SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

17 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be fair, Aberdeen were going to vote in our favour on Good Friday, but because they were the last club to vote, Doncaster phoned them up and told them that it didn't matter what way they voted because the result was already clear cut, so they voted with everyone else. had they been allowed to vote without influence, Celtic's stinking plan would have failed, I genuinely don't think enough has been made of this. 

Hmm, going to disagree with you on this, if it really didn't matter, why did he change his vote? Why not just keep his vote as is?... and why did Dungcaster call, if it didn't matter?... was there promises made? Definitely something fishy there!

You are right about the fact that not enough was made of it!... but the independent enquiry was voted down. Definitely a big chance to call the SPFL to task, wasted there!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Hmm, going to disagree with you on this, if it really didn't matter, why did he change his vote? Why not just keep his vote as is?... and why did Dungcaster call, if it didn't matter?... was there promises made? Definitely something fishy there!

You are right about the fact that not enough was made of it!... but the independent enquiry was voted down. Definitely a big chance to call the SPFL to task, wasted there!

I think we've both said the same thing with different words there mate :D 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

At the start of the day the vote was going to fail due to Premiership clubs 9-3. Ann Budge said the vote was going to fail. 

Doncaster needed Hibs or Aberdeen to change their vote. Don't know what time Hibs voted. But people like to go with the majority when it doesn't make any difference. So rather than doing something which would be remembered Cormack went as a sheep and voted Yes. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think we've both said the same thing with different words there mate :D 

oops, apologies! in that case. totally agree 👍

Hagar the Horrible
16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

One of the reasons Dempster is away now is because of that vote, she knew the financial implications for the wee team, and disagreed with voting against us, but Ron the con stupidly believed that if we were in a lower league, that our fans would go along and watch Hibs playing in the top league instead, just how stupid can he be to think that? That was the beginning for the end for Dempster. 

Septic Ron can’t understand that cultural difference that The Leith Dockers AKA the Hibernians Soccerball franchise being the only franchise in the top flight will be the ones monopolising the Edinburgh fan base, as let’s face it we are like the NY Jets and the Giants, we just go to whatever team is at home and has the winning season.  Taking that hit then will be ok as we just all turn up to see the box office games and they will get their money back.  I would rather go shopping with the wife for that Christmas party dress than go and see Hibs coz they are the only game on!

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Septic Ron can’t understand that cultural difference that The Leith Dockers AKA the Hibernians Soccerball franchise being the only franchise in the top flight will be the ones monopolising the Edinburgh fan base, as let’s face it we are like the NY Jets and the Giants, we just go to whatever team is at home and has the winning season.  Taking that hit then will be ok as we just all turn up to see the box office games and they will get their money back.  I would rather go shopping with the wife for that Christmas party dress than go and see Hibs coz they are the only game on!

Do you really think so? Is he really that naive? I'm not so sure... however, I think hubz are the ONLY team who didn't vote for their own benefit. It cost them 100's of thousands of pounds and a Euro spot! Bizarre behaviour at best and downright idiotic business sense.... or maybe he is just that stupid (or certifiable) - if he thinks we'll all just toddle off to the san giro to catch some sports! Strange club indeed!

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Do you really think so? Is he really that naive? I'm not so sure... however, I think hubz are the ONLY team who didn't vote for their own benefit. It cost them 100's of thousands of pounds and a Euro spot! Bizarre behaviour at best and downright idiotic business sense.... or maybe he is just that stupid (or certifiable) - if he thinks we'll all just toddle off to the san giro to catch some sports! Strange club indeed!

I do not believe he is that stupid either.

They voted the same way i would want us to vote in exactly the same situation: to stick a knife in their local rivals, regardless of the cost.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

They voted the same way i would want us to vote in exactly the same situation: to stick a knife in their local rivals, regardless of the cost.

Early days. But losing Leanne Dempster could end up being a cost they regret. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Early days. But losing Leanne Dempster could end up being a cost they regret. 

Yeah, she was happy to take the flak for Petrie and now Ron.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I've got to say, prior to the vote, I would have expected/wanted us to vote NO (as we did), taking the prize money, derbies and Euro spot - thus saving hubz (if the tables were turned, so to speak.) However, knowing what I know now... I would tend to agree. Do as much damage as possible, and to hell with business sense!

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I am 100% certain if Rangers and Celtic didn't exist fans would be back very soon if not already. Can these supporters, with their reputations for trouble, violence, getting in without tickets, etc, etc be trusted not to gather outside the ground and to behave on their way to and from the ground? I don't know anyone who would say they could be.

You mentioned allowing fans back would be a return to normality. That normality when Celtic and Rangers are playing is not very pleasant.

Spot on. Our club has lost millions over the years due to having to spend extra because of their revolting fans, then factor in not being able to sell alcohol inside the grounds because of them also. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We wouldn’t have though because we see the bigger picture and how much it would cost to the club. Imagine how many of us would’ve bought a stream to games if we don’t have the channel the Derby was on. 

