Academy players - who's ready for the first team?

Boab Mugabe

Boab Mugabe

We saw towards the end of last season Glen and Thompson getting a run out, is there anyone else who may be able to make the weekend Fax sheet? McGowan, Visconte and Templeton seem to get good reviews by the folk who watch them more often than I do.

I think the first team misses a couple of attacking midfielders quite badly. When Hearts have played well in recent years a forward-thinking midfield was a big part of it. Since we've lost the likes of Skacel and Hartley we look toothless, leaving Velicka as basically our only goal threat last year. Anybody in the youths who could do that role?

After the mince served up to us last season by the first team I don't think we have all that much to lose by giving the youngsters more opportunities.

rudi must stay
We saw towards the end of last season Glen and Thompson getting a run out, is there anyone else who may be able to make the weekend Fax sheet? McGowan, Visconte and Templeton seem to get good reviews by the folk who watch them more often than I do.

I think the first team misses a couple of attacking midfielders quite badly. When Hearts have played well in recent years a forward-thinking midfield was a big part of it. Since we've lost the likes of Skacel and Hartley we look toothless, leaving Velicka as basically our only goal threat last year. Anybody in the youths who could do that role?

After the mince served up to us last season by the first team I don't think we have all that much to lose by giving the youngsters more opportunities.

he's probably not a Academy player anymore but Mole did well enough last year to get a chance imo

Captain Lithuania

Thompson, Glen, Mcgowan, Kostadinov, and Copil, give them a chance, I think they can do it.

thompson and glen will prob make more of a showing in the first team this year, as well as mcgowan, templeton needs a bit more work but he is getting there. anybody seen this elias wagner who signed fae the hobos, cant think if ive seen him play, or if he is any good.

Seymour M Hersh

Glen, Thompson, Jonny Brown, McGowan and some others I did not recognise were training with the first team this afternoon.

Rawrrrrrrr

McGowan and Glen

Rapnik, Templeton, Brown etc need loan spells at a decent level to bulk up and become used to the rigurs of first team football

The likes of Jason Thomson, Jamie Mole and all the other 20-22 year olds not getting a look in should be moved on, at least temporarily

Mole has the talent but he is 20? now and for me he has not showed enough to merit a squad place and should be loaned out

Im sure a team like Airdrie who have half a squad or Clyde would happily take them on loan for the season

Charlie-Brown

Gary Glen is probably a better all round footballer playing as an attacking midfielder & support striker than simply playing him up front as a striker / poacher like Velicka was, Glen can also play wide on the flanks & attack from there like Skacel used to.

itsnomarooned
thompson and glen will prob make more of a showing in the first team this year, as well as mcgowan, templeton needs a bit more work but he is getting there. anybody seen this elias wagner who signed fae the hobos, cant think if ive seen him play, or if he is any good.

Saw Wagner a couple of times last year in the U19s and he looked pretty good. Kostadinov looked pretty lightweight to be honest and Copil needs to grow up. Glen obviously looks lively but I thought that Thomson was pretty pants at the end of the season. McGown ready for the step up I would say.

Archived