Top Posters In This Topic

• Worthing Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• London_Hearts

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Just dug out my ticket. North West lower stand, row SS. Kinda next to where the new stand was being constructed. Pleasantly surprised to learn my ticket cost me £7!

At the end of the match, I managed to work my way down and around to the front row next to the halfway line. I was stood next to Gary MacKay who was trying to get from the stand to join the cup parade on the pitch. The security guys were having none of it despite his pleas. Fair to say Gary was fizzing! 😄 

Did Gary leave us the season previous ? honestly cant remember 

Samuel Camazzola
13 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Did Gary leave us the season previous ? honestly cant remember 

I believe it was. I recall him playing in the Pony kit and think he may have been involved in the 4-3 Coca-Cola Cup Final squad which was season before. 

9 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Celebrating with a can of skol on the bench near the gorgie farm. What a day. My favourite cup final, we had waited so long and had so many disappointments. 

624BEC1C-3CB0-4038-954F-FE799B264710.jpeg

Stop it Helen, I'm nearly greeting now ;)  I only waited 35 years 6 months and one week to see Hearts finally win something!  There's some dodgy characters in that photo, especially the guy at the back fourth from the right!  I still remember getting the bus back to Livvy that night  the driver wasn't going to let Kenny on with his bottle of bucky then at Kirknewton he said Kenny couldn't get off for a pee - but he did - probably a Hibby ;)   My highlight of the weekend was the Sunday parade, my Dad was 77 then, still a season ticket holder, but he didn't go to the final because his mate that went to all the games with him was ill.   When the bus appeared at the bottom of Ardmillan, wee Robbo was at the front holding the cup with tears in his eyes - my Dad was the same!  Great memories.  Celebrating tonight with a nice Chardonnay and a few beers as I'm stuck in France for a while yet

In 1961, my dad was going to take me to the league cup final and changed his mind at the last minute and said there’ll be plenty more chances to go. Fast forward 37 years and after attending semi finals and finals with nothing to show for it I took my two sons aged 9 and 13 to the 98 final. At the final whistle it took me a while to realise what had happened and it only hit home when my 9 year old asked why I was crying, I didn’t realise I was and I said to them soak this in as it might never happen again. Little did I know that they were about to see a few more. It was the best day of my life at that time, football wise, but it also cemented my boys as hearts fans and they haven’t missed a semi or final since. In 2012 I was in Florida with my family to celebrate my 60th and Both my sons and I missed the hibs final live but we managed to watch it in a Florida bar along with a few other hearts and hibs fans. That was my next favourite and after the game we put sun screen on our backs in the shape of 5-1 and for the rest of the summer we had a 5-1 tattoo in sun tan😆

3 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I remember Rangers (aye they used to be called Rangers) fans congratulating our fans after the game and saying the best team won,Fairly unique as it would never happen now. 
Definitely the best ever day supporting hearts,Anyone who suffered the 80’s  watching us,Deserved that win. 

My dad said exactly the same after the 1956 final.  Celtic supporters celebrating with them.

35 minutes ago, DavyH said:

Stop it Helen, I'm nearly greeting now ;)  I only waited 35 years 6 months and one week to see Hearts finally win something!  There's some dodgy characters in that photo, especially the guy at the back fourth from the right!  I still remember getting the bus back to Livvy that night  the driver wasn't going to let Kenny on with his bottle of bucky then at Kirknewton he said Kenny couldn't get off for a pee - but he did - probably a Hibby ;)   My highlight of the weekend was the Sunday parade, my Dad was 77 then, still a season ticket holder, but he didn't go to the final because his mate that went to all the games with him was ill.   When the bus appeared at the bottom of Ardmillan, wee Robbo was at the front holding the cup with tears in his eyes - my Dad was the same!  Great memories.  Celebrating tonight with a nice Chardonnay and a few beers as I'm stuck in France for a while yet

It was some day (and night) David. Made so much sweeter when I got back to Manchester on the Sunday night and my neighbour was a Rangers fan. 2012 was great but nothing will beat 1998. 

Seaside jambo

Love hearing the memories and stories of other jambos from the best hearts game I have attended 

some of these have brought a tear to my eye 

it’s great to be a jambo and I have 4 grandsons who I hope will have their own stories one day 👍

credit card
53 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

It was some day (and night) David. Made so much sweeter when I got back to Manchester on the Sunday night and my neighbour was a Rangers fan. 2012 was great but nothing will beat 1998. 

What a great day. Finding a corner shop that had beer left was a major task. Skol lager was rank rotten but tasted like Moet & Chandon after we managed to finally fill a few  carrier bags.

We all agreed if we ever won the cup we would stay up all night and we did. 

When the beer ran out your dad and Mr Halkett taught me all about whisky drinking.

Deffo the best cup win simply because of all the crap we watched for so many years. The 68 final losing to Dunfermline, 76 cup final where we lost before the game started, Dundee Utd, Airdrie and St Mingin thwarting final appearances, Celtic scoring 2 in the last minute in a semi and Aberdeen gubbing us in 86. Finally we do it; a team from Glasgow with a Glasgow referee. A penalty after a minute on a hot sunny day and a free kick given against us instead of the usual penalty will never be beaten. HHGH

Worthing Jambo

Just coming on Freesports ch 422 the greatest day of my Hearts supporting life.

