The real L?szl? Csaba

Castle Magyar

Castle Magyar

Evening from sunny Hungary.

Since leaving Scotland for Hungary some 5 years ago, I had the good fortune to meet L?szl? in my 1st year here. An extremely passionate man about football, in particular Ferencvaros (Fradi).

He manged this volatile club with all its problematic history to successive titles and had them playing some top notch footie (albeit to a lesser level than the SPL). Some of the players that made up the core of that team moved on to better places and for sure he made them better players.

He's done many TV commentary and comes across as very knowledgable and keen. Working with Mathius he said was a great adventure and learning experience.

In his final season at Fradi, they went into the last match in pole position - they lost it, lost the league and LC lost the plot - in the last few minutes Fradi were denied a penalty that had they scored would have secured the title - upon the final whistle LC ran on to the pitch to confront the ref, much more than a stramass took place and shortly after being seperated was left in the centre circle in tears as the TV cameras zoomed in to maximise his embarassment - partly I assume because his team lost the title, partly due to the shame of what had just taken place - to this day, a truly unbelieveable moment in TV football.

This is not to take anyting away from the man, suspect he has regrets about this incident as most would, but it does show his passion for what goes on during the match, and I'm sure he learned more about himself in that incident than in any other situation.

If he is appointmed, I'd welcome him big time - I think he is a leader, well spoken, strong minded, results minded, and Fradi played some very good football during his time at the helm (albeit they are ****), as did the Hungarian national team whilst he was 2nd in charge.

If he is appointmed, I'd welcome him big time - I think he is a leader, well spoken, strong minded, results minded, and Fradi played some very good football during his time at the helm (albeit they are ****), as did the Hungarian national team whilst he was 2nd in charge.

Well we can forget about him then.

No Nonsense

Thanks mate. Sounds like he has fire in his belly, and that is something that we need IMO. Hopefully this passion can be passed over to our players should he say yes to us. He might have to restrain himself though, bearing in mind some of the decisions handed down by refs in this country when the old firm are involved...

Guest juvehearts

good OP,

but what british experiance (if any) does this man have?

i'd take a manager with %100 full control ANY day, my feelings are that this will never happen as long as romanov is at the club.

why doesnt he just apoint himself coach?!

Yeh I am not getting my hopes up.

Good luck to the guy, with those lithuanian duds, he will be forced to field week in week out.

If he did get the job I imagine there could be a few gems to be unearthed over in Hungary.

Hungarian football doesn't have alot of money and theres been a view exports in recent years of a decent calibre.

Zoltan Gera (west brom), Tamas Priskin (watford/preston), Peter Halmosi (plymouth), Marton Fulop (Sunderland) Balasz Dzsudzsak (PSV) to name a few. I'd take any of them at hearts.

Victor Meldrew
If he did get the job I imagine there could be a few gems to be unearthed over in Hungary.

Hungarian football doesn't have alot of money and theres been a view exports in recent years of a decent calibre.

Zoltan Gera (west brom), Tamas Priskin (watford/preston), Peter Halmosi (plymouth), Marton Fulop (Sunderland) Balasz Dzsudzsak (PSV) to name a few. I'd take any of them at hearts.

Also might have a few tidy Ugandan players - he turned them around by all accounts.

With Ibby Tall and Larry, Vlad has shown willingness to sign African players.

Don't forget that Toszer.

can we not have one thread without bringing vlad into it!? :P:rolleyes:

Also might have a few tidy Ugandan players - he turned them around by all accounts.

With Ibby Tall and Larry, Vlad has shown willingness to sign African players.

aye Ugandans could be a good shout too. Work permits may be a problem there though?

Fife jambo
Yeh I am not getting my hopes up.

Good luck to the guy, with those lithuanian duds, he will be forced to field week in week out.

I really cant see where your getting the lith duds thing! Zal is ok, better than jose ever was, miko was one of ther only players trying last year and chesney, when fit and given a run can play some good stuff. Ivacivcoius!(Spelling) was good to strat then was rank - not sure if he was in his best position - the other guy - cannae even mind his name, no 28 is rank - agreed - but the all encompassing 'lith duds' statement belies what the issue is at club. IMO.

I really cant see where your getting the lith duds thing! Zal is ok, better than jose ever was, miko was one of ther only players trying last year and chesney, when fit and given a run can play some good stuff. Ivacivcoius!(Spelling) was good to strat then was rank - not sure if he was in his best position - the other guy - cannae even mind his name, no 28 is rank - agreed - but the all encompassing 'lith duds' statement belies what the issue is at club. IMO.

