Sporting Director

steve123

lost in space

"Hearts have paused their search for a sporting director, with the appointment set to be delayed until next year."

This is from BBC Gossip - appeared in the Sun apparently.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cut The Crap
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Quotes today that she is to step down after the arbitration hearing.

New CEO appointed.

Hallelujah.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

New CEO appointed.

This should be no surprise. She is due to hand the club over to fan ownership and I always felt she would struggle to survive the relegation.

No CEO in any industry would survive such gross underperformance. 

17 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

New CEO appointed.

Quotes from who? 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

New CEO appointed.

I’ve had a look and can’t see anything, where have you read quotes on her stepping down? It’s pretty big news if true 

4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

I’ve had a look and can’t see anything, where have you read quotes on her stepping down? It’s pretty big news if true 

She won't step down. She will just stop being the CEO and continue to be chairwoman. She currently does both roles 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, The Roller said:

aviary-image-1594631871398.jpeg

1 minute ago, bazman said:

She won't step down. She will just stop being the CEO and continue to be chairwoman. She currently does both roles 

Yes, I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. Stepping down from CEO, possibly as early as this week is pretty big news.

I just can’t find any quotes 

Neil Dongcaster

She’s making it up as she goes along. I also don’t think she has any intention of stepping down soon. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, The Roller said:

So not after arbitration and no quotes saying so.

Cheers.

Well it's not my quote is it.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Well it's not my quote is it.

It’s nobody’s quote.

And even if it were it makes no reference of her stepping down after arbitration.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, The Roller said:

It’s nobody’s quote.

And even if it were it makes no reference of her stepping down after arbitration.

It is somebody's quote,somebody has quoted it and sent it to print.🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

queen ann has been making it up as she goes along for a number of years - plenty evidence of that

Ofc she has been making it up, everyone does. 

A sd is probably not needed in the championship and all clubs will be financially stretched. 

Quite incredible that folk think Budge has been anything other than the best owner we have had in the last 40 years. 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Quite incredible that folk think Budge has been anything other than the best owner we have had in the last 40 years. 

Hopefully she'll hang around in some capacity. Do like the idea of a new CEO though 

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It is somebody's quote,somebody has quoted it and sent it to print.🤣🤣

Ok, it’s the hacks opinion, and not an attributed quote. Fair enough.

And the stepping down after arbitration part that you added of your own back?? 🤣🤣 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Ok, it’s the hacks opinion, and not an attributed quote. Fair enough.

And the stepping down after arbitration part that you added of your own back?? 🤣🤣 

Sorry I should of put after "the Covid-19" situation of which has led us to arbitration.

Jeez Louise.

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hopefully she'll hang around in some capacity. Do like the idea of a new CEO though 

Yep, that would be my preference too. 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I can see her as club chairwoman, so she takes a step back and the new CEO takes over the work.

Yet again a minority take Red Top Gossip as gospel when on other threads the Red Tops are the scum of the earth. For the sake of sanity can we try and base opinion on informed comments from official sources without the needless knee jerking - then again......

3 minutes ago, biffa12 said:

Yet again a minority take Red Top Gossip as gospel when on other threads the Red Tops are the scum of the earth. For the sake of sanity can we try and base opinion on informed comments from official sources without the needless knee jerking - then again......

Nobody is saying it's gospel but it's well worth debating whatever the merits are 

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sorry I should of put after "the Covid-19" situation of which has led us to arbitration.

Jeez Louise.

You’re not very bright.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, The Roller said:

You’re not very bright.

🤣🤣 maybe not but at least I'm not an ersehole.

Enjoy your day.

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Nobody is saying it's gospel but it's well worth debating whatever the merits are 

Yep.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Correct.

Cut The Crap
35 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Careful what you wish for.

All I wish for is a Hearts team performing in a manner commensurate with its available budget.

Anyway, it looks like it's "as you were" in terms of executive leadership for the time being, so it remains a moot point for now.  :sad:

manaliveits105

No rush Ann - although Im sure she is exhausted having to deal with the pondlife of Scottish football boards and media .

When we win the case she can hand over the reigns at her leisure then float about the Med on her yacht with a glass of vino in her hand whilst phoning into Dick Gordon on Sportsound and asking - where did it all go wrong for me DICK ?

Malinga the Swinga
59 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not really. It's the same miserable folk who have either disliked her since she cruelly sacked Lockie (did not renew his contract when it was up) many moons ago, or since she tried to create a more family atmosphere at Tyncastle. They will never change their minds.

