Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Section Q

James Anderson donation........

Recommended Posts

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

 I thought this money was aimed at clubs likely to struggle during the virus crisis. I wasn't aware Celtic and Rangers had also applied for help.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53148474

 

As long as the community criteria were met then all 42 clubs could apply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

 

As long as the community criteria were met then all 42 clubs could apply

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

 

 

Aye, it's a funny one. 

 

It's his money tho, and maybe he's a football guy and likes to help the sport he loves? 

 

Maybe it's our ace card to play  if we get to court and go bawz deep on the good faith/ treat all members fairly part of our membership terms and to prove Ann has shown this attitude despite other clubs being hateful, bitter tramps. 

 

Maybe a bit of both, maybe neither. 

Like you it's a guessing game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Aye, it's a funny one. 

 

It's his money tho, and maybe he's a football guy and likes to help the sport he loves? 

 

Maybe it's our ace card to play  if we get to court and go bawz deep on the good faith/ treat all members fairly part of our membership terms and to prove Ann has shown this attitude despite other clubs being hateful, bitter tramps. 

 

Maybe a bit of both, maybe neither. 

Like you it's a guessing game. 

 

 

Indeed it is. 

 

If it was me, I'd be giving my cash to only the Hearts and laughing so much my sphincter would explode as some of these cockwombles went doon the Desperate Dan. 

 

Sadly, my pension pot doesn't go that far.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

 

The money has not been donated on the behalf of Hearts, it has nothing to do with us other than the person who donated it has links to us.

 

Definitely not Hearts giving money to the clubs who have tried to shaft us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Indeed it is. 

 

If it was me, I'd be giving my cash to only the Hearts and laughing so much my sphincter would explode as some of these cockwombles went doon the Desperate Dan. 

 

Sadly, my pension pot doesn't go that far.....

 

I'd be on that page too. 

 

Tbh, if I had his money I'd already be dead. 

I'd Likley have bought a club and bankrupted it, contracted several Std's and Likley found dead in a hotel suite covered in cocaine, lipstick, seminal fluid, urine, a zoo animal and a gluttony of fizzy cola bottles and haribo's in a bath tub with a dog collar on. 

 

Good thing I'm not rich, he's obviously a better man than most!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

 

The money has not been donated on the behalf of Hearts, it has nothing to do with us other than the person who donated it has links to us.

 

Definitely not Hearts giving money to the clubs who have tried to shaft us.

 

Yes, I'm fully aware of that fact. I'm not a feckin complete idiot.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brux
26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

Its not hearts who are donating, its Anderson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Yes, I'm fully aware of that fact. I'm not a feckin complete idiot.....

 

Quote:

 

Quote

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

Just saying  🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I'd be on that page too. 

 

Tbh, if I had his money I'd already be dead. 

I'd Likley have bought a club and bankrupted it, contracted several Std's and Likley found dead in a hotel suite covered in cocaine, lipstick, seminal fluid, urine, a zoo animal and a gluttony of fizzy cola bottles and haribo's in a bath tub with a dog collar on. 

 

Good thing I'm not rich, he's obviously a better man than most!

 

 

 

Sounds like a normal Saturday night in Clouds back in the 70's. 

 

I'll never understand how the 3rd floor disco (Ziggy's) didn't collapse because I swear the floor moved. Or maybe it was the alcohol....  

 

:kirk:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

I think if he had only offered the money to clubs backing hearts it would have then looked like a bribe which he couldn't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
3 minutes ago, brux said:

Its not hearts who are donating, its Anderson

 

Jesus H Christ. I feckin know it isn't....

 

Feck me. When did I say Hearts were donating ? Get a grip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think if he had only offered the money to clubs backing hearts it would have then looked like a bribe which he couldn't have.

 

At last, a sensible reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

If we lose the court case (which hopefully we won’t) then this will all look pretty baffling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think if he had only offered the money to clubs backing hearts it would have then looked like a bribe which he couldn't have.

 

 

He could have, it's his money he could give it to who he wants or not. 

 

I agree tho, this way looks much better and tbh maybe it's what he wanted, to help all communities. 

 

He's obviously a genuine, nice bloke that likes football. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff

Guy support hearts

guy supports the future of the game in the country.

 

Guy wants to donate to both.  
 

Don’t agree, **** the rest but god bless the kind soul of James Anderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

In this instance you are being a bit of a plank. Sorry for calling you a plank.

The good Friday resolution most of these clubs has a gun held to their heads. I personally dont blame most of them voting for the resolution due to the way it was presented to them.

Now they should have voted for reconstruction but, I'm not sure they fully understood the repercussions of not voting it through.

All league 1 and 2 and perharps the majority of championships clubs cannot afford the money for Caronavirus testing, so when someone offers to pay for it for you, you are not going to say no. Again I dont blame them for doing so.

