Bozanic

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Sad to see him go! Thought he always had a good attitude, rolled up his sleeves, played the ball forward and was coming into a good game when the league was stopped.

Scored one of the best goals we've ever scored at Easter Road too.  Definitely in the Top 5!

Wouldn't mind him staying if it could be worked out. 

PapaShango

Wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs for another year when we get the nod to start again provided he hasn't signed for anyone else. 

Very good squad player. Could never accuse him of not giving 100%.

Unfortunately in this climate squad players are a luxury we (and others) can’t afford to keep.

heartsfc_fan

Good luck to him. Was improving under Stendel and he scored two important goals v Rangers and Hibs recently.

Bazzas right boot

Was improving under Stendel and was becoming a good " Scottish type midfielder", in that he had a lot of energy, direct and was chipping in with goals.

His first touch was a shocker tho and he was limited in general, but really he  was finding his game under Stendel.

Would not be adverse to him coming back, but likewise if we could get a controlling type of midfielder that would be an upgrade.

You'd think he'd be decent value for money as well?

Good luck to the guy.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Did the odd thing that bought him more time but was generally bang average. Nice to see a clear out starting. Shame so many others are under contract.

PS - MacLean is genuinely one of the least talented strikers we’ve ever signed. Hopeless.

Started to look a bit like what we had with Edwards. Looked a good box to box midfielder, hard working and tenacious. In the first half of the season, I've no idea what sort of midfielder he was supposed to be.

All roads lead to Gorgie

He was one of the few players who didn't hide when the chips were down this season and he always looked to get the on the ball and try at least to do something with it. 

A shame if he is away, many more should be away before him.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Did the odd thing that bought him more time but was generally bang average. Nice to see a clear out starting. Shame so many others are under contract.

PS - MacLean is genuinely one of the least talented strikers we’ve ever signed. Hopeless.

MacLean for me, was just an experienced signing and someone to have around the dressing room who can fill in when short on strikers which is exactly what he did last season. Was never going to be a prolific goalscorer. Think we were hoping he'd be a Jimmy Bone-esque character. Came in, did a bit of a job, left again. Meh.

been here before

I always like Bozanic. Limited in what he could do but made up for it in effort snd a combatitive nature. Ive said before that he''s the sort of player that Perry Kitchen probably imagines himself to be.

Like most of the squad he had the life sucked out him by Levein but there were glimpses that were becoming more apparent under Stendal.

Id have liked to have seen him stay.

This generations Foster moment.

_111125664_19882743.jpg.42230117767bb176dafcf2151b53748c.jpg

Good luck to him.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_4c56b69c-5d9d-11ea-9891-dcb2edabd2b0.thumb.jpg.a53d737541595f3e310b62758837a5e5.jpg

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

MacLean for me, was just an experienced signing and someone to have around the dressing room who can fill in when short on strikers which is exactly what he did last season. Was never going to be a prolific goalscorer. Think we were hoping he'd be a Jimmy Bone-esque character. Came in, did a bit of a job, left again. Meh.

MacLean was a useful striker for us when signed, and even put in a number of goals when we went on our run at the top of league. Worked well. He was not meant to be first choice, but then all our first choice strikers got injured and we had to rely on him and he was played in a role that did not suit him at all. 

AGoodLaugh

His goals against Hibs and Rangers redeemed him somewhat but in most games he was very average. Good luck to him, but I'm not remotely sad he's gone. 

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

MacLean was a useful striker for us when signed, and even put in a number of goals when we went on our run at the top of league. Worked well. He was not meant to be first choice, but then all our first choice strikers got injured and we had to rely on him and he was played in a role that did not suit him at all. 

Exactly. Don't get the dislike for him at all really.

Batistuta87

Although not our best player, I am slightly sad to see him go. Should be commended for his efforts and for digging deep and still giving his all when Levein was playing him in all manner of different positions and not letting him get a consistent run in any particular role - from right mid to left mid, to left back, to all the variations of centre mid I can think of. He was a different player under Stendel and I'm sure under normal circumstances or under assurances of the league kicking off when it should he would have been offered a new deal - but I totally agree with the club's approach of reducing outgoings in every way possible until we know what's happening. If that means losing a couple of players then so be it, unfortunately. Nobody is completely indispensable at this moment in time. 

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Exactly. Don't get the dislike for him at all really.

I think its a hangover from when he was signed. People were angry that we signed a player in his mid 30s. When he was left on his own as the only striker this made things worse as people looking for an outlet for blame sought him as he was a striker who wasn't scoring. Then he became an example of our poor recruitment because we signed an old striker. I can understand peoples frustrations but he did not deserve the dislike from people.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye his first touch into the top corner at Easter Road was meant as a pass.....

