Banning journalists from the club.

GinRummy

sandylejambo

just be like me, don't buy their papers and don't click on their headline bate on the net (I sometimes do, but regret it always), soon enough those rags and nobodies will be no more, fikken parasites.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• oi oi

• martoon

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

ToadKiller Dog

If they the press are telling down right lies or knowing making stuff up ,which could be harmful to the club of course a ban should be an option.

Certainly removal of press privileges. 

Free speech doesnt give you the right to talk shite .

I know for a fact that if celtic are upset about the coverage they get or other clubs get too much air /print time they are right on the phone to editor with the threat to pull all contact and if it's a private company (non beeb ) they will use the threat to get celtic minded businesses to pull advertising and it works. 

We dont have that power but there should be routes the club can take .

BelgeJambo

Scott Wilson to announce what journalists are present prior to kick off. 😃😃😃🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

We could licence them.   Only admit or communicate with those who sign up to our standards.    A sort of charter of standards to be measured against.

Agree to sign up?   Come on in.

Do not agree?    Here endeth your right to deal with the club.

They don’t need banned - what should happen though is that our media team should be naming and shaming these clown with our own press releases refuting the shite that  they come away with.  As for us we should be giving these folk the hairdryer treatment when they show face in our ground. Freedom of speech works two ways.

Keith Jackson and his ilk aren't journalists. They're hacks. Happy to quote 'sources' without ever having them go on the record. Invariably thats because they either A.) Don't exist B.) coming from an OF clubs media arm. 

He's an embarrassment to his profession, capable of offering all the critical analysis of a rock. I seriously think Harvey Price could offer more to Scottish football journalism that Keith Jackson. 

Remember his 'off the radar wealth' fluff piece about Craig Whyte? Aye good one. Even Whyte cringed. 

Name them before the game starts, then ask if they want broon or rid sauce on their pies.:smuggy:

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Something I’ve never been keen on in the past but given recent media coverage, could it be time to ban some journalists or newspapers from Tynecastle? 

Know how you feel. Seems like they are pretty far from being the free press they are supposed to be, and they simply push agendas instead. Personally, I’d serve them bananas and monkey nuts. Maybe slip some turbo-lax in to the bananas.

There should be no ban unless what is written is a lie and not an opinion

You cannot on the whole ban an opinion piece unless it is something such as racism etc

We know at this time it seems we are fair game for the media and as one of the larger clubs in the country the attacks create more news.  Linked with the virus fuels the flames

Celtic and Rangers would be subject to attack as well but with one exception...would the 'old form' clubs really be subject to expulsion/relegation ?......mind you if it was next season Celtic would be leading the charge for Rangers to go and I am not so sure Celtic really want us in the same division next season

What we can do is speak to the outlets, give them our view and explain they will not get the same access to players and management as others but we do not ban them from reporting on matches for example

Seymour M Hersh

Of the thick weejie knob ends who write or speak utter garbage about us how many ever pitch up to Tynecastle?  

SpruceBringsteen

Ross Pilcher of the Daily Record the worst offender for me. Barely literate and dresses like a member of a crap German 80s metal band.

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Something I’ve never been keen on in the past but given recent media coverage, could it be time to ban some journalists or newspapers from Tynecastle? 

Not keen on bans how about invitation to some, others ned to buy a ticket

Just now, Tynehead said:

Not keen on bans how about invitation to some, others ned to buy a ticket

Aye, if they bought a ticket then that works better for me. 

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Chick Young and Keith Jackson are to journalism what Joel Perreira is to goalkeeping. 

Wouldn’t spit on them if they were on fire. Total irrelevances who have slithered their way to public prominence in the murky, creepy world of Scottish football reporting. 

CY is a parasite and I wouldn’t know Jackson if I passed him in the street.

Anyone who reads tabloids (and most of the broadsheets, tbf) in this day and age is only giving these arseholes oxygen. Do yourself a favour and make up your own mind on things without needing the likes of Keith Jackson (or the OF media wing) to tell you what to think. 

Just think weegie jakey and you get the general idea.