The so called big clubs were entitled to apply and have done so and are spending the money via their club charities, which in Hearts case I would guess this will be Big Hearts.

Now after the court case has been done and dusted, we will as a club start playing football again. You cant play if there is no-one to play against. I dont want to see any professional club die, but with the exception of a few, none of them will see my hard earned at their grounds.

I will be boycotting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

He could have, it's his money he could give it to who he wants or not. 

 

I agree tho, this way looks much better and tbh maybe it's what he wanted, to help all communities. 

 

He's obviously a genuine, nice bloke that likes football. 

 

 

Yeah, he certainly is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC01
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

At last, a sensible reply. 

 

Since you mention sensible!  :)  The money given takes away anyway qualms they had before about ending the season because of money concerns.  Although they had an incline they would receive the money during the latter of reconstructions, they still voted inappropriately (in my opinion).

 

Now there is no qualms about money, only just, they can now,  if possibly,  vote with a clearer conscience.  Saying that, I still think in my opinion most of them are 💩's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

In this instance you are being a bit of a plank. Sorry for calling you a plank.

The good Friday resolution most of these clubs has a gun held to their heads. I personally dont blame most of them voting for the resolution due to the way it was presented to them.

Now they should have voted for reconstruction but, I'm not sure they fully understood the repercussions of not voting it through.

All league 1 and 2 and perharps the majority of championships clubs cannot afford the money for Caronavirus testing, so when someone offers to pay for it for you, you are not going to say no. Again I dont blame them for doing so.

The so called big clubs were entitled to apply and have done so and are spending the money via their club charities, which in Hearts case I would guess this will be Big Hearts.

Now after the court case has been done and dusted, we will as a club start playing football again. You cant play if there is no-one to play against. I dont want to see any professional club die, but with the exception of a few, none of them will see my hard earned at their grounds.

I will be boycotting.

 

 

No worries about calling me a plank, John. I've been called a lot worse. 

 

A well thought out reply, some of which I agree with, some of which I don't, particularly when it comes to certain clubs not existing after this is over. 

 

Maybe you're right. They survive, play us and we ram it up them on the park.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

No worries about calling me a plank, John. I've been called a lot worse. 

 

A well thought out reply, some of which I agree with, some of which I don't, particularly when it comes to certain clubs not existing after this is over. 

 

Maybe you're right. They survive, play us and we ram it up them on the park.

 

 

Football is still a game. Ask yourself this question. After we have beaten the Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian, Rangers, how do you feel?  In the future, how are you going to feel when we ram the Hamilton, Ross County and St Mirren on the park. I bet you ****ing tremendous. I know I'm going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairneyhill Jambo

So Rangers spend £3m on Hagi and are looking for handouts? Aye???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

So Rangers spend £3m on Hagi and are looking for handouts? Aye???


Ridiculous innit. I respect Anderson for putting his money forward but if the court case goes the SPFL’s way, we’ll have played this hand very badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Ann Budge introduced him. It was within her last Reconstruction proposal.

 

So it is relevant to the background and integrity of our court case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarthVodka

I dont think the JA money should have went anywhere near any of the top flight clubs.  Should have been shared from Championship downwards*

 

 

*except Dundee :biggrin2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

At last, a sensible reply. 

Jesus so passive aggresive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B.S.

Mr Anderson as a Hearts shareholder has shown he is trying to protect his investment in Scottish football by providing cash that can be used for covid testing for all clubs.  It is making the point that the SPFL have Damaged his investment by not protecting all clubs as per their remit.  This in my opinion helps any possible court case.  A very clever move in these circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gizmo
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

No worries about calling me a plank, John. I've been called a lot worse. 

 

A well thought out reply, some of which I agree with, some of which I don't, particularly when it comes to certain clubs not existing after this is over. 

 

Maybe you're right. They survive, play us and we ram it up them on the park.

 

 


If ONE single thing good comes out of this, I hope it is that we have fomented a seething sense of injustice, discared any fanciful notions of being rivals on the park, business colleagues off the park and make it our mission statement to see every single club we play as vermin and ourselves as Rentokill. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Class of 75
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

Totally agree. Can't get my head around it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paolo
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

The money was unconditional.  
 

I guess it is his money, so he makes the rules.  
 

if it was me, it most certainly would be conditional.   They could behave like arseholes, or they could have the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

The money donated isn't for clubs to continue operating, it's either for Covid testing to get football started again or to ensure that each clubs charitable/community work i.e the likes of Big Hearts isn't mothballed due to covid. We could still easily see clubs go under but due to Anderson their community projects can continue for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simmo
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Jesus H Christ. I feckin know it isn't....

