Mitchell released by Man Utd

Section Q

2 hours ago, Pagey said:

Was he not being "converted" from winger to play left back by/at Man U? Maybe now he's free to go where he wants, he'll also prefer to play further forward. IMO probably a better idea as not that good a defender. 

Yes, Man Utd started that crap with Giggs I think as he was retiring, it worked with him.  I think Mitchel would progress if he was just an out and out winger.  Get him back to his natural skillset.  I'd sign him.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Section Q

RustyRightPeg

Not sure I'd have him back. Would rather have the lad Hamilton who previously played for Hutchie Vale who was released by them. 

Leveins Battalion

There a decent left back available to us from Ayr Utd.Daniel Harvie, Scotland under 21 international.

Did we have to play him at left back as part of the loan deal?  I think he could be better deployed further forward which is his natural position was it not?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Big time Charlie, this reality check will do him no harm. 

No sure how you come to that conclusion 

Ricardo Shillyshally

Hard to judge any player properly when anyone with any semblanceof ability was turned into absolute  dug shite by our coaches and management

Of the two I’d take Ethan Hamilton, a local lad who was highly rated at Hutchison Vale and Man Utd, there is No shame in being released from Old Trafford

Edited by jbee647

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Awful defender.

His form reflected that of the team.

One reason why opposition  teams would attack down Hearts' left flank.

merseyjambo

Mitchell as a left back is a no from me.

Hamilton could be more interesting. Wanderers fan I work with speaks highly of him 

Psychedelicropcircle
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

100% take him back and stick him left wing.

This ^ never a defender & hopefully can get back to being a winger wherever he ends up!

Rick Sanchez

I couldn't have been more buzzing when he came back for his second spell and couldn't have been more disappointed in his performances. I would rather do in a different direction.

Can see him down in League One, which is about our level. Salford maybe.

Portable Badger
33 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There a decent left back available to us from Ayr Utd.Daniel Harvie, Scotland under 21 international.

Not personally aware of him.   Interested to understand the “available to us” comment - does he want to come to us?

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Remember those great crosses, the wonderful goals etc? No me neither. They guy will be looking for way more than we can pay. His attitude in his last loan was awful, didn’t give a shit. Man U can **** off with sending us dross like him and Perriera, add Man City and Liverpool in too.

This.  Billy big spuds.

These guys get too much money too young and think they've made it.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, jamborich said:

No sure how you come to that conclusion 

The way he swanned about not giving a ****, I sat in row 5 in the new stand and get a close up view. Couldn’t care less after Naisy slaughtered him for being awful in the first half against livi. Didn’t want to come back up here. Another injury prone LB on good wages is not what we need.

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Did we have to play him at left back as part of the loan deal?  I think he could be better deployed further forward which is his natural position was it not?

He wasn’t any good at that position which is why Man U moved him back. Seemed afraid to go outside his man. 

Greedy Jambo

It depends what way you look at it, wages to talent ratio etc. 

I mean, he's got more talent and potential than any of our players at the same sort of age imo (he's 23) 

I would sign him at the right price. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Such a great start such a disappointing end

Young lad,  lost form and couldn't recover it.  Lots of potential but our seasoned pros were letting us all down.  Must have been hard for the younger players.  Makes Hickies form all the more impressive mind you. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Young lad,  lost form and couldn't recover it.  Lots of potential but our seasoned pros were letting us all down.  Must have been hard for the younger players.  Makes Hickies form all the more impressive mind you. 

Thought Mitchell ultimately lacked heart and responsibility. 

His red card at Pittodrie showed real lack of character 

Ironically he'd probably have fitted into Stendel's system well.

Would imagine he'd be higher end of the wage bill and since he wasn't nearly as effective second time round I'd be inclined to say no, but it's a hard one because he looked phenomenal at times first time round.

Fun fact Both goals he scored for Hearts were on the same day, same stadium, same competition (and round) to make it 2-0 in games,  1 year apart and at different ends of the ground 

St Johnstone 3-0 10-2-18

Auchinleck 4-0 10-2-19

48 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Worth a punt. He was excellent in his first spell. Don’t know how went so wrong when he came back

I think it was due to a average ability teamed up with a lack of drive and heart

Another Connor Randall type..just not good enough for big club and who was kept on as 3rd choice cover just because they can afford to keep him for a season or two

Get him back and play him up front, there's a player in there and young enough to earn the club some dosh when they sell him on in a couple of years.

2 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Fun fact Both goals he scored for Hearts were on the same day, same stadium, same competition (and round) to make it 2-0 in games,  1 year apart and at different ends of the ground 

St Johnstone 3-0 10-2-18

Auchinleck 4-0 10-2-19

Incredible to think how much our team has changed from that first game in the video to now. Lafferty, Djoum, Adao, McLaughlin, Callachan, Mitchell all gone with Berra out on loan and McDonald hardly playing.

flatter to deceive , comes to mind. Another who apparently became a cult hero or some sort of saviour like Washington prior to returning from injury

We played him lm in front of Garucio Against St Mirren (I think) and the two of them were superb, ripped them apart. Then the team got changed, as it always did, and we didn't do that again. It was when Levein was chopping and changing between 442, and 352 on a weekly basis.

When all our forwards then got injured (except McLean, who I don't count), Demi should've played up front.