As for Young, I wouldn't be banning him,  I ,too much, look forward to witnessing him tripping over his own shoe laces in the main stand bogs and landing face first in the urinal. 

Libertarian

After listening to Sunday Sportsound the only one I would ban is Paul Hartson, but then again he isn't a journalist he is an idiot.

Guest ToqueJambo

Never has the phrase "fans with typewriters" been so appropriate for Scottish football journalists. Very few are looking at the overall situation and the big picture and most are just wading into the partisan debates around self-interest.

Alan Pattullo's article on our 5 relegations was one of the silliest things I've read in this whole affair. Focusing on our relegations (choosing 1975 and ignoring it's actually 5 since we were formed - I think?) and ignoring two were for off field affairs, also ignoring clubs escaping relegation in previous years due to reconstructions, etc, and ignoring the fact that despite all that we've still probably spent less time in lower leagues than Hibs (and maybe Rangers) recently and are still the 3rd best club in the country in the all-time league table despite those 5 lapses.

So basically while we have been shit a handful of times we've been better than average far more times. One of the worst football articles I've ever read. Always thought Pattullo was one of the sensible ones. Maybe the criticism of Dundee's part in this has got to him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

JamboNation

I don't think we should ban journalists at all however we should ban employees of the Daily Record who have demonstrated their own editorial anti Hearts agenda since the voting shambles started and fail any definition of factual journalism and deal " EXCLUSIVELY " in lazy hatchet jobs 

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

😂guys like Chick Young who referred to hearts fans as ‘pigs’ 

I wasn't aware of this, got anymore detail etc? 

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd make them pay their way in. No more freebies.

Agreed. 

We should also get right into them when they are in the stands as well.

It isn't like we don't know where they sit we should be aiming verbals at them and let them know how we feel about this demonisation of Hearts by them.

Pre warn them with a disclaimer that if they print lies, defame the club, or print offensive images, the journo & his paper will be banned.

will-i-am-a-jambo

I don't think we should ban journalists but we should definitely be more savvy in what we say in statements. Wallace Mercer had the right idea of handling journalists and rarely did we have bad publicity (as far as l can recall) when he was in charge. Apart from the merger proposal with Hibs l may add!

jambo-in-furness

Sort of weird situation here as journos are going to be the only guys attending games in stadiums for quite some time due to social distancing. 

shite though eh?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Rods said:

Robert Grieve and Robert Thomson  should be banned aswell as all Daily record staff.

This Robert Grieve? Hugh McIlvanney he ain't. His prose reads like a Ladybird book or a really long, really bad poem by someone with English as a second language.

Chief Football Writer 🤣

Kris Boyd has every right to express his opinion on would-be Hearts boss Ian Cathro

BY ROBERT GRIEVE, CHIEF FOOTBALL WRITER

KRIS BOYD should hang his head in shame.

How dare he voice his opinion?

Kris Boyd was on the same coaching course as Ian Cathro

Who does he think he is to say what he thinks?

Ian Cathro is 30 years of age, a grown man.

But it’s still a scandal Boyd has got it into his head he’s allowed to write about him in his weekly SunSport column.

What does he know?

He’s been a professional since he was a teenager, so what?

He’s played for one of the biggest clubs in the country and represented his country 18 times, scoring seven goals, pffft.

He’s travelled the world as a footballer, but who hasn’t?

He’s seen first-hand what Cathro is like having been on the same Pro Licence coaching course as the would-be Hearts boss.

And all he’s really questioned is what the boy is like off the training pitch.

It’s what most people in the game wonder but aren’t brave enough to say it.

But what does that matter?

Damn him. He’s still bang out of order.

Footballers should be seen and not heard.

They’re not allowed to say what they think. It’s against the rules.

It’s far better when club PR officers gag them from speaking and insists they babysit them whenever there’s a press conference.

It’s not on for one of them to express a view which bloggers and anonymous internet bampots may disagree with.

The sooner Boydy is run out of town the better.

In fact, Kilmarnock should hammer him for breaking rank, not allowing their employees to express themselves.