4 hours ago, JamboAl1965 said:

I don’t know how many times I’ve directed you to the information you need. It’s long and complex but you don’t seem to engage in it. It includes infection chains, risk management and an excellent Spanish document around why infection rates are different in different situation. Including numbers of people in rooms a window being open or not etc. It explains why schools are safe. Lots of it is counter intuitive.

You asked the questions before. It’s telling you ignore that informationand use employment as someone’s qualification for saying something. I have down the opposite. I’ve directed you to the information so you can decided yourself. But you refuse to do so and your comeback to anyone that differs reinforces many peol a views your issue is one of politics and not the games good or people’s health. 

Well said that man.....There are some a$$holes on here who are so blinded and deluded to the real world. 

I suspect that no matter how eloquent your points are, you will still get the same distorted, rabid  response....  

Anyway, back to the fitbaw....

Edited by Hashimoto

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well Simon Jordan saying that the behaviour of the Celtic fans is irrelevant as you can’t use that as a barometer. 

Someone ask him why we cannot drink in Scottish grounds. The whole game revolves around the old firm so of course it is relevant. 

Exactly, not that anyone in the media would ever mention how much it’s cost the game in Scotland in the last 40 years. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Cormack is fronting for Lawwell. That’s all. 

From what I can calculate QOS, Annan and Stranraer can now let some fans in. Shouldn’t the JRG be embracing this further opportunity and ensuring things go smoothly for these clubs rather than releasing confrontational and obviously futile press releases to football journalists.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dave Cormack talking crap on Talksport now. Wants fans in asap

I don’t get it. It would be season ticket holders only and minimal, if any, catering. Makes no sense. 

And anyway, he should be moaning at the numerous JRGs his club is represented on, not national radio. 

Simon Jordan now pointing the finger at Doncaster and Maxwell 😁

Season ticket holders getting in now would still benefit clubs financially in the long run, because even though they wouldn't be handing over extra cash now, it would mean ST holders wouldn't be carrying their full ST entitlement into next season. If a club could get fans in for half the season, they can then charge those fans at least half the ST price next season, whereas if fans don't get back this season, they'll be paying nothing next season. Knowing at least some ST money would be coming in next season would mean they don't need to make whatever money they've currently got in the bank stretch as far as they might otherwise have to. 

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be fair, Aberdeen were going to vote in our favour on Good Friday, but because they were the last club to vote, Doncaster phoned them up and told them that it didn't matter what way they voted because the result was already clear cut, so they voted with everyone else. had they been allowed to vote without influence, Celtic's stinking plan would have failed, I genuinely don't think enough has been made of this. 

How would it have failed? 

Hagar the Horrible

Priceless we get a free payment of minimum £333k if split equaly across the 3 lower leagues, St Mirren and the likes can all borrow upto £1.6m

21 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Season ticket holders getting in now would still benefit clubs financially in the long run, because even though they wouldn't be handing over extra cash now, it would mean ST holders wouldn't be carrying their full ST entitlement into next season. If a club could get fans in for half the season, they can then charge those fans at least half the ST price next season, whereas if fans don't get back this season, they'll be paying nothing next season. Knowing at least some ST money would be coming in next season would mean they don't need to make whatever money they've currently got in the bank stretch as far as they might otherwise have to. 

Cheers, that is interesting and i never thought of it that way.

Maybe that is the approach the clubs need to take when lobbying the government, instead of going down the emotive "giving people something to look forward to" argument.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

At the start of the day the vote was going to fail due to Premiership clubs 9-3. Ann Budge said the vote was going to fail. 

Doncaster needed Hibs or Aberdeen to change their vote. Don't know what time Hibs voted. But people like to go with the majority when it doesn't make any difference. So rather than doing something which would be remembered Cormack went as a sheep and voted Yes. 

9-3 was already passing from the Premiership. 9 votes were all they needed, 75%. Aberdeen hadn't voted by the time the 9th yes vote arrived. Doncaster wanted them to vote yes anyway so he had a higher overall %age in favour to brag about, and Cormack went along with that so as not to be seen to be 'on the losing side'. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe that is the approach the clubs need to take when lobbying the government, instead of going down the emotive "giving people something to look forward to" argument.

They need to find a way of removing the risks. 

No indoor access including toilets. Maybe taxis to and from game for everyone. Spaced out a lot further apart.

Not enough has been done especially by JRG. 

No indoor access including toilets. Maybe taxis to and from game for everyone. Spaced out a lot further apart.

How do you avoid access to toilets?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If you need the toilet you have to leave the ground. 

Not eating for 6 hours and not drinking for 10 hours before games should about do it. 

Not eating for 6 hours and not drinking for 10 hours before games should about do it. 

Fair point. 😎

1 minute ago, May one-six said:

Open air pissing on the concourse? Socially distanced, of course.

Do we really want to go back to that? 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, the 'giving people something to look forward to' argument is, IMO, a far stronger argument than the financial one. I just don't think any argument will carry weight though when you see the failures of clubs to do all they can to follow agreed protocols, the false claims of Cormack, Doncaster, etc that it would be totally safe (they simply can't know that!) and of course, the behaviour of celtic fans recently. 

