Jump to content
Hectormasson

Epl played it correctly

Recommended Posts

Hectormasson

epl playing the correct way ? Unlike these gutless slimebags spfl  ? Just hand it over? Get to f...k !      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox

Strong views! I’d need to see more detail before I endorse them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

Yip, every game live. 

Finish the season. 

 

Scotland.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt

They took a measured approach in unprecedented times. We panicked like feck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, every game live. 

Finish the season. 

 

Scotland.... 

...Is a world footballing back water that has a bowling club commitee mentality that bends over for whatever side of the 2 Glasgow teams are currently in the most powerful position which is backed up by the most corrupt, biased and duplicitious media the world has seen since the third reich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo

First question I'd be asking SPFL at court"who advised you to call the season so early?"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo

The thick end of £1billion having to be handed back to Sky is the only reason they've played it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

They took a measured approach in unprecedented times. We panicked like feck!

run by.

download (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
2 hours ago, graygo said:

The thick end of £1billion having to be handed back to Sky is the only reason they've played it out.

 

I believe the Premier League receives more money from overseas rights than from domestic Sky, but you're right, it's all down to money.

 

The Premier League still makes huge profits with no fans in the ground. Unfortunately it isn't financially viable in Scotland because clubs rely on gate money.

 

The correct action in Scotland would have been to just scrap the season and void it completely.

 

I personally believe that other leagues should also gave simply voided, because it all seems farcical. I've not been watching any of it, and frankly I'm not interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, graygo said:

The thick end of £1billion having to be handed back to Sky is the only reason they've played it out.


They also had the money to pay for intensive testing to make sure the games could go ahead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
5 hours ago, graygo said:

The thick end of £1billion having to be handed back to Sky is the only reason they've played it out.

 

Its all Skys fault  :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
baxterd1974
3 hours ago, sassenach said:

 

I believe the Premier League receives more money from overseas rights than from domestic Sky, but you're right, it's all down to money.

 

The Premier League still makes huge profits with no fans in the ground. Unfortunately it isn't financially viable in Scotland because clubs rely on gate money.

 

The correct action in Scotland would have been to just scrap the season and void it completely.

 

I personally believe that other leagues should also gave simply voided, because it all seems farcical. I've not been watching any of it, and frankly I'm not interested. 

That argument fails to stack up when you see how much we are having to repay as a result of not playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Its all Skys fault  :rofl:

 

Fault?

 

It's not their fault, but it is the reason, money, simple as that.

 

@sassenach yes, Sky plus the other broadcasters.

@Dusk_Till_Dawn the cost of the testing is a drop in the ocean for EPL teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

That argument fails to stack up when you see how much we are having to repay as a result of not playing.

 

Every argument fails to stack up when you witness the Shitshow created by the SPFL.

The EPL played it correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glynnlondon

And we wonder why Scottish football is seen as a joke.

We do it to ourselves time and again.

As long as that shining example of modern Scotland in the OF are looked after.

Wonder why we bother at times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Fault?

 

It's not their fault, but it is the reason, money, simple as that.

 

@sassenach yes, Sky plus the other broadcasters.

@Dusk_Till_Dawn the cost of the testing is a drop in the ocean for EPL teams.


Yes but the point is, SPFL clubs would have struggled to finance it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, graygo said:

 

Fault?

 

It's not their fault, but it is the reason, money, simple as that.

 

@sassenach yes, Sky plus the other broadcasters.

@Dusk_Till_Dawn the cost of the testing is a drop in the ocean for EPL teams.

 

Sporting integrity.

The supporters.

The clubs themselves.

The worldwide audience.

The players.

The business model.

The future. 

 

All things the EPL have looked at intelligently and have nailed it once again. 

Its idiotic to think they played the season out to appease Skysports, idiotic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Yes but the point is, SPFL clubs would have struggled to finance it

 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Sporting integrity.

The supporters.

The clubs themselves.

The worldwide audience.

The players.

The business model.

The future. 

 

All things the EPL have looked at intelligently and have nailed it once again. 

