Chick Young on George Burley

Westcliff

Victor Meldrew

I hate to be gratuitously insulting, but I'm afraid it just has to be said.

Chick Young is a t*@t.

He just is.

Should we just ignore the truth?

The truth? Is this the truth according to Chic, or according to Foulkes or according to VR or according to JKB, as i cant make out from everyone in the know if Burley was dismissed because he had an alleged drink problem or if it was because of VR's interference in the team (yet these same folk go on about how good that team was:confused:) , or if he was messing about with VR's niece, or if he was bad for the club, or if he took backhanders etc etc.

What is this truth D-McG.................as you have posted on this thread about Chic's comments, i take it you know Burley was dismissed because VR interfered in the team?

Victor Meldrew

Where did I say that we should?

Young isn't trying to make any serious points (which he could easily have done on this subject). He just made a few lame gags.

Quite why my licence fee is spent on employing him is totally beyond me.

It's like he's written an article about George Burley, then copied and pasted him ripping Hearts from a past article right in the middle of this one.

Complete knob-jockey. Every opportunity he gets he's having a go at us for no reason.

I'll have a right good **** up when that **** croaks it. And I mean that.

Commander Harris

No, but I don't think that's the OP's point. While Burley's tenure at Hearts is certainly worth a mention in a story relating to his appointment as Scotland manager, the amount of time spent by Young on this seems over the top. The focus of the article should be about the appointment of the new Scotland Manager, the focus quickly becomes HMFC and Romanov.

The truth? Is this the truth according to Chic, or according to Foulkes or according to VR or according to JKB, as i cant make out from everyone in the know if Burley was dismissed because he had an alleged drink problem or if it was because of VR's interference in the team (yet these same folk go on about how good that team was:confused:) , or if he was messing about with VR's niece, or if he was bad for the club, or if he took backhanders etc etc.

What is this truth D-McG.................as you have posted on this thread about Chic's comments, i take it you know Burley was dismissed because VR interfered in the team?

And he reels in one of the big guns.

Romanov made an erse of it by getting rid of Burley and if people don't like hearing that I couldn't give a toss.

Commander Harris
Chick Young is a aunt (according to the predictive text on my mobile phone).

indeed, he can dual right off. :)

Yeah, that Chick Young: what an arse. Fancy mentioning the most ridiculous sacking of any manager by any British club in modern times when that manager has just had his career crowned by appointment to the national job, returned to work in the country for the first time since said ridiculous sacking, and the club concerned has been going downhill ever since. No story in that at all, is there?

Have a word with yourselves, FFS.

Yeah, that Chick Young: what an arse. Fancy mentioning the most ridiculous sacking of any manager by any British club in modern times when that manager has just had his career crowned by appointment to the national job, returned to work in the country for the first time since said ridiculous sacking, and the club concerned has been going downhill ever since. No story in that at all, is there?

Now and again the unthinkable happens and you and I agree with eachother Shaun.

This is one of those moments.

He's still a toadying wee jobby though.

I'd agree with him alot more if I could reach the end of his posts without falling asleep.

:)

While not trying to argue that Chick isn't an absolute **** he's got a point for once. The most ridiculous sacking EVER no matter what was going on behind the scenes

Hearts reject appointed Scotland manager...

Aye George'll have plenty time to frequent his old haunting grounds...

Tynecastle arms...folded waiting for the teams to come out. Fingertips... clenched in an act of defiance against the looney what is Vladimir.

Burley did or didn't like a drink. Vlad did or didn't make a mistake.

One thing is certain though. We're pish now.

You guys are so touchy.

Chick Young on Hearts/Burley from that article....

"Imagine what might have happened had that insane summer and then autumn of 2005 had been allowed to carry on as nature intended and Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov had kept his interfering hands to himself.

We'll never know of course - and Hearts fans can only dream.

What Romanov did seemed crazy at the time. Now it seems like undiluted lunacy. "

The truest words the man has ever written. I get the sense that Young would have loved to see Hearts change the pecking order in the SPL. For me, his words are pro Hearts as a club and sympathetic to jambos. He is rubbishing Romanov for his inept executive management of the club. Since then it has gone from bad to worse.

[

Well said Shaun. Never mind one day the blind will open their eyes.

QUOTE=shaun.lawson;30244]Yeah, that Chick Young: what an arse. Fancy mentioning the most ridiculous sacking of any manager by any British club in modern times when that manager has just had his career crowned by appointment to the national job, returned to work in the country for the first time since said ridiculous sacking, and the club concerned has been going downhill ever since. No story in that at all, is there?

That's correct : there is no story in it , at all.

Dungheap could have written an article expressing his joy at GB being appointed with a career history of ALL his sackings but that wouldn't be the point. Would it.

