Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pele_Is_God

Pub Takeaway

Recommended Posts

Pele_Is_God

What bars in city centre/leith walk area are doing a take-away service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr 3 Putt

Ive seen people having drinks outside that german pubs at the pilrig street junction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate

You must be desperate, 3 quid for a bottle of beer. 

Did you no think to go to tesco half an hour ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Pay £4.50 for a plastic glass and stand and drink it in the street. But have anymore than say 2 and you are ****ed as nature will call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Pay £4.50 for a plastic glass and stand and drink it in the street. But have anymore than say 2 and you are ****ed as nature will call.

:spoton:

I can buy 4 cans for £4.50 while having access to my own toilet v £4.50 for 1 pint and a possible £XX fine for pishing in the street. 

I suppose some people are desperate to be desperate. 

 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:

I can buy 4 cans for £4.50 while having access to my own toilet v £4.50 for 1 pint and a possible £XX fine for pishing in the street. 

I suppose some people are desperate to be desperate. 

 

 

 

To me it is like watching football with no fans....pointless.

 

I will steer clear of pubs until they are pubs again. At the end of the day I go to the pub to relax and feel free. Restrictions are not feeling free.

 

I long for the day when we start to get treated as adults again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

I have a mate who can have 6 or 7 pints and still not need a pish tho. He'd be sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hueyview
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Pay £4.50 for a plastic glass and stand and drink it in the street. But have anymore than say 2 and you are ****ed as nature will call.

Use the glass.... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hueyview

I have seen folk drinking around the Haymarket tram area.  A lot of flasks appearing since early in the lockdown........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

To me it is like watching football with no fans....pointless.

 

I will steer clear of pubs until they are pubs again. At the end of the day I go to the pub to relax and feel free. Restrictions are not feeling free.

 

I long for the day when we start to get treated as adults again.

 

The days of that are long gone. And if you look on the coronavirus thread many of them just willing to bend over and accept it. 

 

Pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

The days of that are long gone. And if you look on the coronavirus thread many of them just willing to bend over and accept it. 

 

Pathetic. 


Better than being willing to put people's health at risk cos you're a bit bored.

 

Psycho behaviour.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:


Better than being willing to put people's health at risk cos you're a bit bored.

 

Psycho behaviour.

 

 

 

Think calling me a phycho is an insult haha I already know I am. Totally and utterly bonkers. 

 

But then again I have followed the rules pretty much to the letter. Not now I am away to meet up with some pals to have a drink in his home made bar. Life for living not to be a frightened sheep. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

Think calling me a phycho is an insult haha I already know I am. Totally and utterly bonkers. 

 

But then again I have followed the rules pretty much to the letter. Not now I am away to meet up with some pals to have a drink in his home made bar. Life for living not to be a frightened sheep. 

 

Following the rules isn't being a frightened sheep. It's being a responsible adult who cares about the welfare of others.

 

We all want to meet our mates, go to the pub, eat in restaurants, have BBQs etc. But we're better to ease out of lockdown safely than to **** it all up and be back at square one, making the last few months of sacrifice a waste of time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Following the rules isn't being a frightened sheep. It's being a responsible adult who cares about the welfare of others.

 

We all want to meet our mates, go to the pub, eat in restaurants, have BBQs etc. But we're better to ease out of lockdown safely than to **** it all up and be back at square one, making the last few months of sacrifice a waste of time.

 

 

 

Meh. A million different ways I could die. It is a risk everytime I cross the road. Could get stabbed or beaten with a hammer for crossing the wrong person. Not things I worry about though.  

 

We have already eased the **** out of lockdown. Won't make a square bit of difference how we come out of it and this is all political now at this stage. But you will listen to everything your masters tell you and lap it up like a little lap dog. 

 

Not this phycho though. I have done my bit for the greater good and it is time to get on with life. 

 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

Think calling me a phycho is an insult haha I already know I am. Totally and utterly bonkers. 

 

But then again I have followed the rules pretty much to the letter. Not now I am away to meet up with some pals to have a drink in his home made bar. Life for living not to be a frightened sheep. 

 

 

Don't call the NHS if you and your 'Pals' get breathing problems. Just lock the door please. 

 

 

 

Home made bar 🤣 Is that a fridge doon your way. 

 

 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

 

Meh. A million different ways I could die. It is a risk everytime I cross the road. Could get stabbed or beaten with a hammer for crossing the wrong person. Not things I worry about though. 

 

We have already eased the **** out of lockdown. Won't make a square bit of difference how we come out of it and this is all political now at this stage. But you will listen to everything your masters tell you and lap it up like a little lap dog. 

 

Not this phycho though. I have done my bit for the greater good and it is time to get on with life. 

 

 

That's the thing. It's all about you. **** everyone else who you might infect. As long as you get to do whatever you want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Don't call the NHS if you and your 'Pals' get breathing problems. Just lock the door please. 

 

 

 

Home made bar 🤣 Is that a fridge doon your way. 

