• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• hueyview

• Morgan

• Samuel Camazzola

17 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just had my second lockdown haircut. First one went well, this time both me and the mrs were a bit overconfident I think.

Too high a line/taper at the back and I spotted a random clump on the top of my head so attempted to solve that issue with the clippers with no guard on. 

When I bend down I look like a piggy bank. The opposite of travis bickle!

:rofl:

But just think of the money you've saved.

Governor Tarkin

Twist yourself in a set of dreadlocks and take a razor to the back and sides, chaps.

All of your hairdresser worries will be solved and the nubile young vixens will be positively foaming for a pummeling.

👍

• 2 weeks later...
Nelly Terraces

Just finished doing another self cut with clippers I bought at start of lockdown.

That's now my 5th cut so with my normal barber visit costing a tenner & the clippers 27 quid they've paid off handsomely investment wise! Gotta say, think I've done a pretty decent job, my hair is a ****ing nightmare, thick, wiry (yeah like the owner before any other smartarse says it! :biggrin2:) so I like it short & normally get a zero round the side & graded up from there. Up to today I've only felt confident enough to have a 1 at the sides but today took the guard off & went in really close (so a 'closed' cut to the temples then open them up bit by bit to fade in then add a 1 guard, 2 guard & so on to get that proper fade & not be left with a ludicrous step. I even did some actual cutting with scissors to tidy certain bits up.

What I would say is be VERY careful (the thing about taking your shortest cut to the temples & fade from there is really important otherwise you go too high & have no room to fade cut it in) & take it slowly, I spent over an hour doing mine this am. I get my wife to give me an opinion as I go as sometimes it's hard to judge how straight your lines are at the back. Think the fact she says I've done a pretty good job pretty much says it all - think I've got the lick of it now & although will still continue to go to a barbers post lockdown can keep doing it myself too so will save a small fortune. Remember - take your time when cutting it guys - or if your lucky enough to have decent hair unlike my dreadful mop just let it grow & have cool long hair.

Cheers!

On 22/05/2020 at 13:40, crunchy frog said:

I reckon I'll be like "Hairmageddon" by the end of this 😟

IMG-20200408-WA0001 (002).jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0000.jpg

I'm sure a couple of these were teachers at st tams in the late 70s

3 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Just finished doing another self cut with clippers I bought at start of lockdown.

That's now my 5th cut so with my normal barber visit costing a tenner & the clippers 27 quid they've paid off handsomely investment wise! Gotta say, think I've done a pretty decent job, my hair is a ****ing nightmare, thick, wiry (yeah like the owner before any other smartarse says it! :biggrin2:) so I like it short & normally get a zero round the side & graded up from there. Up to today I've only felt confident enough to have a 1 at the sides but today took the guard off & went in really close (so a 'closed' cut to the temples then open them up bit by bit to fade in then add a 1 guard, 2 guard & so on to get that proper fade & not be left with a ludicrous step. I even did some actual cutting with scissors to tidy certain bits up.

What I would say is be VERY careful (the thing about taking your shortest cut to the temples & fade from there is really important otherwise you go too high & have no room to fade cut it in) & take it slowly, I spent over an hour doing mine this am. I get my wife to give me an opinion as I go as sometimes it's hard to judge how straight your lines are at the back. Think the fact she says I've done a pretty good job pretty much says it all - think I've got the lick of it now & although will still continue to go to a barbers post lockdown can keep doing it myself too so will save a small fortune. Remember - take your time when cutting it guys - or if your lucky enough to have decent hair unlike my dreadful mop just let it grow & have cool long hair.

Cheers!

I'm still just letting mine grow despite the Mrs being desperate to take the clippers to it! I've got pretty big lugs so would look awful is she makes an arse of it and I have to resort to a one or zero all over!

What I have gotten used to in lockdown is using a cut throat razor to keep my beard tidy, much easier to keep straight lines and shape the beard than with a mach3 etc

The upload limit for photos on JKB v iPhones being able to alter size before posting is making this thread way shitter than it should be.

8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'm still just letting mine grow despite the Mrs being desperate to take the clippers to it! I've got pretty big lugs so would look awful is she makes an arse of it and I have to resort to a one or zero all over!

What I have gotten used to in lockdown is using a cut throat razor to keep my beard tidy, much easier to keep straight lines and shape the beard than with a mach3 etc

Had my 2nd lockdown haircut by my mrs the other night. Until lockdown, she'd never cut hair before in her life (other than trim the kids hair as toddlers). Borrowed my old mans clippers complete with different sized guards and assured her it cant be that difficult! 2nd cut I honestly can hardly tell the difference from the barber doing it. She uses a no.2, 3 then 4 up the back and sides and cuts the top with scissors. If she manages a decent job the 3rd time I may never visit the barbers again 😂😂😂

wentworth jambo
19 hours ago, Ribble said:

I've gone the complete opposite to you - use the clippers, zero all over. Initially, loved it - but now it's a pain cos I need to do it every few days, almost like shaving, otherwise my napper starts to look like a toilet brush !!

Just shaved mine into the wuid (Hole I don't catch covid-19, now) And the santa baird is now a goatee. 

Edited by ri Alban

Just saw a woman coming of the 35 bus ...  Real spiky punk cut sticking right up.... definitely a home job.

Unfortunately she's right old pensioner...  Brutal for the poor soul.

Marty Byrde

Listen up Buddy boy...

gordon-gekko.jpg

Currently sporting the Gordon Gekko look as my hair is the longest It's ever been.

It's good, feel fresh with nothing over the front of my head.

I like being this.

:kirklol: