Jump to content
willie wallace

Fans At Games

Recommended Posts

willie wallace

I have read a couple of articles recently regarding the possibility of fans being able to attend games from 23rd July.

Does not explain the details at the moment but it seems the SFA are quite confident.

Would this make any difference to the start of the championship(if that is where we end up)

The main hurdles  the teams faced were playing behind doors and testing costs but have now granted  assistance

with this.

I know leagues 1 and 2 have problems with player contracts but imagine the championship teams would be in a better position.

I have no idea if the admittance of fans would be an indication that player testing could be reduced.

The thought of other fans going to watch the their teams while we sit idle for nearly 4 months is too much to bear.

We will just have to win the case and get reinstated.✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One five
8 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I have read a couple of articles recently regarding the possibility of fans being able to attend games from 23rd July.

Does not explain the details at the moment but it seems the SFA are quite confident.

Would this make any difference to the start of the championship(if that is where we end up)

The main hurdles  the teams faced were playing behind doors and testing costs but have now granted  assistance

with this.

I know leagues 1 and 2 have problems with player contracts but imagine the championship teams would be in a better position.

I have no idea if the admittance of fans would be an indication that player testing could be reduced.

The thought of other fans going to watch the their teams while we sit idle for nearly 4 months is too much to bear.

We will just have to win the case and get reinstated.✌️

Sounds like a plan 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
willie wallace
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Celtic and the SRU big buddies now.

Wonder what's going on there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Locky

If people can sit in a pub or a cinema, I don't understand why people can't sit in an outdoor football stadium, even if at a reduced capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weebroon98

If fans are not getting into the EPL no danger are we getting fans in up here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

If people can sit in a pub or a cinema, I don't understand why people can't sit in an outdoor football stadium, even if at a reduced capacity.

 

Number of people involved perhaps? Even reduced would significant compared to those. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
55 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I have read a couple of articles recently regarding the possibility of fans being able to attend games from 23rd July.

Does not explain the details at the moment but it seems the SFA are quite confident.

Would this make any difference to the start of the championship(if that is where we end up)

The main hurdles  the teams faced were playing behind doors and testing costs but have now granted  assistance

with this.

I know leagues 1 and 2 have problems with player contracts but imagine the championship teams would be in a better position.

I have no idea if the admittance of fans would be an indication that player testing could be reduced.

The thought of other fans going to watch the their teams while we sit idle for nearly 4 months is too much to bear.

We will just have to win the case and get reinstated.✌️

Correct ! & f...k the spfl.!!!!!🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
willie wallace
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

If people can sit in a pub or a cinema, I don't understand why people can't sit in an outdoor football stadium, even if at a reduced capacity.

It's a strange one.I can only think it may be the amount of fans even with social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Locky
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Number of people involved perhaps? Even reduced would significant compared to those. 

 

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

It's a strange one.I can only think it may be the amount of fans even with social distancing.

Some countries in Europe have already started letting fans in but I understand it's big numbers here in some games. I'm not that fussed if we have to continue going without, but I just don't understand the logic in opening things like pubs and cinema's where dozens of people are sat coughing and spluttering in an enclosed space. And I'm a pub guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

If fans are not getting into the EPL no danger are we getting fans in up here. 

No fans at tyney this year  or any where else in scotland"    could be closed doors til March or so ? Chance won't be risked...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
14 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

No fans at tyney this year  or any where else in scotland"    could be closed doors til March or so ? Chance won't be risked...

 

Chances will be risked in England by the way they are rushing back to normality. We'll see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kila said:

 

Chances will be risked in England by the way they are rushing back to normality. We'll see.

 

True, but think they might run doing this .....rue even.....😁😁😁

Edited by Hectormasson
wrong spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

True, but think they might run doing this .....

 

Horse racing crowds will be back first I reckon. It'll be a reverse of how we locked down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
Just now, kila said:

 

Horse racing crowds will be back first I reckon. It'll be a reverse of how we locked down.