Its idiotic to think they played the season out to appease Skysports, idiotic.

 

Nonsense, it's idiotic to think that it wasn't down to finance.

£762million was the number reported.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882042-report-epl-clubs-will-have-to-repay-part-of-tv-money-if-season-not-finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Good to see that not only are these overpaid wankstains good at football they all seem to have great hairdresing skills.

 

We are being taken for ****ing mugs guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Yes but the point is, SPFL clubs would have struggled to finance it

 

The SPFL could have funded it with the money their now paying out in legal costs,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Nonsense, it's idiotic to think that it wasn't down to finance.

£762million was the number reported.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882042-report-epl-clubs-will-have-to-repay-part-of-tv-money-if-season-not-finished

 

You thought about applying for a job at the SPFL, you fit the blinkered criterio really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

 

You thought about applying for a job at the SPFL, you fit the blinkered criterio really well.

 

Read the fecking link, it's all there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SE16 3LN
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Yes but the point is, SPFL clubs would have struggled to finance it

The league was called a long time before the cost was even known. Celtic panicked and the SPFL did what they wanted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Read the fecking link, it's all there.

 

Yes, seems legit, some right good sources  :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The main reasons given for us not completing the season are

-that it would be too expensive for clubs to pay for the testing but not have gate receipts. This however ignores the fact that teams are going to have to do this anyway possibly for the rest of the year (or at least with severely reduced crowds for the time being). Also, the monies lost/possibly lost in giving money back to Sky/BT/BBC (and the legal fees of our challenge, and risk of compensation) outweigh the financial burden of completing the final 8 rounds of games. And despite the cost issues of not having crowds, most clubs already had a significant amount of seats sold through STs and very few fans have asked for money back; there are also savings with having no crowds, eg no staff, policing/stewards

 

-that it might delay the next season which might jeopardise the Sky contract-= this is utter nonsense and I cant understand why the SPFL have not been called out more on this. Particularly now as Sky are getting money back for 2019/20, and BT/BBC are claiming. Surely Sky would have not objected to the new season being pushed back a few weeks if it meant they got at least one Old Firm game and a couple of other games this season to show.

 

The biggest factor for Scotland was the prize money and the SPFL's insistence on tying the prize money to the vote on how to end the season. Doncaster will say that the uncertainty in April meant they had to act, and its fair to say that we didn't know back then how long lockdown would last, whether the EPL would even get to complete their season. Doncaster will rely on that and say Scottish football couldn't play the wait and see game because the clubs desperately needed the cash. However, why could they not have just had a vote to release cash on the basis of current positions and ask clubs to waive their rights to claim more if the season is completed and they finish higher, or pay them out on the basis of the highest position they could finish mathematically whilst paying out the balance on season completion. They are a members organisation and could have changed the rules (as demonstrated by the vote to hand out titles, promotions and relegations with 1/5th or 1/4 of the season left) and its disingenuous when they say that prize money without calling the season was impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_Jersey_HMFC
6 hours ago, graygo said:

The thick end of £1billion having to be handed back to Sky is the only reason they've played it out.

 

The £1.5m SPFL have agreed to pay Sky and the reported £2.3m potential agreement with BT (plus £few hundred thousand from any others eg BBC and foreign broadcasters) is in proportion a lot of money for Scottish football. So whilst the EPL didn't want to lose out on the reported £726m, the SPFL shouldn't have been so quick to take action which left them liable for the Scottish football equivalent of that figure  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The league was called a long time before the cost was even known. Celtic panicked and the SPFL did what they wanted. 


100% but the fact is, regularly testing of players is extremely expensive. I doubt they could have afforded it. The league should have been null and void (title and relegation scrapped)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

The SPFL could have funded it with the money their now paying out in legal costs,


Bollocks. The legal costs won’t even scratch the surface of the cost of testing for 10/12 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Yes, seems legit, some right good sources  :rofl:

 

And you call me blinkered :facepalm:

 

Did you bother reading it?

