• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• hueyview

• Morgan

• Samuel Camazzola

Auld Reekin'
21 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

What one are you ,or what one are you heading for.

Mrs got new clippers from Amazon, and yes she cut my hair. I am now number 6 on the below picture.

Some might ask why let your wife cut your hair, answer desperation..My hair was doing my nut in.

:facepalm:

93303603_10163263714525277_8522006630492012544_n.jpg

1, 2, & 5 are pretty standard footballers' cuts these days.

No. 3 (a.k.a. the "Ramon Pereira"*) has been a standard and perfectly acceptable cut for Austrian men for many years, ideally matched with a polyester, floral-pattern, shirt and a stone-washed, denim, gilet. 

Ramon-Pereira-9-vass.jpg

(I'm just jealous as I've had a 'Robocop' for years now. If I don't have a go with my clippers soon, however, it'll be in danger of turning into an 'Art Garfunkel'...   :o  :sad:  )

I've got fairly large lugs so no danger of going for the shaved all over look, i'm just letting it grow but my hair grows pretty quickly anyway and was overdue a haircut before all this started, i'm basically spending 90% of the time moping about the house resembling the dude from the big lebowski, just missing the flip flops and sunglasses

7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Are you rocking the Joe Exotic look on the Cote d'Azur? 😀

Certainly am.  :) 

Comes natural.

Not done it yet but most likely going for a baldy...2 or 3 all over. Use to have really long hair for years, then a mullet when they came into style before going for different variations of the short back and side look. My hair now comes in incredibly thick and frizzy and I have big long grey streaks throughout so growing it out is not an option. 

So baldy it is. Not something I am wanting to do because I doubt i will suit it but better than the hobo look I thonk. 

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not done it yet but most likely going for a baldy...2 or 3 all over. Use to have really long hair for years, then a mullet when they came into style before going for different variations of the short back and side look. My hair now comes in incredibly thick and frizzy and I have big long grey streaks throughout so growing it out is not an option. 

So baldy it is. Not something I am wanting to do because I doubt i will suit it but better than the hobo look I thonk. 

Ha ha. Choices eh when there are none that suit.

So folk are cutting  their own hair and home brewing their own bevvy ..  What can go wrong...

:gok:

Got my missis to do a short back and side by following a YouTube tutorial with the knowledge that if went to **** I was going to shave it off anyways. Actually came out better than I expected especially after a bit of wax. 

Hairdressers re-opening here on May 11th.

Wife can’t wait, but I’m going to keep the length for a while.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Hairdressers re-opening here on May 11th.

Wife can’t wait, but I’m going to keep the length for a while.

:oohmatron:

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I know!  :vrface: 

As soon as I hit ‘submit reply’ it dawned on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first attempt at the old clippers. Nerve-racking to say the least, I don't have a mirror to hold up to see the back but have a very big suspicion I've made an arse of it trying to tidy up the neck hair.

Wife has an appointment for the 11th of May.

I’m just going to continue with the ‘Robbie Neilson’ hairdo.

Samuel Camazzola

I managed to get these from a local Boots store

https://www.boots.com/wahl-classic-edition-grooming-gift-set-10176636

The website has a stock checker option for branches and fortunately, they were in stock. Added bonus of when I arrived to find they were marked up with a half price tag! :HeartsManspotrun:

Nice maroon colour and comes in a little metal briefcase. 

On 17/04/2020 at 08:32, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'll go with 6...yep, definitely 6.

Gave my self a 6 all over with the help from a friend. I will leave it for a few weeks and go over it again. 

I do miss the banter in my barbers, but if I am able to save £17 per week then I will stick with my clippers.

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Gave my self a 6 all over with the help from a friend. I will leave it for a few weeks and go over it again. 

I do miss the banter in my barbers, but if I am able to save £17 per week then I will stick with my clippers.

you were paying £17 per week getting your hair cut?

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you were paying £17 per week getting your hair cut?

:laugh: Nah £17 every time I visited the Barber every 4/5 weeks. Don't know where I got week from.

Edited by Marvin

Just now, Marvin said:

:laugh: Nah £17 every time I visited the Barber every 4/5 weeks.

then why did you say per week?

Just now, milky_26 said:

then why did you say per week?

Because I have been taking a break from working at home and smoking weed all day.

AlphonseCapone

Aw the lads pretending they shave their heads anyway through choice and not because of a hairline retreating as fast as the French 😆

Mad Dog Logan
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Because I have been taking a break from working at home and smoking weed all day.

Good man, spending your time wisely👍

• 3 weeks later...

