Heres Rixxy

SPFL declare league due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )

Kiwidoug

At least we know we can have a jolly good riot after a cup final at hampden without troubling the SFA.

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Boris said:

With respect, if nothing criminal or unlawful was found in CoS then we'd still lose! Had there been then the arbitration panel would have decided in our favour.

Doesn't mean we aren't morally justified and "right" but the law is the law.

The difference is everything would be in the public domain. It's crazy we STILL don't know what happened with that Dundee vote. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

steve123
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The difference is everything would be in the public domain. It's crazy we STILL don't know what happened with that Dundee vote. 

I think it all sits around the 28 days, horrendously handled but not illegal.

Boris
41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agree about the lack of transparency, it's all a bit cloak and dagger.

oi oi
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Funny how legal action was successful in Belgium but unsuccessful in Scotland.

Also funny how CAS can publish the outcome of arbitration but the SFA can’t.

Different Articles of Association?

oi oi
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

At the very least, the findings of the "independent" investigation should be published.

ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

I think it all sits around the 28 days, horrendously handled but not illegal.

I still maintain Dundee voted on something completely different in the end after their private discussions. It's the private discussions part that stinks the most.

steve123
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I still maintain Dundee voted on something completely different in the end after their private discussions. It's the private discussions part that stinks the most.

Could not agree more, but only thing I can think leaves a horrible shadow over Scottish football.

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, Dazo said:

Lord Clark couldn’t care less and his hands are washed of this, his words will mean nowt when it comes to our punishment. 

Tell that to Lord Clark.

Bret the Hitman Hearts
13 hours ago, Dazo said:

Lord Clark couldn’t care less and his hands are washed of this, his words will mean nowt when it comes to our punishment. 

Only in Scotland could you get kicked out a league before it's finished into a league that won't start for 2 more months... and the actual punishment for having the temerity to try and fight back is still to come.

The North Korea of the football world

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Only in Scotland could you get kicked out a league before it's finished into a league that won't start for 2 more months... and the actual punishment for having the temerity to try and fight back is still to come.

The North Korea of the football world

Yip. 

Jambo-Fox

Chase them round the terracing singing we are the Gorgie Boot Boys!!!

Old fashioned .... I know it’s wrong BUT it still feels good!!

graygo
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, oi oi said:

At the very least, the findings of the "independent" investigation should be published.

It was, it was a sham with incredibly narrow terms of reference but it was published.

Wasn't it?

Actually maybe you are right, all I can see was what donkey and Karyn McCluskey fed the press about it.

Edited by graygo

Seymour M Hersh
15 hours ago, Boris said:

Agree about the lack of transparency, it's all a bit cloak and dagger.

Which is exactly what Mr Vindication and his slug of an in-house lawyer knew would happen once it got back into their house. In a democracy they should not be allowed to get away with acting as judge jury and executioner. The articles of association need to be dismantled and rewritten (not by the fat slug). 

Ribble
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

maybe the same private discussions that resulted in Strachan getting a well paid gig with Celtictv and at the same time finding the time to take on extra responsibility at Dundee free of charge?

Section Q

I know the club has accepted the decision on our relegation but I'm wondering why we didn't go back to the CoS seeking a fair amount for loss of earnings. Anyone........?

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I know the club has accepted the decision on our relegation but I'm wondering why we didn't go back to the CoS seeking a fair amount for loss of earnings. Anyone........?

Because that was within the remit of arbitration. 

Section Q
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Because that was within the remit of arbitration. 

Still not clear Dave. Didn't the judge suggest their could be a return to court.....?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Still not clear Dave. Didn't the judge suggest their could be a return to court.....?

Only if there were procedural/legal issues with the process. 

Section Q
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Only if there were procedural/legal issues with the process. 

👍

Mr Wan
40 minutes ago, Section Q said:

May have missed it, is there parachute payments from spfl, if so, anyone know how much?? 

NANOJAMBO
12 minutes ago, Mr Wan said:

May have missed it, is there parachute payments from spfl, if so, anyone know how much?? 

Parachute payments of circa £300K , I think. 

