Jump to content
Scottie Wanshot.

Pereira.

Recommended Posts

He Who Cannot Be Named

It seems there were many different forces at work to make sure we were bottom of the league when the lockdown came into effect. Hamiltons remarkable 6 point turnaround and someone getting inside Joels head were just 2 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottie Wanshot.
On 01/07/2020 at 10:59, merrymac said:

Can't remember what game it was now but he actually dived out of the way of the shot.

Have seen some bad goalies in my time, but never seen one do that before.

SO WHY WAS HE BEING PLAYED BY STENDEL. that's the mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merrymac
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

SO WHY WAS HE BEING PLAYED BY STENDEL. that's the mystery.

Contractual has been suggested.

Or maybe" he is with Man Utd so he must be good" ,despite all the evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
4 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

SO WHY WAS HE BEING PLAYED BY STENDEL. that's the mystery.


the million dollar question. It was apparent to all the young lads confidence was smashed to pieces (not even mentioning his lack of ability).  To play a keeper who was not be able to save the most basic of shots whilst playing a system which beggered belief and it was suicide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
10 hours ago, merrymac said:

Contractual has been suggested.

Or maybe" he is with Man Utd so he must be good" ,despite all the evidence.

 

Stendel said it was not contractual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26

i feel stendel persisted with him because he was the best of the three with the ball at his feet. With the exception of his lack of ability to save shots he was better for playing out from the back compared to doyle and zlamal. He must have felt that this outweighed the amount of goals being conceeded.

 

The thing is if he had dropped periera sooned for zlamal or even doyle i think we would have more points to be safe. i reckon we would have been in 9th or 10th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smoked-Glass

I really don't think zimal was that bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i feel stendel persisted with him because he was the best of the three with the ball at his feet. With the exception of his lack of ability to save shots he was better for playing out from the back compared to doyle and zlamal. He must have felt that this outweighed the amount of goals being conceeded.

 

The thing is if he had dropped periera sooned for zlamal or even doyle i think we would have more points to be safe. i reckon we would have been in 9th or 10th

Nailed it. Stendel was all about his system or style of play. By the time he realised keeping the ball out the net wasn’t Pereira’s cup of tea it was already too late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...