Theme From Sparta F.C.

Face Masks

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

You are quite correct, I forgot to multiply by 100 to get the percentage. However even at 3.2% this is still far far lower than the Ferguson models from Imperial College London which were used by governments worldwide to justify lockdown. 

I'd presume that model, was based in part upon, what information was coming out of China, and as China was the only source information at that time, and their mortality rate IIRC was reported as anything between 1% to 3%, then you can see where Imperial College London got their 3.2% from.

frankblack
59 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Observer leads today on demands that those quarantined for 14 days  after visiting France should be compensated by being given in effect  two weeks  paid leave ... paid by the Government ie the rest of us. The world is going mad. If you choose to holiday abroad at this time you know the risks. If you can afford to make that choice why should others compensate you If you make a wrong choice?

It must be a slow news day if that is the best they can put out in their newspaper.

Completely ridiculous proposal that is never going to happen.

jonesy
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

In a local cafe you can sit inside for as long as you like without a mask or much social distancing.. Pop in for 30 seconds to buy a baguette and you have to wear one.

And folk are lapping it up!

Morgan

Now, wait for this!

We can lie on the beach for as many hours as we choose to, but, when you leave the beach, you have to wear a mask on the promenade.  🤷🏿‍♂️

It’s like :wtf:

jonesy
Just now, Morgan said:

Now, wait for this!

We can lie on the beach for as many hours as we choose to, but, when you leave the beach, you have to wear a mask on the promenade.  🤷🏿‍♂️

It’s like :wtf:

And I bet your old Italian friends are wearing ultra tight masks when they do so!

Morgan
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And I bet your old Italian friends are wearing ultra tight masks when they do so!

Skin tight.

And full of budgies.

jonesy
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Skin tight.

And full of budgies.

Rolled up socks to make their noses look bigger?

Morgan
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Rolled up socks to make their noses look bigger?

Naturally.  :thumbsup:

Francis Albert
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

It must be a slow news day if that is the best they can put out in their newspaper.

Completely ridiculous proposal that is never going to happen.

Wouldn't be so sure. Ridiculous seems to.be the new normal (as they say, ridiculously!)

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'd presume that model, was based in part upon, what information was coming out of China, and as China was the only source information at that time, and their mortality rate IIRC was reported as anything between 1% to 3%, then you can see where Imperial College London got their 3.2% from.

There was no reliable information coming out of China indeed the opposite ... politically driven lies and suppression of the facts swallowed whole by the WHO  -  yet the experts chose to.lockdown the world economy on the basis of a wild overestimate of the mortality rate.

luckydug
On 26/07/2020 at 16:27, 3fingersreid said:

On the 22 bus as I type , 12 on the top deck , 6 people wearing a mask of which I’m 1 and hating to wear it but will , 6 not. 
Now it could be the other 6 have health issues but what’s the ****ing point in making a law when it’s not being adhered too ? 

It appears nobody's listening. 

Been on the bus a couple of times last week and the wife and me appeared to be the only people adhering to the rule on the bottom deck out of about ten passengers. 

The week before last we were going home on the North Berwick bus was packed with folk going to the beach, hardly a face mask in sight. 

It was quite scary actually. 

The only suggestion I can make is that the drivers do not open the door at stops until everyone has their mask on. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It appears nobody's listening. 

Been on the bus a couple of times last week and the wife and me appeared to be the only people adhering to the rule on the bottom deck out of about ten passengers. 

The week before last we were going home on the North Berwick bus was packed with folk going to the beach, hardly a face mask in sight. 

It was quite scary actually. 

The only suggestion I can make is that the drivers do not open the door at stops until everyone has their mask on. 

Clearly there are enormous local differences. Down here in our part of Englandshire there has been near 100% obedience to the rules on masks on public transport  and shops  (although very little adherence on the advice of how they should be used)

Which given that there is no real evidence that mask wearing makes any difference is for me a double edged sword demonstrating a worrying willingness of people to.simply do what they are told.

luckydug
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry for being abstruse or rather just thick!. I thought that might be your point. It is absurd that we go through the peak of the pandemic without face masks but now are compelled to wear them when infection rates are a small fraction of what they were. And when there is no hard evidence face masks help to stop the spread (such as it now is) even if worn  correctly (disposable after one wearing or washed at a high temperature after  each  wearing for example) - which they very very rarely are. 

The willingness of most of the population to accept this absurdity without question is deeply disturbing.