 

It's difficult to see if and when hearts  fans get back into tyney ????maybe use murrayfield from October for all home games ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo61
30 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

It's a strange one.I can only think it may be the amount of fans even with social distancing.

I think it may be the bottlenecks as folk arrive/ disperse/ urinate etc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hesh

There’s chat they might be looking to allow 1000 fans to the Edinburgh Glasgow Rugby matches at the end of August 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Lawell doesn’t have much power over the Scottish Government or Leitch, it will be October at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Celtic and the SRU big buddies now.

Wonder what's going on there?

They played three games there a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
3 hours ago, Locky said:

If people can sit in a pub or a cinema, I don't understand why people can't sit in an outdoor football stadium, even if at a reduced capacity.

Coz people are singing And Shouting at games ... also will be walking close to each other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

No fans at tyney this year  or any where else in scotland"    could be closed doors til March or so ? Chance won't be risked...

Probably sensible 

 

not worth the risk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach

I'll not be going anywhere until I'm allowed to forget about social distancing and 20000 are allowed back in Tynecastle 

 

Pubs reopening in England in Saturday, with screens, one way systems, table service, no drinking at the bar etc. I fully understand the reasons for all of this, but I go to a pub or the football to relax and forget about the cares of the world. I'm leaving it all until everything is sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Locky
7 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Coz people are singing And Shouting at games ... also will be walking close to each other 

People will be singing and shouting in pubs, and once a few pints deep, cuddling and all sorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
28 minutes ago, Locky said:

People will be singing and shouting in pubs, and once a few pints deep, cuddling and all sorts.


Electric dog collars that zap folk when they get too close to one another. Though some might make it a fetish. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
30 minutes ago, Locky said:

People will be singing and shouting in pubs, and once a few pints deep, cuddling and all sorts.

Yeh but music in pubs will be banned to begin with

and will be smaller groups of people together in pubs than at games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
savage
33 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I'll not be going anywhere until I'm allowed to forget about social distancing and 20000 are allowed back in Tynecastle 

 

Pubs reopening in England in Saturday, with screens, one way systems, table service, no drinking at the bar etc. I fully understand the reasons for all of this, but I go to a pub or the football to relax and forget about the cares of the world. I'm leaving it all until everything is sorted.

100% with you on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Locky said:

If people can sit in a pub or a cinema, I don't understand why people can't sit in an outdoor football stadium, even if at a reduced capacity.

correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crete

Peter Lowell should shut up and listen to Jason Leitch if he says no supporters in the grounds until October at the earliest then that’s who we listen to .🥰 Why rush fans into the grounds and regret it at a later date it’s not worth it health comes first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Locky
49 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Yeh but music in pubs will be banned to begin with

and will be smaller groups of people together in pubs than at games 

More famous well known bars probably will follow that, but I guarantee your run of the mill, local boozers will do no such thing. They'll let anyone in who wants in and the pubs will be packed. Like I said, I don't mind missing the football really, it just annoys me that there's situations which I think are worse than going to a football match that are deemed acceptable now. It's mental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
1 minute ago, Locky said:

More famous well known bars probably will follow that, but I guarantee your run of the mill, local boozers will do no such thing. They'll let anyone in who wants in and the pubs will be packed. Like I said, I don't mind missing the football really, it just annoys me that there's situations which I think are worse than going to a football match that are deemed acceptable now. It's mental.

 

Not sure about that. Many folks said that no smoking would be impossible to enforce, but in the main people just accepted it.

 

Not saying you're wrong, just that we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps football will follow if people prove that they can do the right thing in pubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
19 minutes ago, Crete said:

Peter Lowell should shut up and listen to Jason Leitch if he says no supporters in the grounds until October at the earliest then that’s who we listen to .🥰 Why rush fans into the grounds and regret it at a later date it’s not worth it health comes first.

 

I don't think I'll be bothering attending matches until things return to normal crowd wise. 