In fact , I struggle to see the point of Dungheap's article (or is that an oxymoron).

Better stay off the sauce George. You can't fool all the people all the time.

Seymour M Hersh

Of course not unless it doesn't suit your agenda!!

However, do you ever think there will be a point when we can move on (fans & Media) from GB's time at Hearts? I noticed tonight a bit of bad editing on bbc glasgow. Blodie sports girl moved on to Of course last time you were........ What chance she was dragging it u again but was edited out (albeit badly).

[

You know I could not care less whether Burley liked a drink or not. Also I couldnt care less whether he did Romanovs niece or not, after all she is a consenting adult. Fact is Burley had us at the top of the league playing better fooball than we have for a long time. I didnt hear his drinking was preventing him from doing his job. As like all of us he can do what he wants in his free time. I dont know about anyone else, but I suspect seeing what I have over the last 2 years, there is no doubt in my mind who the deceitfull , misleading , and outright lying individuals are, and unfortunately there still with us. George I hope you do for Scotland what you werent allowed to do for us, and win our country some glory.

QUOTE=Blizzard;30278]Hearts reject appointed Scotland manager...

Aye George'll have plenty time to frequent his old haunting grounds...

Tynecastle arms...folded waiting for the teams to come out. Fingertips... clenched in an act of defiance against the looney what is Vladimir.

Burley did or didn't like a drink. Vlad did or didn't make a mistake.

One thing is certain though. We're pish now.

Had the misfortune to hear Chick on Radio Scotland tonight - he's doing some show tonight.

Talked about Burley being Scotland boss then went on about his champagne bet with GB if Hearts won the league and how "Mad Vlad" cocked it all up.

Would Radio Scotland allow him to talk about Mental Dave Murray? The man is in his late fifties FFS and still finds it funny to say Vlad is mental. Is this the onset of senile dementia or has he always acted like a 7 year old? If so can someone phone up his show tonight and ask to speak to Chick Dung and see how he reacts.

PS -I'd still believe something Vlad tells me before I'd believe one of his exclusives

However, do you ever think there will be a point when we can move on (fans & Media) from GB's time at Hearts? I noticed tonight a bit of bad editing on bbc glasgow. Blodie sports girl moved on to Of course last time you were........ What chance she was dragging it u again but was edited out (albeit badly).

We'll move on from it if Romanov ever appoints a manager and gives them a free reign.

We might be able to move on when he actually appoint his replacement. We have had a series of inept coaches since we sacked our manager. You may be able to deal with that but i still scratch my head in delusionment every single time i think about it.

Is Chick Young a slavering erse? Yes.

Are his comments about Hearts out of order? No.

Westcliff, I think you are reacting to the man and not what he said.

I'd agree with him alot more if I could reach the end of his posts without falling asleep.

:)

Oh dear. You're gonna love my latest offering, then! :biggrin:

M?me les horloges cass?es montrent le bon temps deux fois par jour. ;)

M?me les horloges cass?es montrent le bon temps deux fois par jour. ;)

Even the broken clocks show the good time twice a day ???

Nah, you've lost me there mate :wacko:

Even the broken clocks show the good time twice a day ???

Nah, you've lost me there mate :wacko:

7/10. Not far off - but could do better! :biggrin:

hearts @ heart

Did not find anything offensive in chick youngs piece.

Agree he should stay away from name calling which is best left to playgrounds.

I will tell you what though, I am in total agreement with a hearts fan dream. I have often found myself wondering what we might of achieved if GB had been left to get on with it. You know what else. Everytime I visit tynecastle since then (apart from about 4 occasions), that very thought has crossed my mind due to the poor performances we have had to put up with.

Sit there and say WHAT IF!

J.T.F.Robertson
You guys are so touchy.

Chick Young on Hearts/Burley from that article....

"Imagine what might have happened had that insane summer and then autumn of 2005 had been allowed to carry on as nature intended and Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov had kept his interfering hands to himself.

We'll never know of course - and Hearts fans can only dream.

What Romanov did seemed crazy at the time. Now it seems like undiluted lunacy. "

The truest words the man has ever written. I get the sense that Young would have loved to see Hearts change the pecking order in the SPL. For me, his words are pro Hearts as a club and sympathetic to jambos. He is rubbishing Romanov for his inept executive management of the club. Since then it has gone from bad to worse.

The words may be true, the sentiment certainly is not.

If you believe for one second, this trumped up little no-mark ever wished for Hearts to carry their league lead to the conclusion of that season, then you've allowed your *disillusionment with Vlad to cloud every Hearts' issue.

If memory serves, back then, he (and others) did nothing, other than ridicule and belittle the very notion, someone even had the brass neck to attempt an interruption of their cosy wee monopoly.

*I'm no different, btw.

Archived