God bless you JJ 🥰

Celebrating 40 years of following the famous, 🇱🇻🇱🇻, Dundee 86, Final 86 Final 96 and numerous semi final defeats along the way, St midden, Airdrie Septic, and then finally 98, what a glorious scorching day and even better doing it at Septic Park. JJ and BB  legends, Never thought I'd see the day, but now seen 3 🇱🇻🇬🇧🇱🇻

Best day ever as a Jambo. Just turned 18 and remember the sun shining and just a great feeling to the whole day. At the time felt like we were major underdogs but everything seemed to go our way. Favourite ever Hearts team as well. Cameron and McCann were awesome players. Just watching on free sports. Brilliant stuff

Worthing Jambo

I was sitting next to a guy who claimed to have the badge off Alfie Conn’s 56 shirt on his scarf😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't know how I got through this. 

Next Saturday's game was a breeze 

😉

Worthing Jambo

I was in line with the McCoist incident.

Head in hands thinking it was a pen and here we go again.

Tapped on the shoulder and told “he’s given a free kick”, I knew then it was our day🥳

This is mad.. don't think i have seen the whole match since i was there as a kid.. had the vhs but was only the highlights

Seaside jambo
3 minutes ago, Tricks said:

Salvatori Cameron Fulton what a midfield 3

Oh to have half that team today 😐

annushorribilis III
47 minutes ago, zeke1874 said:

Best day ever as a Jambo. Just turned 18 and remember the sun shining and just a great feeling to the whole day. At the time felt like we were major underdogs but everything seemed to go our way. Favourite ever Hearts team as well. Cameron and McCann were awesome players. Just watching on free sports. Brilliant stuff

I can still remember getting of a Glasgow bus at Parkhead and there just seemed to be Jambos everywhere who were in a really buoyant mood but the Rangers fans looked like they were going to a funeral.   McCoist was retiring, Waldo was off & the team was going to be dismantled after the final . There was  distinct lack of their usual arrogance. Maybe it was the drink as I was absolutely battered by the time I got in the ground. 

Some day though. The final whistle seemed to be an overwhelming feeling  of disbelief or folk greetin' .  

Edited by annushorribilis III

4 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Oh to have half that team today 😐

Exactly jefferies really put together some team.. a mix of hungry players from lesser teams like falkirk and dundee, youngsters from our youth set up and foreigners who actually contributed and improved the team

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It was a great Rangers team. 

Watching it all over again,  it was destiny. 

Such a shame we never built on the day the way our team was capable of. 

Hearts though  :)

Seaside jambo

Is it just me or is Craig Brown opinions biased as fu** he’s as well just singing the sash 

clown o a man never liked him 

ginger jambo98

Nothing but painful and yet absolutely ecstatic memories for me. I was on call with work that weekend. Had a ticket, went to the old Barnton for pre match drinks and about 45 mins before we were due to leave, I got called in. Not one I could do on the phone so I handed my ticket to my pal and he took his daughters pal through. I was in work til 2.45. Nipped in to the rainbow to watch the game, it was full of vermin so I walked the 500 yards or so down the road. Turned the TV on, heard the words "he's pointing to the spot" assumed it was for them and turned the TV off before the picture even came in to view. Went out and cut the grass in the huff. Came in and saw we were 1 up, then Adam scored to make it 2. I turned it off again as I thought I was the jinx. My wife came home with 10 to go and said "are you not watching the game, Hearts are winning". Turned on as they scored, heart nearly stopped. Thankfully we held on and I headed down to the Barnton for the back of 6 to greet my pals off the bus, tears in everyone's eyes. So happy we won in 2006 and 2012 when I was at both games to prove to myself that I'm not the jinx. 

Edited by ginger jambo98

Worthing Jambo

Isn’t it strange though with football, when it’s your day or year, it is.

Doesn’t have to be the greatest team or performance.

The attitude can make it though.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It was a great Rangers team. 

Watching it all over again,  it was destiny. 

Such a shame we never built on the day the way our team was capable of. 

Hearts though  :)

We did the opposite.  We decided the best way to strengthen that squad even further was to sell it.

Seething to this day.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Is it just me or is Craig Brown opinions biased as fu** he’s as well just singing the sash 

clown o a man never liked him 

Begging for a Rangers comeback 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

We did the opposite.  We decided the best way to strengthen that squad even further was to sell it.

Seething to this day.

Hibs relegation you mentioned. 

Chipper in Musselburgh,  boy said to me he hoped we all wanked ourselves to death 

:lol:

Later in the week I managed to get an extra ticket so arranged for my father to go with my brother and took the single ticket

Much to my joy I found myself next to a lovely woman who was also on her own...now when it came to goal celebrations and those at the final whistle it was a tough choice as to whether I would have preferred a family celebration or what turned out to be some wonderful hugs of joy.

Someone had to do it and I certainly got the better end of the 'deal'

On the way out bumped into some friends from London who I had not seen for a while and that helped make the day extra special before meeting up with the family getting home for a couple 😁 of beers at the Ardmillan Hearts club with a great Sunday parade day as well

Edited by CJGJ

13 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

How the F was gattuso not sent off!!?

Never changed did he? Always a wee angry ******* running around kicking everyone 

My main memory of the second half is my old man raging after mccoist scored.. that wee ******* is gonna do us again.. thankfully we held on

stevie1874
23 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

That was my thoughts as well 

Worthing Jambo
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Christ I was actually getting nervous watching that all over again 

And me!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It was an epic day and an epic end to the game,  we had to be hanging on 

2 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Just coming on Freesports ch 422 the greatest day of my Hearts supporting life.

God bless you JJ 🥰

Just read this 😭😭😭

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Lost count of the number of times I thought the same, watching it tonight.

Unbelievable. 
That David Weir saving tackle in the last minute s hardly mentioned by Hearts fans. A history making intervention.

Great memories for those of us who lived through the numerous kicks in the balls we suffered for years.