Continually tried Argos...Tesco....Asda......Curry's...... Etc

All out of stock for hair clippers.... For the last few weeks.....,.    Any other avenues for securing clippers.......please :(

5 minutes ago, hueyview said:

All out of stock for hair clippers.... For the last few weeks.....,.    Any other avenues for securing clippers.......please :(

I got some from Argos a few weeks ago when Amazon were all sold out, don’t go to the store, order it online for in-store collection, I had mine in 3 days. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I got some from Argos a few weeks ago when Amazon were all sold out, don’t go to the store, order it online for in-store collection, I had mine in 3 days. 

Put my postcode in for delivery and click collect. No stock and no click collect....I stay just off fountain bridge., Would pork up anywhere in centre

Just now, hueyview said:

Put my postcode in for delivery and click collect. No stock and no click collect....I stay just off fountain bridge., Would pork up anywhere in centre

Pick.  :)

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, hueyview said:

Am sure there a few in here who could give you advice on porking up In Edinburgh 

Sooperstar
13 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Just check the website of the manufacturers. Wahl seem to have some in stock.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just check the website of the manufacturers. Wahl seem to have some in stock.

That's mate will do....

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am sure there a few in here who could give you advice on porking up In Edinburgh 

Wouldn't be the same without a Kenny...   :)

52 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Work there, unfortunately any stock ends up going straight back out, often bought in bulk. Keep checking the website every couple of days and make sure you get in quick would be my only advice 

2 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Work there, unfortunately any stock ends up going straight back out, often bought in bulk. Keep checking the website every couple of days and make sure you get in quick would be my only advice 

Thanks Thommo.. will try again tomorrow....   I'm turning into a 70s Slade/ mud tribute........     If no cut by July..........  Jimmy Osmond beckons...

32 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just had my second lockdown haircut. First one went well, this time both me and the mrs were a bit overconfident I think.

Too high a line/taper at the back and I spotted a random clump on the top of my head so attempted to solve that issue with the clippers with no guard on. 

When I bend down I look like a piggy bank. The opposite of travis bickle!

Hi, Piggy Bank!

Just keep it long!

I’m definitely Robbie Neilson now...   :verysmug:

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, hueyview said:

Boots. A lot of online items may look to be out of stock but their site includes an option to check in store stock. Simply put town or post code into the search field. 👍 

37 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Boots. A lot of online items may look to be out of stock but their site includes an option to check in store stock. Simply put town or post code into the search field. 👍 

Will do

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Will do

John Lewis has a beard set online available but £65.00.

It would probably still do a job.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

I was about  to post the same.  Just get a beard trimmer and barber scissors.  

Edited by HMFC01

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I was about  to post the same.  Just get a beard trimmer and barber scissors.  

Job done.

😁

Yeah I've never tried doing an all over with a beard trimmer but you can do the sides and back.  I am currently in Steven Pressley mode but will trim when the outside temp goes up past 25 I think.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😁

Yeah I've never tried doing an all over with a beard trimmer but you can do the sides and back.  I am currently in Steven Pressley mode but will trim when the outside temp goes up past 25 I think.

Lucky you, I’m in the bald eagle mode.

AlimOzturk

Seen Austin Macphee today at Brains along Queensferry road. Shite manager.and coach aside, his hair is glorious

Boredom is a dangerous thing.   I have some hair dye lurking in the drawer,  just waiting to be unleashed.    

I'll probably have a purple barnet later when it goes wrong.    

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seen Austin Macphee today at Brains along Queensferry road. Shite manager.and coach aside, his hair is glorious

Can't see that being an essential journey since he's based in Cupar. 😄

doctor jambo
12 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

We are using the wahl clippers we bought for the dog.

absolutely fine

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, doctor jambo said:

absolutely fine

👍 Remember to oil the blades after each use. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

absolutely fine

Remember to disinfect them as you don’t want the dog getting an infection.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Remember to disinfect them as you don’t want the dog getting an infection.

The wife is refusing to trim the dog in case it looks stupid, whilst we are being forced into hair cuts.

Go figure

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The wife is refusing to trim the dog in case it looks stupid, whilst we are being forced into hair cuts.

Go figure

:laugh:

14 hours ago, hueyview said:

Thanks Thommo.. will try again tomorrow....   I'm turning into a 70s Slade/ mud tribute........     If no cut by July..........  Jimmy Osmond beckons...

😂

im lucky to have a set myself but the noise they’re making these days doesn’t inspire confidence. Hopefully they last or I’ll end up having to trust the Mrs with a pair of scissors...

Edited by Thommo414

William H. Bonney
17 hours ago, hueyview said:

Have you tried eBay. I got some a couple of weeks ago for £15 

hughesie27

GF trimmed the back and sides for me on Tuesday with a pair of communal clippers that have seemingly done the rounds in Sighthill. 

She done a good job but I never let her near the top which is long but okay just now. Will need trimmed within the next month though.