Just Eat Driver

Pele_Is_God

Pele_Is_God

Thinking of getting a cheapish car and doing this in the future.  Anybody here do it? How much can you make?

41 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thought this was a cannibalism thread.

3 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

How much can you make?

Three words. Harvest the organs. 

IronJambo

I can't see the attraction with doing this.

A moped would probably be better than a car though.

Greedy Jambo

A mate of mine does deliveries for a chippy. 50 quid cash per night and his dinner f.o.c

Tough gig these days. It’s all cashless so the option o telling the driver to keep the change as he goes slowly digging into his pocket for your £1.70 change from your £20 note is no more.

Even less so now as they have to leave the scran on the doorstep and stand well back.

frankblack
37 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

A mate of mine does deliveries for a chippy. 50 quid cash per night and his dinner f.o.c

Is the car supplied and petrol covered?

Greedy Jambo
Just now, frankblack said:

Is the car supplied and petrol covered?

Not sure about petrol, he uses his own car though. 

frankblack
50 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Not sure about petrol, he uses his own car though. 

If you use your car for working (not getting to and from the office) I think your insurance is higher, and you have wear and tear considerations in addition if using it for work.

Once you take these off the money you have to ask if its worth it.

Edited by frankblack

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If you use your car for working (not getting to and from the office) I think your insurance is higher, and you have wear and tear considerations in addition if using it for work.

Once you take these off the money you have to ask if its worth it.

Aye, I doubt my mate declares that to be honest. 

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Tough gig these days. It’s all cashless so the option o telling the driver to keep the change as he goes slowly digging into his pocket for your £1.70 change from your £20 note is no more.

Even less so now as they have to leave the scran on the doorstep and stand well back.

This will be the kicker for them. Easy to get an extra quid per delivery in tip gone. 

AlimOzturk
4 hours ago, pablo said:

Deliveroo and Uber Eats allows you to tip the driver when placing your order.

Aii then your food turns up late missing half the order. The whole point of tipping is to show appreciation of a good job. Ubber and just eat offering this tip section is a way of just getting the customer to supplement their employees wages. Something they should be doing in their own the greedy ****s. 

Nucky Thompson

Nothing stopping people tossing a one or two pound coin to the driver. I would still tip if my food arrived on time

Tommy Brown

Daughter and son did it in the past for an Indian in Broxburn.

Few years ago now, I sometimes filled in for them.

You'll get say £2.50 ave delivery plus tips. Back then (10 yrs ago) on a weekend I would get about £50-£70 on a night.

19 hours ago, Whatever said:

Just Eat was paid for online before your order was delivered anyway before Covid came along.

Edited by Ray Gin

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Just Eat was paid for online before your order was delivered anyway before Covid came along.

There was on option to pay cash on delivery.

Vlad Magic

I used to deliver for an Indian take away back in the day. You could make some decent wedge at weekends but the costs to your car are never factored in when young and wreckless.

Tyres, brakes, servicing etc are not considered when you are flying about trying to get as many orders delivered as possible.

Also the smell of your car on a Monday morning is rather unpleasant! Hardly conducive for getting girls nickers round their ankles!!

hughesie27

Got a chippy the other night. A pizza for me and a fish supper for her. The boy rung the bell then put the food down at the step to social distance. Except he put the pizza right on its side to slide down into a pile of cheese.

Edited by hughesie27

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

There was on option to pay cash on delivery.

I stand corrected, never noticed that before.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nothing stopping people tossing a one or two pound coin to the driver. I would still tip if my food arrived on time

This.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Also the smell of your car on a Monday morning is rather unpleasant! Hardly conducive for getting girls nickers round their ankles!!

Least of your worries I would've thought, mate. :(

Vlad Magic
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This.

Least of your worries I would've thought, mate. :(

This was 20 years ago 👍

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

This was 20 years ago 👍

:D 👍

Vlad Magic
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

:D 👍

The remark “ your car smells of Korma “ was heard on more than one occasion 😂

My reply would get me a ban 🤣

23 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thought this was a cannibalism thread.

😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Kill Jester 

:biggrin2: That thought crossed my mind too when I saw the thread title.

Auld Reekin'
3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

The remark “ your car smells of Korma “ was heard on more than one occasion 😂

My reply would get me a ban 🤣

Instant Korma's gonna get you...   

Always lob the driver a few quid, I’ve left it at the door recently with the old covid hanging around. He leaves me the grub I leave him a few bob. 

I'd imagine delivering for independent takeaways themselves is more beneficial. Think Just Eat are paid hourly, but independent takeaways pay by delivery. Used to help my ex's dad do it for a Chinese in Portobello as he couldn't really do stairs. Had some really shitty, quiet nights, but seen him make £50-75 easily at the right times.

Used to love doing it. He'd pay me a tenner, plus let me keep tips from doors I did, and get the free meal at the end. I was only 17 and couldn't find a job so making wee £20 cash in hand and a free Chinese was brilliant.

On 02/05/2020 at 17:47, Whatever said:

I always make sure I've got a bit of change to tip the driver. Always pay by card online, but keep a quid or 2 in change back whenever I can.

heartsfc_fan

I used to be a takeaway driver about 11 years ago.

Was a side earner during my last days at uni.

Some nights I made the equivalent of £10 an hour. Quiet nights barely £5 an hour.

Downside was I had to use my own car and paid my own fuel.

On 02/05/2020 at 17:35, Space Pirate said:

Heart attack waiting to happen if he has a chippy every night!

I thought you had to do the deliveries on bikes that can only go on pavements?