Manager Lee Clark should be having a word in his ear, really giving him what’s for.

Boyd would then learn.

He’d think twice about opening that big gob of his.

Ian Cathro looks set to be named the next Hearts bossCredit: PA:Press Association

He’d know his opinions aren’t welcome in Scottish football and would start writing dull, uninteresting columns on formations and tactics. That would be much, much better.

Poor Cathro.

He must be beside himself.

He’s not even in the door at Tynecastle and he’s being hounded out already. But his critics are all dinosaurs. He’ll show them.

There’s absolutely no question whatsoever he’s going to be a rip-roaring success with the Jambos and anyone who even suggests otherwise is just a hater.

Expressing a view that appointing him is maybe even a slight risk is abysmal.

Don’t the doubters know the world has changed?

Can’t they understand Ian is a modern, blue-sky thinker who oozes passion? That he gives 110% on the training pitch?

He’s worked all over Europe, you know, handing out bibs and laying out markers at some of the biggest clubs there’s ever been.

Hearts are lucky to get him.

No, Boyd is only jealous he’s not getting to work with Craig Levein. He’s bitter and twisted, not open and honest.

He’s got an agenda. In fact, my mate’s uncle’s best friend’s budgie once said he saw him with a Hibees scarf on at Easter Road one day.

I didn’t believe him but it makes sense now.

No, football used to be all about opinions. But not anymore.

Edited by ToqueJambo

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not really though is it 😏 Banning Chick Young for calling us pigs leaves a fair bit of breathing space from us becoming some sort of far left totalitarian micro state. In saying that I have been drawing up a list of new and potentially new dissenters of the hearts cause. 

Banning journalists is a very SEVCO5088 thing to do.  Not sticking up for Chick Young but are you deliberately taking what he said out of context?  He didn't call us pigs he used the term "squealing like pigs".  Neither are palatable descriptions but context is important.

Is there something other clubs do to protect themselves against such constant attacks from the media? 

Obviously rangers and celtic will just turn round and ban the journo that criticises them, or their brainless masses will turn on them but what about Aberdeen and Hibs. They seem to get a relatively easy time of it, why?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Is there something other clubs do to protect themselves against such constant attacks from the media? 

Obviously rangers and celtic will just turn round and ban the journo that criticises them, or their brainless masses will turn on them but what about Aberdeen and Hibs. They seem to get a relatively easy time of it, why?

Because we're the only club in the last 25 years to make a concerted effort to challenge the OF or at least try to close the gap, which really annoys the OF lackeys in the media. And in doing so we firmly established our 3rd best in the country credentials, which really annoys the Aberdeen and Hibs fans in the media.

5 hours ago, oi oi said:

Banning journalists is a very SEVCO5088 thing to do.  Not sticking up for Chick Young but are you deliberately taking what he said out of context?  He didn't call us pigs he used the term "squealing like pigs".  Neither are palatable descriptions but context is important.

So he was comparing us to pigs. You shouldn’t be going round using phrases like that. A few folk have described banning journalists as a Hun thing. I kinda disagree with that. Just because rangers have done it doesn’t mean it’s a rangers thing to do. 

Do you think Chick would have dared to describe Rangers or Celtic fans as ‘screaming like pigs”? I don’t. I think the Sunday mails bloody knife thing and chick Young’s comments are over the score. Young never even apologised. 

20 hours ago, GinRummy said:

😂 tbf I never suggested anything like that.  I suppose my issue is with guys like Chick Young who referred to hearts fans as ‘pigs’ and presumably will be afforded some level of hospitality next time he comes to tynecastle as a journalist. I’ve nothing against journalists having an opinion that doesn’t match that of an average hearts fan. 

I detest Chick Young! He is thick as shit but tries to come across as the grand philosopher of Scottish football.

He hates Hearts with a passion and some of the stuff he has come out with should have seen him in court for slander!

I saw his smiling ugly puss coming out of Hampden after the LC final - jeez it was all I could do not to thump the little tosser!

