certainly no players like Gordon, Souttar, berra, Hickey, Naismith, Boyce, Smith and Washington) we only lost 3 out of 36 "cup finals" and two of those were dead rubbers after we had won the league.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Largo
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Well, last time we were in a tougher Championship with the same manager but arguably worse players (certainly no players like Gordon, Souttar, berra, Hickey, Naismith, Boyce, Smith and Washington) we only lost 3 out of 36 "cup finals" and two of those were dead rubbers after we had won the league.

TJ  : I am not disputing that for a moment , what I am saying piss poor teams will raise their game when HMFC  come to town 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Largo said:

TJ  : I am not disputing that for a moment , what I am saying piss poor teams will raise their game when HMFC  come to town 

 

They didn't last time or they did and it wasn't enough. We're going to skoosh this mini league we may be forced to play in full of clubs under enormous financial strain with literally no money to spend on their teams.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Largo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

They didn't last time or they did and it wasn't enough. We're going to skoosh this mini league we may be forced to play in full of clubs under enormous financial strain with literally no money to spend on their teams.

I genuinely hope you do for the benefit of both HMFC and Scottish football,  you may not give a toss about the survival of Scottish football at the moment but if the game is to survive we need a strong HMFC  plying it's trade in the top league . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoda
39 minutes ago, Largo said:

TJ  : I am not disputing that for a moment , what I am saying piss poor teams will raise their game when HMFC  come to town 

and apart from the ICT game, there wont be a big Hearts support to cheer the team home.

 

We'll still romp it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoda
21 hours ago, Stendel'sGorgieArmy said:

Sign him and dump Walker. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoda
21 hours ago, Stendel'sGorgieArmy said:

Sign him and dump Walker. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

Would take Sam back on a cheap one-year deal. We've been impotent on the wings for a couple of seasons and he did well under Robbie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate

I hope we sign him but i still get to post sarcastic comments about Murray's pish scouting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB GIN
7 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Correct

Whilst I really like Moore, he still has bits to learn, and having a senior winger in Sam means we are not so thin in that area. 

Moore is limited I reckon great work rate but he isn’t that gifted as a player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, Largo said:

Firstly I seriously I hope HMFC are not playing in the Championship but don't kid yourself , Rangers made the massive mistake of thinking  it would be a stroll and that didn't end well. Remember every team in that division will look at HMFC as their cup final .

 

It was a ****ing stroll for us last time we were in it and Rangers were in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dallas Green

According to the scarves around the funnel podcast, he wants to go to England,  not back to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ

Signing for Bristol Rovers

 

They have overspent by over £20 million in last 3/4 seasons but debt has now been cleared and they have backing for next season..check out their signings and will be worth an ante post bet for 20/21..new owner fever once more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil Dongcaster
Posted (edited)

Swing and a miss by Daza.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Signing for Bristol Rovers

 

They have overspent by over £20 million in last 3/4 seasons but debt has now been cleared and they have backing for next season..check out their signings and will be worth an ante post bet for 20/21..new owner fever once more

Links with the Bank of Jordan.

 

Sure it'll all end perfectly well. These things always do.

 

Best of luck to Sam though, good part of the world to live & play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Swing and a miss by Dazs. 

Still got the Russian guy and Scott Fraser tho 👍😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baxfee

Move on. No great loss 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Good. **** knows what our obsession with ex players is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good. **** knows what our obsession with ex players is

This 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Signing for Bristol Rovers

 

They have overspent by over £20 million in last 3/4 seasons but debt has now been cleared and they have backing for next season..check out their signings and will be worth an ante post bet for 20/21..new owner fever once more

Where did Bristol Rovers have so much money they "overspent" by by £20 million ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flow State
5 hours ago, Barack said:

Links with the Bank of Jordan.

 

Sure it'll all end perfectly well. These things always do.

 

Best of luck to Sam though, good part of the world to live & play.

Went down there last season for a Leeds away game, looked a brilliant place to live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
21 minutes ago, Flow State said:

Went down there last season for a Leeds away game, looked a brilliant place to live. 


Bristol? I drove through it once. Looked an utter shithole😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Barack said:

Links with the Bank of Jordan.

 

Sure it'll all end perfectly well. These things always do.

 

Best of luck to Sam though, good part of the world to live & play.

Its great, if you can get passed the fact everybody sounds like a pirate😊

Seriously though, its a nice place. Like most cities the outskirts are nothing special but lots of nice bits, great bars. 

However, its not big enough for 2 teams. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
9 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good. **** knows what our obsession with ex players is


agreed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its great, if you can get passed the fact everybody sounds like a pirate😊

Seriously though, its a nice place. Like most cities the outskirts are nothing special but lots of nice bits, great bars. 

However, its not big enough for 2 teams. 

Its population is bigger than Edinburgh.

 

Maybe you meant it isn't big enough for 2 big teams, just like Edinburgh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980
12 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Swing and a miss by Daza.

 

Between that and Nisbet and his clauses?

Has he got one right yet? Bet he told us Craigy G would sign an extension at Celtic

 

How long has he been heralded as ITK now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Its population is bigger than Edinburgh.

 

Maybe you meant it isn't big enough for 2 big teams, just like Edinburgh.

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion
Just now, davie1980 said:

 

Between that and Nisbet and his clauses?

Has he got one right yet? Bet he told us Craigy G would sign an extension at Celtic

 

How long has he been heralded as ITK now?

 

 

Think we can put the ITK chat to bed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flow State
7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:


Bristol? I drove through it once. Looked an utter shithole😀

Haha town centre wasn't great admittedly but there was a fantastic pub scene..... Great for me, possibly not for a professional footballer ✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...