Robbo Q & A

broxburnjambo

TyphoonJambo

Which Hubz player did you like ramming it upto most, and did they bite? 

My all time hero.

Absolutely  loved Robbo, J.C and Gary Mackay as a kid. If only we had those type of players now, we certainly wouldn't be worrying what league we'll be in next season. If there even is a next season. 

Perth to Paisley
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't have Facebook. :(

Is there another way to listen?

Will it end up as a podcast or viz YouTube??

Just now, Perth to Paisley said:

Is there another way to listen?

Will it end up as a podcast or viz YouTube??

Hopefully someone puts it on here, if allowed.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Only takes 5 to set up an account then deactivate the account after it if you don't want FB.

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Probably don't need an account, just Google 'The longest Forty facebook'

7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Only takes 5 to set up an account then deactivate the account after it if you don't want FB.

The Mrs will use her's. :robboyas:

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Which Hubz player did you like ramming it upto most, and did they bite? 

Robbo says Paul Kane. 👍 

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

are you still a Hibs fan?

Why are you asking this specific question? What do you base it on? 

Jambo 4 Ever
25 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

He was a hibs fan growing up 

16 hours ago, kila said:

"What really went down between you and Hearts the night of your Scottish Football Hall of Fame induction last year?"

What happened there did I miss something?

Shanks said no
48 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Just for now I won’t challenge you on that, although if I wanted to I could show contrary evidence.

however if you are a Hearts fan is the first question you would ask the greatest Hearts player of our generation, our record goalscorer and hammer of the Hibs “are you still a hibs fan?” 

you were maybe trying to be funny or clever, well sorry but your post absolutely reeks.

vermin

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

From the man himself...

Breaking the derby goalscoring record of Hearts idol Willie Bauld — I netted 27 in total against Hibs in two spells as a Jambo — gave me enormous pride.

Over the years there have been so many myths and lies spread about me and Hibs. Well, today I’m delighted to give SunSport readers the TRUTH.

It is true that as a kid I went to Easter Road for games with my big Hibs-supporting brother George. But it’s WRONG for anyone to claim I was actually a Hibee.

I’ve NEVER been a Hibs fan. I’ve never had a season ticket. I just loved the atmosphere of big matches and I admired the team, packed with top players such as Pat Stanton, Alex Edwards, Alex Cropley and Jimmy O’Rourke.

The posters on my bedroom wall were of Liverpool stars like Tommy Smith and Kevin Keegan. The Reds were the team who really captured my heart as a kid.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

In on Facebook 

The Longest Forty

Yeah, tried that, found their page, can’t see how to watch/listen. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shanks said no

Did I catch that correctly, the John Robertson collection that was in the John Robertson Lounge is no longer wanted by the current custodian at Hearts, is in Broughton Removals Storage And Robbo is willing to sell? 

38 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Did I catch that correctly, the John Robertson collection that was in the John Robertson Lounge is no longer wanted by the current custodian at Hearts, is in Broughton Removals Storage And Robbo is willing to sell? 

Not quite.

Seemed to say he wasn't sure what was happening but did say he wasn't sure they wanted a 'John Robertson Lounge'. Still hoping Hearts will buy his collection. 

4 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

Fantastic interview from Robbo. Can't wait for the book.

Yes. He's gone back to his autobiography during lockdown and expects to be able to finish it.

Replay is on link below. Click on interview on Videos tab. 

https://m.facebook.com/pg/thelongestforty/videos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Edited by Mikey1874

Shanks said no
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not quite.

Seemed to say he wasn't sure what was happening but did say he wasn't sure they wanted a 'John Robertson Lounge'. Still hoping Hearts will buy his collection. 

cheers my connect was shan and i gave up after it froze when he was telling the Alex Miller Scotland story

The Old Tolbooth
9 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

He really wasn’t, he wasn’t interested in Scottish football, Liverpool was his team. 

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not quite.

Any idea on the sale price for Robbos collection?

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s not sure if the club want a John Robertson lounge? 

:wtf:

Not only this, he’s not sure if the club want his memorabilia back to showcase or not and is negotiating with the club about it, this just goes to show how so far ****ing detached Ann Budge is from Hearts! There should be absolutely no question that Robbo’s memorabilia should be part of the DNA of the club, this is a complete embarrassment by Hearts! 

On another note, if Stendel doesn’t come back, I’d have Robbo back in a heart beat, we need a proper Hearts man who is passionate and knows what he’s doing, unlike that fud Levein! 

37 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Not only this, he’s not sure if the club want his memorabilia back to showcase or not and is negotiating with the club about it, this just goes to show how so far ****ing detached Ann Budge is from Hearts! There should be absolutely no question that Robbo’s memorabilia should be part of the DNA of the club, this is a complete embarrassment by Hearts! 

On another note, if Stendel doesn’t come back, I’d have Robbo back in a heart beat, we need a proper Hearts man who is passionate and knows what he’s doing, unlike that fud Levein! 

In fairness we don’t know all the facts and I’ve had a go at Budge quite a lot recently so hopefully there’s a fairly straightforward reason. 

I agree fully with your second paragraph. 

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In fairness we don’t know all the facts and I’ve had a go at Budge quite a lot recently so hopefully there’s a fairly straightforward reason. 

I agree fully with your second paragraph. 

Robbo should always have his achievements on display at the club mate, regardless of anything else, he’s the modern day club hero and anyone being shown around the club in future should be made aware of his achievements and what he done for the club, it would be a shallow place without it. 

11 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

are you still a Hibs fan?

10 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

No, little boy.

He was a Liverpool fan, when growing up.

You’re the only Hibby on this thread at the moment.

John Robertson shouldn’t have a lounge named after him he should have a stand named after him if not the stadium.🇱🇻🏆.

1 minute ago, Crete said:

John Robertson shouldn’t have a lounge named after him he should have a stand named after him if not the stadium.🇱🇻🏆.

You’re cooking with gas now, Miss Crete.

:thumbsup:

:robbo:

11 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Tbf when I started watching Hearts it was the chat at that time. I took it as gospel but it didn't bother me. 

1 minute ago, smiler said:

Is Crete a bursd? 

Look back on her posting history.

In other words, yes, she is.