Then he goosed his knee.

I'd def have him back. If he's injury free.

Phil D. Corners

Was great in his first spell with the club and I was surprised and delighted we got him back the next season. However after a few games he went completely off the boil and I think he was forgotten about by the end of the season. 

I would rather look at someone new. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I thought he was very overstated. OK for his first month, shite for the rest of his time here.

11 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

We needed a left back.....

bigsuperslim1874
12 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Few good Scottish lads out of contract down south,Murray Wallace and Lewis MacLeod.👍

Some decent lads at the bottom of the Championship/League 1 in the 20-26 age range.A market that we have been missing out on maybe

🤷‍♂️

Not that it means THAT much, but I’m sure Wallace is a Jambo? We could do with having a Wallace in the team to annoy the Hobos! 😂

Ibrahim Tall

To be honest, I thought it looked like he lost his hunger for ‘making it’ after he got crocked the first time round with us. Even his social media made it look like he was more interested in ‘fashion’ than anything else.

lost in space

Mitchell - awful full back. Average (at best) wing back or winger.  He may improve now that he must realise he is never going to be an EPL player. A gamble not worth taking.

Clearly never a defender in a million years but even going forward he didn't look like a Man Utd player. 

Not for me. 

the general
16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I would certainly be interested in taking Hamilton. He is a very good player.

He was at Hutchie and played in the same team as Sean McKirdy and Regan Hendry, but was the best of the three.

McKirdy came to Hearts and is now with Kelty, while Hendry went to Celtic and is now at Raith Rovers.  Hendry actually played a pre season with Hearts U16s, before being lured by the green pound..

He almost signed for Aberdeen last year.Man U could not make up their mind what to do with him ... one minute refusing to loan him out as they thought he was close to first team bench then sending him to Southend which he hated. Lazy senior pros and horrid place for a young guy to stay.

Even after being released, his wage demands will be out of our reach.  He'll get a lower half Championship, or upper half League 1 team on Man United's reputation, and still rake in more than any of our players in wages. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I think it was due to a average ability teamed up with a lack of drive and heart

Another Connor Randall type..just not good enough for big club and who was kept on as 3rd choice cover just because they can afford to keep him for a season or two

I can't think of a more opposite player to Randall. 

Randall was full of heart, drive and solid defensively but poor going forward and generally limited technically. 

Mitchell was actually very good technically, fast, good going forward but defensively a bit niave. He was also a bit timid.

Opinions I suppose but I find the comparison a bit ridiculous. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Even after being released, his wage demands will be out of our reach.  He'll get a lower half Championship, or upper half League 1 team on Man United's reputation, and still rake in more than any of our players in wages. 

League 1's average wage is around £70k, we can compete with most league 1 sides easily. 

I agree tho, Likley get a decent gig somewhere else. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

13 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Hard to judge any player properly when anyone with any semblanceof ability was turned into absolute  dug shite by our coaches and management

This.

Seemed a great player when he started his first stint. Got a bad injury. Came back and was utter dug shite!

He had the ability but seemed to get it "coached" out of him somehow!

Ex member of the SaS
13 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I am reluctant to slate any player who didn't perform under the last regime. However much I like Robbie I am fearful he will be too much like Levein. Hopefully he will bring the winning streak like he did in the Championship. Reports from Dundee seen to suggest too much hoof ball, we will have to wait and see.

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

League 1's average wage is around £70k, we can compete with most league 1 sides easily. 

I agree tho, Likley get a decent gig somewhere else. 

I think he'll end up somewhere on around £8,000pw without much hassle.

Definitely not the sort of money we should be spending, and definitely not in that area of the pitch.

If we could work out something around the £3k mark, then fine, but I doubt he would move for that sort of money.

I'd never heard of the other kid released Ethan Hamilton, so here's one of the infamous YouTube videos. 

I know you can't judge a player etc. 

But has a bit of everything by the look of it. 

Most impressive thing is that he is a hell of a unit for 21yrs old. 

For me definitely the kind of prospect that's worth a contract

the sub goalie
2 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I'd never heard of the other kid released Ethan Hamilton, so here's one of the infamous YouTube videos. 

I know you can't judge a player etc. 

But has a bit of everything by the look of it. 

Most impressive thing is that he is a hell of a unit for 21yrs old. 

For me definitely the kind of prospect that's worth a contract

Agreed.  For me the type of player we will hopefully be looking at.

It is not only academy players that we should hope to sell on for profit, a couple of good years at Hearts could well see him move back down south for a fee.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I think he'll end up somewhere on around £8,000pw without much hassle.

Definitely not the sort of money we should be spending, and definitely not in that area of the pitch.

If we could work out something around the £3k mark, then fine, but I doubt he would move for that sort of money.

Yip, Likley. 

9 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

No way we could be able to afford this mans wages 

Never say never.

The clip above suggests he is a vg player but sometimes these clips can be misleading.  If however it does ring true 2 things struck me immediately

1. He would work well in a MF pairing beside Irving.

2. Why are Man U letting him go?

the general
1 hour ago, the sub goalie said:

Agreed.  For me the type of player we will hopefully be looking at.

It is not only academy players that we should hope to sell on for profit, a couple of good years at Hearts could well see him move back down south for a fee.

Well grounded young guy from a supportive family .. fingers crossed for the laddie