:wink:

😂😂😂

The Natural Order

Would have been a very good player in the Championship so sad to see him go. It's all about costs at the moment. Good luck to the guy.

Don't want this thread to go all Leveiny, but Boz is one I feel was coached badly or used badly.

When he first came, I felt he tried to be positive on the ball and over time he just lost that and everything was safe with him (until he played under Dan and he became more adventurous again).

He always worked hard, buzzed around, tackled, won headers etc, but he just wasn't effective for a long time.  I don't think that was massively his fault.

Like a lot of players in the last couple of years, not actually bad recruitment (decent find actually), just poor use of him.

All the best Bozzy, good lad, and gave us a couple of great moments.

The Internet

Don't think he's that bad a player but I'm not sorry at all to see him go and won't miss him in the slightest. The same goes for like 90% of this squad. 

Not nearly as bad as some have made him out to be, think he’d done enough to earn another year - especially in the championship. 

Welcome back any time for that goal alone !

I'd like to keep him. Always gave 100% unlike some of the others. And the pressing game worked well for him - he was starting to flourish a bit under Stendel.

That Hibs goal...

Goes with my best wishes.

Hungry hippo

Always like players with a great attitude and he certainly fits the bill.

Would describe him a good sub rather than someone that should be starting in a normal Hearts midfield so fair enough he moves on.

Wish him nothing but the best as another example of Australians contributing well at the club.

weegie jambo
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Him and Sibbick.

Totally agree, we never saw much of Toby and I get the impression he would have turned out a good player for us if he hadn't got injured. Boz was a real tryer and that ER goal plus his free kick at Dens were 2 classics.

Marty Byrde

He's the type of bang average player that saw us relegated.

Nice goal against Hibs though.

Edited by Marty Byrde

2 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

He's the type of bang average player that saw us relegated.

Nice goal against Hibs though.

Have I missed something?

When did we get relegated?

Marty Byrde
5 minutes ago, Eno said:

Have I missed something?

When did we get relegated?

Are we really going to go down this precious route?

:tlj:

You know the point I'm making.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think its a hangover from when he was signed. People were angry that we signed a player in his mid 30s. When he was left on his own as the only striker this made things worse as people looking for an outlet for blame sought him as he was a striker who wasn't scoring. Then he became an example of our poor recruitment because we signed an old striker. I can understand peoples frustrations but he did not deserve the dislike from people.

You know I'm usually pretty fair JiG, especially when it comes to our own players.  I never, or very rarely, get on anyone's back.

MacLean killed me, mate.  I thought he was just awful, and played like a total prick, to boot!  In our unbeaten start to the season, he was good for harrying and he took players away from Uche and Naisy, but did little else.

From then on, as you say, he was hung out to dry to a massive extend by Levein, who for some bizarre reason, just refused to look at any other left field options while we had our injuries (why not play Mitchell and/or Morrisson up front, just to run run run and drag us up the park - pace alone is a huge worry for teams - I just didn't get his thinking).  But, considering he was a veteran, he shoudl have been able to offer the team more than he ever did in that spell.

From that moment on, his gameplay was simply abysmal.  He didn't hold the ball up, instead he generally tried a "clever" flick which lost possession; he didn't put himself about, instead he tried "clever" niggles with defenders and invariably got caught doing so; he didn't act as a leader, instead he was petulant a sulky.  Basically, he was trying to be Steven Naismith but with none of the skill, aggression or passion you need to be Steven Naismith.

He was also possibly the worst finisher I've seen in a maroon jersey over a period of time.  He had no strikers instinct - the amount of time he just needed to react and didn't or had time to bring it down but headed it, or shat out of it when he need to burst a gut to get there and maybe get hurt.  

Just minging, awful, terrible footballer.

And as I say, coming from me.... who has in the past defended the likes of Kingston, Obua and even Oshaniwa and probably plenty more who I thought got a rough time!!!!

Bunny Munro

Bozanic did ok this year, but let's not forget last year he was fourth choice behind Lee, Haring, and Djoum, and there was a reason for that. This year CL tried to shoehorn Sean Clare into CM ahead of him.

As for MacLean, acted like he was Billy big baws and missed a sitter every week. Welt of a man.

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He was one of the few players who didn't hide when the chips were down this season and he always looked to get the on the ball and try at least to do something with it. 

A shame if he is away, many more should be away before him.

Spot on.

Dave McCreery's knee

Has been back in australia for a couple of months. 

Improved under Stendel and was more positive. Cant see him ever being the midfield general that we need though. 