Mr Wan
On 15/07/2020 at 14:43, mitch41 said:

Poker players who never put their cards on the table. How can anyone trust a corrupt league that threaten and bully clubs as well as a governing body like the SFA who just want to punish clubs for standing up to a league that panders to the ugly sisters. 

12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Parachute payments of circa £300K , I think. 

Mr Wan

Enough to pay SFA fine!!!!! 

Section Q
2 hours ago, Mr Wan said:

Enough to pay SFA fine!!!!! 

Hopefully

braveheart

Asked on sportsound if the arbitration process could be made public dungcaster said it would have to be agreed by all parties which he had no objection.also keeps repeating that they are a members association and the club's decide everything.how the fcks this muppet on 400k for deciding nothing🤷

Angel eyes
5 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Asked on sportsound if the arbitration process could be made public dungcaster said it would have to be agreed by all parties which he had no objection.also keeps repeating that they are a members association and the club's decide everything.how the fcks this muppet on 400k for deciding nothing🤷

Possibly me regarding the situation and what’s happened to us but he sounds a right arrogant [email protected]#t how this situation was ever allowed is unbelievable and he’s behind it and not one word in regards us Thistle & Stranraer. Really do hope Hearts the club we the fans make a stand in regards looking after our own f%£k everyone else cos that’s what’s happened here self interest from top to bottom and what we put into the game goes to Hearts no anybody else.

Gambo
1 hour ago, braveheart said:

He also laid the blame for not being able to extend the season like England at the door of the Scottish Government.

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, braveheart said:

Yeah, the clubs did decide - but by one very dodgy vote.

Also, who decided to put ending the league in front of clubs as the ONLY option? That was all on the SPFL board, including several club owners facing relegation themselves if the league didn't end. 

The SPFL could have put reconstruction on the table as the first option, while keeping the league open in case it might be possible to finish it. They basically could have started the discussion with "OK, we can't finish the league. How do we not relegate teams unfairly during a pandemic?" Instead it was very clearly, "How do we avoid null and void (because apparently that's more unfair than relegating teams early)?" That immediately made the discussion 3 teams vs 39 (minus some decent clubs that didn't vote out of pure self interest) because many more teams stood to benefit from ending the league early. US, PT and Stranraer (the forgotten team in this whole thing) never had a chance basically.

Edited by ToqueJambo

ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He also laid the blame for not being able to extend the season like England at the door of the Scottish Government.

That part was incredible. It's basically lies.

Smithee
20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dundee will get theirs

ToqueJambo

Can this thread be ritually burned and forgotten about now? I did think for a while sensible minds might prevail but this is Scottish football.

Gambo
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That part was incredible. It's basically lies.

Lies is what he said everyone else told through this episode apart from himself and the SPFL Board.

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Lies is what he said everyone else told through this episode apart from himself and the SPFL Board.

He even lies about his lies. At the end of the day contact football has been allowed for a few weeks now. The league start could have been pushed back (as in England) to enable the league to be finished and allow a truncated pre-season. The betfred cup could have been cancelled and the SC cup played to a finish the last few weeks as well to ease fixture congestion.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Jammy T
6 hours ago, Section Q said:

you can’t claim loss of anything if your case fails - the arbitration found SPFL did nothing wrong 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He even lies about his lies. At the end of the day contact football has been allowed for a few weeks now. The league start could have been pushed back (as in England) to enable the league to be finished and allow a truncated pre-season. The betfred cup could have been cancelled and the SC cup played to a finish the last few weeks as well to ease fixture congestion.

The only conceivable argument for not playing on was the cost of testing and he’s not even tried to play that card once. It’s a joke.

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The only conceivable argument for not playing on was the cost of testing and he’s not even tried to play that card once. It’s a joke.

That excuse was aired at the start. A lot was made of the cost of testing and we've heard nothing more about that so I assume it's not as damaging a cost as was made out. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That excuse was aired at the start. A lot was made of the cost of testing and we've heard nothing more about that so I assume it's not as damaging a cost as was made out. 

It is expensive but the Premiership could almost certainly have funded it. Presumably they’re testing regularly now anyway?