They should bring in spot fines for people who refuse to wear face masks on buses or in enclosed spaces. 

100 quid first offence, 1000 quid second and subsequent offences. 

Get the cops to spend a couple of days having a blitz on culprits. 

The same rules should be applied to folk messing up beaches and country roads with their rubbish. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

They should bring in spot fines for people who refuse to wear face masks on buses or in enclosed spaces. 

100 quid first offence, 1000 quid second and subsequent offences. 

Get the cops to spend a couple of days having a blitz on culprits. 

The same rules should be applied to folk messing up beaches and country roads with their rubbish. 

Again there is actually no real evidence that masks make any difference. And would your draconian measures apply to.people not wearing a mask.properly or disposable masks worn for the tenth time  or  face  cloths unwashed after ten uses? If not it would just be about appearances and the need to.impose unjustified authority and obedience.

luckydug
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Again there is actually no real evidence that masks make any difference. And would your draconian measures apply to.people not wearing a mask.properly or disposable masks worn for the tenth time  or  face  cloths unwashed after ten uses? If not it would just be about appearances and the need to.impose unjustified authority and obedience.

Not wearing a mask is a signal that person doesn't care about anyone else's safety.

You can argue all you like about your theories but the public are being asked this small task to keep other people safe and if you or anyone else doesn't comply you can be fined. 

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not wearing a mask is a signal that person doesn't care about anyone else's safety.

You can argue all you like about your theories but the public are being asked this small task to keep other people safe and if you or anyone else doesn't comply you can be fined. 

Or it is a signal you won't comply with an irrational imposition which has no scientific or other justification. I do comply but I am able to recognise why I am being forced to.do so. Which has little to.do.with keeping other people safe. 

jonesy
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sorry, I know you won’t agree, but your first sentence is, in my opinion, very wide of the mark. I’m a compassionate, caring person, far from perfect, but willing to recognise that other people matter more than I do.

The average punter - myself included- probably does half a dozen things daily that jeopardise other people’s lives. Driving ICE cars, disposing of rubbish that ends up in landfill or in the ocean, using electricity from non renewable sources, flying on aeroplanes, breathing in public during ‘flu season’.

I’m fed up with this holier-than-thou claptrap from the more ardent mask enthusiasts. Governments have no idea what to do, but masks create a tangible, physical difference which is visible to many people on a daily basis, thus making it seem like some kind of benevolent intervention has been carried out. 

The fact that ‘laws’ such as this are backed up by monetary fines tells you all you need to know about what is truly valued. 

Edited by jonesy

Jambos_1874

I saw someone walking round my local Tesco with a blue mask with a Rangers crest on it. I was mighty disgusted.

jonesy

Being supportive to others

There are many ways we can be supportive to people who might be struggling with masks.

• Don't judge people who are not wearing masks. Don't assume that someone not wearing a mask is 'just being selfish'. 

(taken from the Mind website). 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If not it would just be about appearances and the need to impose unjustified authority and obedience.

And therein ... etc.

ri Alban
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And therein ... etc.

You don't believe that bullshit, Gov. Utter Bollox. As for no proof, there's plenty. 

You just need one test tho. Would you rather someone with Covid19 sneezed you while both of you wore a mask or neither wore a mask. 

People who think this is some sort of infringement of their rights or to put you under obedience, just because the government asks you to wear a mask indoors, isn't very bright, are listening to wierdos or have hurt their head sometime in the past. They probably think putting stuff on separate bins is a government conspiracy. 

Anyway, the only people who are in the wrong are folk who don't wear masks. Utter morons who don't give a feck about anyone but themselves. And for that, that is why a second wave will be very handy. Feck the fines.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You don't believe that bullshit, Gov. Utter Bollox. As for no proof, there's plenty. 

You just need one test tho. Would you rather someone with Covid19 sneezed you while both of you wore a mask or neither wore a mask. 

People who think this is some sort of infringement of their rights or to put you under obedience, just because the government asks you to wear a mask indoors, isn't very bright, are listening to wierdos or have hurt their head sometime in the past. They probably think putting stuff on separate bins is a government conspiracy. 

Anyway, the only people who are in the wrong are folk who don't wear masks. Utter morons who don't give a feck about anyone but themselves. And for that, that is why a second wave will be very handy. Feck the fines.