I'll be the first to bite... but...

are you actually serious!? do you know what a football is!!!? if that is the standard of player you want to see playing for hearts then you best have a quiet word with yourself. They are all feckin murder!!!

kingantti1874

if robbo felt it necessary to boot this clown it says it all for me! Not good enough foreign nobody! Embarassment in the extreme! He will fit in well with the fuds in charge

Romanov gtf

rodney gtf

Feckin Hungarian! Jesus, I can't believe this crap

Ryan Gosling
if robbo felt it necessary to boot this clown it says it all for me! Not good enough foreign nobody! Embarassment in the extreme! He will fit in well with the fuds in charge

Romanov gtf

rodney gtf

Wow that's one of the most racist posts I've ever read.

Romanov gtf

rodney gtf

what is that based on? or what does that have to do with anything? :wacko:

suppose you think Puskas was crap aswell then :rolleyes: or wouldn't want any of the players I mentioned at hearts?

Romanov gtf

rodney gtf

The reason Robbo was frustrated was that he lost to a better team which might just reflect on the quality of their manager at the time. At the moment I would welcome this guy and hope he can turn things around for us.

kingantti1874
what is that based on? or what does that have to do with anything? :wacko:

suppose you think Puskas was crap aswell then :rolleyes: or wouldn't want any of the players I mentioned at hearts?

wasnt alive to see puskas! Basically, the guy is a nobody! Happy to have 80 percent control of the team. Whats that about?Any hearts fan who thinks this appointment acceptable needs their head read! Any hearts fan who tolerates Romanov any longer needs to be commited! It smacks of desperation which is exactly what it is!!!!!!

Sick to the back teeth if this crap.

By the way, to the guy who said it was racist, my post was cetainly not intended in that fashion, I just dont believe this guy or the country where he has learned his trade justifies his potential employment at hearts! I would be happy with a manager from any country on earth as long as has pedigree.

kingantti1874
The reason Robbo was frustrated was that he lost to a better team which might just reflect on the quality of their manager at the time. At the moment I would welcome this guy and hope he can turn things around for us.

I dearly hope I'm wrong and your right! But I dont think so! He will last till about Christmas if he is lucky! We won't get our club back until the bampot departs! This phony appointment should not detract us from this goal!

This will prove to be another embarassing chapter in the book of shame covering the last few seasons!

As I say, I hope I'm wrong

I may be different but I find it embarasing that the manager of my team would see fit to kick another manager, street hooligan action that has no place in professional sports.

Do you know where hell is

Come on mate ffs! Zali was in rocky 4, his best performance, by the way. Miko, will never be a great and we will never get any decent money for him so we are stuck with the little ****. Davey "one game in five" chesny is another that were stuck with, some nice touches but doesnt deliver enough. Audrey is far too old and slow and ivasis****as has shown that he is a lazy clown who is here to take the cash. The only one who was decent was sold for penuts and then bought by our rivals!!!! ****ing priceless!

kingantti1874
I may be different but I find it embarasing that the manager of my team would see fit to kick another manager, street hooligan action that has no place in professional sports.

I suppose you wouldn't take Roy leave then!

robbo is a legend, I'd take robbo back and back him up over this guy any day! He earned our respect and if he saw fit to boot him he must have had good reason.

Romanov gtf

rodney gtf

Wow that's one of the most racist posts I've ever read.

My abiding memory of the Ferencvaros game, apart from the fact that they beat us, was having to listen to 90 minutes of racist crap emanating from the guy in front of me, who seemed to think that lacing every sentence with the word "gypsies" was incredibly funny.

How we all laughed.

But apparently Hearts fans are not racists (or any other kind of bigot you can think of) and I am just easily-offended.

Anyway, this guy sounds like he has a mind of his own so we're unlikely to see him anywhere near Tynecastle.

please tell me you are on some sort of drugs

I take it you did not have a season ticket last year.

Miko I think done okay, the last few games. Bottom six games that is.

The rest are rank rotten.

They are what is wrong with this club, vlad want to showcase liths, therefore he has to have an iffluence on the team.

Managers ie Rober are realising these players ar not good enough.

But of course vlad want them in

This all equals to no Manger

this thread is getting hilarious, and we think we're better than Rangers and Celtic??? quite a few people should start having a close look at themselves :(

this thread is getting hilarious, and we think we're better than Rangers and Celtic??? quite a few people should start having a close look at themselves :(

Would never go that far ped, just much better than your lot.

:hobofish:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Surely the 'breakdown' mentioned by the OP must be on You Tube somewhere?

Surely the 'breakdown' mentioned by the OP must be on You Tube somewhere?

Just this which explains why he gets on with Vlad

Tokyo Drifter

They beat us, can't be that bad. And didn't their 15 fans set fire to the seats at Murrayfield or is that just my bad memory of a forgetable game?

No it was

Not as embarrassing as the excuse though...

Shame, but wee Robbo let himself down there

Boab Mugabe
They beat us, can't be that bad. And didn't their 15 fans set fire to the seats at Murrayfield or is that just my bad memory of a forgetable game?

Now if Csaba could bring some fans over to 'enlighten' the support... ;)

Archived