Face Masks

Theme From Sparta F.C.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have posted a few times about mask users completely disregarding the advice about proper wearing of masks. Disposable masks disposed after one use. Washable masks  wadjef after each use. Avoidance of touching mask

Expecting a response from the ardent rule followers I was sure at least one of them would claim.to be following the mask wearing rules. No-one did. 

Ah, those disposable masks...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-disposable-face-masks-creating-new-plastic-pollution-crisis-experts-warn-12045350

Another kick in the teeth for future generations thanks to the world shitting the bed because of a virus.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• jonesy

• Samuel Camazzola

• The Real Maroonblood

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Not clicking on this. It looks like the link you'd find in a phishing email. 

We studied sources of variation between countries in per-capita mortality from COVID-19 (caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus). Potential predictors of per-capita coronavirus-related mortality in 200 countries by May 9, 2020 were examined, including age, gender, obesity prevalence, temperature, urbanization, smoking, duration of the outbreak, lockdowns, viral testing, contact-tracing policies, and public mask-wearing norms and policies. Multivariable linear regression analysis was performed. In univariate analysis, the prevalence of smoking, per-capita gross domestic product, urbanization, and colder average country temperature was positively associated with coronavirus-related mortality. In a multivariable analysis of 196 countries, the duration of the outbreak in the country, and the proportion of the population aged 60 years or older were positively associated with per-capita mortality, whereas duration of mask-wearing by the public was negatively associated with mortality (all P < 0.001). Obesity and less stringent international travel restrictions were independently associated with mortality in a model which controlled for testing policy. Viral testing policies and levels were not associated with mortality. Internal lockdown was associated with a nonsignificant 2.4% reduction in mortality each week (P = 0.83). The association of contact-tracing policy with mortality was not statistically significant (P = 0.06). In countries with cultural norms or government policies supporting public mask-wearing, per-capita coronavirus mortality increased on average by just 16.2% each week, as compared with 61.9% each week in remaining countries. Societal norms and government policies supporting the wearing of masks by the public, as well as international travel controls, are independently associated with lower per-capita mortality from COVID-19.

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever
Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We studied sources of variation between countries in per-capita mortality from COVID-19 (caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus). Potential predictors of per-capita coronavirus-related mortality in 200 countries by May 9, 2020 were examined, including age, gender, obesity prevalence, temperature, urbanization, smoking, duration of the outbreak, lockdowns, viral testing, contact-tracing policies, and public mask-wearing norms and policies. Multivariable linear regression analysis was performed. In univariate analysis, the prevalence of smoking, per-capita gross domestic product, urbanization, and colder average country temperature was positively associated with coronavirus-related mortality. In a multivariable analysis of 196 countries, the duration of the outbreak in the country, and the proportion of the population aged 60 years or older were positively associated with per-capita mortality, whereas duration of mask-wearing by the public was negatively associated with mortality (all P < 0.001). Obesity and less stringent international travel restrictions were independently associated with mortality in a model which controlled for testing policy. Viral testing policies and levels were not associated with mortality. Internal lockdown was associated with a nonsignificant 2.4% reduction in mortality each week (P = 0.83). The association of contact-tracing policy with mortality was not statistically significant (P = 0.06). In countries with cultural norms or government policies supporting public mask-wearing, per-capita coronavirus mortality increased on average by just 16.2% each week, as compared with 61.9% each week in remaining countries. Societal norms and government policies supporting the wearing of masks by the public, as well as international travel controls, are independently associated with lower per-capita mortality from COVID-19.

Just a ramble with little substance. 

15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yes there is. The excuse is widely published within gym and leisure centre guidance. 

What’s the excuse then If it doesn’t impact breathing?

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s the excuse then If it doesn’t impact breathing?

You said there was no excuse. There is, it's not mandatory. 

Robovie uses lasers to measure social distancing, politely asks shoppers to cover up and guides them around the store

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/16/japan-shop-deploys-robot-to-check-people-are-wearing-face-masks

Not a bad idea

Thailand's had similar for the last 6 months, here is an article from May about them, and these were the first generation, there are much better ones out now.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/28/robots-deployed-to-shopping-malls-to-prevent-covid-19-spread

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Thailand's had similar for the last 6 months, here is an article from May about them, and these were the first generation, there are much better ones out now.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/28/robots-deployed-to-shopping-malls-to-prevent-covid-19-spread

brilliant, just put them on charge at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

brilliant, just put them on charge at the end of the day.

It's the future, after all this is over, i can see them wandering around shopping centres giving out public safety messages and advertising that shop X on the second floor has 30% off selected stock for today only etc etc.

42 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Seeing less and less folk bothering with them up here. 

Up here?

Here in my town in the Borders I can count on one hand the number of people whom I've seen since July not wearing a mask in a shop, in fact seeing more and more people wearing masks in the streets, which I don't get, I'd understand if it was busy with a lot of people and crowds, but this is the country and it's anything but crowded here.

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Seeing less and less folk bothering with them up here. 

Don't reveal your post code. The mask police will be heading up the A9 ASAP. 😄

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/11/2020 at 10:42, Samuel Camazzola said:

Just a ramble with little substance. 

It's a scientific study with legitimate named authors, their affiliations, method, data, analysis, conclusion, everything you could want from science, and published in a respected scientific journal.

