22 years ago - For some the best Cup Final of all - Hearts 2 Rangers 1

London_Hearts

Worthing Jambo
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Lost count of the number of times I thought the same, watching it tonight.

Unbelievable. 
That David Weir saving tackle in the last minute s hardly mentioned by Hearts fans. A history making intervention.

Great memories for those of us who lived through the numerous kicks in the balls we suffered for years.

It was up there with Robbie’s.

What a weekend🥳

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Worthing Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• London_Hearts

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worthing Jambo

Sounds crass but I had a dream we would win 2-1 and Cameron would score the first goal.

I meant to stick a tenner on it but shit it as I never got near a bookies until before the game.

I stuck £2 on it at 80-1 at the last minute as I didn’t want to get my hopes up.

After a minute my outlook changed🤪

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, shona77 said:

Just read this 😭😭😭

Same time next week,  guess which final????

:)

Those last 10 minutes were absolute torture.

Check watch...10 minutes to go...10 minutes later...Check watch...9 minutes to go 😓😓😓

The scenes at the end were just incredible.  ‘98 was special.

SectionDJambo
9 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Sounds crass but I had a dream we would win 2-1 and Cameron would score the first goal.

I meant to stick a tenner on it but shit it as I never got near a bookies until before the game.

I stuck £2 on it at 80-1 at the last minute as I didn’t want to get my hopes up.

After a minute my outlook changed🤪

I was offered hospitality at Ibrox for the 2-2 league game, a few weeks before. On the coupon that I was given in there, I went for 2-1 Hearts and Colin Cameron to score first. 

Somebody was telling me something?

3fingersreid
32 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Check watch...10 minutes to go...10 minutes later...Check watch...9 minutes to go 😓😓😓

You must’ve bought your watch from the same shop as me . 
98 was the big one for me 🏆🏆🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

You must’ve bought your watch from the same shop as me . 
98 was the big one for me 🏆🏆🇱🇻🇱🇻

So did Willie Young :lol:

As brilliant as 2012 was, and let’s be honest 2006 was more relief than euphoria, nothing will ever touch 98.

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So did Willie Young :lol:

As brilliant as 2012 was, and let’s be honest 2006 was more relief than euphoria, nothing will ever touch 98.

😂😂 never thought of that , he told JJ he added it on as Giles was wasting time by not picking the ball up when it was up to rangers to press him . 
I still struggle to watch the last ten mins without shouting , kicking and heading every ball so much so I get told to calm down 😃😃

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

😂😂 never thought of that , he told JJ he added it on as Giles was wasting time by not picking the ball up when it was up to rangers to press him . 
I still struggle to watch the last ten mins without shouting , kicking and heading every ball so much so I get told to calm down 😃😃

I didn’t know that. How can it be time wasting if the ball is in play? It’s no different to an outfield player taking the ball into a corner :rofl:

The last 8 minutes after McCoist scores were more like 80 minutes. Utter torture.

best game of my life and unlikely to be bettered. Meant so much.

watching it last night it made me quite sad at the state of our teams the last 3 years. That 98 team would absolutely Destroy and hammer today’s team with plenty to spare. 
What a weekend though

jimmy the jambo
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

The last 8 minutes after McCoist scores were more like 80 minutes. Utter torture.

best game of my life and unlikely to be bettered. Meant so much.

watching it last night it made me quite sad at the state of our teams the last 3 years. That 98 team would absolutely Destroy and hammer today’s team with plenty to spare. 
What a weekend though

what team was better,1998 or 2006,hard to call in my opinion? 
Who would win ,Would Rudi be man of the match or wee Mikey? 

5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I had to go for a pee with about 10 to go. There were, literally thousands of grown men on the concourse not watching the game for fear that THEY were the jinx. The outpouring of joy at the end was unforgettable. I don’t mind admitting I cried and I was 34 years old

35 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

‘98:

Rousett

McPherson

Naysmith

Weir

Ritchie

Salvatori

Cameron

Fulton

McCann

Flogel

Adam (Hamilton)

’06

Gordon

Neilson

Fyssas

Tall

Pressley

Cesnauskis (Mikoliunas)

Augiar (Brellier)

Hartley

Skacel

Bednar (Pospisil)

Jankauskas

Difficult to choose as they were two cracking teams. If pushed I would say ‘98 just edges it.

3fingersreid

My only wish for the ‘98 final was and it was dependant on the score , would’ve been to seen Robbo getting brought on . 
Im sure I’ll get over that tho 😉

1 hour ago, jimmy the jambo said:

98 for me by a baw hair

18 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

My only wish for the ‘98 final was and it was dependant on the score , would’ve been to seen Robbo getting brought on . 
Im sure I’ll get over that tho 😉

I think if it had still been 2-0 going into injury time he would’ve been on.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I think if it had still been 2-0 going into injury time he would’ve been on.

Yeah , JJ had to think of the bigger picture and not just sentiment 

Was just pure joy when that final whistle went. I think it was partly the relief that made it such a fantastic moment. When it went to 2-1 I thought we’d blown it but when that final whistle went it’s hard even to think of words to describe it. Never felt the same way in 2006 or 2012, as fantastic as those finals were. 

Always remember two boys in front of me walking out, one of them sobbing his heart out, telling the other how his dad would’ve loved to have been there. Emotions were high. 

Fantastic day I kept saying to myself is this real ! will live in my memory watching the cup lifted for the first time in my life by the famous....... and coming home through Gorgie road in the bus witnessing old men/ women standing outside there houses/ flats from there windows with hearts scarves clapping and cheering was marvellous...... I’ve got a tear  in my eyes now !

I was at dens Park and then the final against Aberdeen as a young 15 year old lad. 

The pure joy and bedlam of beating rangers in the final will live with me forever. 

I got sunburn on the back of my neck, as my head was buried in my hands for the last 20 minutes of the game. 

I just watched the re-run of the full 90 minutes. For the love of Christ how did Gattuso stay on the park for 90 minutes??? What a dirty little shit of a player!

10 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I had to go for a pee with about 10 to go. There were, literally thousands of grown men on the concourse not watching the game for fear that THEY were the jinx. The outpouring of joy at the end was unforgettable. I don’t mind admitting I cried and I was 34 years old

Your bang on with that! I burst into tears with my head in my hands when I thought McCoist had been awarded a penalty! I’ll always remember my 13 year old son screaming at me “it’s ok dad he’s not given it!!”

Ethan Hunt

As much as I absolutely loved pumping Hibs, and I really did love it, the feelings and emotions when we won the cup in 1998 will never leave me.

Jingle Bells
On 16/05/2020 at 15:00, Andy Black said:

You can see us on the Neil Pointin video outside the bus. 

Shortly after Leslie Deans asks ‘Would you like to hold the Cup?’ 

2B6129AF-8A4F-472E-9F7E-7CE1EA4325FF.jpeg

The icing on the cake (for the day), Andy?