Green

Alan_R

Is it just me or do any fellow jambos avoid the colour green?

My mrs brought in new tooth brushes the other day, pack of two- green and pink. Ive never used a green toothbrush in my life i told her, Im not about to start now! so she said I could choose... green or pink... thats like asking which hand would you rather get cut off if you had to choose. I'll be buying my own toothbrush tomorrow.:)

Goose Baxter

My mrs brought in new tooth brushes the other day, pack of two- green and pink. Ive never used a green toothbrush in my life i told her, Im not about to start now! so she said I could choose... green or pink... thats like asking which hand would you rather get cut off if you had to choose. I'll be buying my own toothbrush tomorrow.:)

I am the same as you Alan, i dont use Green pens, eat green sweets, dont eat peas & my mrs got me a green toothbrush as well and it got binned straight away.

When will they ever learn?

Yip, that's the biggest conern I've got,the colour GREEN!! :rolleyes:

I've got Hun mates, they're exactly the same...;)

Doctor FinnBarr

I,ve got a green travel tooth-brush, but when you see the gunk that goes into my mouth when I,m away you just wouldn,t wish it on a maroon one!

:rofl:

When my sister got married 8 years ago she decided she wanted me to wear a green bridesmaid dress. I refused told her where to go and I ended up wearing maroon. There was no chance of me wearing green, didn't particularly want to wear maroon, just worked out that way.

The Future's Maroon

yep me too, I ask the shopkeeper to change the lighter if he tries to hand me a green one, I dont own any clothes which are green?

In my old house the other half bought a green shower cutrain - never got put up?!

I hate it - quiet sad, but thats the way it is?!

My Northern Ireland tops are green.

I might have a green United 'keepers top.

Thats the extent I'd stretch to.

I've got my 3 yr old son referring to green as "stinky green".

The Bread Knife was not best chuffed at this piece of harmless indoctrination.

I've got my 3 yr old son referring to green as "stinky green".

The Bread Knife was not best chuffed at this piece of harmless indoctrination.

I have a friend who does not threaten his toddler with the naughty step but tells him if he's bad he will make him wear a hibs top.

I have a friend who does not threaten his toddler with the naughty step but tells him if he's bad he will make him wear a hibs top.

Genius!

...and noted!

scottish_chicP

I usually avoid green at all costs but I bought a green dress for my 21st 2 years ago because I loved it and everytime someone came into my party I got the same "why are you wearing that!?"

kannymann1

This is a very childish thread........

I utterly and wholeheartedly refute the suggestion that on Thursday, July 3rd at "Asda" stores in the town of Dunbar, I stuck my fingers in a Hobo birthday cake and wiggled them around. I did not take part in this barbaric act: it was not me............Just because it had green and white icing and stuff did not compel me to behave so fiendishly........

It was also too sweet

Professor.Arturo

Always avoid green! buy a throwaway lighter I tell them "any colour except green"

Having said that, I always buy green toilet paper :)

FERRYABROAD
Always avoid green! buy a throwaway lighter I tell them "any colour except green"

Having said that, I always buy green toilet paper :)

Me too on both counts !

The current fashion for green golf gear gets right on my thrupnies as well.

hmfc_steve

never eat green sweets, refuse green lighters, don't own any green clothes.... in fact for as long as I can remember, I've tried not to let my bare feet walk on green grass

It's irrational, childish and very, very silly.

Just at lunchtime today I was standing in shop with a lovely half-price linen jacket in a colour that I've been told would suit me. I swithered for two minutes, then said "I just can't...." and hung it back up.

You can take it too far, though. You know how chopping boards in restaurant/hotel kitchens have to be colour coded? I know a hun hotel owner who actually doesn't have a green one.........

Whether it's a Hibs thing or superstition or just that it's a minging colour, I don't have any green clothes and haven't since I was a boy. Same goes for toothbrushes etc, I even object to using the green pieces when I play board games with my son.

Malcolm Tucker

Same here! I only have one t-shirt with one letter that is green and that's it!

I was in the same situation as the OP as well, choose pink or green. I now brush my teeth with the finest pink toothbrush there is!

Pete Seeger

I have a green car, couple of green t-shirts, a green lighter and green bogeys. Yet I can still live safe in the knoledge that I hate Hibs.

Craigieboy

Never touch the colour.

It's a symbol of everything that is wrong with Edinburgh.

Teach the kids the same.

Ban it.

Ashamed to admit i have a green car. But when 'chaffed' about it by h++s mates, i simply reply it cost a couple of thousand quid less than a 'maroon' one!

ps, It was the wife who picked it!

Archived