Disputing it's method or interpretation is one thing, rejecting it because you don't fancy it is another.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, wee nippy Nicola caught red faced maskless after all her preaching about the importance of wearing them. I see the SNP lovers are out defending their glorious leader to the hilt without realising the utter irony and double standards of it. 

As minor as it may be and how pathetic the press are for even running such a story she should be resigning immediately. She has hounded others for minor breaches and had other sacked. She is the leader of this country and ultimately is held to a much higher standard than us mere mortals.

Think if Boris did the same she wouldn’t be jumping on it like a rabid shark out for blood? Of course she would. 

I will give her some credit - she at least admitted her mistake immediately. Doesn’t change anything though. She has made her bed and set the standard for breaches of Covid rules by politicians. Time to lead by example and resign. 

And see all this shite I am reading (mostly by SNP apologists) on social media is quite frankly embarrassing. 

“Oh she has made a mistake, leave her alone “

”oh she is only only human ffs”

Naw. That not how it works. She is the standard bearer for all, the head honcho, the top brass. She’s the one who makes the law and seeing her breaching it is a slap in the face. Same as Gove, Ferguson and the rest of the rule breachers

She has been preaching about FACTS and got caught with her pants down (or facemask) time to face the music. 

37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

And see all this shite I am reading (mostly by SNP apologists) on social media is quite frankly embarrassing. 

Naw. That not how it works. She is the standard bearer for all, the head honcho, the top brass. She’s the one who makes the law and seeing her breaching it is a slap in the face. Same as Gove, Ferguson and the rest of the rule breachers

She has been preaching about FACTS and got caught with her pants down (or facemask) time to face the music. 

Think we can put it down to tiredness, the poor woman has not had a break for months, and ftr im not SNP.  

Not to mention all the cooking she will be doing on xmas day😮.

46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why shouldn't they defend her?

The stick she's taking is entirely legitimate.  People defending her is legitimate.  

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Why shouldn't they defend her?

The stick she's taking is entirely legitimate.  People defending her is legitimate.  

:rofl:

Canny go nailing Gove and other politicians for Covid breach’s to the cross and then defend Nicola because she happens to be your saviour.

Gove was hounded for Weeks after his infringement. 

Edited by AlimOzturk
8 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

So one breach of of the rules is less important than other breaches of the rules?

since when did the standards for rule breaches and punishment get set out? 

Gove broke Covid rules - must resign 

Sturgeon breaks the rules - oh leave her alone. She made a mistake. 

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

:rofl:

Canny go nailing Gove and other politicians for Covid breach’s to the cross and then defend Nicola because she happens to be your saviour.

Gove was hounded for Weeks after his infringement. 

Nobody is stopping you giving her stick.  People are entitled to defend her if they really want to.  Aren't both things legitimate?  I'm not arsed either way.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Think we can put it down to tiredness, the poor woman has not had a break for months, and ftr im not SNP.  

Cooking? She'll be wolfing cold Campbell's Meatballs straight out of the tin and then a bag of Haribo like the classless west coast hag she really is. :) 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Cooking? She'll be wolfing cold Campbell's Meatballs straight out of the tin and then a bag of Haribo like the classless west coast hag she really is. :) 

😃

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Her girlfriend will be doing the cooking. 

jonnothejambo
4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Campbell's Meatballs and sprouts with mash. A potent brew.

The number of people that wear these disposable marks until they are filthy is mind boggling.

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Are you sure?

Yes 

too many people are still not wearing masks 

I am constantly reminding people to wear one when I see them without and more often than not they have just forgotten but still no excuse 

The Frenchman Returns
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yes 

too many people are still not wearing masks 

I am constantly reminding people to wear one when I see them without and more often than not they have just forgotten but still no excuse 

What about when they are outside? Do you think they should be compulsory there too? Example I noticed was queuing for the bus and Chippy, lot of peeps not wearing them then. It's quite scary.

5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

What about when they are outside? Do you think they should be compulsory there too? Example I noticed was queuing for the bus and Chippy, lot of peeps not wearing them then. It's quite scary.

Yes should be worn whenever possible 

The Frenchman Returns
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yes should be worn whenever possible 

Is that the official advice yet or is it still meant to be indoors only?

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Is that the official advice yet or is it still meant to be indoors only?

Indoor only at the moment but also in crowded places outdoors too 

Samuel Camazzola

Indoor only at the moment but also in crowded places outdoors too 

What outdoor places are crowded? What's the guidance for dogging? 

luckyBatistuta
38 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

What outdoor places are crowded? What's the guidance for dogging? 

For the types that are probably up for that, I think it would be best to wear a mask, pandemic or not.

this would also do the job I suppose 

EAF72A8E-F1EA-4C95-87FD-27D965072A08.jpeg

Edited by luckyBatistuta
Samuel Camazzola
23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

For the types that are probably up for that, I think it would be best to wear a mask, pandemic or not.

this would also do the job I suppose 

EAF72A8E-F1EA-4C95-87FD-27D965072A08.jpeg

That'll explain why there are so many of them down at Longniddry Bents despite there being no golden arches for miles around. 😄

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

That'll explain why there are so many of them down at Longniddry Bents despite there being no golden arches for miles around. 😄

:lol:  

No Big Tasty in those bags, maybe the odd cheese melts though😖