Points deduction...would you take it?

hoof.hearted

hoof.hearted

Given that it would be a total injustice if we are put down, and most other teams couldn't give a stuff about fairness as long as they're ok, would you take a points deduction for us to stay up? 

Sounds daft but clubs that wouldn't want to be one of the 3 teams relegated if we had a 14 team leave for a season, might just go for it if we and ICT had a 5 point deduction. 

After all they are all pretty confident we wouldn't have clawed back the 4 points this season. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, hoof.hearted said:

Given that it would be a total injustice if we are put down, and most other teams couldn't give a stuff about fairness as long as they're ok, would you take a points deduction for us to stay up? 

Sounds daft but clubs that wouldn't want to be one of the 3 teams relegated if we had a 14 team leave for a season, might just go for it if we and ICT had a 5 point deduction. 

After all they are all pretty confident we wouldn't have clawed back the 4 points this season. 

Or alternatively, start 2020/21 on the points the teams finished the season on.  If Celtic are so confident that they would have won the league, then they’ve got 38 games to extend their lead even further.  

hoof.hearted
12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Where would Dundee United start?

Looks like they're coming up no matter what so they'd be on zero points. Only us and ICT as we are teams bigger league would suit.

Interesting suggestion. 

Not going to happen. But shows progressive thinking. 

Queen of the South were the worst team in the Championship when it ended. It would be fair if they started next season on negative points. Same with Brechin. 

11 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Looks like they're coming up no matter what so they'd be on zero points. Only us and ICT as we are teams bigger league would suit.

Was more of a reply to the idea above my post

Absolutely bonkers suggestion.

The league either finishes or should be voided as the Dutch have done.  Winners and losers should be decided on merit or results voided.

hoof.hearted
22 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Nope.

Why should we be punished for something that’s out with our control?

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The league either finishes or should be voided as the Dutch have done.  Winners and losers should be decided on merit or results voided.

Agreed. But the question was 'would you take it ' if it's that or relegation. It's no wonder clubs can't agree when even our own supporters can't understand a question.

heartandsoul
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This

Voiding the season is the best of bad choices. To compensate, current league positions should be used for awarding prize money and european places. 

The awarding of a title for a league not finished doesn't sit well with me. However, I don't think the awarding of the title or not puts Celtic out. Like they don't lose money as long as prize money is awarded on the basis of current placings. However, we're facing huge losses for the sake of giving Celtic and their fans another meaningless title. We're going to be financially crippled for Celtic's ego. Its not ethical. However, the real loser (beyond ourselves) is Partick. League 1 is a bad place to be. Even less money so there is serious financial harm to Partick and the impact that will have on their staff - players potentially on part time contracts? general members of staff?

Edited by OTT

11 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Agreed. But the question was 'would you take it ' if it's that or relegation. It's no wonder clubs can't agree when even our own supporters can't understand a question.

The rules we kicked off with were prizes and penalties decided after 38 games.  The fact there has been a conspiracy by clubs and the SPFL to shaft us by moving the goalposts and give Celtic an undeserved title is simply unacceptable.

1 hour ago, hoof.hearted said:

I understand the question perfectly, thanks.

I answered that “No, I wouldn’t take” as both options punish us for something we have no control over.

If it was that or go down? Obviously, but I don't think thats fair. 

Null and void the league or offer a guarantee that no team will be relegated. 

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Or alternatively, start 2020/21 on the points the teams finished the season on.  If Celtic are so confident that they would have won the league, then they’ve got 38 games to extend their lead even further.  

This would be a great solution, in effect finish the season now but each club carries their points tally forward and starts next season with those points; no need to play any outstanding games even behind closed doors and no relegations. I can see this happening in the Premier League and EFL Championship too. Liverpool would start next season 25 points clear so would have a flying start on the rest. Shame about not getting the title.

hoof.hearted

Having read some of the replies I've accepted we're down as too many deluded people who STILL think season will be void, or played to a conclusion. Neither have a chance of happening. Championship here we come. 

Saint Jambo
45 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Having read some of the replies I've accepted we're down as too many deluded people who STILL think season will be void, or played to a conclusion. Neither have a chance of happening. Championship here we come. 

No one has said they think it will happen on this thread, they've said think it should. Equally, your idea has absolutely no hope in hell of happening. Why do you get to put out an idea that clearly isn't going to happen, but also get to criticise others for giving their opinions of what they think should happen? You do know it isn't what Hearts fans think will or should happen that will actually determine what does happen don't you? From your post above it seems not. You can't genuinely think that we are going to end up in the Championship because some supporters on a messaged board are stilling saying the season should finish or be voided. No one is that stupid right? 

2 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Run that by me again? What is the connection between clubs negotiating reconstruction and posters on this thread reading your post?

52 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Well lets hope the players we will have left don't have your loser attitude.

Oh and if we did go down we would romp the championship as per the last season we spent in that division...none of this oh it'll be tough nonsense

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, hoof.hearted said:

If the league is declared null and void it is deemed to have not taken place. So in that case, what could happen is that the top two in the Championship could be promoted' league of 14, and the division of funds from the top league would be split based on present positions. That scenario might even get the backing of Celtic, if, and it could be a big if, UEFA decide that leagues can finish as is, and be delared in that way, but no European places would be given, whereas null and void and the present league positions are used for European places. Would also mean it would be down to league positions if the Scottsh Cup ain't played to a conclusion either.

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

You seem like someone who would be the first to rush into the showers to pick up the soap at the feet of Celtic.

If Hearts let other clubs eject us from the league without fighting it in the courts there will be many fans who won't be back.  The Dutch league was voided as a number of clubs threatened legal action if they were relegated without concluding their fixtures.

Edited by frankblack

3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Said this weeks ago far to simple for the spl 

gashauskis9
45 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Said this weeks ago far to simple for the spl 

Next fairest way of doing it if null and void is off the table.  In the absence of promotion, I’m sure Dundee Utd would prefer to start the season miles ahead and be guaranteed  promotion next season than start on the same points as the rest.  

6 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Would you award Celtic title this season and then give them a points advantage for next season to make up for them having an asterisk against the incomplete season? Your suggestion is imo an unnecessary complication.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

I can’t make any sense of any of this??