 

 

 

I will do. At least if I die I'll enjoy myself on the way out. Not that anyone will catch considering the rates are so low you would have more chance winning the lottery. 

 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

That's the thing. It's all about you. **** everyone else who you might infect. As long as you get to do whatever you want.

 

 

Selfish ****er me. May as well embrace it

 

And who am I going to infect? I haven't got the coronavirus 😂

Edited by AlimOzturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

Selfish ****er me. May as well embrace it

 

And who am I going to infect? I haven't got the coronavirus 😂

 

Have you been tested in the last couple of days?

 

Edited by Ray Gin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

The days of that are long gone. And if you look on the coronavirus thread many of them just willing to bend over and accept it. 

 

Pathetic. 

 

 

I've been itching to post on both the Corona and BLM thread but the strong feelings I have on both right now would leave the mods with an easy job to ban me for life so purposely steering clear.

 

I'm a very angry man right now Alim about how I am seeing the world and how we are being treated.  From the Sturgeon's daily announcements like she is hosting a toddlers show on CBeebies to the pandering government down in Westminster.  I'm royally cheesed off.

Edited by i8hibsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

"I haven't got it!"

 

30% of evacutated Japanese citizens from Wuhan who were tested had asymptomatic Covid-19.

 

For those that do get symptoms, it often takes 7 days for them to show up from the point of infection.

 

Nobody can say for sure if they currently have it or not without being tested daily.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

I've been itching to post on both the Corona and BLM thread but the strong feelings I have on both right now would leave the mods with an easy job to ban me for life so purposely steering clear.

 

I'm a very angry man right now Alim about how I am seeing the world and how we are being treated.  From the Sturgeon's daily announcements like she is hosting a toddlers show on CBeebies to the pandering government down in Westminster.  I'm royally cheesed off.

 

I probably slumped into a bad depressive state for a while throughout all of this. I couldn't tell you for certain as apart from losing my grandad I had never felt as awful as I did. Not that it would have mattered because it seems these things are trivial matter nowadays when the discussion of Coronavirus rears it's ugly head. That is all that matter now.

 

I don't think I'll ever fully be the same person after this. I am now nihilistic person. Not angry just lost all ****ing hope. Will just live my life for my family and friends and do what the **** I like. 

 

Hope your doing well I8. Missing the Gym!

Edited by AlimOzturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Where'd ye get a Homemade Bar, The 1980s? Do ye get a free brick fireplace with it? 

 

Look how angry I am, I'm away to my 'Pals' to use his Bar. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Where'd ye get a Homemade Bar, The 1980s? Do ye get a free brick fireplace with it? 

 

Look how angry I am, I'm away to my 'Pals' to use his Bar. 🤣

 

He built it himself. Pretty decent set up. 

 

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

I probably slumped into a bad depressive state for a while throughout all of this. I couldn't tell you for certain as apart from losing my grandad I had never felt as awful as I did. Not that it would have mattered because it seems these things are trivial matter nowadays when the discussion of Coronavirus rears it's ugly head. That is all that matter now.

 

I don't think I'll ever fully be the same person after this. I am now nihilistic person. Not angry just lost all ****ing hope. Will just live my life for my family and friends and do what the **** I like. 

 

Hope your doing well I8. Missing the Gym!

 

 

Sorry to hear that about your grandad.

 

Really miss the gym, miss my old routine and **** me I even miss the office.

 

I'm just not a bird that can be caged and I am struggling mentally if truth be told and the depression is rearing its ugly head.

 

Nihilism is a good word for my state right now and covers it well.

 

I feel that my entire life is controlled and owned by government and media.  I don't even feel like my bollocks are even mine right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

He built it himself. Pretty decent set up. 

 

Cheers. 

I'm only pulling yer leg, bud. 

 

 

:cheers: Have one on me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry to hear about your Granda, Bud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

He built it himself. Pretty decent set up. 

 

Cheers. 

Sounds like a great idea and he's using his initiative. 

I know someone who turned a shed into a wee bar. This was before Covid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
complete control
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

To me it is like watching football with no fans....pointless.

 

I will steer clear of pubs until they are pubs again. At the end of the day I go to the pub to relax and feel free. Restrictions are not feeling free.

 

I long for the day when we start to get treated as adults again.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have a mate who can have 6 or 7 pints and still not need a pish tho. He'd be sorted.

I used to be like that but age has caught up with my bladder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I used to be like that but age has caught up with my bladder. 

 

 

I got up during the night 3 times for a pee last night. 100% serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:


Better than being willing to put people's health at risk cos you're a bit bored.

 

Psycho behaviour.

 

 

This 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SE16 3LN

There is virtually no risk from having a few beers outside with your mates while staying a few feet apart. There is a massive risk to people's well being if the hospitality industry collapses. Nanny Nicola has got you all sucking your thumbs and crying for your Mummy's. Pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Natural Order
14 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

What bars in city centre/leith walk area are doing a take-away service?

