Annan Athletic

Ryan Gosling

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Jesus that will be some bus journey when we play then in the Second Division in a couple of years:)

Buffalo Bill
Great.

No time for Sphartans at all.

Pablo, you put the 'h' in Corstorphine! ;)

Buffalo Bill

Pablo, you put the 'h' in Corstorphine! ;)

Buffalo Bill

Bill, you've taken that too far. Therapist Towers is in Corstorphine and I can assure you the area is certainly not sellik mhinded. :mad:

Is it still big Sam (IIRC) Lynch in charge?

No idea, but previous involvement of said person is enough to put me off for good.

I'm sure there was another school teacher involved - guy who used to be at St Mirren?

Buffalo Bill
Bill, you've taken that too far. Therapist Towers is in Corstorphine and I can assure you the area is certainly not sellik mhinded. :mad:

As is Buffalo Towers.

I was simply congratulating Pablo on his ability to find an 'h' for all our enemies.

Buffalo Bill

No idea, but previous involvement of said person is enough to put me off for good.

I'm sure there was another school teacher involved - guy who used to be at St Mirren?

do you mean Tom Hendrie? who was at alloa then got the st mirren job

The Old Tolbooth

Spartans will be sick, but Annan have a fantasic set up down there and may well give it a good go.

Congrats to them :)

do you mean Tom Hendrie? who was at alloa then got the st mirren job

That's the chap.

Another doughnut imho. Wasn't he rather disparaging about Hearts when St Mirren manager?

As is Buffalo Towers.

I was simply congratulating Pablo on his ability to find an 'h' for all our enemies.

Buffalo Bill

Ah, right. That's ok then. :P

NoseLikeMahe

If they have a great set up, why weren't they invited ahead of their near neighbours the last time?

Does not compute

Co-managers of Spartans are Sam Lynch and Mickey Lawson.

Good set up they have there, cracking wee club in the ground as well :mj_zivili: .

FORTHCLYDE

Seemingly Spartans only got 6 votes which seems very low. Seems to be some anti-Edinburgh bias with Spartans, Edinburgh City and nearby Preston finishing bottom.

mickmaroon
Seemingly Spartans only got 6 votes which seems very low. Seems to be some anti-Edinburgh bias with Spartans, Edinburgh City and nearby Preston finishing bottom.

Maybe - or any EoS sympathies were split/diluted across the three? Seems that quite a few clubs voted for one of the Lothian clubs in the first round.

loveofthegame

Bit of a joke imo- Spartans are laying all the foundations to be a great addition to the SFL, working really really hard at grass roots and with the building of their new facilities at Ainslie Park(albeit with Lottery Funding).

They're repeatedly successful in the EoS league and deserved a shot.

My mate plays for them and is off for a team meetin and training just now, looking forward to hearing what was said as i dont have any idea what the reasoning behind the decision was.

tommythejambo

***** Annan! WHat a joke, a team goes out of business, recording some of the lowest attendances in SPL history, and the new position gets offered to a team just a few miles up teh road.

Good call SPL. ******ing farcical!

mickmaroon
***** Annan! WHat a joke, a team goes out of business, recording some of the lowest attendances in SPL history, and the new position gets offered to a team just a few miles up teh road.

Good call SPL. ******ing farcical!

Agreed. Should have been Cove

:)

Glad to hear you're a Craigmount lad like myself.

Sam Lynch, as a teacher, was vastly out of his depth. He initially took my PE classes, before becoming a Guidance Teacher. He also coached our school team to the Scottish Sheild. Loved and craved the attention, but all in all he slavers a whole amount of sh**e.

Harmless man, though.

Glad to hear you're a Craigmount lad like myself.

Sam Lynch, as a teacher, was vastly out of his depth. He initially took my PE classes, before becoming a Guidance Teacher. He also coached our school team to the Scottish Sheild. Loved and craved the attention, but all in all he slavers a whole amount of sh**e.

Harmless man, though.

I think I was at Craigmount before you then.

We were taught how to spell shield correctly and everything!;)

Didn't care much for him tbh. Heard a few tales...

I think I was at Craigmount before you then.

We were taught how to spell shield correctly and everything!;)

Didn't care much for him tbh. Heard a few tales...

:laugh: 'i before e...' and all that. I never did grasp the English language.

Tales of...? I think he had his fingers in a few different pies, so to speak..

Bit of a joke imo- Spartans are laying all the foundations to be a great addition to the SFL, working really really hard at grass roots and with the building of their new facilities at Ainslie Park(albeit with Lottery Funding).

They're repeatedly successful in the EoS league and deserved a shot.

My mate plays for them and is off for a team meetin and training just now, looking forward to hearing what was said as i dont have any idea what the reasoning behind the decision was.

I believe that was the issue, foundations but at the time of the visit the stadium was not finished yet. :confused:

I had a wee soft spot for them as I know a guy that plays for their seconds. I have met a few of the first team on various nights out and would have liked to see them get the gig.

Anyone other than that and I can honestly say that I don't care one way or another.

Sam Lynch's first love was volleyball closely followed by the love of his eyebrow.

Delighted.

Ha Ha Blast from the past Sam Lynch, we had the best PE dept for the depraved with McAllister as well.

"Scottish Football Association chief executive Gordon Smith, who has been campaigning for a pyramid system of entry to the SFL, congratulated Annan but urged the losing clubs not to lose hope.

"There were five very strong candidates to take their place," he said.

"To the other four clubs, I would say that they should continue the work that they are doing and that sometime in the future there may be a system in place that allows them to get entry into the Scottish League."

Think this is a great idea. Will keep the carrot dangling in front of players that its possible to get into the league. It would create more competitive football and benefit Scottish football from grass roots upwards.

Rust Cohle

Never had much time for Spartans, but it made sense fo them to get the place.

Been challenging at the top of the EoS for several years now, gonna have a great wee ground and got a fantastic youth system in place.

The Weegie Mafia strikes again, the GFA show utter contempt for all things 'embra'.

Would love to see that wee ginger rat Strachan's face when he found out tho :)

Ha Ha Blast from the past Sam Lynch, we had the best PE dept for the depraved with McAllister as well.

McAllister! LOL

I remember him turning up to some 6th year function at Top-O's on Grindlay Street.

What a stroker.

loveofthegame
I believe that was the issue, foundations but at the time of the visit the stadium was not finished yet. :confused:

I had a wee soft spot for them as I know a guy that plays for their seconds. I have met a few of the first team on various nights out and would have liked to see them get the gig.

Anyone other than that and I can honestly say that I don't care one way or another.

Yes apparently so mate. However, if that was the sole reason it was an incredibly short sighted decision by the SFL. I'd love to say i'm suprised by this, but i'd be lying.

Yes apparently so mate. However, if that was the sole reason it was an incredibly short sighted decision by the SFL. I'd love to say i'm suprised by this, but i'd be lying.

I think that they had a "tick" list, asking if they had things like toilets and the answer was no as they were lying in a box over there and an x capacity stadium and the answer, due to the fact that the seats are not in yet was no.

On the face of it, their tick list was not overly blessed with ticks, despite the fact that by the end of the year (I think) they would have got as much, if not more than the other candidates.

Archived