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw.jpg

"Mrs Robinson at number 6 is putting her bins out without wearing a mask. Hopefully she dies of covid" 

:cornette_dog:

Taffin
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Sorry, I know you won’t agree, but your first sentence is, in my opinion, very wide of the mark. I’m a compassionate, caring person, far from perfect, but willing to recognise that other people matter more than I do.

The average punter - myself included- probably does half a dozen things daily that jeopardise other people’s lives. Driving ICE cars, disposing of rubbish that ends up in landfill or in the ocean, using electricity from non renewable sources, flying on aeroplanes, breathing in public during ‘flu season’.

I’m fed up with this holier-than-thou claptrap from the more ardent mask enthusiasts. Governments have no idea what to do, but masks create a tangible, physical difference which is visible to many people on a daily basis, thus making it seem like some kind of benevolent intervention has been carried out. 

The fact that ‘laws’ such as this are backed up by monetary fines tells you all you need to know about what is truly valued. 

I can only work on the assumption that the "those not wearing masks are selfish" don't do the things you've listed above in bold. If they do, then they're hypocrites.

As you say, our actions every day take other people's lives and until now everyone seems to have been okay with that. If this is the start of us not being okay with that and change across the board then great. As far as I can see though, it's just another example of how people dying from Covid is seen as different and somehow more important to stop than any other deaths, to the extent that we're actually causing other deaths by economic impact, cancelled hospital treatments and the mask twits lobbing their discarded masks on the ground 

Edited by Taffin

luckydug

Excuses and deflection imo. 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I will stick with this.

P1010006.JPG

luckydug

Being supportive to others

There are many ways we can be supportive to people who might be struggling with masks.

• Don't judge people who are not wearing masks. Don't assume that someone not wearing a mask is 'just being selfish'. 

(taken from the Mind website). 

Sitting on the top deck of a bus in boiling heat and out of about 40 people half a dozen are wearing masks means an awful lot of the passengers have health conditions. 

Most were young people going to the beach, we were just going home. 

Its not as if its just our Governments that are asking for face masks to be worn it's a requirement in most countries. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sitting on the top deck of a bus in boiling heat and out of about 40 people half a dozen are wearing masks means an awful lot of the passengers have health conditions. 

Most were young people going to the beach, we were just going home. 

Its not as if its just our Governments that are asking for face masks to be worn it's a requirement in most countries. 

Where I live passenger numbers in buses are strictly limited - for example for a single decker to 14. So there would never be as many as 40 on one deck. Mask wearing on buses and shops in this bit of Englandshire is close to 100%. In a large supermarket I might see two customers without masks, which seems consistent with the medical exemption rule. 

Assuming your experience is in Scotlandshire I am surprised Nicola's legendary powers of communication and persuasion are not more effective, 

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Another obvious example is the common, indeed almost universal ignoring, of speed limits.

Ten years ago after accumulating 9 points I had to adhere strictly to speed limits for over six months. It was eye opening to see the risks frustrated drivers would take to get one place ahead of me at the next traffic light or roundabout.

Young people and children in particular are more likely to die on the roads than of Covid19.

jonesy
52 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps having had fear drilled into them and being compelled to stay at home since March has brought on mental health conditions? You and I simply don’t know why some of these people are not wearing masks. Please don’t be quick to judge. 

ri Alban
10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw.jpg

"Mrs Robinson at number 6 is putting her bins out without wearing a mask. Hopefully she dies of covid" 

:cornette_dog:

Not at all, if she stands beside me in a shoap. Well... 

No, just a wee reality check. No ***** wants anyone to die, even the likes of Donald Trump. But the like of Rolf Harris and Co, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo-Jimbo

Just a wee piece of info here.

There is a growing number of healthcare workers whom are falling Ill due to what is suspected to be tiny microscopic fibres from their face masks being breathed into their airways and lodging in their throats and along their respiratory system.

At present it's just producing a bit of a cough but long term who knows what damage it might do.

As far as I know the media haven't picked up the story yet, and it might just be localised to NHS Borders, maybe it's a bad batch of surgical masks they have been issued with, but it may also be more widespread, and that is part of why I'm posting this, to see if anybody else has heard of any similar issues with disposable masks.

Only the disposable masks seem to be a problem, and as I said maybe it's just a bad batch in NHS Borders.

Smithee
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just a wee piece of info here.

There is a growing number of healthcare workers whom are falling Ill due to what is suspected to be tiny microscopic fibres from their face masks being breathed into their airways and lodging in their throats and along their respiratory system.

