Rebecca Long Bailey sacked.

Dawnrazor

Excellent news. Shes an idiot. 

Hopefully just the start of clearing out all the shite. 

SwindonJambo
8 minutes ago, The Brow said:

This, times 100. How many times do Labour need to learn that lurching to the left scares lots of voters away and simply hands easy election wins straight to the Tories.

Getting shot of her is a good start. Keir now needs to pick off the rest of her ilk and get those Momentum Bams to ****.

davemclaren

Is it true that Israeli’s taught the US the knee on neck technique? This seems to be the seemingly anti semitic comment being quoted..

JudyJudyJudy

He has absolutely no backbone . He is now a puppet for the very powerful Zionist lobby.  He used this as an excuse to get rid of her. Pathetic really. The comment in the article criticised Israel not the Jewish community.  

Nucky Thompson

I'm starting to like Sir Keir.

I've not voted Labour for a few years but I like the way they are moving now

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He has absolutely no backbone . He is now a puppet for the very powerful Zionist lobby.  He used this as an excuse to get rid of her. Pathetic really. The comment in the article criticised Israel not the Jewish community.  

Spot on. Shouldn't need repeating but criticising the Israeli government is in no way anti-Semitic.

Same way criticising the American government is in no way anti-Yank. I should know, I have to listen to most of you (rightly) do it all the time. :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Spot on. Shouldn't need repeating but criticising the Israeli government is in no way anti-Semitic.

Same way criticising the American government is in no way anti-Yank. I should know, I have to listen to most of you (rightly) do it all the time. :lol:

Cheers 

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it true that Israeli’s taught the US the knee on neck technique? This seems to be the seemingly anti semitic comment being quoted..

that bit has been removed from the article

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Yeah, I get a tad confused re people that see criticism of Israel as anti Semeitic. 

SwindonJambo
38 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm starting to like Sir Keir.

I've not voted Labour for a few years but I like the way they are moving now

I usually did right up until Ed Miliband, even though I thought he was prick. I disliked the others more. Corbyn and his ilk I wouldn't touch with a shitty stick. If Starmer's can bin the rest of Corbyn's leftover shite and boot Momentum to obscurity, I will gladly resume voting Labour. 

maroonlegions
55 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

This, times 100. How many times do Labour need to learn that lurching to the left scares lots of voters away and simply hands easy election wins straight to the Tories.

Getting shot of her is a good start. Keir now needs to pick off the rest of her ilk and get those Momentum Bams to ****.

While the Tories lurch even further away to the right. Even John Major has been highly critical of this present government's policies. We have a shower of utter liars, gangsters and crooks in charge just now. They can ignore the SNP all they like but Scotland will not.

Boris the "letter box", "watermelon smiles" racist,  and people are shocked that a rise or fight back from the left took place, what did they expect the left to sit back and take it dry...

Part of the bloody problem is that to far too many people, Race, Religion and State are all interchangeable and all the same thing when dealing with that particular issue.

Claiming "IDF taught US cops restraint techniques" is not antisemitic FFS.

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

While the Tories lurch even further away to the right. Even John Major has been highly critical of this present government's policies. We have a shower of utter liars, gangsters and crooks in charge just now. They can ignore the SNP all they like but Scotland will not.

Boris the "letter box", "watermelon smiles" racist,  and people are shocked that a rise or fight back from the left took place, what did they expect the left to sit back and take it dry...

I am not here to defend the Conservatives. I have and never will vote for them. But lurching to the left is not the way to beat them. That has been demonstrated time and time again.

maroonlegions
17 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I am not here to defend the Conservatives. I have and never will vote for them. But lurching to the left is not the way to beat them. That has been demonstrated time and time again.

Well, what do we expect when an extreme of the right gets even more right, its a natural reaction that its opposite will fight back and the left did.  

The sacking of Rebecca Long Bailey for sharing an interview in the Independent with one of Britain's most celebrated actors because of a sentence uttered by Maxine Peake in which the Independent initially justified with a link to Amnesty International report is an absurred overreaction. The term "red Tory" is one of which i think suits the Blairites who still fester in the Labour party.         

36 minutes ago, Cade said:

Part of the bloody problem is that to far too many people, Race, Religion and State are all interchangeable and all the same thing when dealing with that particular issue.

Claiming "IDF taught US cops restraint techniques" is not antisemitic FFS.

Correct, can't believe we've come to the point where criticism of the state of Israel is a sackable offence. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Yes it's true, no idea how that's anti Semitic though. 

SwindonJambo
7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Well, what do we expect when an extreme of the right gets even more right, its a natural reaction that its opposite will fight back and the left did.  

The sacking of Rebecca Long Bailey for sharing an interview in the Independent with one of Britain's most celebrated actors because of a sentence uttered by Maxine Peake in which the Independent initially justified with a link to Amnesty International report is an absurred overreaction. The term "red Tory" is one of which i think suits the Blairites who still fester in the Labour party.         

