Lapland

Pele_Is_God

Pele_Is_God

Looking to take my nephew to Lapland in the next couple of years. How easy is it to get there from Edinburgh? What are the prices like when you get there? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Took the grandkids for the day December 2018, bloody brilliant. Thomsons/Tui fly direct from Edinburgh, only takes about two and half hours. You are allocated times to do the main things but you can do what you want as well. Lunch was included.  Thomsons staff were brilliant. It was quite expensive, you don't need to spend a lot of money once you are there. Did try a shot in the ice bar with ice glasses, bit pricey 5 shots were 40 euros.

Ron Burgundy

Took the two boys about 12 years ago for 3 nights to Rovaniemi. Had to fly from Manchester.

It cost a bomb but feck me it was magical.

On the bus from the airport to the hotel we stopped off at what looked like a disused Ice Rink and were given hats, gloves, goggles boots and a big ski suit thing.Everything you needed.

Midnight husky sled run through the forest, reindeer sleds, snow mobile rides and a big kids xmas party in a huge lodge deep in the forest with Santa arriving on a proper reindeer sled.

I nipped outside for a smoke and could feel the hairs in my nose freeze instantly and my jeans were like cardboard when I went back in.

It is massively expensive but something you do once in a lifetime.