 

Feck me. When did I say Hearts were donating ? Get a grip.

Calm down, Jonno. Not like you to get so uptight about one or two JKB lads who only highlighted the situation. I'm also a we e bit upset that a lot of these clubs don't deserve any money after the way they treated us but...it is his money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
1 minute ago, Simmo said:

Calm down, Jonno. Not like you to get so uptight about one or two JKB lads who only highlighted the situation. I'm also a we e bit upset that a lot of these clubs don't deserve any money after the way they treated us but...it is his money.

 

Yeah I know, and I genuinely apologise to anyone I was a bit sharp with earlier.

 

Getting grumpy and need out for a pint.

 

Sorry folks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

The new donation announced today is only for clubs with associated charities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Yeah I know, and I genuinely apologise to anyone I was a bit sharp with earlier.

 

Getting grumpy and need out for a pint.

 

Sorry folks. 

You dont need a pint 

Just compose a prose for the neighbours. You will feel much better for it.

Edited by John Findlay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

I'm guessing we will be happy on Tuesday Jonno and a court will make a decision that allows the SPFL off the hook. 

 

Perhaps the gift would have looked too much like a bribe. This is the road taken since the SPFL have admitted this week the rules need changing for 2021

 

I'm backing Lord Clark to solve it all. 

 

I love a conspiracy theory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech

I think the really interesting thing with this donation was Ann being the middlewoman means that she was instumental in taking the pressure off some of the wee clubs financially in this crisis, even to the detriment of her own reconstruction proposal perhaps... Ann can demonstrate that she has done everything possible to try to steer a fair course but the SPFL Board and members have not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Ridiculous innit. I respect Anderson for putting his money forward but if the court case goes the SPFL’s way, we’ll have played this hand very badly.

 

"We'll have" 

 

It's his money to do as he chooses. 

 

He's given us money and now given to ever football community across Scotland. 

 

There is nothing that he has played badly. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

"We'll have" 

 

It's his money to do as he chooses. 

 

He's given us money and now given to ever football community across Scotland. 

 

There is nothing that he has played badly. 

 

 

 

If Leagues One and Two start with 10 clubs each in October that's down to James Anderson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

If Leagues One and Two start with 10 clubs each in October that's down to James Anderson. 

 

Yip, and that's obviously why he helped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

 

🤷‍♂️

 

It would require morals to take the money and do the right thing. These unscrupulous ***** couldn't care less. 

 

Side note: Something seems iffy Celtic (and others) taking the money and giving it to their charity. I think because its a charity there is a belief that it can't be criticised but that money was ring fenced for a specific purpose. To assist clubs struggling to manage Covid testing costs (right?), so they should really be either leaving the money if they don't need it so it can be redistributed to further assist clubs or used for the intended purpose. If they want to donate to their charity, then by all means do that with their own money. JA is a well known philanthropist, I'm sure if asked he'd be happy to support their charities directly. They have numerous wealthy fans who could help support the charity too. 

 

To be clear, I'm not criticising a charitable donation, just that it was given for the specific purpose in a time of great financial struggle for clubs. It seems disingenuous to take from the pot simply to take from the pot which seems to be what they've done. I.e we're entitled to so we will. There are numerous clubs at Championship and League 1 level who are really struggling, hence the mothball discussion and Championship kicking off late. That money could have been redistributed to support these clubs. 

 

I'm not trying to sound like the grinch btw, charity is charity but I think the point stands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j1964m

No club in the top fight should be getting any of the money it’s not right it should go to the lower leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT
2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

No club in the top fight should be getting any of the money it’s not right it should go to the lower leagues

 

When it was first announced my reading of it was to support the Championship downwards. A gesture to help support the clubs forgotten about by the SPFL. It seems to have been warped into all clubs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

Another £1.25m from one of James pals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
complete control
52 minutes ago, j1964m said:

No club in the top fight should be getting any of the money it’s not right it should go to the lower leagues

Bang on mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

"We'll have" 

 

It's his money to do as he chooses. 

 

He's given us money and now given to ever football community across Scotland. 

 

There is nothing that he has played badly. 

 

 


We literally put him forward. Budge made his offer for him. Away and rewatch the Hobos cup win Tosh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


We literally put him forward. Budge made his offer for him. Away and rewatch the Hobos cup win Tosh.

Aye and it's his money he can do what he wants with it. 

 

Obviously a lovely, enlightened chap, not a  bitter and  twisted individual, whether you or me don't like it doesn't matter it's his money to do as he wishes. 

 

Away and talk about hibs winning the cup on another forum. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q

It's interesting that every club in the league chose to accept free money, and it could well be the gift that saves some of them from extinction. And yet they didn't give a flying f..k about voting to send us broke.....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...