They won 3 elections. Labour can rattle around on the opposition benches with 200 MPs as long as they want. If you are permanently in opposition you cannot do or change anything. To change anything you must win elections and to do so you must take votes from at least some people who would ordinarily be inclined to vote Conservative and it needs to be enough of them to swing an election. At the last election the Tories won in previously impossible seats in Northern England with traditional long term Labour voters holding their noses and turning blue because of their distate of Corbyn though Brexit played a part too..

50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah, I get a tad confused re people that see criticism of Israel as anti Semeitic. 

If you criticise Israel you are called anti Semitic but if you equate the actions of the Zionist government in Israel with jews you are anti Semitic. Basically you can't say a word about the atrocities carried out by the Zionist state

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

They won 3 elections. Labour can rattle around on the opposition benches with 200 MPs as long as they want. If you are permanently in opposition you cannot do or change anything. To change anything you must win elections and to do so you must take votes from at least some people who would ordinarily be inclined to vote Conservative and it needs to be enough of them to swing an election. At the last election the Tories won in previously impossible seats in Northern England with traditional long term Labour voters holding their noses and turning blue because of their distate of Corbyn though Brexit played a part too..

Thank God we have a brilliant alternative in Scotland. Leave rUK to it

indianajones

You really cant say anything negative about Israel without someone jumping on you instantly claiming you are a Nazi.

SwindonJambo
Just now, XB52 said:

It isn't a brilliant alternative but it could certainly be a viable alternative and good luck to all involved if it happens. Scotland has major demographic challenges to deal with. A chronically low birth rate, large pensioner population and large public sector. If tough decisions are taken and the public accept that and are braced for them, it will work out fine in the long term. 

I tend towards the Union because of where I've lived a long time but I've been impressed by Sturgeon's handling of the COVID crisis (as have many others down here) and I now think she's up to the job of being PM and not just FM.

SpruceBringsteen
8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

You really cant say anything negative about Israel without someone jumping on you instantly claiming you are a Nazi.

Just wait for it to crank up a notch when Netanyahu gives the order to start shooting unarmed kids in the face again in a few days.

maroonlegions
To think that on the same day that Sir Keir Starmer refused to call for the sacking of Robert Jenrick over his role in a cash for access scandal,  (again why??), he sacked one of the most senior women in his Shadow Cabinet for sharing on Twitter an interview in the The Independent with Maxine Peake.

The interview contains a sentence on police training referencing a report by Amnesty USA. The report raises concern that police are being training on crowd control and use of force by Israeli Police who have been cited by Amnesty International, and U.S. Department of State “for carrying out excessive use of force against peaceful protesters.”

Amnesty suggests that “police departments should find partners that will train on de-escalation techniques, how to handle mentally challenged or ill citizens, on the constitutional rights of citizens concerning filming and how to appropriately respond to those using non-violent protest to express their opinions.”

This is not an attempt to blame Israel for the murder of George Floyd - but asks questions about the sort of training that police are receiving in the US.

Some people raised concerns about the comment on the article and Becky agreed a statement with the Leader’s Office. She was then ordered to take down the tweet and was sacked from her post.

It is difficult to see this as anything other than an opportunity to remove a prominent left-wing voice from the Shadow Cabinet, whilst Shadow Cabinet  members  of the right  and officials who have made racist comments remain safe under this leadership. double standards, this was nothing more than the removal of a left wing cabinet member by a right wing blairite leader..

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

What? An anti-Semitic scum bag in the Labour Party? Well I never.

What you actually believed all that mud slinging from  the right wing BBC and the right wing media..

There is a good % of anti Semitic scumbags in the Tory ranks too, how many of them are getting sacked???

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Just wait for it to crank up a notch when Netanyahu gives the order to start shooting unarmed kids in the face again in a few days.

Bang on.. Repulsive man.And no i ant anti Semitic before the right wingers pile in..

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Aye the Westminster SNP. Ian 'fat hibby' Blackford and Joanna Cherry :lol:

Give me fecking strength 

Nice to see Conservatives and Nationalists getting into bed together in their own Zionist enclave.

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, The Brow said:

Might take a long time.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The Israel govt does that deliberately to deflect from their daily ethnic cleansing / genocide of the indigenous population of Palestine . 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Exactly 

ToadKiller Dog

Maybe Maxine Peake should see Sir Stammer in court ,he may well have libelled her in his reasons for sacking Long Bailey. 

Potentially being classed as anti semitic could stop her getting acting roles .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

If you criticise Israel you are called anti Semitic but if you equate the actions of the Zionist government in Israel with jews you are anti Semitic. Basically you can't say a word about the atrocities carried out by the Zionist state

Spot on. 

A hideous regime that is an affront to humanity. 

She was always going, Starmer just needed an excuse. He’s got a job on his hands getting rid of Corbyn’s Momentum bams. However it’s a good start and hopefully we end up with a credible opposition which, whatever your politics, is a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

However it’s a good start and hopefully we end up with a credible opposition which, whatever your politics, is a good thing. 