Part of a squad that’s bottom of the league, really couldn’t give a shit about any of the players at the club right now.

cya 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

You know I'm usually pretty fair JiG, especially when it comes to our own players.  I never, or very rarely, get on anyone's back.

MacLean killed me, mate.  I thought he was just awful, and played like a total prick, to boot!  In our unbeaten start to the season, he was good for harrying and he took players away from Uche and Naisy, but did little else.

From then on, as you say, he was hung out to dry to a massive extend by Levein, who for some bizarre reason, just refused to look at any other left field options while we had our injuries (why not play Mitchell and/or Morrisson up front, just to run run run and drag us up the park - pace alone is a huge worry for teams - I just didn't get his thinking).  But, considering he was a veteran, he shoudl have been able to offer the team more than he ever did in that spell.

From that moment on, his gameplay was simply abysmal.  He didn't hold the ball up, instead he generally tried a "clever" flick which lost possession; he didn't put himself about, instead he tried "clever" niggles with defenders and invariably got caught doing so; he didn't act as a leader, instead he was petulant a sulky.  Basically, he was trying to be Steven Naismith but with none of the skill, aggression or passion you need to be Steven Naismith.

He was also possibly the worst finisher I've seen in a maroon jersey over a period of time.  He had no strikers instinct - the amount of time he just needed to react and didn't or had time to bring it down but headed it, or shat out of it when he need to burst a gut to get there and maybe get hurt.  

Just minging, awful, terrible footballer.

And as I say, coming from me.... who has in the past defended the likes of Kingston, Obua and even Oshaniwa and probably plenty more who I thought got a rough time!!!!

Spot on. Hated how he was always nipping folk, standing on toes, giving folk sly digs to the ribs, using his elbows, grabbing folks baws, just generally being an utter fud. Was a red card and a long ban waiting to happen if he ever got caught. He was absolutely honking from day 1 and I'm glad to see the back of him. Should never have been a Hearts player.

For Bozanic, it all came too late for him in the shape of Stendel, and of course the Covid outbreak has been the decision maker.

There’s an argument he was becoming better under DS in an environment the manager actually wants you to play football and develop you mentally in a positive manner. However, I still think he was too inconsistent and it’s that’s been one or our big problems (aside from the previous coaching team) with a lot of our players. 

He was brilliant over the 2 games v Rangers then Hibs but was hooked at half time v Motherwell as he was anonymous and out of sorts. All too common with Hearts recently. 

gowestjambo

One great goal against hibs. Apart from that he along with a bunch of other mediocre midfielders is the reason we are bottom of the League.

I cannot believe some of the comments, why do some Supporters set the bar so low? Our midfield was regularly dominated and why we never competed in most of our games.

Bull's-eye

Wouldn't be surprised to see him back when play resumes.

Only viable decision was to not renew his contract. 

Famous 1874

The guy was absolutely dreadful in the vast majority of games that he played? 

The last 5 years recruitment, results, management etc has created a real mediocre attitude in the club. 

2 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Are we really going to go down this precious route?

:tlj:

You know the point I'm making.

With all the rumours, nonsense and SPFL dithering. It's difficult to keep track 👍

A player that summed up our decline. A nice guy, tried hard but pretty poor all round, the type of player we seem to have been attracted to for the past few years. 

Great goal v Hibs but that is quite literally all I have to say for his few years at the club.  A major flop that we have all become used to seeing at our club.

been here before
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Great goal v Hibs but that is quite literally all I have to say for his few years at the club.  A major flop that we have all become used to seeing at our club.

You've seen him have you? At a game, with your own eyes?

Playing for "our club".

"our"   :rofl:

18Jambo_dave74
2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

One great goal against hibs. Apart from that he along with a bunch of other mediocre midfielders is the reason we are bottom of the League.

I cannot believe some of the comments, why do some Supporters set the bar so low? Our midfield was regularly dominated and why we never competed in most of our games.

Completely agree with this. 

i think we have been so bad the last couple of years that some fans have forgotten what good players look like. Don't get me wrong Bozanic was okay in a 'backup/squad player to occasionally come in and do a job' position. But at the end of the day he has been a regular starter in an awful Hearts team that is bottom of the league. 

I've read comments from people saying they are pleased we're retaining Brandon and Moore. We don't need a goalkeeper because Zlamal will do. Disappointed Petkov hasn't been offered a contract etc etc. 

I can understand that there are arguments for various players and I'm not necessarily saying they are all wrong but it just feels that some are too accepting of poor to average players. 

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Sad to see him go! Thought he always had a good attitude, rolled up his sleeves, played the ball forward and was coming into a good game when the league was stopped.

Scored a few decent goals and was coming on to a good game too, didn't mind him tbh.......