2 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Open air pissing on the concourse? Socially distanced, of course.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Do we really want to go back to that? 🤣🤣🤣

Back to the 1950s it is then, with piss running down the terracing.  Washing your shoes was the first thing you did when you got home.

In fairness to the fans of other clubs, the rivers of piss happened only when The Uglies were in town. 

There will be some public health rule that you have to have toilets. 

Same as you have to have the tannoy public address for emergency evacuation. (Which partly explains why that is still happening at games) 

No idea if things like transport to games and indoor toilets is why games aren't going ahead. But it's what we have. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This is the crux of the matter.... it's not the sitting 2 meters apart, in the open air - it's the logistics of it all. Travel to and from, crowds in concourse areas, toilets, singing, shouting and then everyone leaving at the same time. Dungcaster and Cormack don't seem to get this... they see it as two fingers to Scottish football (which it may well be - and you don't need to look any further than the ares-cheeks as to why, if it is!)

Great season to be in the championship as it turns out. No fans at Tynecastle no away days (even for the non boycotters). So long as we win promotion this season we've missed nothing. Might even win a cup too.

As for Doncaster,  Lawell and this Yank sheep shagger please shut the **** up and take your medicine. People before profits.

40 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Priceless we get a free payment of minimum £333k if split equaly across the 3 lower leagues, St Mirren and the likes can all borrow upto £1.6m

Don’t think I would be counting the cash just yet...the £10m pot extends beyond the league system and also covers women's football. Possible that perhaps the SFA themselves might be able to grab a slice as it is primarily to help with losses on ticket sales.

Also no info (that I can find) over who approves the grants and at what level. Assume the Scot Gov will not just hand over a load of cash for the SFA or even the SPFL to distribute as they wish? Will clubs have to apply for their loan or grant from the Scot Gov direct, etc?

I suspect much of this can be filed under ‘no such thing as a free lunch’.

highlandjambo3
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You generally cannot remove a risk, you can reduce it though.......... as a guideline to risk assessment  you look at the risk “Likelihood” times “Severity” with each graded 1-5, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, so the overal score will ranging from 1 (extremely safe but, the risk is still there) to 25 (extremely high risk) example:

engine falling off a plane.... likelyhood 1 severity 5, so 1 X 5 = 5....low risk but still possible (this is why we fly), You’ve probably heard the term “exceptibal risk” which is exactly what this is.

To take this further, specifically for fans at a football match, your risk assessment could mention toilet entry & exit one way system to reduce the risk of close contact but it cannot score “zero” because you just know someone will ignore the signs (deliberately or accidentally) so as mentioned, you can only reduce this risk to score 1.

Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20201210_110401.jpg

Liewell has clearly passed the baton over to Cormack with the support of his puppet Doncaster

Ainsley Harriott

Given how few people are employed by football clubs compared to other industries this is a disproportionate use of public money. We are fine considering our backers I would have rather sat back and watched half of them go under. The idea of the HIVS getting help with my tax money is disappointing. 

Italian Lambretta
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Normally leave to go to the pub at half time anyway so no problem😂

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Given how few people are employed by football clubs compared to other industries this is a disproportionate use of public money. We are fine considering our backers I would have rather sat back and watched half of them go under. The idea of the HIVS getting help with my tax money is disappointing. 

Interesting elite clubs ,  like the vermin, are getting loans what happens if a club defaults on said loan? Looking forward to finding out.

Guest ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I just listened to the interview as well, and thought he talked a lot of sense to be honest, he talked about not so much the financial implications for clubs, but the effect on people in the communities. They started a program at the start of the pandemic where they were phoning their fans, and phone calls were lasting around 10 minutes in average, they're still doing this, and phone calls are now lasting double the length of time because people are suffering from a lot more symptoms of loneliness and depression etc, they're missing their friends and family, and Cormack talked about how it would cost clubs money to let only 2,000 fans back into games again and it's no benefit to the larger clubs at all, but stressed the importance it could have on peoples mental wellbeing. 

I hate this approach and I've seen a number of people in Scottish football use it. It's emotional blackmail. If he was really concerned about that he'd be giving out free PPV passes for every Aberdeen game.

There are all sorts of interests and hobbies people love that they've been prevented from doing. Kids not being able to play with their mates for months, multiple recreational pursuits not allowed, film and theatre fans not being able to go to the cinema or theatre, music fans not being able to go to gigs, people not being able to see work mates, before we even get to people not being able to see goodbye to relatives and friends who have died.... if someone can't cope without being able to see their football team in person for one season, they've got more serious problems.

32 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Great season to be in the championship as it turns out. No fans at Tynecastle no away days (even for the non boycotters). So long as we win promotion this season we've missed nothing. Might even win a cup too.

As for Doncaster,  Lawell and this Yank sheep shagger please shut the **** up and take your medicine. People before profits.

Good points, well said!

18 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Liewell has clearly passed the baton over to Cormack with the support of his puppet Doncaster

Liewell is self isolating in order to avoid the mingy hordes baying for his blood just now!

He seems to be rather pre occupied....no time for plotting and scheming..... 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )