Jump to content

Face Masks


Theme From Sparta F.C.

Recommended Posts

The Frenchman Returns

Mrs F was wittering on about a shop on Corstorphine High St that is making them

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jambo 4 Ever

    160

  • jonesy

    106

  • Samuel Camazzola

    77

  • The Real Maroonblood

    68

Jambo, Goodbye
36 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not twisting anything.  Masks are not the reason for the lower death rates in these countries which you were clearly implying.  Where did I say Korea was destroying the world?  You ended your post by saying people were thick as mince if they didn't believe masks were effective.  This is funny as the bulk of scientific evidence says they are not effective.  

 

Three things man...

 

1. You did twist what i said. I didn't md mention being the main reason. That would be a different thing to say, ergo, you twisted what i said.

Healthier countries are likely having lower death rates. But lowering the ability to spread it plays a big part. 

 

2. I didn't accuse you of saying korea destroyed the world. I was using a metaphor 🙄

People got infected here very quickly but it was short lived. 

 

3. Yes masks are ineffective at stopping people inhaling the virus,  but they are extremely effective at two other things. First they stop people coughing and sneezing out in the open. 

Second they stop you touching your face the reported 23 times an hour.  

 

Those two benefits can possibly make the world of difference in a densely packed city/country. 

 

You never answered my question btw 😀

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye
Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieFifeLife
40 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

 

Three things man...

 

1. You did twist what i said. I didn't md mention being the main reason. That would be a different thing to say, ergo, you twisted what i said.

Healthier countries are likely having lower death rates. But lowering the ability to spread it plays a big part. 

 

2. I didn't accuse you of saying korea destroyed the world. I was using a metaphor 🙄

People got infected here very quickly but it was short lived. 

 

3. Yes masks are ineffective at stopping people inhaling the virus,  but they are extremely effective at two other things. First they stop people coughing and sneezing out in the open. 

Second they stop you touching your face the reported 23 times an hour.  

 

Those two benefits can possibly make the world of difference in a densely packed city/country. 

 

You never answered my question btw 😀

1. You said it's almost as if mask wearing countries are doing better......Masks have got nothing to do with it and is no different to coughing in to a handkerchief and in some cases are contributing to people ignoring the 2m rule and touching there faces more often. 

2. It was a crap metaphor

3. Totally disagree

 

Your question wasnt worth answering.  I wouldn't have even responded to your initial post had you not finished it by making a derogatory remark about people who dont agree with you, including most of the scientific community! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye
20 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

1. You said it's almost as if mask wearing countries are doing better......Masks have got nothing to do with it and is no different to coughing in to a handkerchief and in some cases are contributing to people ignoring the 2m rule and touching there faces more often. 

2. It was a crap metaphor

3. Totally disagree

 

Your question wasnt worth answering.  I wouldn't have even responded to your initial post had you not finished it by making a derogatory remark about people who dont agree with you, including most of the scientific community! 

 

A handkerchief :rofl: the rest of your sentence is something you have literally never witnessed. Unless you live in Asia? 

 

My metaphor was fine, you were just daft enough to take it literally. Better watch out for that Earth destroying Korea :rofl:

 

You can't answer the question. Simple as that. 

 

Derogatory,  :rofl: 

 

I acknowledged what the science has said, and made two clear  extra points which are perfectly accurate to the majority of the 4.4 billion in Asia who wear one daily.

 

UK Government "The evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you, but it may protect others if you are infected but have not yet developed symptoms."

 

So aye, Asia is doing fine cos people are protecting others from themselves.  (One of the many diverse things which different countries have done)

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye
Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs

 

 

 

People are confusing "not 100% effective" with "not effective at all".  There's a big difference with those 2 statements. 

 

Wear a mask or face covering if possible. There is "some benefit" and it is recommended by the Scottish Government.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

 

A handkerchief :rofl: the rest of your sentence is something you have literally never witnessed. Unless you live in Asia? 

 

My metaphor was fine, you were just daft enough to take it literally. Better watch out for that Earth destroying Korea :rofl:

 

You can't answer the question. Simple as that. 

 

Derogatory,  :rofl: 

 

I acknowledged what the science has said, and made two clear  extra points which are perfectly accurate to the majority of the 4.4 billion in Asia who wear one daily.

 

UK Government "The evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you, but it may protect others if you are infected but have not yet developed symptoms."

 

So aye, Asia is doing fine cos people are protecting others from themselves.  (One of the many diverse things which different countries have done)

You are a clown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

 

South Korea is incredibly densely populated yet has had 11,000 cases and only 262 deaths. 

Taiwan is practically unscathed. 

Throw in Hong Kong too

 

It's almost as if the mask wearing countries are doing better...

 

Anyone still scoffing at masks are thick as mince 

Or simply not as dumb to think the mask was the cure...how thick do you have to be to believe that...answer very thick

Link to post
Share on other sites

People do not need to wear face coverings where they are:

  • Outdoors or while exercising
  • In schools
  • In workplaces such as offices and shops
  • Children under two or primary aged children who cannot use them without assistance
  • People who have problems breathing while wearing a face covering
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, they said that about care homes anaw.

Still you know best eh....no one was talking about care homes where clearly some protection should be worn so stop being so silly in trying to be childish..try reading below

 

the advice talks about face coverings, rather than masks.

The World Health Organization (WHO) currently says only two groups of people should wear protective masks, those who are:

  • sick and showing symptoms
  • caring for people suspected to have coronavirus

It says medical masks should be reserved for healthcare workers.

Masks are not generally recommended for the public because:

  • they can be contaminated by other people's coughs and sneezes, or when putting them on or removing them
  • frequent hand-washing and social distancing are more effective
  • they might offer a false sense of security
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Or simply not as dumb to think the mask was the cure...how thick do you have to be to believe that...answer very thick

 

Nobody said that 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Still you know best eh....no one was talking about care homes where clearly some protection should be worn so stop being so silly in trying to be childish..try reading below

 

the advice talks about face coverings, rather than masks.

The World Health Organization (WHO) currently says only two groups of people should wear protective masks, those who are:

  • sick and showing symptoms
  • caring for people suspected to have coronavirus

It says medical masks should be reserved for healthcare workers.

Masks are not generally recommended for the public because:

  • they can be contaminated by other people's coughs and sneezes, or when putting them on or removing them
  • frequent hand-washing and social distancing are more effective
  • they might offer a false sense of security


another recent study has shown that they reduce transmission from asymptotic cases by up to 75%.  Also.coincidentally every country who got on top of this fast has extensively used masks.. maybe a coincidence - but it certainly appears they do no harm

Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


another recent study has shown that they reduce transmission from asymptotic cases by up to 75%.  Also.coincidentally every country who got on top of this fast has extensively used masks.. maybe a coincidence - but it certainly appears they do no harm

Wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


another recent study has shown that they reduce transmission from asymptotic cases by up to 75%.  Also.coincidentally every country who got on top of this fast has extensively used masks.. maybe a coincidence - but it certainly appears they do no harm

No problem if people want to wear them

 

I just won't be one of them as I believe that they have just become popular through peer pressure not because they do anything re the virus

 

Not every country who wears them got on top of the virus but the myth spreads and people follow a trend

 

They may have other uses in some countries of course re smog etc but that its not the case in the UK

 

 

Edited by CJGJ
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

If they suggest we could get back into tynecastle to watch Hearts by wearing masks thats fine by me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Can you get them without the camel toe?

Do they come with the camel toe aroma?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo 4 Ever
On 18/05/2020 at 22:05, Jambof3tornado said:

If they suggest we could get back into tynecastle to watch Hearts by wearing masks thats fine by me.

Not a bad shout as long as people keep them on at all times

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Not a bad shout as long as people keep them on at all times

 

Can you sing with them on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Can you sing with them on?

Not only can you sing, but no one can prove what you were singing

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
17 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I’m sure people will find a way 

 

Can you eat a pie with it on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not only can you sing, but no one can prove what you were singing

 

Grand.

 

Wouldnt it be good if Mickey Weir re-signed gor Hibs?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not only can you sing, but no one can prove what you were singing

No need for a mask, my ventriloquism lets me get away with that all the time. The boy in front doesn't half get some funny looks when he's singing about 'genian glud '. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Heres a good one 

fRED-uNION-jACK-mASK-WEB.jpg

That's what I'd imagine someone sniffing ginger spices knickers would look like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2020 at 21:57, kingantti1874 said:


another recent study has shown that they reduce transmission from asymptotic cases by up to 75%.  Also.coincidentally every country who got on top of this fast has extensively used masks.. maybe a coincidence - but it certainly appears they do no harm

Any post that begins like this: 'another recent study has shown' is one to avoid imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

That's what I'd imagine someone sniffing ginger spices knickers would look like.

😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auld Reekin'
8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If eventual attendance at football becomes conditional on wearing a mask I’ll be staying in the hoose.

 

What's the problem? Wrap a washable (acrylic) Hearts' scarf around your face* and Bob's your uncle.

 

 

 

 

(*Nothing personal...   :whistling:   :mw_rolleyes: )

Edited by Auld Reekin'
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If eventual attendance at football becomes conditional on wearing a mask I’ll be staying in the hoose.

Do you promise!? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wearing the mask in shops is a good idea but to eradicate the virus more we

really should be wearing visors what is everybody opinion on this

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

If eventual attendance at football becomes conditional on wearing a mask I’ll be staying in the hoose.

Why?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a Ramones one today. Wore a buff on the tram the other day and can't be arsed with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Wearing the mask in shops is a good idea but to eradicate the virus more we

really should be wearing visors what is everybody opinion on this

Just like reading your posts, it’s hard to breathe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Do you promise!? 

We may sometimes (but not always) disagree my friend but at least we’re united in our Jambohood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Just like reading your posts, it’s hard to breathe.

Thanks for the English lesson, I am not one to take offence 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Thanks for the English lesson, I am not one to take offence 

Tremendous news.  :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, weehammy said:

If eventual attendance at football becomes conditional on wearing a mask I’ll be staying in the hoose.

 

PHM 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, weehammy said:

If eventual attendance at football becomes conditional on wearing a mask I’ll be staying in the hoose.

 

Excellent news. Things just keep getting better and better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

That's what I'd imagine someone sniffing ginger spices knickers would look like.

Front or back? That’s made me feel a bit ill.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...