billy davies

Guest jambomickey

monkfish1979
billy davies just said on talk 107 that he hasn't even spoken to hearts

Excellent. Davies is a grade A stroker.

Captain Lithuania

I'm sorry, but what is the point in this?

Nobody with any ounce of dignity would come near us, no surprise he hasn't even spoken, just be wasting his time.

Of course he hasn't spoken to Hearts. That's what happens when you 'don't do interviews' I suppose. Pfft.

I don't know why so many people are desperate for Davies. Is it just because he is Scottish? I know he got Derby promoted but he hasn't exactly had a brilliant record as a manager. I'd obviously take him now given the current situation but ordinarily I wouldn't be too excited about him getting appointed.

So is this maybe Billy changing his stance from "you know where to find me"..............to a point somewhere roundabout "erm .....did you try to call me earlier ? " :rolleyes:

Personally, I reckon with all the movement of managers/coaches that there have been in England over the past few months the fact that Davies hasn't been quoted for any of the jobs maybe speaks volumes.

Heard the interview,he came across as a very confident guy,and knows what he wants from a club,so that rules him out of tynie

Dougie Masterton
Personally, I reckon with all the movement of managers/coaches that there have been in England over the past few months the fact that Davies hasn't been quoted for any of the jobs maybe speaks volumes.

Maybe the fact that nobody has touched him, has nothing whatsever to do with his football abilities. And more to do with his social life. ;)

I don't know why so many people are desperate for Davies. Is it just because he is Scottish? I know he got Derby promoted but he hasn't exactly had a brilliant record as a manager. I'd obviously take him now given the current situation but ordinarily I wouldn't be too excited about him getting appointed.

and just what was Mark McGees RECORD ???

alwaysthereinspirit

Good. He's a wee toe-rag.

and just what was Mark McGees RECORD ???

He had a mixed record before Motherwell but he'd clearly done a great job to get Motherwell third. Again I'd argue that people were more excited about getting him than they usually would be because we are so desperate for a manager. I also think that McGhee comes across very well in interviews and I'd rather have him than Davies.

I think it is simptomatic of the state we were in. When Billy Davies was linked with us prior to Burleys appointment I seem to recall people being up in arms.

Now he is seen by many as the best choice despite minimal success in the intervening period.

We are in a situation where no manager will be universally accepted, whether it be Davies, McGhee, Levein, Jeffries or a continental coach.

There are no outstanding British coaches that are available or who would come to Hearts.

I don't place a great deal of importance on the Scottish/British angle as for me the scottish managerial merry-go-round is fairly insestuous and a well worn track, where managers who have achieved very little success just move from one club to another, with the same OF inferiority complex.

He had a mixed record before Motherwell but he'd clearly done a great job to get Motherwell third. Again I'd argue that people were more excited about getting him than they usually would be because we are so desperate for a manager. I also think that McGhee comes across very well in interviews and I'd rather have him than Davies.

I presume you mean the ones he attends.

he has had one good season we will see what happens next season ::):):)

he has had one good season we will see what happens next season ::):):)
JUST 4 THE RECORD here is his stats as manager !!!!

Mark McGhee's managerial career

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Motherwell 18-06-2007 Present 44 21 16 7

Brighton 28-10-2003 08-09-2006 139 40 61 38

Millwall 25-09-2000 15-10-2003 163 75 49 39

Wolves 13-12-1995 05-11-1998 159 65 55 39

Leicester 14-12-1994 07-12-1995 51 16 21 14

Reading 10-05-1991 14-12-1994 183 79 53 51

colinmaroon

I'd rather have Zsa Zsa Gabor as manager than Davies!!!

He suffers from a severe dose of the BroxPox!!!

Head and shoulders above all of the 'candidates' we have been interviewing.

He has no chance of getting near the job, as this is far too sensible an option.

jambo mark

no thanks!!

i dont want a manager who insits on having a clause in his contract where he can walk out on the club if rangers come calling!!

(his social life leaves a lot to be desired - will become aparent in coming months)

Nobody with any ounce of dignity would come near us, no surprise he hasn't even spoken, just be wasting his time.

Oh aye..Davies has dignity in abundance right enough. Thank goodness we haven't approached him....oh and neither has anyone else. Wonder why.

The only ones who would welocme him would be the closet Huns/Unionits/Loyalist/Tories that hang about on JKB.

$ilvery_Moon
Excellent. Davies is a grade A stroker.

He is however a proven successful football manager. If someone is good at their job they should be considered whether people like or dislike them as a person.

Rubbish. 3 seasons he's managed in the CCC and he got into the playoffs every single time. That's not including his achievements at a Motherwell side with no cash. Derby finished 4th bottom the season before he got them promoted at the first time of asking.

Head and shoulders above all of the 'candidates' we have been interviewing.

He has no chance of getting near the job, as this is far too sensible an option.

Finally a sensible comment. I wish other people would open their eyes. He's achieved more than McGhee as a manager.

The only ones who would welocme him would be the closet Huns/Unionits/Loyalist/Tories that hang about on JKB.

Pathetic.

Boaby Ewing

I'd take him.

I don't care about his social life -- we've had a bloody nonce in charge before.

Archived