Apathy and disease in "Homfclet" ?

Jamtartsinspace

Jamtartsinspace

Alas poor George Burlius,I knew him, Vladimir a fellow of alleged infinite wealth and finally we see the overall current strategy ofSell, sell sell,sell buy sell sell sell.....pity my poor shakespeare but it is important that this has to happen...

With wages supposedly as high as ?10-12m this is too high for our fanbase and VR to support even in the medium term the spiral up had to end , Borrowing money is tighter, businesses even huge ones like VR's at ?425M need to tighten their belts and there is not the spare cash toplay with in edges of a recession, maybe this has been one of the underpinning reasons for the adjustment last season to enable the higher value sales before this kicks in

My take is that new managers who are unkown to current Hearts ownership fear 2 things, the alleged interference and that they will need to manage the team on a much tighter budget if even declared.

For this thread lets remove the VR personality and the and dwell on the harsh economics and I think the strategy is right for a club of Hearts size.

Debate on ?

The club has not been run on a sensible business plan since the middle days of Wallace Mercer's reign.

The Pieman/Vladimir Romanov eras have seen the business side of the club similarly badly run.

Jamtartsinspace

Thanks Coco

I did believe that until I read that the debts are beginning to reduce fast, is this short term ? maybe, maybe not. but the economics need to chabge.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

In 25 years of suporting Hearts I have NEVER known us to be well run. Every Hearts manager has at one time been told there is no money for players. Some have even been told to get rid of players to balance the books. The word debt is synonomis with Hearts and has been since the 70's.

Mercer, Piemanand Vlad all had/have one thing in common. Their arrogance far outweighs thier ability to run a football club. We tend to get a bit misty eyed about Mercer and it goes without saying he saved the club from certain oblivion. But i'm sure a few of us were part of a dwindling attendence at Tynecastle watching mediocre players lose to mediocre teams chanting "Mercer, Mercer get to ****." And get to **** he did. He sold up to "Hearts fanatic" Chris Robinson who could barely balance the books in a pie factory, let alone a football club. Fast Forward 5 years, the same crowd sing the same songs attempting to get a differenet joker out the club. And now here we are another 5 years down the line doing the same with Vlad.

We are football fans supporting a football club. My arse knows more about Cross Stitching than i do about football economics. Some in here like to make out they know the score and may indeed do. If i am too young to remember this utopia called "solvency" then I apologise. But in all honesty, Vlads record of mismanagement is only the last in a long line who have tried and succeded before in making a Gareth Hunt of it.

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Jamtartsinspace

Thanks Mr Tall !

You may be correct about financial mis management,I too supprted Hearts thru "Thin and Thinner" but the debts today are huge and cannot be managed. I dont know how accurate the figure is but I have heard that ?6-7M has already come of the debt, this could be luck/moment in time, or the beginning of real financial management.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Thanks Mr Tall !

You may be correct about financial mis management,I too supprted Hearts thru "Thin and Thinner" but the debts today are huge and cannot be managed. I dont know how accurate the figure is but I have heard that ?6-7M has already come of the debt, this could be luck/moment in time, or the beginning of real financial management.

Very true. And its very difficult not sound like a Vlad sympathiser here, but If that amount of debt has been reduced over say 12 months (were results and performances have at times been embarrising) surely there is method in Romanov's madness. Reduce the debt and hang the team and fans. Which makes us no differet than Hibs.

In this day in age though it appears impossible for sensible financial management and good performances by good players on the park not to be mutually exclusive.

Jamtartsinspace

Agree, if sound debt reduction is in place then budgets can be allocated w/o the club getting financially caned.

I had real issues with the lack of info from the owners of HMFC and was well p===== off

and in a dark place.....however I decided to change how I viewed things eg disease and apathy and try to see a positive....no I'm not a Mary poppins

Archived