My favourite footage is Walter Smith ripping the little **** up for arse paper in the Ibrox tunnel a few years ago! 😂

19 hours ago, trotter said:

Isn't he also a Midden fan? Says it all that he wants to protect the other two. 

So he says, but he has also talked about having a soft spot for Killie, and also, as boy, getting lifted over the wall at Tynecastle, so he can watch Hearts. 

Kind of like, when we won the cup in 2006.  He said he predicted the winner, but changed his mind about four times.   I think he backed Celtic and Aberdeen at one point, backed Hibs against us in the semi, and us in the final.   Then said he predicted the winner. 

The guy is an arse. 

Dagger Is Back

I've gone full circle on this.

I'd let them in but they have to pay the going rate. After all we're giving them a nice wee seat and it's important that every club maximises it's income potential apparently. I'd also make sure that certain 'journalists' were given an appropriate Gorgie welcome

21 hours ago, GinRummy said:

So he was comparing us to pigs. You shouldn’t be going round using phrases like that. A few folk have described banning journalists as a Hun thing. I kinda disagree with that. Just because rangers have done it doesn’t mean it’s a rangers thing to do. 

Do you think Chick would have dared to describe Rangers or Celtic fans as ‘screaming like pigs”? I don’t. I think the Sunday mails bloody knife thing and chick Young’s comments are over the score. Young never even apologised. 

It's a turn of phrase.  Sticks and stones sweetheart.

1 hour ago, oi oi said:

I asked if you think he’d ha e said it referring to Rangers and Celtic fans. There are lots of phrases and turns of phrases that are inappropriate darling. Where’s the line doll?

Billybuffjaw
On 26/05/2020 at 13:51, manaliveits105 said:

Starve them of oxygen - don't listen to them on radio - don't buy their papers or click on their sites 

Bang on mate, I haven't bought a newspaper of any description in years and stopped listening to the odious Sportsound a long time ago. It's ironic those calling the media out are usually the ones tuning in.

On 26/05/2020 at 13:12, queensferryjambo said:

The journalists that are getting into Hearts probably rarely ever attend Tynecastle you would think - apart from Rangers and Celtic games

The above hits the nail on the head.

We have to accept that certain media outlets don't like the club. To a degree that can work for you if the manager can create a siege mentality, let's show them.

I'd continue to allow the daily ranger in etc and report on their beloved gers getting beat. 

Alex Ferguson called it years ago it's a Glasgow press it always will be. The more to they slag us off the more the FOH pledges go up, carry on I say. 

Radio Scotland on a Saturday is awful but that's more about the bbc. Richard Gordon is the pits. Biased host who makes no secret of destain for us. Chart it back to when he made a racist comment about miko told him to go home after he won the penalty against Scotland.

Willie Millar who gets wheeled out from cold storage to watch Aberdeen games and offer pro sheep opinions. That pair are just clowns. Just crap at their broadcasting jobs and BBC radio coverage again is pro old firm and amateurish at best. It's always been that way and it won't change. I just tend now not to listen

Edited by mscjambo

4 hours ago, oi oi said:

There are quite a few turn of phrases that are totally unacceptable for a BBC employee to broadcast on national radio - THAT was one of them!

Defending Chick feckin Young! Pathetic!!

Having stood outside the main stand and heard a guy laughing and waving his press card, while boasting to his pal that he was about to get in free, not having worked as a journo in ages... I would at least charge them all full premium rates for stand accommodation

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I asked if you think he’d ha e said it referring to Rangers and Celtic fans. There are lots of phrases and turns of phrases that are inappropriate darling. Where’s the line doll?

Who cares about them? He said fans were squealing like pigs. They were. Get over it. 

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There are quite a few turn of phrases that are totally unacceptable for a BBC employee to broadcast on national radio - THAT was one of them!

Defending Chick feckin Young! Pathetic!!

Defending freedom of expression. 

2 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Who cares about them? He said fans were squealing like pigs. They were. Get over it. 

It’s you that pulled me up on it and you’ve been keeping the conversation going as much as I have. The fans weren’t squealing like pigs, you’re wrong about that, we were complaining about our unfair expulsion from the league.