People have already shown they can't be trusted to observe social distancing by the behaviour at outdoor gatherings, protests, beaches and public parks etc. 

It will be more trouble and expense for clubs than its worth imo. 

Smaller clubs where its three men and a dug at the games might get away with it but bigger stadiums no chance imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SE16 3LN

3 Pubs near me in London have shut for good during the Lockdown. Hotels are under severe threat and an 80 bed hotel round the corner has just issued redundancy notices to all staff. I understand people's health concerns but many of your favourite places are not going to be around if they don't start taking money soon. Other pubs local to me have strict distancing measures in place and will begin opening on Saturday although some of the chains are staggering opening to see how it goes. Economically London is a basket case right and that obviously has severe consequences for the whole of the UK. If you're lucky enough to have an income, when local hospitality venues open, get along and spend some money. If you don't think its safe then leave.

 

In terms of football we all know that clubs will go to the wall, Wigan is just the first example. If people don't have jobs though, clubs will continue to suffer even after fans are back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

3 Pubs near me in London have shut for good during the Lockdown. Hotels are under severe threat and an 80 bed hotel round the corner has just issued redundancy notices to all staff. I understand people's health concerns but many of your favourite places are not going to be around if they don't start taking money soon. Other pubs local to me have strict distancing measures in place and will begin opening on Saturday although some of the chains are staggering opening to see how it goes. Economically London is a basket case right and that obviously has severe consequences for the whole of the UK. If you're lucky enough to have an income, when local hospitality venues open, get along and spend some money. If you don't think its safe then leave.

 

In terms of football we all know that clubs will go to the wall, Wigan is just the first example. If people don't have jobs though, clubs will continue to suffer even after fans are back.

 

Reading that, you're actually spot on.

 

I said earlier that I'm not arsed about going out until I can fully relax, but you're right, these places will need our business to survive.

 

I suspect that there'll be no shortage of customers to begin with. I'll see how things look in a couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tokyo Drifter
15 hours ago, been here before said:

Leitch, not being a member of the SFA or the SPFL boards, should be able to stand up to Lawell. As an aside, it's interesting how desperate Celtic are to have paying fans at their games. There was a Europe-wide report recently which showed that the "big" clubs most likely to be affected by fan bans are the Ugly Sisters. Pleasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David McCaig

When crowds are allowed back in, on a socially distanced basis... how long will it take for non-compliance by the Green Brigade to ruin it for everyone and force games BCD again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ
Posted (edited)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53192066

 

Seating plan for a cinema and how seating could work

 

Shows we could get 5000 approx in under distancing rules...the only issue is the costs meeting the number of people who could attend

 

If it is 1m there may be more depending on how you configure the seating plan

 

And of course football is outside and as we are told that helps

 

An example below

 

In Copenhagen, up to 10,500 fans will be able into Parken, Denmark's largest stadium which can hold 38,000, FC Copenhagen club communications manager Jes Mortensen told AFP on Tuesday.

Edited by CJGJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zen Jambo
8 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'll not be going anywhere until I'm allowed to forget about social distancing and 20000 are allowed back in Tynecastle 

 

Pubs reopening in England in Saturday, with screens, one way systems, table service, no drinking at the bar etc. I fully understand the reasons for all of this, but I go to a pub or the football to relax and forget about the cares of the world. I'm leaving it all until everything is sorted.

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53192066

 

Seating plan for a cinema and how seating could work

 

Shows we could get 5000 approx in under distancing rules...the only issue is the costs meeting the number of people who could attend

 

If it is 1m there may be more depending on how you configure the seating plan

 

And of course football is outside and as we are told that helps

 

An example below

 

In Copenhagen, up to 10,500 fans will be able into Parken, Denmark's largest stadium which can hold 38,000, FC Copenhagen club communications manager Jes Mortensen told AFP on Tuesday.