Absolutely. 

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

One police authority in Scotland, 30+ in England and Wales, 18,000 in USA.

The Israelis ( Zionists if you prefer) must be busy boys if they’re training all those US cops.

I'm not sure my post was in anyway related to your response but perhaps you needed to get it off your chest.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Maybe Maxine Peake should see Sir Stammer in court ,he may well have libelled her in his reasons for sacking Long Bailey. 

Potentially being classed as anti semitic could stop her getting acting roles .

Never thought about that ? She should . She’s a terrific actress and good human being 

Troubling that criticism of state is racist.

I'm sympathetic to Israel but the militarization of their policing and its relationship to the US does remind me of the relationship between Northern Irelands and the UK.

I P Knightley

2 hours ago, Zico said:

She was always going, Starmer just needed an excuse. He’s got a job on his hands getting rid of Corbyn’s Momentum bams. However it’s a good start and hopefully we end up with a credible opposition which, whatever your politics, is a good thing. 

The media shone a spotlight on Corbyn's Labour party, managing to concoct an anti-semitic angle when I truly believe none was there (nothing institutional, at least). Corbyn was too shite to tackle that effectively so Starmer has inherited a situation where he has to be seen to be strong on anti-semitism. I saw nothing that I would describe as anti-semitic in the article but because of the sensitivity to thre issue and the fact that RL-B is Corbyn with tits, her retweet was bound to stir up a storm. A happy ending for Starmer: three bits with one stone: 1. Being seen to be strong against antisemitism; 2. Getting RL-B out of his shadow cabinet and 3. Showing Boris Johnson up for his inability to deal with Jenrick or Cummings or...

For those critical of Starmer being a red Tory, you need to figure what you want and be realistic. A "Left" party will never be elected into government, it just won't happen. Surely the priority has to be getting Cummings, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Raab and co out?

Having Corbyn in opposition allowed the Tories to move further and more nastily to the right. All that is needed is a shift towards the abandoned middle ground. 

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

For those critical of Starmer being a red Tory, you need to figure what you want and be realistic. A "Left" party will never be elected into government, it just won't happen. Surely the priority has to be getting Cummings, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Raab and co out?

Having Corbyn in opposition allowed the Tories to move further and more nastily to the right. All that is needed is a shift towards the abandoned middle ground. 

I would just encourage caution with this approach, seeing as how voting for the lesser-of-two-evils "centrist" (in actuality, centre rightist) has gone in the States since Clinton, and well, where we are now goes without saying.

The long-term effect of voting for the lesser of two evils ...

Indeed, where exactly is this mythical "middle ground" now?

I remember watching a news article on the annexing of the West Bank. The Israelis had decided to connect some of their illegal settlements together, straight through the middle of some subsistence farm land where the Palestinian farmers who lived there eked a living by keeping a small amount of livestock. The reporters went to speak to the farmers and the occupants of the illegal settlements, to ask their opinions. Quite harrowing levels of arrogance and hatred from the Israelis. The reporter interviewed the staff and customers of a barber shop amongst others. From that particular interview you were treated to such comments as “they should be moved, we are more powerful than them” etc. Others interviewed called the Palestinians degrading names. 

Don’t know why it stuck in my head so much, but I think it was down to the fact that it echoed what I had learnt years before about the Nazis and their invasion of Czechoslovakia. To a degree anyway. This idea that if you have your ‘own people’ colonise a place, then you can then use their ‘protection’ as an excuse to subjugate, pillage or kill the people who’s land they have settled on. Hitler cited the protection of the Germanic people in what is now the Czech Republic as the reason for him occupying their land. He viewed the Slavic people who lived their in a similar way to how these Israeli people view the Palestinians. Less important people who have no rights because they are not strong enough to establish those rights.

Reading up further on this method of colonisation and invasion, there’s examples of it scattered throughout the history books. Each case is slightly different, but the main thrust is the same. Either move your own kind in to a place that you wish to conquer or in some cases keep control of, or use the presence of a group already in the location as the cause for ‘protection’. Echoes of this in the Black Sea conflict a few years ago too, but obviously that is a lot more complicated, as the ever growing and shrinking borders of the Soviet Union/Russia make national identity a bit more difficult to ascertain when it comes to rightful ownership of land. The Ulster Scots thing and Northern Ireland has a hint of it too. The plantation of Ulster, and the insistence of protecting our people wherever they may be in the world. 

Anyway, I’m going off topic a bit, but I just found it quite interesting, that the comments from the Israeli colonists reeked of the sort of things the Nazis said about other people in the 1930s, including their own ancestors, yet here we are almost a century later, and it’s the children of the children of those very same oppressed people who are using such similar rhetoric to describe the people who’s land they are glibly discussing taking off them. Then toss in being called antisemitic for disagreeing what they are doing, and you have a rather distasteful pattern of irony.