At present it's just producing a bit of a cough but long term who knows what damage it might do.

As far as I know the media haven't picked up the story yet, and it might just be localised to NHS Borders, maybe it's a bad batch of surgical masks they have been issued with, but it may also be more widespread, and that is part of why I'm posting this, to see if anybody else has heard of any similar issues with disposable masks.

Only the disposable masks seem to be a problem, and as I said maybe it's just a bad batch in NHS Borders.

That's not info mate, that's a rumour

Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's not info mate, that's a rumour

Not a rumour when you know people personally who have been affected by this.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

ri Alban
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm sure you do! 

Smithee
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well it is, millions wear masks every day, I wear mine 10 hours a day.

I dont doubt there are symptoms but I do doubt the bit where it's caused by masks.

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Smithee said:

Well it is, millions wear masks every day, I wear mine 10 hours a day.

I dont doubt there are symptoms but I do doubt the bit where it's caused by masks.

As I said maybe it's a bad batch NHS Borders have been issued with which is the problem.

That is why I put it out and asked if anybody else has had problems, which you clearly haven't had an issue.

Smithee
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As I said maybe it's a bad batch NHS Borders have been issued with which is the problem.

That is why I put it out and asked if anybody else has had problems, which you clearly haven't had an issue.

Maybe it's nothing to do with masks.

Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well the problems only started when they had to wear them all the time, no problems before then seemingly.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure you do! 

Maybe it is to do with a faulty bath of masks as Jimbo says, seeing as he personally knows folk who are affected.

Nae need to be so rudely dismissive, the pair of yies.

Back to 2005

How could a piece of cloth be "faulty "? Unfortunate truth is that masks will eventually cause you health issues as you are not breathing in clear air and the bad air cannot escape so you are re -infecting yourselves.

Smithee
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe it is to do with a faulty bath of masks as Jimbo says, seeing as he personally knows folk who are affected.

Nae need to be so rudely dismissive, the pair of yies.

Is it rude to point out its a rumour, not info?

43 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

How could a piece of cloth be "faulty "? Unfortunate truth is that masks will eventually cause you health issues as you are not breathing in clear air and the bad air cannot escape so you are re -infecting yourselves.

That's not truth, fortunate or otherwise. 

The Spy Who Loved Me

One positive about wearing masks, you can’t tell that half of Edinburgh is missing teeth.

Morgan
31 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

One positive about wearing masks, you can’t tell that half of Edinburgh is missing teeth.

Some should wear them on their heads too.

You wouldn’t be able to tell that they are missing brains.  

jake

I wear a  mask .

But I think it's the biggest load of pish .

I've always worn one in shops out of respect for the folk who work there despite the figures showing shop workers despite being frontline are not disproportionately affected.

And despite me thinking it's a load of shite.

I read an interesting thing yesterday .

There are over 250 000 children go missing every year in the USA.

No shut down no rules to limit the movement of people.

There are 6 to 8 million women and children trafficked for sex currently .

No lockdown no stopping the economy no trace and track.

Now theres a virus no doubt but theres some pish getting brought about on the back of it.

Oh and aussie ye keep saying dont expect nurses to treat you to folk who dont buy into this.

Does that go for your high fat diet or smokers or have you ever been in a square go etc etc etc.

I've been out today .

Had a lovely meal after lord bjays thread in mother indias few sherberts in a few boozers.

Lifes for living and breathing and this shit needs a reality check because the fall out is doing far more damage health wise and economically and for simply living.

And the environmental impact of the waste from cloth that couldntnt stop a fibre from cutting concrete never mind a virus.

Its here we have to live with it not fekin die slowly with it.

Governor Tarkin
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, jake said:

I've been out today .

Had a lovely meal after lord bjays thread in mother indias few sherberts in a few boozers.

Lifes for living 

:pleasing:

Twelve of us went to Mother India last Saturday night. They sat us at two tables of six. The service was great and the food was :pinnila:. We were all sat outside that 56°North for a few refreshments in the sunshine before we went for a feed. Again two tables of six.

I'm not entirely convinced by the mask thing either but it's no great hardship to play along. See with just a wee bit of thought and consideration life can be pretty much normal. We all had a great time.

Glad you enjoyed your night, jake. We should all plan on making the most of it as responsibly as we can before they shut us all down again. 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

How's the crusade going? 

Tais-toi

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Tais-toi

6Y=