It’s a maximum of 5k if it’s 1 metre, if it’s 2 metres it’s 1 person per TWELVE seats. People from the same household might help swell the numbers as this link shows in the 2nd diagram where groups sit together. Toilets will be a problem and getting in to the seats whilst keeping one or two metres apart. How do we decide who can go, loyalty points of those that are up for going?
It can be done but there’s a hell of a lot of work to go on beforehand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
9 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'll not be going anywhere until I'm allowed to forget about social distancing and 20000 are allowed back in Tynecastle 

 

Pubs reopening in England in Saturday, with screens, one way systems, table service, no drinking at the bar etc. I fully understand the reasons for all of this, but I go to a pub or the football to relax and forget about the cares of the world. I'm leaving it all until everything is sorted.

That's exactly what happened here initially and my reaction was identical to you.  You virtually had to put your hand up to ask permission to go for a piss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a maximum of 5k if it’s 1 metre, if it’s 2 metres it’s 1 person per TWELVE seats. People from the same household might help swell the numbers as this link shows in the 2nd diagram where groups sit together. Toilets will be a problem and getting in to the seats whilst keeping one or two metres apart. How do we decide who can go, loyalty points of those that are up for going?
It can be done but there’s a hell of a lot of work to go on beforehand. 

I know there are difficulties but why are cinemas allowed to open then ?

 

Inside so less safe..same issues re seating/toilets

 

Once again no logic not to allow football to have fans...you can get approx 25% of fans in the ground if we apply the same rules as cinemas are going to undertake..and that is a fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
henryheart
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I know there are difficulties but why are cinemas allowed to open then ?

 

Inside so less safe..same issues re seating/toilets

 

Once again no logic not to allow football to have fans...you can get approx 25% of fans in the ground if we apply the same rules as cinemas are going to undertake..and that is a fact.

 

Indeed. I am struggling to understand the so called logic of what is and isn't allowed these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stirlo

The very idea of allowing fans at games at the same time they're saying face-masks in shops are compulsory is patently ridiculous. Let's face it, allowing fans back to football matches should be way down the list of priorities. As has been pointed out many times, maintaining social distancing in the stands is the easy part. It's the communal areas  and fans getting to and from the games that is the probably the bigger issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Liewell will be worried and rightly so that the ceptic players will underperform without the sound of morons singing songs about foreign  terrorists in the background 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

I can't see it happening any time soon, definitely not this year.

 

South Korea have shelved plans to allow fans in after recent local outbreaks. Japan was also looking at late August but due to local Tokyo outbreak today, they likely wont even revisit the option til September.

 

These countries are miles ahead of the UK in terms of managing the virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
13 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'll not be going anywhere until I'm allowed to forget about social distancing and 20000 are allowed back in Tynecastle 

 

Pubs reopening in England in Saturday, with screens, one way systems, table service, no drinking at the bar etc. I fully understand the reasons for all of this, but I go to a pub or the football to relax and forget about the cares of the world. I'm leaving it all until everything is sorted.

perfectly put 👏 thats my outlook also .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12XU

First Celtic v Rangers game behind closed doors

Pubs open in Glasgow showing the game live

Live carnage in the City Centre

Nap

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

I dont get how they can fairly let fans in under a reduced capacity.

Say for example an old firm game. Many season ticket holders are going to be unable to attend their biggest Home match on the season. 

 

How do they cater to families? Under 11s no longer need to social distance but what about teens? Will they do it by luck of the draw ballot where if you are lucky 1 ST in a household gets to go. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I know there are difficulties but why are cinemas allowed to open then ?

 

Inside so less safe..same issues re seating/toilets

 

Once again no logic not to allow football to have fans...you can get approx 25% of fans in the ground if we apply the same rules as cinemas are going to undertake..and that is a fact.

It’s a fair point, no shouting or singing in cinemas I suppose, or drunk football fans that can’t behave. 
Ive been watching Norwegian games and their fans haven’t been distancing. Then there was the Danish game detailed in the link above. Frustratingly enough Rugby fans will be trusted before us, due to the reputation of scum like the uglies and their revolting fans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...