To answer your question. Both The Windsor and Brass Monkey are doing carry outs on both Cask and Keg beers. Brass Monkey doing take away burgers and beer offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin

Hostelry up my way doing takeaway.

Had fish and chips and half a dozen pints of draft last Friday.

 

Food was excellent (as always), and the draft pints after a few months of cheap furlough cans were 

unnamed.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Went past the diggers at lunch and they were open from the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Do these people who fear COVID19 think there were no diseases, germs or viruses 3 months ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Went past the diggers at lunch and they were open from the outside.

I passed as well. I think they were waiting on a hearse passing. According to a mate, some old regular died who didn't have any family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I passed as well. I think they were waiting on a hearse passing. According to a mate, some old regular died who didn't have any family

 

Ah, sad news.

 

Hopefully they will give him a good send off at the pub and stick a finger up to the government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Hostelry up my way doing takeaway.

Had fish and chips and half a dozen pints of draft last Friday.

 

Food was excellent (as always), and the draft pints after a few months of cheap furlough cans were 

unnamed.png

Sounds nice mate.

Could go a pint of draft myself, but hopefully only 2 weeks to wait when they open my caravan park and facilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Hostelry up my way doing takeaway.

Had fish and chips and half a dozen pints of draft last Friday.

 

Food was excellent (as always), and the draft pints after a few months of cheap furlough cans were 

unnamed.png

The question is how did ye manage yer pissin.

Once I drink beer if I need to go I need to go.

The boozer just before the bridge in Gorgie was selling a litre for a fiver.

Boy queuing up with his bairn in their buggy.

Made me laugh not seen it open for a week or so though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do these people who fear COVID19 think there were no diseases, germs or viruses 3 months ago?

 

There weren't any that killed 60,000 people in a few months despite a lockdown, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

There weren't any that killed 60,000 people in a few months despite a lockdown, no.

 

 

Either is this one.  Not even close.  

 

There was a time until recently that when people died of natural causes, strokes, etc "Pneumonia" was invariably stamped on a death certificate.  Now it is Covid19.  The amount of deaths that this is getting attributed to is farcical.

 

Anyway I do not want to turn this thread into one of these threads, there is already a huge one on it that I am purposely giving a wide berth to.  You have your belief and I have mine.

Edited by i8hibsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have a mate who can have 6 or 7 pints and still not need a pish tho. He'd be sorted.

im jealous.😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

im jealous.😕

 

I'm about 6 or 7 sips and I need a slash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

Either is this one.  Not even close.  

 

There was a time until recently that when people died of natural causes, strokes, etc "Pneumonia" was invariably stamped on a death certificate.  Now it is Covid19.  The amount of deaths that this is getting attributed to is farcical.

 

Anyway I do not want to turn this thread into one of these threads, there is already a huge one on it that I am purposely giving a wide berth to.  You have your belief and I have mine.

 

 

There weren't any that killed the lowest figure of 42k either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

I'm about 6 or 7 sips and I need a slash.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

There is virtually no risk from having a few beers outside with your mates while staying a few feet apart. There is a massive risk to people's well being if the hospitality industry collapses. Nanny Nicola has got you all sucking your thumbs and crying for your Mummy's. Pathetic.

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
main

50,000 + excess deaths in the winter after the beast from the east due to the plummeting temperatures which put the NHS under real and very serious strain. There’s interesting articles about taking about this being the virus that came late. If this had come in November/December then it wouldn’t have been out of place, even in 2014/15 there were 44,000 + excess deaths which still puts it above the alleged covid death total. Same people vulnerable, the elderly and those with pre existing conditions particularly cardio and respiratory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, main said:

50,000 + excess deaths in the winter after the beast from the east due to the plummeting temperatures which put the NHS under real and very serious strain. There’s interesting articles about taking about this being the virus that came late. If this had come in November/December then it wouldn’t have been out of place, even in 2014/15 there were 44,000 + excess deaths which still puts it above the alleged covid death total. Same people vulnerable, the elderly and those with pre existing conditions particularly cardio and respiratory.

 

44000 was much higher than the average and there were absolutely no lockdown measures in place. If we hadn't locked down at all the number of Covid-19 deaths doesn't bare thinking about.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/lockdown-stopped-470k-covid-19-deaths-in-uk-say-researchers/20040960.article

Edited by Ray Gin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
main
27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

44000 was much higher than the average and there were absolutely no lockdown measures in place. If we hadn't locked down at all the number of Covid-19 deaths doesn't bare thinking about.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/lockdown-stopped-470k-covid-19-deaths-in-uk-say-researchers/20040960.article

 

I’m sceptical about the ability of humans to contain viruses. If anything the lack of social interaction and vitamin D from being outside may even have worsened it. I posted briefly on the coronavirus thread and it came to a natural conclusion so I’ll probably bow out here. A final remark would be that the lack of evidence for all decision making made during this situation is incredible. Evidence is no longer required apparantly. It’s important to remember that this entire policy was shaped around Neil ferguson’s report which has been widely debunked as being ludicrously pessimistic, in line with his previous efforts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...