 

Sources included The Telegraph, The Daily Mail and The Mirror.

 

How about The Independent?

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-void-season-2020-coronavirus-liverpool-title-efl-legal-challenge-a9437081.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Bollocks. The legal costs won’t even scratch the surface of the cost of testing for 10/12 weeks

 

If they have to fork out £8million to us then im sure they'll think perhaps they made a bad call. 

Tests dont cost an arm and a leg anyway, more guff spouted in the press. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, graygo said:

 

And you call me blinkered :facepalm:

 

Did you bother reading it?

 

Sources included The Telegraph, The Daily Mail and The Mirror.

 

How about The Independent?

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-void-season-2020-coronavirus-liverpool-title-efl-legal-challenge-a9437081.html

 

I wouldnt believe anything written in the press over lockdown.

 

Watched all the EPL games so far, absolutely loving it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd

The 2.3m handed back to Sky could have funded testing per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

It's easy to play it through when fans attendance is about 5% of your income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Sporting integrity.

The supporters.

The clubs themselves.

The worldwide audience.

The players.

The business model.

The future. 

 

All things the EPL have looked at intelligently and have nailed it once again. 

Its idiotic to think they played the season out to appease Skysports, idiotic.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏well put

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
5 hours ago, sassenach said:

 

I believe the Premier League receives more money from overseas rights than from domestic Sky, but you're right, it's all down to money.

 

The Premier League still makes huge profits with no fans in the ground. Unfortunately it isn't financially viable in Scotland because clubs rely on gate money.

 

The correct action in Scotland would have been to just scrap the season and void it completely.

 

I personally believe that other leagues should also gave simply voided, because it all seems farcical. I've not been watching any of it, and frankly I'm not interested. 


 

so what is changing in the next 4 weeks? what would the incremental costs have been to play football with no gates.. virtually zero and more than covered by the JA donation.

 

it could and should have been played out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

Difference being they were in no rush to hand the title to anyone. Folk can go on about TV revenue etc but that's the crux of it. The SPFL were desperate to give the title to Celtic (Yes they were gonna win it anyway but that's not the point).

I'm sure Liverpool, club and fans would not have wanted their first title in however long handed to them.

The desperation for 9 in a row setting up a potetial 10 is all that matters to these ****s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


 

so what is changing in the next 4 weeks? what would the incremental costs have been to play football with no gates.. virtually zero and more than covered by the JA donation.

 

it could and should have been played out

Paying the no longer furloughed players to train and play would be a significant extra cost, I'd have thought. That's before testing and enlarging changing rooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Ceptic are bigger than Liverpool so they are though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SE16 3LN
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


100% but the fact is, regularly testing of players is extremely expensive. I doubt they could have afforded it. The league should have been null and void (title and relegation scrapped)

I don't disagree but if we can afford it in August I think we can afford it in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Paying the no longer furloughed players to train and play would be a significant extra cost, I'd have thought. That's before testing and enlarging changing rooms.


Player get paid 12 months of the year, All of that has to happen anyway.  
 

it’s utter bullshit to suggest it couldn’t be played. A crap narrative put out to support a crap decision..

 

As much as it’s unfair to relegate hearts I wouldn’t support N&V either.. every effort should have been made to play the damn games and if we’d gone down so be it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr 3 Putt

The top leagues in the world have managed to play out the remainder of the games. Diddy leagues shit their pants and call it early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:


Player get paid 12 months of the year, All of that has to happen anyway.  
 

it’s utter bullshit to suggest it couldn’t be played. A crap narrative put out to support a crap decision..

 

As much as it’s unfair to relegate hearts I wouldn’t support N&V either.. every effort should have been made to play the damn games and if we’d gone down so be it. 

 

Furloughed players aren't getting paid their full normal wages by the clubs, so of course it costs them more to bring them back to work. Where are clubs supposed to get that money from, when many are struggling as it is?

 

Anyway, we both agree that the SPFL haven't done things the right way. Where we differ is that I don't believe games should be played under farcical conditions just for the sake of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...