Francis Albert

Good decision on SD. Only sporting priority for next two years is putting a first team on the pitch either to get promotion or avoid repeating  the relegation form of last season. That is Neilson's job. 

It's not clear what division we'll playing in and if it's the Champioship do we really need the luxury of a SD?

Maybe that cost could be better applied to get in another decent player.

What would people prefer?  A decent new player or a SD?

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

No rush Ann - although Im sure she is exhausted having to deal with the pondlife of Scottish football boards and media .

When we win the case she can hand over the reigns at her leisure then float about the Med on her yacht with a glass of vino in her hand whilst phoning into Dick Gordon on Sportsound and asking - where did it all go wrong for me DICK ?

That would be delicious

Haringshairband

Why go public with the appointment of an SD and then make a u-turn a couple of weeks later? To me it highlights what we've known for some time, no one at Tynecastle has a clue when it comes to recruitment.

5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Why go public with the appointment of an SD and then make a u-turn a couple of weeks later? To me it highlights what we've known for some time, no one at Tynecastle has a clue when it comes to recruitment.

Well some idiots just signed Robbie and Craig , a couple of handy signings 

Would anyone not want to see Ann Budge give the title of Honorary President of Heart of Midlothian as the Earl of Rosebery was given. I think it would be a fitting title for someone who has done so much for the club we all love. 

48 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good decision on SD. Only sporting priority for next two years is putting a first team on the pitch either to get promotion or avoid repeating  the relegation form of last season. That is Neilson's job. 

Or turn the first team into a much more improved bunch.  Definitely agree with the priority, hopefully get them changed within 6 months to a year. 

33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's not clear what division we'll playing in and if it's the Champioship do we really need the luxury of a SD?

Maybe that cost could be better applied to get in another decent player.

What would people prefer?  A decent new player or a SD?

I agree about the money could be used more wisely toward something that needs more attention, the first team.  Yeah we need to get a first team sorted before we worry about a future model from having a SD.  If we get McCulloch in that would be enough to manage the first team, with already having coaches at other levels.

Haringshairband
43 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Well some idiots just signed Robbie and Craig , a couple of handy signings 

Two signings well known to the club. We can't just rely on aging players who have done a job in the past. We need to start looking to the future.

6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Or turn the first team into a much more improved bunch.  Definitely agree with the priority, hopefully get them changed within 6 months to a year. 

I agree about the money could be used more wisely toward something that needs more attention, the first team.  Yeah we need to get a first team sorted before we worry about a future model from having a SD.  If we get McCulloch in that would be enough to manage the first team, with already having coaches at other levels.

And I’d also let Robbie look around and see what he has under his control and point out what could be done better so he could be involved with a SD or other appointment which would also help the new person understand the job involved. I know I’ve said this many times but a new SD should not be superior to a manager within the club the SD has to be someone who supports the managers needs  from contracts, scouts, team facilities, travel, equipment, Directors, CEO, media, player appearances, match tickets and so on. 

Hectormasson
54 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Totally agree there .....👍

3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Levein has now left along with his bizarre and scatter gun recruitement policy .... as has the influence of specific agents 

19 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Two signings well known to the club. We can't just rely on aging players who have done a job in the past. We need to start looking to the future.

Maybe we ARE looking to the future.

If reports are to be believed, we have a highly rpomising young keeper (Stone) in our ranks but he is a bit young/inexperienced at the moment.  So we have signed CG (an international keeper with long experience) to bridge the gap and bring him on, while CG could be getting groomed for a coaching role..  What's wrong with that?

I didn't know Robbie had been signed as a player.  Tell us more.

Jingle Bells

If true , I presume our current Head of Recruitment has been persuaded to hang on for another year.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 05/07/2020 at 15:01, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Unreal isn’t it :rofl:

Budge won’t appoint anyone. You’ll see

It’s almost as if you can see this stuff a mile off

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

If true , I presume our current Head of Recruitment has been persuaded to hang on for another year.

Murray? For the love of god, please no

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Just making it up as we go along as usual. 

100%. That’s been blindingly obvious for ages now. A lot of people just choose not to see it 

MarkDevriesScores4

Trying to get a Sporting Director in a pandemic where we have next to no income makes little sense. They would need to agree reduced wages and terms etc. It’s frustrating but I understand the delay to be honest.