Doncaster is an absolute weapon.

ToqueJambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It is expensive but the Premiership could almost certainly have funded it. Presumably they’re testing regularly now anyway?

Doncaster is an absolute weapon.

Doncaster is basically the Scottish football equivalent of Henny-penny and Cocky-locky, constantly telling everyone the sky is falling at the slightest sign of trouble.

Section Q
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

you can’t claim loss of anything if your case fails - the arbitration found SPFL did nothing wrong 

Already been discussed but thank you anyway.....👍

Deevers
38 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doncaster is basically the Scottish football equivalent of Henny-penny and Cocky-locky, constantly telling everyone the sky is falling at the slightest sign of trouble.

How the rest of the cretins that supposedly run the game here have not worked Doncaster out amazes me. 

ToqueJambo
Just now, Deevers said:

How the rest of the cretins that supposedly run the game here have not worked Doncaster out amazes me. 

If they were in Hearts or PT's position they would have very different views of him, as would the fans currently proclaiming him to be this genius football administrator. There's basically no sense of collectiveness in the Scottish game. There doesn't even seem to be an OF against the rest thing, which was something at least. It's literally everyone for themselves now.

John Findlay

How do you know Neil Doncaster is lying?

His lips are moving.

the general
23 hours ago, braveheart said:

Hopefully some of the details will be leaked

500ClubCraig

The 11th March seen another abject performance when the opportunity was there to get off the bottom of the league.

A Manager who was out of his depth and a squad that had no obvious motivation despite their league position.

A few days later the Government, as was predicted, called a halt to all Sport and then we had lock-down.

For four months very few of us have been questioning the decisions made regarding the Managerial appointment and signings, as all the noise made about reconstruction, Court (what a waste of money) etc etc deflected attention from the garbage that has been on show for months and months.

All the talk on here of other Clubs showing only Self-interest, boycotts, corruption in the SPFL/ SFA has been a great way to avoid addressing the issues that we should have been asking about the problems within the club itself that led to us being bottom of the league.

As for ABs statement ending in talk of Battles  and Wars, give it a rest Woman! The only battles being fought recently were in Hospital ITU where tens of thousands lost and lost far more than a place in a football league.

I was pleased with the signing of RN and then JJ along with CG, I’m starting to look forward to going back when we can.
As for away games, boycott if you want but at the end of the day it will be the fans of those clubs that ultimately suffer if the club they love is damaged by lower income. 

Time to look forward and hopefully see plans getting put in place for the squad, coaches and academy’s. 

David Black
31 minutes ago, Boof said:

Don't believe it.

Not one ****ing word.

You know, I had a date with Angelina Jolie lined up for May 19th in celebration, but she had to cancel here flight due to Covid.  Anyone believing Doncaster is daft enough to believe me. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

The 11th March seen another abject performance when the opportunity was there to get off the bottom of the league.

A Manager who was out of his depth and a squad that had no obvious motivation despite their league position.

A few days later the Government, as was predicted, called a halt to all Sport and then we had lock-down.

For four months very few of us have been questioning the decisions made regarding the Managerial appointment and signings, as all the noise made about reconstruction, Court (what a waste of money) etc etc deflected attention from the garbage that has been on show for months and months.

All the talk on here of other Clubs showing only Self-interest, boycotts, corruption in the SPFL/ SFA has been a great way to avoid addressing the issues that we should have been asking about the problems within the club itself that led to us being bottom of the league.

As for ABs statement ending in talk of Battles  and Wars, give it a rest Woman! The only battles being fought recently were in Hospital ITU where tens of thousands lost and lost far more than a place in a football league.

I was pleased with the signing of RN and then JJ along with CG, I’m starting to look forward to going back when we can.
As for away games, boycott if you want but at the end of the day it will be the fans of those clubs that ultimately suffer if the club they love is damaged by lower income. 

Time to look forward and hopefully see plans getting put in place for the squad, coaches and academy’s. 

Yes, it will be those fans - the same fans delighting in this befalling us. Feck them. Karma is a bitch.